Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Actually I'm town and your own loving night action bingo should make it clear. If I was jailed and Binus jailed me, then Circl's the only one who could have tried to shoot CPig.

The third scum is blatantly obviously Circl who is the one I wanted to eliminate yesterday. And for the record I might have been willing to look back at Binus before Merk opened his mouth and decided to veto any loving attempts at discussing anyone else.

Binus said he targeted me though? Why would he jail you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you vote anyone other than b-, I will pardon that player, including myself. Scum will successfully kill CPig this time. Scum will win.

If that's what you want CPig, let's go.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

First, I am not on the SK's team. I could have thrown Obama under the bus at any point in the game to survive myself. I chose not to because we had a good masonry going.

Uhh , yeah, you are on his team. You can win with him, you're in a masonry with him, you're on his team, not outing him from the get go only proves that more.

In any case, it doesn't seem like we have much of a choice.

If this game actually had a backup governer survivor, 3 scum total, and a poisoner sk who bulletproof vests don't work to stop town wasn;t ever going to win anyway.

anyway, whatever ##vote bminus and gently caress you if you can't see why town might be hesitant to listen to the duo of a survivor and an sk.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

If you vote anyone other than b-, I will pardon that player, including myself. Scum will successfully kill CPig this time. Scum will win.

If that's what you want CPig, let's go.

Actually they won't, I've got vests stacked for days.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
So plastic. Are you town or scum? Now is the time to show us.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Guys binus lied about being a roleblocker okay, that’s a fact.

We have a gunsmith result on binus that shows he’s a killer. I was the one in the seance I just relayed the info to merk. CPig knows about the seances from shell who was the recipient the other nights, so if anyone wants to counter claim me go ahead. How would have I have gotten the info that CPig wasn’t a straight mason?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Binus said he targeted me though? Why would he jail you?

You and Merk literally both said you tried to poison me and the action failed. Meanwhile CPig says he lost a stack of bulletproof.

...Oh, right, duh, he could have just blocked your action. That makes way more logical sense. Anyways, the fact that you don't understand why Merk loudly barging in proclaiming he's anti-town, there's an SK that he's masoned with, and he's going to veto anyone actually playing the game unless we do exactly as he says MIGHT just throw any reads off then I really don't know what to tell you. God I loving hate Survivors.

##vote: Binus

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I hope b-minus1 enjoys their eternal nap!

Votecount for Day 6
With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Votecount for Day 6

b-minus1 (4): merk, ObamaAkbar., CapitalistPig, PlasticAutomaton
ObamaAkbar. (1): b-minus1

Not Voting (1): CirclMastr

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Night actions!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Правда REPORTS:

The people's suspicion fell on b- who was executed!

quote:

You are Nikolai Yezhov, Bloc-aligned Jailer.

The head of the NKVD is a perfect place for a member of the Bloc of Rights and Trotskyites to find himself. You can protect your co-conspirators and you can prosecute people you know are not involved in hopes that the excesses of the purges will provoke a backlash from the people.

At night you can jail one person by submitting ##jail target in either your confessional or in [redacted]

You win when no path for defeat remains for your team.

Another member of the party, merk, has been gunned down!

quote:

You are Nikita Khrushchev, Self-aligned Backup Governor/Survivor.

You are a social climber who sees the party as a route to power. So long as you survive you are happy, all the better if you were able to improve your position in the party.

As Backup Governor, should the Governor die you will gain the ability to pardon the day’s voted execution (including yourself). You may use this ability up to three times over the course of the game. To do so you will submit ##pardon name in your confessional.

You are also in an unconfirmed masonry. Perhaps the person you find there could be an ally?

You win if you are alive when the game ends.

It is now Day 7.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, CirclMastr, ObamaAkbar., PlasticAutomaton

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Wow that’s cold man, scum couldn’t even let the survivor win. I was 100% expecting to be dead

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Okay so, Obama do you want to do us a solid and tell town who you poisoned?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
oof , well, uh

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

oh hey we can actually play the game now. So I guess do we let scum or SK win, Cpig?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CirclMastr posted:

Okay so, Obama do you want to do us a solid and tell town who you poisoned?

I would also like to know this , because it's going to determine who I vote.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I poisoned plastic but I’m still not sold on circl as town. Also I’m going to kill everyone if not stopped so :shrug:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Basically the way I see it, if Obama poisoned Plastic then we just lunch Obama and win.

If Obama poisoned merk, we lunch Plastic then Obama and win.

If Obama poisoned me or CPig, we're basically lunching Plastic so Obama wins or vice versa.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

lol. Well I'm town, so I guess do I want to spite the poisoner or do I want to give the newbie the win.

