Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think it's Somber and Fry. Lower levels of scum feels on random and OA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Steak is probably scum because he loses interest immediately as town and he hasn’t here.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Steak is probably scum because he loses interest immediately as town and he hasn’t here.

Nah, he has a cool role sustaining him. Strong town read on steak.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Nah, he has a cool role sustaining him. Strong town read on steak.

You let a no lunch happen

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

You let a no lunch happen

I sure did. Do you think that makes me scum? It's not an unreasonable opinion, but if you don't think I'm scum, my opinion should still have merit. Even if you do think I am scum, my opinion should have merit in a WIFOMy way.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont even think it's valid to say i lose interest when im vanilla town. it's happened sometimes but certainly not often enough that it's a pattern. or if it is, then i didnt notice and i feel bad about that. i like playing as town just as much as scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(this is getting into rambling territory but its twilight so whatever)

like 1 year ago i probably would have said i like player scum more. i suspect that was simply because i was more experienced at playing scum, and also playing town tends to be a lot more work. but in my more recent like, idk 10 town games ive realized it's just as fun

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*playing, not player

(fuckin typoes)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think correcting typoes accounts for like 30% of my postcount lol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

i think correcting typoes accounts for like 30% of my postcount lol

Typos has just as many e's as Potatos Mr. Quayle.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

I sure did. Do you think that makes me scum? It's not an unreasonable opinion, but if you don't think I'm scum, my opinion should still have merit. Even if you do think I am scum, my opinion should have merit in a WIFOMy way.

Who is scum

You’re not calling anyone scum or scummy in this game. You’re just calling people town and contributing to bad lunches (Solus) or no lunches.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

I think it's Somber and Fry. Lower levels of scum feels on random and OA.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you think it’s loving Somber I don’t know what to do in this game. If you honestly think it’s Somber towns gonna lose. Somber is the towniest drat person in this game. Fry has been earnest.

OA and random are playing identically to the last game where they were scum and yet THEY give you lower level scumpings?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somber who replaced in on D2 and immediately started posting legitimate and earnest reads. Yeah, that guy’s scum, meanwhile steak just detailing the scum thought process allowed, that guy you’re sure is town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

If you think it’s loving Somber I don’t know what to do in this game. If you honestly think it’s Somber towns gonna lose. Somber is the towniest drat person in this game. Fry has been earnest.

OA and random are playing identically to the last game where they were scum and yet THEY give you lower level scumpings?

A lot of the stuff on random being lower level is that in scum chat that whole game he kept talking about that is how he always plays and it wasn't scum centric, which is why I have been hesitant to jump on it. But yeah, I feel a scumber here.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Sandwolf posted:

Somber who replaced in on D2 and immediately started posting legitimate and earnest reads. Yeah, that guy’s scum, meanwhile steak just detailing the scum thought process allowed, that guy you’re sure is town.

Do you think Steak is playing the "I have a power role so don't vote me" gambit? That would have to be the case if he's scum and I'm not convinced.

I'll say it again (and he literally just admitted to this) he's not contributed to scumhunting so there are certainly worse lunches out there but it just doesn't feel like he's scum.

.random
May 7, 2007

Ooh using that mod power for good AND bad. It’s true though. This is how I play.

Poorly :coal:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

God scum please kill me tonight please

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

.random posted:

Ooh using that mod power for good AND bad. It’s true though. This is how I play.

Poorly :coal:

I mean, everyone could have read the channel after the game ended. Still think there is a decent chance you are scum as people massively overestimate how close their town and scum games are, but I have some reticence because of it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I don't think I've been playing this game well. I'm gonna try to do a reset.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just got pfizer 2 babyyyy

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

Awesome!!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
When the day opens I am exploding

Don’t kill me scum

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

When the day opens I am exploding

Don’t kill me scum

Figurative or literal? Both are cool.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Mr. Steak posted:

Mazel tov. A week from now you'll feel like a god drat superhero.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

And now I'm getting ideas for a COVID themed mafia game. Has that been done?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Philip J. Fry posted:

And now I'm getting ideas for a COVID themed mafia game. Has that been done?

xopods did a space theme game right at the beginning of the pandemic on the spacestation corona, but I don't think an actual COVID mafia has been run.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Toalp, Town, Vanilla, has been killed.

It is now Day 3. Deadline will be Monday, 9:00pm Pacific (if people want a Tuesday deadline say something in private to me or in thread).

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Philip J. Fry posted:

Do you think Steak is playing the "I have a power role so don't vote me" gambit? That would have to be the case if he's scum and I'm not convinced.

I'll say it again (and he literally just admitted to this) he's not contributed to scumhunting so there are certainly worse lunches out there but it just doesn't feel like he's scum.

At a certain point, when half the game is out of their minds, I think we need to start hammering out questions like this. Is steak too scummy to be scum? I don't know, let's flip him and find out. Grandi deliberately threw the day. Why? I dunno, let's hammer him and find out. When people are playing against their team you have to hold them accountable sometimes if you're going to figure out the game. We have to start making moves.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Voodoofly posted:

Toalp, Town, Vanilla, has been killed.

It is now Day 3. Deadline will be Monday, 9:00pm Pacific (if people want a Tuesday deadline say something in private to me or in thread).

Can we push the deadline back an hour, even if it means we get a delayed flip?

I'm also in favor of pushing it back to Tuesday cause we're bad at this and will likely need the extra time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That kill makes perfect sense lol. I too would kill a lurker and leave the town to drown in misery.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

It's immensely frustrating, yes. If it makes you feel better, I'm town so we didn't lose town.

I suspect there may have been a push on me that was scum motivated as I seemed like an ideal consensus candidate.

If you were a good consensus candidate why didn't you happen?

I don't like this response, Keane is taking it a little too seriously.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Voodoofly posted:

:siren: What’s that you say? It sounds like the “technicality” siren has gone off! Just as there is no rule that a dog can’t play baseball, there is no rule that someone can’t signup to a game in progress!

However, this wouldn’t be WIFOA if you didn’t have arbitrary game situations to call each scummy about! So, you few, you proud, you WIFOA players, this is in your hands. If you want some hum up in here, you need to post ##Stumpify the Hum in thread before the end of day 1.

A stumpify action is irrevocable. You can’t unstumpify. If more than 50% of the living players have posted a stumpify action at the end of day 1 (after resolving any execution), Humalong will join you for night 1 twilight debauchery and day 2 delights. He may or may not have a win condition or a power. He will NOT be able to vote or be killed. He will not be a living stump in the game after the end of day 2.

The power is yours. Choose wisely.

We are truly blessed. Humalong the ineffable stump is possibly deigning to step amongst us once again. You know the drill, if you want to bask in his stumply presence then post ##Stumpify the Hum in thread before the end of day 1.

A stumpify action is irrevocable. You can’t unstumpify. If more than 50% of the living players have posted a stumpify action at the end of day 3 (after resolving any execution), Humalong will join you for night 3 twilight debauchery and day 4 delights. He may or may not have a win condition or a power. He will NOT be able to vote or be killed. He will leave us again after the end of Day 4.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

Neither merk nor steak?

Why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would vote random too I suppose.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

What the

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Somberbrero posted:

That kill makes perfect sense lol. I too would kill a lurker and leave the town to drown in misery.

Does it? I guess if they want town to go loving nuts as I’m left with nothing now. I don’t think it’s SNG anymore either

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Voodoo pls

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

I feel like I'm being hosed with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU