Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

ChikoDemono posted:

Pretty sure it doesn't work cross regions. I sent him an EU code

Haha yeah sorry, I'm not sure how I misread that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
Just looked over the new info for Thoth and Sopdet. I enjoy the fact that Thoth is called "Toto" in JP because they have no equivalent to the "th" sound. And Sopdet is "Sotis" for some reason. I continue to hold out hope that Hera-Sowilo will be renamed to something less stupid, like Hera-Sol. I'm really not sure what they were going for with that one.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Zeta posted:

Just looked over the new info for Thoth and Sopdet. I enjoy the fact that Thoth is called "Toto" in JP because they have no equivalent to the "th" sound. And Sopdet is "Sotis" for some reason. I continue to hold out hope that Hera-Sowilo will be renamed to something less stupid, like Hera-Sol. I'm really not sure what they were going for with that one.

The Heras are named after runes. Sowilo is the S or sun rune.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Plonk posted:

Back are the times of manually updating PADherder... NA now uses HTTPS just like the JP server, so listeners won't work anymore. Ah well.

Someone (or perhaps me if I get less lazy this weekend) can probably update padproxy.py to work with https.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Zeta posted:

The Hellenised version of Sopdet is Sothis. It's also the usual name for the divinity in French so I took me your post to realise it was a god I was already familiar with. :)

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'll run my almost 100% maxed Hermes alongside Ronia or whatever the flavor of the day is, so if people are still doing the monoblue thing... 352.743.289

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zeta posted:

Just looked at the mons (PDX), and Sopdet/Sotis/Sothis has a really nice leader skill. And Thoth's active makes him a perfect sub for a Sopdet/Sotis/Sothis team.

The only real downside is that you're pretty limited in your choice of orb-changers; can't use heartbreakers or Mystic Knights in this team. If you happen to have both Fuma and Hanzo, though, you've pretty much got it made.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DaveWoo posted:

Just looked at the mons (PDX), and Sopdet/Sotis/Sothis has a really nice leader skill. And Thoth's active makes him a perfect sub for a Sopdet/Sotis/Sothis team.

The only real downside is that you're pretty limited in your choice of orb-changers; can't use heartbreakers or Mystic Knights in this team. If you happen to have both Fuma and Hanzo, though, you've pretty much got it made.

Is this why Golden Pirates are trending right now in the survey.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

It's a good feeling when you can finally clear kotg reliably

korora
Sep 3, 2011
Speaking of clearing KotG reliably, does anybody use a Satan team? As a non-Ronia-haver that seems like the best fast farmable team and I'm only a couple Tamadra away from being ready to give it a shot. If you run Satan frequently, especially on the weekends, add me at 319,930,293 and I'll give you some pal points.

My other leaders are Freyja/Bad Isis, Shiva on Thursday, Valkyrie on Friday, and I'm working on a Parvati and a Horus.

Fenrax
Oct 9, 2012

So I decided to roll for the gala since it's the last day that it's up and got a Gryps Rider, and then decided to roll again because why not and got a Hanzo. I already had a DMeta from an earlier godfest. I'll probably just skip the next godfest entirely because there goes all my PAD luck for the next month or two.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I need to skip over those good REM results. Decided to roll. Gold egg. GOLEM. The exact same one I already had, to boot. An extra FU.

Gonna try Zeus for the first time. I have two Ronias. Did I already win?

Apze
Jul 4, 2014
I've tried rolling off and on for a Fuma Kotaro (and getting three Hanzo's along the way, pity me). Sensing that I had finally given up hope, I got him off a couple of free rolls this Ninjafest. I suppose I am all set for this new descend boss and/or Vegeta if we get the skillup dungeon in a timely fashion.

