Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. Humalong posted:

The ghost of longwinded posting grabbed me and would not let go.

I came home from work last night to find my cat dead so I’m not in the greatest of moods today but I’ll switch my vote to AA closer to deadline to avoid a NL. I don’t know if there’s much more discussion to be had today, though.

It was a good post! I am so very sorry to hear about your cat. I dread the day that happens for me. I know I'll be devastated.

Ok, so yuming. Focusing on votes:

Nat20 for the vig
Solus for a ~feeling~
:siren:If you read nothing else in this post read this part DB, who she threw a vote at for having an anti-town role. She goes from posting this

yuming posted:

[*]Anon I think looks bad mostly for a lack of interest in scumhunting. I can see agreeing with me as either alignment but the lack of response and weak defense overall read more scum than town to me. Anon, come back and post more please! Worth noting that I have a personal bias here in that I was looking forward to playing together.

[*]Dick Bastardly claimed in his first post which I think is good form and leaves me more likely willing to leave him alone. idk, this is obviously a crazy game we probably don't want him at endgame but I am not interested in killing based on roles right away because I would rather focus on behavior.

She says that she would rather focus on killing for behavior rather than roles, and that ANarc's behavior makes her look bad. Two hours later, as soon as Anarc got to -4, she votes DB explicitly because his role is negative to the town. A quick change of an opinion to help push the vote away from a now-flipped scum she made excuses to not vote for multiple days. :siren:

Next vote is for sos.

Then she votes me, citing sos's post about me and calling me out for repeating the party line, which I've already gotten back to and pointed out that it's window dressing so she doesn't have to say "this is a lurker case".

Vote Huma for being a 3p

Back to me.

Sal for his fake claim

Then a vote for me for my play around Anarc, lack of curiosity, and hammers.

Nine votes. Three for me which come down to she thinks my pursuit of Anarc was bussing and I have lurked, 1 for humalong for being 3p, 1 for Sal for a fake claim, 1 for for sos for being caught out by hal's victory, 1 for DB for his role (after saying she didn't want to vote based on roles), 1 for Solus for a feeling, 1 for Nat20 for the vig.

Humalong says about yuming "She’s done a lot of compiling by which she gathers up everyone else’s reads and legwork to make herself appear helpful without actually having to make any reads herself", and if you read her post history you see that in a big way. She goes from, at the beginning of the game, being involved and on the front foot, to here at the end of the game being more settled in and just making these lists and keeping track of things.

I believe she is a werewolf. She continued to find excuses to not vote AnarcSoda and, very likely, saved Anarc to begin with by changing an opinion after 2 hours old and pushing on another target when it looked like Anarc might be in real danger. Her change in play style makes sense from the perspective of "I am on a team that is approaching endgame without having lost a member yet".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Yuming def wolf.

Aa prior, either wolf or sk.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

I came home from work last night to find my cat dead so I’m not in the greatest of moods today but I’ll switch my vote to AA closer to deadline to avoid a NL. I don’t know if there’s much more discussion to be had today, though.

:ghost: Well poo poo... Sorry to hear that :ghost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

Went through that towards the end of last year, sorry to hear that, Hum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Thanks guys, he was always an indoor-outdoor cat (when I found him he was eating a pancake he pulled out of a dumpster, and after I took him in he would scratch the poo poo out of the furniture if you didn't let him out for a few hours) and he was somewhere between 9 and 12 years old so he had a pretty long life for an outdoor cat. It just sucked that I wasn't there for my little buddy in his last moments.

Anyway, the votes tell me everyone thinks AA is a bigger priority than yuming so ##vote AA. For what it's worth AA, I believe that you're a village fanatic. But the majority can't win with you :(

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without Anomalous Amalgam!

Votecount for Day 8

Anomalous Amalgam (4): Natural 20, Anomalous Amalgam, chaoslord, Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious, Mr. Humalong
chaoslord (2): yuming, Anomalous Amalgam
yuming (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 26th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 34 minutes.

In order to avoid susceptibility to the lurker lynch for Day 9, you must have 37 in-game posts by the end of Day 8!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:ghost: good luck villagers! :ghost:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

:siren: Anomalous Amalgam, Village (Fanatic) Crusader, has been slain! :siren:

Crusader Role PM posted:

Anomalous Amalgam, you are the Crusader! Each even-numbered night, you may choose a player to kill by filling in the appropriate portion of your character sheet. You may know this role better as an even-night vigilante. You are a Fanatic member of the village, and you win when all non-village players have been eliminated!

Night 8 begins now, with a rough action submission deadline of 8:00 PM EDT, Monday. If all actions are in, I'll process them before that.

Please remember to submit all actions using your character sheet!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

:siren: Natural 20, Military Pilot, has been killed! :siren:

Pilot Role PM posted:

Natural 20, you are the Pilot! Once per game, during the day, you may post “##BOMB: [Player X]” in the thread to end the day and force-lynch [Player X]. While this ability has not been used, you are unlynchable. You are a member of the military, and you win when all threats to the military have been eliminated!

:siren: Asphyxious, Werewolf Wolfwere, has been killed! :siren:

Wolfwere Role PM posted:

Asphyxious, you are the Wolfwere! You are a scientist, and you may test another 2 players at night through filling in the appropriate portions of your character sheet, thereby learning if they have the same wincondition, as long as your action does not Fail. You do not know the identity of the other members of the Werewolf team, but they know yours. If you are targeted by the Werewolves for a kill, you will instead join them. You will appear as Werewolf to any alignment investigative role, regardless of recruitment status. You are a member of the Werewolves, and you win when the Werewolves control the vote!

