Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Are you British Cloner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I certainly am! I live in London

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

lol you’re good I value your thought processes I think they’ve been solid and it’s part of why I think you’re so town. I keep going back and forth on whether I want to push it to RNG today. It’s probably not Steak, I agree, but if it is steak, it’d suck to lose this game to him.

But yeah it’s probably Cloner

Possibly. It's also possible it's you, and you need to keep the RNG in play to get you to end game.

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Care to explain how you came to that conclusion, sand?

So the fun is, if Sand is town, he is probably legitimately going back and forth on who of the other three of us is the last scum, but if he's the last scum, he needs to make me think he thinks it's you, while also being unsure enough to give himself an out to reverse himself and side with you that it's me. Then if scum-Sand makes it to three man lylo he can side with either of us against the other and win.

I'm still not sure why both of you decided steak was your scum pick today, though. You both wanted me out next yesterday.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alright, SiV, you’ve now succcessfully talked yourself into thinking Grandi and Sal are town again. I guess I will self hammer if I fuckin’ must but BOY SiV you need to learn to trust your gut more! And if it’s steak I’m now holding you accountable for refusing to consider it all game!

Cloner is there any way I can ask you to hammer me? this is just personal principle but I’ve not self-voted or self-hammered in a long time

(Also Cloner, you’re Angelwolf right? As soon as this game is over I’m gonna bug you and Akarshi to play another game with me y’all are treasures.)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll give it another half hour but let’s get this over with today

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I’ll give it another half hour but let’s get this over with today

I just pinged to see if steak's around.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@DBD get that T-Bone kill flavor ready! I want this to be fast

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Im Angelwolf, yep, and would love to play with you all again. It was good to be in a masonry together with Akarshi, he's a great guy, and if love to play more with him, too!

Sand, if this is your last dying wish then I guess I'll do it, but I'm not exactly joyful about possibly losing the biggest town read I have in this little old group of 4 (assuming you're going to flip town)

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
(I'm awaiting final confirmation that this is definitely what you want and not something you just decided to rush)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sigh yeah I don’t think SiV will be able to move forward until I’m flipped so unfortunately I think this is what must be. They are going to rush you next, Cloner, so I would understand if you don’t want to bring that upon yourself, and I can self hammer

You’re a loving rad guy though

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Screw it, best of luck everyone, hope Steak doesn’t blow this game off for the rest of the day and at least comes in to let my anxiety settle

##vote Sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

:redhammer:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
:redhammer:

Final Votecount for Day 9

Sandwolf (3): Mr. Steak, spacing in vienna, Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (1): Sandwolf, Cloner of the Elks, Sandwolf

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 18th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Steak was on the menu tonight, and I don't mean Mr. Steak. Unfortunately, T-Bone, Sand, was just too much of a wildcard to be left alive at this stage.

At this point in the game, there was a case for everyone and nobody could be trusted.

Sand decided to do the honorable thing and hammer himself to attempt to make it easy.

Had scum just given up?

Will it actually become lylo?

Sandwolf - (T-Bone) - (Town Villager) has been kicked off the island D9.

It is now D10. You can officially challenge another team whenever, but make sure you put some thought into it!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

:zombie:
:zombie:

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Was fun playing with y'all, not long until I'm turbo'd I guess so let's give 'em what they came for

##challenge siv and steak

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
##vote steak

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Right. Today has sucked.

Sorry, Sand. I thought you were playing a hell of a scum game there at the end, if that helps any, but I doubt it does.

How about this? I'm actually going to listen to you.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not the scum, or I would just hammer steak and do a victory dance. I kind of wish I was. I would know what was going on.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I have been stressing out about this game like crazy, and waiting for something to happen, and right now, eff this, I'm logging off for a bit.

Steak, convince me it's Cloner? I have trusted you this whole game, I've even been answering questions for you near the end, I think I'm entitled to you putting a little effort in, please.

You bet me that it was Cloner, not Sand, yesterday, and I want to know why, because otherwise that's a safe bet if you know Sand is already town.

What I hate most in lylo is typing this poo poo and knowing there is a whole bunch of dead townies rooting you on one way or the other and that you have no loving idea which way it is, whether people are going "oh poo poo, she's overthinking and going to gently caress it up" or "okay good, she's considering it."

All I can promise is that I'm definitely going to disappoint all of you when I inevitably gently caress this up.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I have to go to bed, it's 00:30 and I have to work in the morning.

Siv, it's just a game, it doesn't matter if it gets hosed up, as long as you had a good time. Don't stress, just enjoy! Whether you pick me, or steak, I know you wouldn't have made such a decision lightly but regardless of the outcome don't beat yourself up over it.

