Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm going to get a slice of mozzarella out of the fridge and stuff it in my face

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

String cheese is good, but if you bit it it isn't. You need to get the surface area just right when you pull it. I like get nice big but thin pieces off, get that good air flavor in. Like bread, string cheese is like bread, the air is the best part!

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

Farecoal posted:

Also I don't like cheese

you LOVE it!! :swoon:

. . . right? :ohdear:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

pixaal posted:

String cheese is good, but if you bit it it isn't. You need to get the surface area just right when you pull it. I like get nice big but thin pieces off, get that good air flavor in. Like bread, string cheese is like bread, the air is the best part!

yes! ya gotta peel it, otherwise wtf are you doing with your life smdh

B33rChiller

For day to day use, old cheddar or young gouda for me.

Old gouda or some nice parm as a bit of something nice from time to time.

I recently made paneer from scratch for the first time, and we may have a new staple.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Where my burro's at?? I came here to get my $20

Also, hello

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dr. Honked posted:

yes! ya gotta peel it, otherwise wtf are you doing with your life smdh

Not gonna lie when one is just completely tastless lump I shove the entire thing in my mouth because I'm hungry and peeling it wont make it any better. But that's rare and kinda comes with getting string cheese.

e: to be clear it is a sad stick of string cheese peeled or unpeeled. The real solution is only eat good string cheese.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 20, 2022

sig by owlhawk911

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

alnilam posted:

Best cheese, hmmm. Depends on the context imo. I know a couple times I've had some really expensive cheese that blew my mind and I don't remember the details because it was a one time thing.

Best in terms of how often I use them multiplied by how good they are (like I use mozz and cheddar a ton, they add a lot to dishes, but they are not the star of the dish, you know)
Real Parm Reggiano is amazing and has broad utility
So is gorgonzola and I am less picky about the origin of gorg but I do prefer to get it in a wedge and crumble it myself

A good cranberry stilton is pretty incredible in several contexts.

Swiss Raclette is not mind blowing on its own but it is the star of the street food Raclette that holds a very special place in my heart

cranberry stilton isnt stilton okay we need to stop this. stilton is probably my fav cheese. one time i said that and someone said ;oh yeah i love the cranberries' and let me tell you i MELTED DOWN.

other very good cheeses, in no particular order:
fresh mozz
humboldt fog
st. andre
brie
manchego

heck plain ole walmart brand xtra sharp cheddar is tasty as heck

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Hey baby ditch that STring cheese and get with this STRONG cheese

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

pixaal posted:

my niece is a barbarian who just bites off the end of a string cheese like a banana, but thankfully her brother is civilized and eats a string cheese properly

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i like having the option of biting and peeling

pro strat: peel it in sections to make a cheesy cat o nine tails and flog your taste buds with flavor

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I like smoked cheeses and I might go bite a chunk of some right now

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

more falafel please

forums poster

B33rChiller posted:

For day to day use, old cheddar or young gouda for me.

Old gouda or some nice parm as a bit of something nice from time to time.

I recently made paneer from scratch for the first time, and we may have a new staple.

i gotta start making paneer. we used to be able to get it at the co-op right down the street and they haven't had it in a couple months, so we haven't made mattar paneer in at least that long!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

cruft

Saoshyant posted:

Where my burro's at?? I came here to get my $20

Also, hello

I hope you enjoyed that! :)

Manifisto

How Wonderful! posted:

I like smoked cheeses and I might go bite a chunk of some right now

scamorza affumicata, ciao bella!

ty nesamdoom!

Saoshyant

cruft posted:

I hope you enjoyed that! :)

You were the one who put up the ad? I had a fit of laughter when I clicked and ended up here

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i can't eat brie ever since going through the month long layoff brie spree a few years ago

ugh it's like my face just rejects it now

Twenty Four

*Drinks for like 12 straight hours, awake for twice as long and super tired, reads the byob chat thread until the end and wants to post something but doesn't have any ideas so just posts the first thing to come to mind*

Twenty Four posted:

I like cheese

*byob goes on a multi-page cheese discussion*

Prime byob, I love this place :)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

more falafel please posted:

i gotta start making paneer. we used to be able to get it at the co-op right down the street and they haven't had it in a couple months, so we haven't made mattar paneer in at least that long!

cheesy peas!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98iUmMJFF6g

Twenty Four

Twenty Four posted:

*Drinks for like 12 straight hours, awake for twice as long and super tired, reads the byob chat thread until the end and wants to post something but doesn't have any ideas so just posts the first thing to come to mind*

*byob goes on a multi-page cheese discussion*

Prime byob, I love this place :)

To make things clearer since I just woke up, so this is waking up the next day and being greeted by this. It's like Christmas morning that you never knew was coming, hiding a present under the tree for yourself that you forgot about then finding a dozen or more other presents somehow sitting next to it.