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch
at 180 days https://www.padherder.com/user/Momps

finally getting into descends want hanzo but probably not worth rolling in this non-godfest time

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What's a basic Ra team? I haven't played anything but Ronia in forever so I am now functionally retarded at anything but making pretty orange and purple rows, and I thought Ra might help me practice multi-combo teams again.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

AnonSpore posted:

What's a basic Ra team? I haven't played anything but Ronia in forever so I am now functionally retarded at anything but making pretty orange and purple rows, and I thought Ra might help me practice multi-combo teams again.

Ra needs literally every orb ever, so just use your beefiest monsters of every color, maybe stack light if you have enough Light/Sub element gods.

For a mostly farmable team, maybe Ra/Yomi/Take/L/B Izanami/Athena/Ra? Tons of light damage and every color is covered, huge HP and attack, You've got a semi-reliable Oh poo poo button with Izanami's skill and you've got Solar Lazer for high DEF enemies.

Maybe put a King Mastering in to refresh if you're board screwed?

The other option is to stack Orb Time enhances. Shiva, Yomi, Bastet, DQXQ, hell maybe even Lakshmi can be okay for it. Actually, out of all of those DQXQ is probably least useful because you don't want orb change on a Ra team.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

AnonSpore posted:

I'm assuming you have LL Ra? Regular Ra is fine with 4 heartbreakers, LL Ra wants all utility. Bastet/Yomi/Echidna/BlOdin or Orochi is my usual team of choice.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

MrPants posted:

I have a bunch of accounts kicking around if you would like one. I have 2 Shivas, an Ares, Ame No Uzme, Idunn&Idunna, Freyr, Freja. They are nothing special. Pretty much all just out of the tutorial when I ran that drat thing 200+ times to get a leader that I would enjoy playing. The Ame account has some good stuff that I can remember that came from the pal machine and 6 stones. Or if you would like, you could have my rank 20 Kushi account that has like 17 stones, a rainbow keeper, a pair of noel eggs, a dub myth a couple trifuits, a berserk and Indra. Kushi isn't amazing but you could roll 3 times on the coming godfest and hope for a better leader. All were created a long time ago so they will get to start with 2000 pal points from the downtime which is something.

If this is still available and for android I wouldn't mind taking the I&I and or kushi accounts for my girlfriend and tablet.

Let me know at draconus_33@hotmail.com. I don't have pms here yet

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Fenrax posted:

So I decided to roll for the gala since it's the last day that it's up and got a Gryps Rider, and then decided to roll again because why not and got a Hanzo. I already had a DMeta from an earlier godfest. I'll probably just skip the next godfest entirely because there goes all my PAD luck for the next month or two.

I loving hate you.

GrahamBLY
Aug 3, 2006
Better Luck Yesterday
Do you guys really still think I shouldn't new busty and snowglobe I&I?
I really want to.
https://www.padherder.com/user/grahambly/

Apze
Jul 4, 2014

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Ra needs literally every orb ever, so just use your beefiest monsters of every color, maybe stack light if you have enough Light/Sub element gods.

For a mostly farmable team, maybe Ra/Yomi/Take/L/B Izanami/Athena/Ra? Tons of light damage and every color is covered, huge HP and attack, You've got a semi-reliable Oh poo poo button with Izanami's skill and you've got Solar Lazer for high DEF enemies.

Maybe put a King Mastering in to refresh if you're board screwed?

The other option is to stack Orb Time enhances. Shiva, Yomi, Bastet, DQXQ, hell maybe even Lakshmi can be okay for it. Actually, out of all of those DQXQ is probably least useful because you don't want orb change on a Ra team.

The "beefiest monsters of every color" strategy gets my vote. I generally just roll with RGB Odins + Yomi, even for some of the more difficult descends it's 100% based on whether or not I can match correctly. A side benefit of that is if you kill a round or two you can get Yomi up even on a 5-floor. If I had to go with a pure farmable team, I'd probably try something like King Mastering, Echidna, Hera-is, and maybe even something like Lilith for the move time + decent recovery.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

So 6.5.2 didn't add the three auto heal awakenings for GrOdin? Does JP already have them or not yet?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
The three autoheals are on the busty only

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

The three autoheals are on the busty only

Ah, didn't realize there was a busty for him. Cool, so the busty is out in JP and will be added to NA later. Hopefully soon.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

LeninVS posted:

If this is still available and for android I wouldn't mind taking the I&I and or kushi accounts for my girlfriend and tablet.

