Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:lol:

Yeah, a chance to ruin her chance for happiness! :argh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

They're gonna be making out a lot over the next long while.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Either Sunday Artist has been unable to depict Robbie, or he has fallen out of the helicopter during the fight.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Why does he dodge the bullets, but stand still when they throw the gun?

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Why does he dodge the bullets, but stand still when they throw the gun?

He's just doing the inverse Superman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3DnAgyQoAk

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think throwing the hostage, knowing that Spidey can save him but at least you'll get to escape, is the first smart thing in this whole arc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love how Robbie just looks kinda irritated with this whole thing, probably because he knows it is Spider-Man's fault for letting it get to this point for no good reason.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

I think throwing the hostage, knowing that Spidey can save him but at least you'll get to escape, is the first smart thing in this whole arc.

Later, at Robbie's funeral, Peter suddenly thinks "wait, I have web-spinners, I could have saved him"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Later, at Robbie's funeral, Peter suddenly thinks "wait, I have web-spinners, I could have saved him"

Yeesh, That's pretty morbid! Robbie is going to be fine, they are barely flying above roof height. See, he's is about to land on that-

:stare:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Ikasuhito posted:

Yeesh, That's pretty morbid! Robbie is going to be fine, they are barely flying above roof height. See, he's is about to land on that-

:lmao:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ikasuhito posted:

Holy poo poo lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

loving amazing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ikasuhito posted:

Jesus Christ :lol:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Always love when Peter just backhands someone off their feet. RIP Paul Reubnes

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's going to be really awkward in a few strips when they ask Judge Hugo "Hippo" Spencer to do the wedding

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sorry, but yesterday turned out to be a busy day, but now you get the exciting conclusion to the Hammerhand story!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Not sure who Hammerhand thought was flying the chopper while he was punching Spidey. This is the kind of criminal mastermind who risks it all for one million.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Headcanon, this chilling tale spread out to all would-be crime lords and that's why years later Fisk and Golden Claw had jetpacks ready for their own helicopter/spiderman adventure.

Pete: MJ! I was being blackmailed
Mk: I know, honey, I'm... I'm just glad you remembered you could punch him once, web him, and take him to the authorities.
Pete: ...huh

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 5, 2023

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Seems like a falling crime lord easier easier to catch than a falling helicopter, given that hedidn't catch either.

And Pete's strong enough to hold Robbie with his legs, web up Hammerhand with one hand, and spin a web chute or trampoline or airbag or something with the other.

But that's not what Heroes do.

It occurs to me I've never seen Spider-Man use his ability to stick things to his feet to hold onto people.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

maltesh posted:

It occurs to me I've never seen Spider-Man use his ability to stick things to his feet to hold onto people.

He never remembers he can do that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know he didn't push Hammerhand out of the copter or anything but... uhh... yeah, he just let that dude die. Even cracked a joke over his corpse :stare:

What a hosed up story start-to-finish.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It seems pretty rare for anyone, even a villain, to actually die in this strip. I can't off-hand think of any others, although I'm sure there must be.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Well, the important thing is that no one thinks he was involved in that fake charity scam.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
eh, hammerhand will be fine when he's done hibernating.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Well, the important thing is that no one thinks he was involved in that fake charity scam.

If only there had been a way to make that clear. Like, you know, doing literally ANYTHING other than what he did?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's rare, but sometimes Peter is just a cold violence machine and the comic keeps us on our toes when choosing when to remind us.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Qwertycoatl posted:

It seems pretty rare for anyone, even a villain, to actually die in this strip. I can't off-hand think of any others, although I'm sure there must be.

Earlier in the thread, there's another sequence of strips (from the late 70s?) where a disfigured model is trying to blackmail Spider-Man, if I recall correctly.

She winds up charging him with a knife while he's standing in front of a window. He dodges aside, she goes out the window and falls to her death. But at least he feels bad about it.

Correction: He does try to save her, he's just out of web-fluid in the webshooter he tries to use.

Edit: Oh, and the werewolf storyline that we went through a few months back. That guy died of old age or werewolf juice or planetarium exposure or NYPD or something.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 6, 2023

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I think there is also a guy who falls off a cliff after tripping over a tripod. But I don't think we've seen that arc yet.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ikasuhito posted:

I think there is also a guy who falls off a cliff after tripping over a tripod. But I don't think we've seen that arc yet.

Is that the "In some nutty way, I win" one?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
There was a fairly disturbing set of panels (for this comic) where Spidey had webbed up a lady villain's gun barrel, she tried to fire it anyway and it exploded (off panel) in her face, killing her.

...and then Spidey and the other characters just talk about how everything's sorted while the dead woman's legs still poke in from a corner of the panel.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is that the "In some nutty way, I win" one?

That's Wolverine v Sabertooth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I remember the cliff one lol.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jjj: they were working together!
Robbie: haha he killed the crime guy
JJJ: he faked his partner's death!
Robbie: guy fell over a hundred feet, then a helicopter landed on him and exploded. I think his liver landed next to me.
JJJ: had a fallout?
Robbie: he kept loudly explaining to me, the police witnesses and spiderman how spiderman was only doing this and one previous failed crime due to blackmail.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Robbie: He had a photo of Spider-Man standing in a room, and threatened to send us a copy so we'd make a front page headline accusing him of being involved in a charity scam.
JJJ: When was this?
Robbie: Tuesday. The day before we had that frontpage headline accusing him of being involved in a charity scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Also two days prior to being shown the photo of him standing in an empty room, The Bugle published a series of photos of him performing for the same charity scam, which is much more damning, and also MJ took the photos