FPzero

Game Over
Return of Mido

cheese is a unifier

sig by Heather Papps!

Gramps

Man I was distracted by WORK so I couldn't focus on posting like I should and I almost missed cheesechat! gently caress a job, i swear

Anyway RE: Cheems

I love cheese. I love a real nice sharp cheddar. I love swiss cheese- especially on a ham sando or even better a Cubano. I think Muenster is my favorite sammich cheese though. I love smoked gouda. I would like to eat more out there cheeses but I'm never sure where to start with that stuff.

Recommend me some cheeses I should peep and maybe I'll treat m'self here when I hit the ol grocery this weekend. Give me an excuse to blow like 40 bucks on cheese

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Cheese is good.
I like sharp cheddar, swiss, smoked gouda, good parmesan, gloucester (double or single), and almost every other kind of cheese I've tried.

Malah

gonna fight through anxiety to make a grilled cheese for dinner by playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_S3sd5JzU

on loop. :distonk:

I don't know what we have other than plasticheese, but i'm going to try

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
plasticcheese makes for the best grilled cheese though.

slap some mayo on that poo poo and throw it in the air fryer

Manifisto

Gramps posted:

Recommend me some cheeses I should peep and maybe I'll treat m'self here when I hit the ol grocery this weekend. Give me an excuse to blow like 40 bucks on cheese

suggestion, not sure you'll be able to find it in a supermarket (depending on the supermarket): aged goat cheese, the kind the french call crottins that are small individual cheeses with a wrinkly rind.

another favorite: semi-firm sheep's milk cheeses from the pyrenees, one that is relatively easy to find in US markets is Istara Ossau-Iraty / "Petit Basque"

xcheopis

I can only eat aged cheeses nowadays, but that's ok because I love aged cheddar so much I'd marry it and then devour on our wedding night.

Finger Prince

Manifisto posted:

suggestion, not sure you'll be able to find it in a supermarket (depending on the supermarket): aged goat cheese, the kind the french call crottins that are small individual cheeses with a wrinkly rind.

another favorite: semi-firm sheep's milk cheeses from the pyrenees, one that is relatively easy to find in US markets is Istara Ossau-Iraty / "Petit Basque"

Oh yeah Petit Basque is really good cheese.
Another great cheese is compte. Whatever age is fine, they're all great, but 24mo is the sort of default.

cruft

xcheopis posted:

I can only eat aged cheeses nowadays, but that's ok because I love aged cheddar so much I'd marry it and then devour on our wedding night.

:pervert:

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

xcheopis posted:

I don't really get why anyone would bother to eat a cheese that isn't aged or smoked or blue. Might as well pack the flavor in, no point eating 5 times as much cheese for the same amount of flavor!

xcheopis

They call me the Cotswold Widow

Robot Made of Meat

roomforthetuna posted:

I don't really get why anyone would bother to eat a cheese that isn't aged or smoked or blue. Might as well pack the flavor in, no point eating 5 times as much cheese for the same amount of flavor!

I can't stand sharp cheese. Mild cheese has plenty of flavor.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

xcheopis

roomforthetuna posted:

I liked some Jack cheeses and Muenster but can't eat soft cheeses anymore. Life is hard and then suddenly your digestive track stages a rebellion and you're forced (FORCED) to assuage your sorrows with 5-year aged Canadian cheddar.

cruft

Ms cruft just got accepted to the Nurse Practitioner program! :peanut:

We both drank a whole can of Sadie's margarita to celebrate!

Twenty Four

roomforthetuna posted:

no point eating 5 times as much cheese

Well... :)

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Congrats! :yayclod:

Saoshyant

cruft posted:

Congrats, friend.

I've never had a Sadie's margarita, what's it like?

cruft

Saoshyant posted:

Congrats, friend.

I've never had a Sadie's margarita, what's it like?

It's 10% ABV and it's a whole can so it's like a fun evening for me and ms cruft, and cruft Jr has to drive us home from my dad's house.

Then everybody goes to bed at 19:30.

Finger Prince

Trip report: first batch of cream substitute with olive oil was no good. The olive oil taste was too strong. I made a second batch with safflower oil, which basically tastes of nothing, and it was perfect. I thickened it with cashew pieces.
Recipe:
1/4 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
(1:2 oil:milk ratio, whatever the amounts)
A hand full (roughly 1/3-1/2 a cup, adjust to taste and thickness) of raw cashew halves
Put in food processor or blender or whatever. I use the jar with spinny blade that came with my stick blender. Process until smooth (small cashew grits are ok but you want to get it pretty smooth)
This makes an excellent heavy cream substitute for cream sauces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I don't understand all the cheese talk so I just sketched a wheel of cheese instead