Let me know at draconus_33@hotmail.com. I don't have pms here yet

I sent them over. Have fun.

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

What do you mean it's not done!?
Spirit Jewels event announced on FB
https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/the-spirit-jewels/874075572621036?fref=nf

quote:

[Duration]: 7/11 (Fri) 12:00 AM - 7/25 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)

A special event is coming to Puzzle & Dragons! During the event, the Five Element Gods (Kirin of the Aurora, Sakuya and Heavenly Guide Suzaku, Leilan) will have a rare chance of appearing in the Legend and Mythical difficulties of Descended Dungeons!

When these Five Element Gods are defeated, they will drop the Evo Materials required for the Ultimate Evolutions added in the Ver.6.5 Update. Kouryu the Star Emperor, Fagan and Archdemon Beelzebub utilize the Spirit Jewels to their fullest, with powerful new forms!

*Dungeons without Legend or Mythical Floors are excluded from this event.

Five Element Gods will appear one type per day during the event. The Evo Material also drops at one type per day, so players must conquer the daily rotation of Descended Dungeons to collect all the materials.

Challenge these high-difficulty Floors to acquire rare monsters!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Oh well, there goes all my stamina for two weeks (or at least as much as I need to get the green and yellow orbs for Athena).

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

trucutru posted:

Oh well, there goes all my stamina for two weeks (or at least as much as I need to get the green and yellow orbs for Athena).

My goal is to get a full set for Beelzebub and a second green and light for Athena. I wanted to waste all my stamina on descends anyway. Orb collecting just gives me extra incentive. Both of those evos are so good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just looked up Athena's and holy poo poo that's a nice boost in stats and awakenings. May have to work on getting the eve mats for her (already max leveled her). Beelz doesn't look bad at all either but 5M XP curve on dark kinda sucks considering all the other dark I need to already work on.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Ugh... need event bonuses so bad. I have so many toytops and drall skillups that I need to feed away. I can't wait for double drops tomorrow, wish PAL had evo mats sooner than later, but I can't really complain, already have 20 pulls saved up for it.

Also, anybody here running Blonia? I am hoping to evo her tomorrow and feed her some Tama's but I don't think I have very many Blonia friends.

bengy SA 311096224

SumYungGai
Aug 5, 2000

GrahamBLY posted:

Do you guys really still think I shouldn't new busty and snowglobe I&I?
I really want to.
https://www.padherder.com/user/grahambly/

I'm planning on switching my I&I over as soon at I can get the blue mask. I really wish they were still mono-blue leaders, but I'll still take the upgrade. The boost to HP will be nice for healers.

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

Looks like EU is getting 3x special, Zhuge Liang at 1x rate:

Puzzle & Dragons Europe posted:

Our Welcome Party Godfest features the Five Elements and Series 1 Greco-Roman Gods! We're also welcoming the arrival of new Godfest Exclusive character Zhuge Liang! As always, this is a great opportunity to use those free Magic Stones we've been giving out!

Please note that the new Zhuge Liang will be appearing in the Rare Egg Machine at introductory non-Godfest (1x) rates. The other featured Gods and Exclusives will be appearing in the Rare Egg Machine at the normal 3x Godfest rates as usual.

We’ve also included their evolved forms as well. That means twice as many Gods have a chance to appear! This Godfest lasts 24 hours, so don't miss out!

