Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Slamhound posted:

How many Old Money presidents have there been?

Bill Clinton can get into any country club, any party, and any back room. He can also stop any plane from leaving the ground when he wants to talk to a specific person on the plane. He was basically southern trailer trash when he was coming up.

That is what a fast track to old money benefits with a successful political career looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
is spacechem art

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

If you would like to avoid posting a new thread you can just post in mine to make it the most popular and thus make me king of CSPAM

Rather just do that so you can Make C-Spam Great Again Also!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Baloogan posted:

videogames are absolutely art

realtalk they are the future, just like communism

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Baloogan posted:

videogames are absolutely art

lmabo shut up u nerd no way

Majora's Mask is the peak of art in video games btw

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It is funny that the furthest thing from traditional art - video games - is almost certainly art, yet visual novel games which are closest to traditional novels are pap

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
whats the difference between pap and art

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Princess Di posted:

Thanks for reminding us. How we do solve the fake news problem and solve illiteracy in America? That is what is bothering me in terms of other people's reality right now.

Why contain it? Let it spill over the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

deadgoon posted:

lol champion of lowbrow epic high five reveals his elitism!!!

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

rear end cobra posted:

Maybe somebody should do something so that Donald J Trump isn't president of the United States in six days?

Literally, it's hilarious you said that. However, nothing matters, so no, no one will lift a finger to prevent a Trump presidency.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

deadgoon posted:

is spacechem art

yes and i litereally just bought 2 copies of the shinzen IO soundtrack

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

lmabo shut up u nerd no way

Majora's Mask is the peak of art in video games btw

feels relevant doesnt it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what is art?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

deadgoon posted:

Visual novels that are good get upgraded to more traditional forms like movies or series, thus the leftover is pap. Games are their own thing with less clear delineations, meaning that the pap is mixed in and thus people yell a lot more about it

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Baloogan posted:

Why contain it? Let it spill over the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.

s'cool

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zas posted:

feels relevant doesnt it

its the one game where you can actually say "Kafkaesque" and its the correct usage of Kafkaesque

cos people abuse that word for some reason

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I dare you to play thru Final Fantasy 7 as an adult and tell me that story of horror and sadness and an endless series of doors that open into deeper and deeper despair and agony at being the cause of the end of the world that you thought you were fighting against a villain you will never actually understand and may actually be you and tell me that that isn't art

Most games aren't tho. Crayon Physics is and so is 2016 Doom but not anime catgirl games

and at it's core it's a story about a dude pretending to be cool to impress a girl with huge jugs

makes u think

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also dumb seriouspost: video games can be art but trying to put the "art" part before the "game" part almost always leads to terrible farts

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

and at it's core it's a story about a dude pretending to be cool to impress a girl with huge jugs

makes u think

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

its the one game where you can actually say "Kafkaesque" and its the correct usage of Kafkaesque

cos people abuse that word for some reason

Like how "Orwellian" means "forward will contain a shitload of spoilers so read it last"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

I dare you to play thru Final Fantasy 7 as an adult and tell me that story of horror and sadness and an endless series of doors that open into deeper and deeper despair and agony at being the cause of the end of the world that you thought you were fighting against a villain you will never actually understand and may actually be you and tell me that that isn't art

Most games aren't tho. Crayon Physics is and so is 2016 Doom but not anime catgirl games

my reg date may or may not have something to do with it :ssh: looking forward to the 20th anniversary :sun:

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Wikkheiser posted:

when i'm 60, i will be a loremaster who scours the badlands for lost artifacts of the past. technology, language, history ... all lost during the dark years.

while searching in the woods during a post-atomic blizzard, i'll come across a long dormant cabin. upon entering and shining my torch through the dust, i'll see rubbish, empty mountain dew bottles, japanese cartoon media disks, and antique ... sewer inspection gear.

then i'll turn to a skeleton sitting alone by an ancient terminal with a dead screen. people once used these to communicate, i had read. the skull's mouth was affixed open ... he died cackling. atop the dome sat a faded red cap with four words.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Baloogan: Fallen during sedition. Forced to die of starvation in the woods.