Congrats CirclMaster, I'm going spite.

##vote: Obama

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

##vote circl

This is the only thing that makes sense for me now. Lunch me if you want, Town might win if plastic is scum

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I poisoned plastic but I’m still not sold on circl as town. Also I’m going to kill everyone if not stopped so :shrug:

Okay then ##vote Obama

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Okay, yeah, my only chance of winning means voting you today.

##vote Obama

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

PlasticAutomaton posted:

lol. Well I'm town, so I guess do I want to spite the poisoner or do I want to give the newbie the win.

Congrats CirclMaster, I'm going spite.

##vote: Obama

Sorry I poisoned you and your scum bud ate the big one pal.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: "For twelve years you have been asking, who is ObamaAkbar.? This is--" gunshots

Votecount for Day 7

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Votecount for Day 7

ObamaAkbar. (3): PlasticAutomaton, CirclMastr, CapitalistPig
CirclMastr (1): ObamaAkbar.

Not Voting (0):

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Правда REPORTS:

The people's suspicion fell on ObamaAkbar. who was executed!

quote:

You are Lavrentiy Beria, Self-aligned Poisoner.

No one knows you are a serial killer. Well, maybe some suspect, but those suspicions somehow do not lead to any inability to abuse your position to further your predilections. The bodies make great fertilizer for your wife’s rose garden as well.

Each night you may poison someone by submitting ##poison name in your confessional.

You are also in an unconfirmed masonry. Perhaps the person you find there could be an ally?

You win if you are the only person alive, or if you and your mason partner are the only persons alive.

Another member of the party, PlasticAutomaton, has been poisoned!

quote:

You are Anastas Mikoyan, USSR-aligned Vanilla.

You had an unusually long proud career in the party, the only Soviet politician to remain at the highest levels of power from Lenin through to Brezhnev. Some might note that such flexibility isn’t really becoming of a communist, but you always found your opinion worth more than theirs.

As Vanilla, your powers are your voice and your vote.

You win when all threats to the USSR have been eliminated.

The Bloc of Rights and Trots can no longer be defeated, and wins!

Cpig is endgamed! Unkillable under a pile of vests but it was always his destiny to be last living player!

quote:

You are Lazar Kaganovich, USSR-Aligned Armorer/Stump.

Iron Lazar! None could be said to have been more loyal to Stalin than you. It is your destiny to live to be the last Old Bolshevik.

At night you have the option of two commands. You may ##makevest or ##givevest name. The first means you spend the night making a bulletproof vest. The second means you give away a bulletproof vest. You must have a vest to give a vest. You start with one vest.

You are also in a confirmed masonry with someone you know is also USSR-Aligned.

In line with your destiny to be the last living Old Bolshevik you cannot be truly killed. Should you successfully be executed or murdered, instead you will lose all Armorer abilities and your ability to vote or be voted, but will continue to be able to post in the thread and your masonry.

You win when all threats to the USSR have been eliminated.

And the newbie that won it for the scum team, CirclMastr!

quote:

You are Nikolai Bukharin. Bloc-aligned Godfather.

You lead the Rights that are part of the Bloc of Rights and Trotskyites. In your own words in your confession: “This was the tremendous change that took place in our standpoint and psychology. In 1917 it would never have occurred to any of the members of the Party, myself included, to pity Whiteguards who had been killed; yet in the period of the liquidation of the kulaks, in 1929-30, we pitied the expropriated kulaks, from so-called humanitarian motives. To whom would it have occurred in 1919 to blame the dislocation of our economic life on the Bolsheviks, and not on sabotage? To nobody. It would have sounded as frank and open treason. Yet I myself in 1928 invented the formula about the military-feudal exploitation of the peasantry, that is, I put the blame for the costs of the class struggle not on the class which was hostile to the proletariat, but on the leaders of the proletariat itself. This was already a swing of 180 degrees. This meant that ideological and political platforms grew into counterrevolutionary platforms.”

Who would suspect such a light of the party would lapse so fully into Right deviation? Any investigative role that targets you will fail to return an incriminating result.

You win when no path for defeat remains for your team.