Day 9 begins as soon as I update votefinder, ending at 10:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, August 28.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 9

Not Voting (3): chaoslord, Mr. Humalong, yuming

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 28th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

In order to avoid susceptibility to the lurker lynch for Day 10, you must have 43 in-game posts by the end of Day 9!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

huma are you around?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

chaoslord posted:

huma are you around?

yes

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

chaoslord posted:

huma are you around?

turbo yuming so we can win?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. Humalong posted:

turbo yuming so we can win?

In if you are

##vote yuming

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote yuming

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye yuming!

Votecount for Day 9

yuming (2): chaoslord, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (1): yuming

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 28th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

In order to avoid susceptibility to the lurker lynch for Day 10, you must have 43 in-game posts by the end of Day 9!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:siren: yuming, Town Lonely Doctor, has been killed! :siren:

Lonely Doctor Role PM posted:

yuming, you are the Lonely Doctor! Each night you may protect a player by filling in the appropriate portion of your character sheet, which will protect them from potential death. Furthermore: You will become lovers, meaning you will die if they die and vice versa — and masons, meaning you will be able to speak with them at all times in a private chat — with the first non-you person you visit. You may self-protect. You are a member of the town, and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!

Night 9 begins now, with a rough action submission deadline of [Who Cares?]. If all actions are in, I'll process them.

Please remember to submit all actions using your character sheet!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:aaa: No one died! :aaa:

Day 10 begins now, and will end NOW.

There is an automatic no-lynch, to speed things up, and day has ended. Please submit your night 10 actions. And night 11 actions. And so on.

Fill out the remainder of your actions on your sheets, in accelerated time, and we'll see whether or not this is a draw.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:f5:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:gonk:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

On Night 15:

:siren: Mr. Humalong, Alien Alien Mother, has died! :siren:

Alien Mother Role PM posted:

Mr. Humalong, you are the Alien Mother! When you carry out a kill, choose either ninja, juggernaut, or bulletproof: you become such for the duration of the night. You are a member of the Aliens, and you win when the Aliens control the vote! You know that soscannonballs is on your side, and you may recruit them into Alienchat by “killing” them. You have a factional kill, and have the highest priority in using it.

Meaning, as Chaoslord, Werewolf Shadowskin, is the sole survivor:

Shadowskin Role PM posted:

Chaoslord, you are the Shadowskin! At night, you may jail another player, roleblocking them and making them untargetable by any other player, by filling in the appropriate part of your character sheet. For every 4 players jailed, you obtain a oneshot self-redirect, allowing you to force a player’s action to target themselves. You are a Usurper member of the Werewolves, and you win when the Werewolves control the vote and the Pack Leader has died or lost a life! You know that Asphyxious is on your side, and you may recruit them into Werewolfchat by “killing” them. You have a factional kill, and have the lowest priority in using it.

:toot: Chaoslord has won! :toot:
:toot: Atomic Soda has won! :toot:
:toot: Asphyxious has won! :toot:

Jen X fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 27, 2018

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I only had 7 discs to make myself BP

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yay nice job clord. Go wolfies! Thanks AS for stepping in for me and sorry to GX and everyone else for not being engaged and replacing out. This setup was super interesting and I wish I would have just specced from the start.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
haha

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

Yuming def wolf.

Aa prior, either wolf or sk.

:cawg:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Natural 20 posted:

Anyway, Chaoslord probs town.

Huma/Yuming probs alien/werewolf scum.

Gaspy town.

AA probs werewolf scum.

womp womp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AA you did great, unfortunately the military was already working with the wolves by that point :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good game everyone.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

womp womp

He had ONE thing correct in that post at least!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You fukr you beat me to it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

There was a lot of "Right But For The Wrong Reasons" and this may be the first time it's ever frustrated me, ha.

The case I made against Anarc/Soda is 100% the case I would have made as a town players. My question to sos and others were genuine because although I knew about the Werewolves I didn't know what else was going on in the game and I really wanted to know. So yuming kept reading things wrongly but coming to the right conclusion and I just wanted to scream haha.

Like seriously:

yuming posted:

I am going to go ahead and ##vote chaoslord

His posts stand out as I'm rereading with the flips in mind with the same reason I gave yesterday (thanks sos!)

Repeating the party line and only commenting on what's already going on.

chaoslord posted:

Right? Survivor, ok, 3p. Miller, huh, that's a bit weird, especially given there's already another miller but ok. Has a kill and absorbs alignment?

So we have a miller vig and a survivor miller alignment absorber. Did these roles get generated by a markov chain or something?

This post reads like someone who knows there are traitor roles in the game ~fake content~

yuming correctly nailed me as a traitor even though that is a post that town chaoslord makes

e: I guess the takeaway is that "town chaoslord" posts very scummily, which, fair.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also no fooling I really was working 12-16 hour days most of this game, my lurking was 100% because I'd get back to the hotel and go "I don't have it in me to mafia right now, maybe tomorrow will go better"

Big reason I'm changing jobs in two weeks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was so waiting for people to discuss the werewolf usurper on the day AA got lynched, but nobody seemed to really bring it up.

Like, the case against ANarc while it might have been genuine, it should have also caused people to look at it as a bus given the 2 usurper roles that had flipped for the other 2 factions.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Game Resources:

Observerchat (all links to other related servers can be found pinned.)

Master Google Sheet

Setup Document

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I'll post thoughts on the game later, since there's a lot to unpack, but for now, congratulations to the Werewolves!

(And Hal, of course.)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I felt letting the other team win was better than a draw.

But I killed you twice, fukker

e: lol just kidding I read your flip wow just wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. Humalong posted:

I felt letting the other team win was better than a draw.

But I killed you twice, fukker

e: lol just kidding I read your flip wow just wow

:sun:

• Locked thread