Full list follows:

Five Elements:
- Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
- Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
- Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
- Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
- Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

Series 1 Greco-Roman Gods:
- Minerva
- Neptune
- Ceres
- Venus
- Hades

Guan Yu, Sonia, Metatron, and Odin will also be included.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

First of all, gently caress EU getting specials before us. Second, I was pumped about the spirts, but god drat did I forget how hard zeus is. I cleared it with 4 stones a year ago, and still don't think I can 0 stone it. Adding a Horus and Ra fixed most decendeds, but not the King.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Who or what is the pair of units on the bottom?

Zhuge Liang

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm planning on hitting Zeus with something like:

Satan/Persephone/LuBu/Vamp/Echidna

May switch Satan and LuBu and try pairing up with Ronia if no one uses Satan but I imagine that would not work

(please use max-awoken Satans tomorrow)

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

First of all, gently caress EU getting specials before us. Second, I was pumped about the spirts, but god drat did I forget how hard zeus is. I cleared it with 4 stones a year ago, and still don't think I can 0 stone it. Adding a Horus and Ra fixed most decendeds, but not the King.

EU made some replies, apparently 3x special has been on all along.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

+297'd my first mon today, feels good man :toot:

If anyone needs a swole as heck 24/7 Kirin, add me 374785238. For farming leads I run fully awoken AA Meta and I'm working on an Ame No Uzume team as well, so I'd like other AA Metas, Valks, Ulti I&I, Uzumes, and R/D Shivas.

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm planning on hitting Zeus with something like:

Satan/Persephone/LuBu/Vamp/Echidna

May switch Satan and LuBu and try pairing up with Ronia if no one uses Satan but I imagine that would not work

(please use max-awoken Satans tomorrow)

I've got a max awakened satan I'll keep up as my 2nd leader along with max lvl ronia tomorrow (70ish lvl though)
339-984-293 if you need one to use

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
I'm a month into PAD currently, and run my initial-REM roll Bastet as leader:

https://www.padherder.com/user/hugs

Where to from here? Progress-wise, I:
- Don't seem to be able to finish King of the Underworld ([N] Tomb of the Saint-Deep), the boss' attack is a 1hit KO for me.
- Am up to roughly [T]Shrine of Green Water .
- Have done most novice/int/master [S] dungeons where possible (haven't completed any minimum-cost or No-RCV ones yet though)

My normal team has all elements (it's there in my pad profile) just because it made sense at the time - I'm wondering if the composition is rubbish given my permanent Bastet leader, or if I just need to grind longer, or both! The monsters I have at max level that haven't been evo'd yet are due to a lack of materials; that's my current aim.

Any advice on teambuilding (or in general) would be great - and if any of you (read: whales) have spots on your lists then I'm 359,222,306 (thankyou already to Kalas, Fricken, Chiko and beeboy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

buildmorefarms posted:

I'm a month into PAD currently, and run my initial-REM roll Bastet as leader:

https://www.padherder.com/user/hugs

Where to from here? Progress-wise, I:
- Don't seem to be able to finish King of the Underworld ([N] Tomb of the Saint-Deep), the boss' attack is a 1hit KO for me.
- Am up to roughly [T]Shrine of Green Water .
- Have done most novice/int/master [S] dungeons where possible (haven't completed any minimum-cost or No-RCV ones yet though)

My normal team has all elements (it's there in my pad profile) just because it made sense at the time - I'm wondering if the composition is rubbish given my permanent Bastet leader, or if I just need to grind longer, or both! The monsters I have at max level that haven't been evo'd yet are due to a lack of materials; that's my current aim.

Any advice on teambuilding (or in general) would be great - and if any of you (read: whales) have spots on your lists then I'm 359,222,306 (thankyou already to Kalas, Fricken, Chiko and beeboy).

First off, have you rolled at all on the REM and just had awful luck? If not using some of the stones that you should have built up by now during the next godfest might not be a bad idea. Your team is fine for what you have available, what friend leaders are you using? If you use DQ/XQ with the team you listed you *should* be able to do enough damage to beat King of the Underworld before he kills you.

• Locked thread