Game over!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Wait, so, who won?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh I see

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Oh my god

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Thanks for the game sub rosa!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Ggggffff

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also sorry I completely spaced on the whole secret seance message :( Sorry shell

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Night actions:

00 Kirov /Sample VT Flip

01 Leon Trotsky / Maerlyn
N1 Kill IA (Success)

02 Bukharin / CirclMastr
N2 Kill Sandwolf (Success)
N3 Kill Toal (Success)
N4 Kill deadmeat (Success)
N5 Kill Cpig (Success (which means you did target someone and do something, in this case that is destroy a vest))
N6 Kill merk (Success)

03 Yezhov / b-minus1
N1 Jail Plastic (Success)
N2 Jail Grandi (Success)
N3 Jail Plastic (Success)
N4 Jail OA (Success)
N5 Jail OA (Success)

04 Kruschchev / merk
N5 Pardon merk

05 Beria / OA
N1 Poison IA (Success)
N2 Poison Grandi (Fails as Grandi is jailed)
N3 Poison Shell (Success)
N4 Poison deadmeat (Fails as OA is jailed)
N5 Poison Plastic (Fails as OA is jailed)
N6 Poison Plastic (Success)

06 Lazar Kaganovich / CapitalistPig
N1 Give Shell vest (Success)
N2 Make vest (Success)
N3 Make vest (Success)
N4 Give Shell vest (Success)
N5 Make vest (Success)
N6 Make vest (Success)

07 Stalin / Shellception
N3 Pardon Grandi (Success)

08 Kalashnikov / Deadmeat5150
N1 Investigate CPig (Success, No gun)
N2 Make Gun (Success)
N3 Give CPig gun (Success)
N4 Investigate b- (Success, Has gun)

09 Ramón Mercader / grandicap
N1 Trostsky is Toalpaz (Success, Toal is Alexandra Kollontai)
N2 Trotsky is OA (Fails as Grandi is jailed)

10 Vyacheslav Molotov / Sandwolf
N1 Watch Grandi (Success, Visited by Sandwolf)
N2 Track Grandi (Fails as Grandi is jailed)

11 Maxim Litvinov / Idle Amalgam

12 Alexandra Kollontai / Toalpaz

13 Elena Stasova / Retro Futurist

14 Anastas Mikoyan / PlasticAutomaton

15 Andrey Andreyevich Andreyev / gay for gacha

16 Unspoiled Dead Masonry
N2 Seance Shell
N4 Seance Shell
N5 Seance OA

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 12, 2021

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Roles were given by random roll. Here is the roll.

That was paired with the order of roles above and the order of players in alphabetical order. So b- is 1 in the player list, so 3 Yezhov. And so on.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Thanks for playing my game! I had a really good good time modding/observing this one!

The first game I ran was Red Green Blue Rock Paper Scissors. It wasn't really a traditional mafia game, so in a way this is my first mafia game, but this game also had RPS as a core tension!

Scum beats 3p beats Town, with each having a core power masonry. Cpig and Shell were covered in vests and could self-pardon, but weak to poison. OA and merk had no NK protection, but could potentially, and did, gain the self-pardon ability. Scum could NK the 3ps, and really only needed to NK OA to neuter merk as the survivor no longer has a team win to help make happen.

Big highlights for me:

Toalpaz gambit catching Maerlyn
ObamaAckbar and merk swapping roles in the 3p paranoia masonry. I thought when merk rolled unconfirmed mason that was dead. I appreciated that they "got" the paranoia involved in choosing to work together knowing the other could back stab them at any point.
Shellception getting Rasputin's offer in the seance instead of her confessional.

Funny moments:
3p team both entirely missing the confirmed mason claim and thinking Shell was scum when Shell was picked as a poison target.
Cpig ignoring Shell/deadmeat saying to kill b- who was scum, and ignoring Shell saying to vest deadmeat who was the NK target. Next day was 2 scum 2 3p 2 town, when it could have been 4 town 2 3p 1 scum. Still maybe the vig was a "correct decision" as Grandi would have still been a distraction? But I think saving deadmeat could have been big either way.

The delayed flips were mainly necessitated by this version of the Governor, but I thought having that uncertainty during the nights worked really well. So much of the night chat was "if they flip this way, if they flip that way" and it was just really fun to read.

I also adored having such an active unspoiled dead chat. I don't know how much the seance mechanic should be credited for keeping the dead invested in the game, but it was super fun to have that chat be active and see everyone guessing who was what. Also big thanks to Maerlyn for being, well, like me and wanting to know the spoilers so I had at least one person to chat with in spoiled chat. I know I got to chat with the dead and you didn't and really wanted to.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Now go sign up for Yami's game!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sub Rosa posted:

Funny moments:
Cpig ignoring Shell/deadmeat saying to kill b- who was scum, and ignoring Shell saying to vest deadmeat who was the NK target. Next day was 2 scum 2 3p 2 town, when it could have been 4 town 2 3p 1 scum. Still maybe the vig was a "correct decision" as Grandi would have still been a distraction?

Yeah, I was really bad at reading this game :(

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm still grinning that the stump with "last alive" flavor lived to the end of the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oooooeeeeeee. That was interesting.
I find the postponed flips to be pretty fascinating, neat bit of added tactics