Baloogan's reaction to his sentence: Endless cackling as well as adorable curse words for Trump.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the unique art of video games is in like the mechanics and controls sort o flike how the unique art of film is in the cutting and editing.

that doesnt mean thats all there is to it but its important imo

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

Visual novels that are good get upgraded to more traditional forms like movies or series, thus the leftover is pap. Games are their own thing with less clear delineations, meaning that the pap is mixed in and thus people yell a lot more about it

actually, the free market can not tell you what is good and what is band

only the effort you put into reading can do that

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Wikkheiser posted:

when i'm 60, i will be a loremaster who scours the badlands for lost artifacts of the past. technology, language, history ... all lost during the dark years.

while searching in the woods during a post-atomic blizzard, i'll come across a long dormant cabin. upon entering and shining my torch through the dust, i'll see rubbish, empty mountain dew bottles, japanese cartoon media disks, and antique ... sewer inspection gear.

then i'll turn to a skeleton sitting alone by an ancient terminal with a dead screen. people once used these to communicate, i had read. the skull's mouth was affixed open ... he died cackling. atop the dome sat a faded red cap with four words.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

lolol i missed this first time around hahahahaha

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

someone taped Trump's inauguration address rehearsal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmbyWGCwX90

it's a "dry run" as it were, there will be far more piss on the actual day.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
is video game journalism art

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Crusader posted:

serious post america is careening into unstable/failed state territory so yeah an actual coup probably is becoming more realistic daily

Reality seeps in...

Can I be as smart as you? During a Trump presidency it will become absolutely necessary. I have a husband so it's important that I be smarter than usual. I can't let Trump keep the love from from giving us joy. I'm going to have to grow up and very very fast.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My dream is to be the modern equivalent of that pope who was exhumed just to be put on trial and re-executed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I just started reading Give Us the Ballot and it's going to make me loving furious 24/7 isn't it

Well, more mad I mean

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

also dumb seriouspost: video games can be art but trying to put the "art" part before the "game" part almost always leads to terrible farts
Yeah, it's a bad idea to force the issue on the "art" aspect.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bastion and Transistor tried too hard and were bad

Limbo just tried to be simple and beautiful and succeded and was great and I'd call it art. Certainly while playing it I felt in the same mental mindframe as I am when I am trying to absorb the context and composition of some paintings

It is tough tho. I'd never tell someone they are wrong for believing something is art, but I'd certainly tell them why I disagreed

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bloodborne is art

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Bastion and Transistor tried too hard and were bad

Limbo just tried to be simple and beautiful and succeded and was great and I'd call it art. Certainly while playing it I felt in the same mental mindframe as I am when I am trying to absorb the context and composition of some paintings

It is tough tho. I'd never tell someone they are wrong for believing something is art, but I'd certainly tell them why I disagreed

Actually, I feel the reverse. Bastion and Transistor are good, Limbo's maudlin.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stardew Valley is not art, but meditation

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nichael posted:

Actually, I feel the reverse. Bastion and Transistor are good, Limbo's maudlin.

I can respect that

I only got as far in Bastion as I did because I muted my speakers

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
EFG just hates the Bastion narrator

[Bastion Narratorishly] Oh snap..the Trump thread just took a detour....will we find our way back to our eternal pissdom? Hero might make it...might not. Doesn't look so good right now.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I only got as far as I did in Bastion because the soundtrack is loving awesome. Along with pretty much every other aspect of the game. I still listen to the soundtrack though.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Princess Di posted:

Reality seeps in...

Can I be as smart as you? During a Trump presidency it will become absolutely necessary. I have a husband so it's important that I be smarter than usual. I can't let Trump keep the love from from giving us joy. I'm going to have to grow up and very very fast.

im hella dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Weeping Wound posted:

begrudgingly getting in line for President Trump's Wild Piss Ride for the day this one ends

edit jeez four in a night

Hopefully, they will use the lube on you. I'm pretty sure they won't on me.

deadgoon posted:

loving lol at everyone who thought history had ended in the 90s

Good job! Remind us that every generation is flawed, including our own. True, yet painful.

Baloogan posted:

we went from like 0.0000000000000000000001% chance of coup to 0.1% chance. Generals and poo poo know and love america enough to realize holy gently caress trying to govern america is an insane proposition.

America is a country where the craziest people have the most guns.

You. Wow. You are literally smarter than most people on this forum are capable of recognizing. I'm on it though; I will eventually figure you out.

Tingfinder posted:

Given how tense the international political situation is, it is complete lunacy that an ignorant child such as Trump was elected. I can't believe the electoral college is not catching more flak for going against the popular vote.

Anyway, watch the far-right lead the complete descent into fascism, as everyone is distracted by a constant stream of scandals by Trump.

Rest in piss in pisses, US.

So uncomfortably true!

• Locked thread