In the event I'm killed in the night... I leave this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUSYj5zq144

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I have to go to bed, it's 00:30 and I have to work in the morning.

Siv, it's just a game, it doesn't matter if it gets hosed up, as long as you had a good time. Don't stress, just enjoy! Whether you pick me, or steak, I know you wouldn't have made such a decision lightly but regardless of the outcome don't beat yourself up over it.

In the event I'm killed in the night... I leave this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUSYj5zq144

Aww, thanks man. Sorry this is still going on, I'm sure we all want this game over soon. It's been a pleasure, man. And ignore my neuroses, that's just how I roll. :sparkles:

reckoner to take us out

Oh crap I forgot the cat pictures might do that in a bit

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote cloner

i mean... i think i said all my thoughts on this already, with those posts before

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and like... now its just more confirmed, since siv hasnt hammered to win the game yet.

you played a drat good game tho cloner. im impressed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hammered *me*, i should specify

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote cloner

i mean... i think i said all my thoughts on this already, with those posts before

Sorry, which thoughts? I see some of your posts, but none of your thoughts.
Could you please link them?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sorry, which thoughts? I see some of your posts, but none of your thoughts.
Could you please link them?

well, mainly those effortposts i made before about vote history and mason activity respectively.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've made my case in our masonry. once siv wakes up we'll talk privately and then she'll made a decision i suppose

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry that this has ended so frustratingly for you. heh, like... not even being able to interrupt our discussion in 3-person lylo is rough.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but again, you played a phenomenal game

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Mr. Steak posted:

hammered *me*, i should specify

Yep, I agree - it is now painfully obvious that siv is not scum. Which consequently, confirms that my vote is exactly right for being on you.
You played a good game steak, and it seems your absences went in your favour (I didnt expect that!).

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
haha, yeah, not being able to read your mason is definitely frustrating because I have no idea what you guys are talking about - though I imagine it's likely you defending your posts and trying to find anything you can tag onto on mine (which I know is natural!)

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Mr. Steak posted:

well, mainly those effortposts i made before about vote history and mason activity respectively.

I have to be honest steak, looking at those effort posts nothing is standing out to me that would make anyone think I'm scum because they all came from a sincere place.
I did ask you about them too but you didn't write back, but I guess that's up for discussion in masonry

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
siv, I want you to please consider these posts

Bifauxnen posted:

Jesus Steak, just think about how much crazyass scheming and bullshit you've done yourself as scum, this is entry-level in comparison

spacing in vienna posted:

Steak tried to convince me to hammer you and then we could just line up everyone single file and guillotine them until the game ended

When I reminded him that flips wouldn't be posted until the afternoon so we couldn't just have a morning of blood lust he was disappointed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cloner, there's not much more you can do to affect the outcome of the game. though i admire the effort

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the bottom line is, practically everything i did in the game runs counter to the theory that im scum. assuming im scum requires assuming i was constantly taking unnecessary risks and they all went exactly according to plan. is that possible? yes. but it's certainly not likely

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you'd have to explain the following:

1)d1 vote swerve from 1 scum-group to another
2) hard bussing quid
3) refusing to ever doubt town-siv for even a second
4) faking a meltdown
5) abandoning 2 scumbuds for several in-game days
6) hammering sal

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we can add onto that, challenging sandwolf instead of you in final 4, when it should have been obvious sandwolf would be easier to sway onto you than vice versa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Mr. Steak posted:

cloner, there's not much more you can do to affect the outcome of the game. though i admire the effort

What are you getting at here? That you have siv in her pocket and her sole purpose for you is to do your bidding? You sound like an video game end villain.

Mr. Steak posted:

the bottom line is, practically everything i did in the game runs counter to the theory that im scum. assuming im scum requires assuming i was constantly taking unnecessary risks and they all went exactly according to plan. is that possible? yes. but it's certainly not likely

Steak, please re-read this. Not everything you did in the game runs counter to the theory that you're scum!. You've made posts saying you're confirmed town and you were called out on this many times. Nothing in this game makes you confirmed town unless you flip town. You can't say "This action makes me town" because it simply doesn't work that way. If it did, there wouldn't be a game. Everyone, whether town or scum, takes unnecessary risks. In fact, I'd go as far to say that scum take unnecessary risks even less because they already know the alignment of the other players

Mr. Steak posted:

you'd have to explain the following:

1)d1 vote swerve from 1 scum-group to another
2) hard bussing quid
3) refusing to ever doubt town-siv for even a second
4) faking a meltdown
5) abandoning 2 scumbuds for several in-game days
6) hammering sal

This is tosh, steak. Seriously. I'm not sure how you can expect anyone who is compos mentis to consider any of these to be proof of you being town