Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

If I were scum I would have done exactly the same thing but I'm not Cube.

I don't think the cop would know if they got a result on the same person both nights, but I guess that depends because there was some info out there.

Okay. I'm going back to the Cube vote because...

He was the first one to figure out that all town save one have to vote together this game on scum, and that seems like something scum would have figured out first.

Also Cube is in favor of voting someone out today, and I don't see the town benefit of that. I am not a numbers person but it doesn't seem like a no-dunk would be the worst idea. Obviously voting out scum is better.

##vote Cube

I guess that's my final answer. My dog is insisting on a walk and will barely let me type. If we no-dunk it' won't brea my heart. If Cube is town I'd like to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Rhymes With Clue posted:

He was the first one to figure out that all town save one have to vote together this game on scum, and that seems like something scum would have figured out first.

This was Keats actually.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

Absent of bussing we are close to requiring unanimous town to vote out scum. (One fewer than every town is needed). Just setting the perspective

It was this post.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

CubicalSucrose posted:

This was Keats actually.

Was going to double-check that but you both have so many posts.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

It was me, and I have also said that before as town in recent games, so I can pull up receipts on that being Non Alignment Indicative

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Not in time for deadline, but I can

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

##vote CubicalSucrose

I'm sorry, Mr. President. I would've voted for you again, furthermore,

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Anyone else want to weigh in on the no-elim idea? I still think it's wrong today. But RwC thinks otherwise and thinks I'm scummy for thinking it's wrong today.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Potato Salad posted:

I'm just fooling around Ignatus, I'm bitching and moaning a lot but I'm legitimately having a ton of fun trying to find a crack, any tiny crack, in this game. Thanks for doing this work over the holidays.

It was a perfectly fine joke. It is also a solution, certainly, but maybe not a perfect one for that problem.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

CubicalSucrose (3): Johnny Keats, Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue, Potato Salad
Johnny Keats (2): Cloacamazing!, CubicalSucrose, Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!
Potato Salad (1): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, EGalz18, ilmucche, Cloacamazing!, ilmucche, Cloacamazing!
Rhymes With Clue (1): ObamaAkbar.
ObamaAkbar. (0): Rhymes With Clue, Potato Salad, Rhymes With Clue, Potato Salad

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, ilmucche

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 29th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 24 minutes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Nope. Not voting there. You are all idiots for voting there. Get two more lurkers on the case, I'm sticking with scum.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

##unvote

Cube received town results on somebody and didn't out them. I'm thinking if he was scum he would have, or would have pretended scum stole the results.

Feel free to ignore me though, I feel like I'm wrong about everything in this game.

The Cop targets could be telling of themselves. Maybe? If I had an investigative role in this game, I would try and send it somewhere trustworthy. I know that's hard to justify in thread without outing the investigator we have left, which I'm not a fan of, but twas a thought I had

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Voting history could fit Egalz and Cubical

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Egalz could totally be scum from absenteeism and utter lack of content too.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm liking this more the more I tab back and forth in my browser

try it, you might like it

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

Egalz could totally be scum from absenteeism and utter lack of content too.

Yeah there's more to dig in on this but deadline is in 15 minutes so.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m back to being pretty sure cloaca is scum, I think this is a last ditched effort to save cube

##vote cube

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sorry for being absent I’ve had a pretty busy day and only just caught up

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Conceivably scum can win with one wrong vote tomorrow if we miselim today. I think that’s why cloaca is so keen to push someone who isn’t cube

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
No, actually it's why I'd really like to execute scum

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

You were ready to vote out Potato a second ago

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Keats, RwC, Potato Salad.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

CubicalSucrose (4): Johnny Keats, Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue, Potato Salad, ObamaAkbar.
Johnny Keats (2): Cloacamazing!, CubicalSucrose, Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!
Potato Salad (1): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, EGalz18, ilmucche, Cloacamazing!, ilmucche, Cloacamazing!
ObamaAkbar. (0): Rhymes With Clue, Potato Salad, Rhymes With Clue, Potato Salad
Rhymes With Clue (0): ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar.

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, ilmucche

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 29th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 7 minutes.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Egalz come on

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

You know what, from where I'm at at the moment, a no-elim doesn't seem like the worst idea actually.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Omg I thought it was deadline later

##vote cube

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: CubicalSucrose really stepped in it this time!

Votecount for Day 3
With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 29th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 5 minutes.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I shoulda known Stalin was being real when he said "no execution is bad "

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The crowd in search of answers were up in arms. Everyone started shouting at each other, two of the loudest pointed fingers at each other, but eventually, to the surprise of onlookers and with mere seconds to spare before the curfew bells rang, enough of the crowd were agreed on a single member that they moved in, and then dispersed as before. The police searched CubicalSucrose's person and apartment to find an even bigger surprise; a map with some directions to a strange cabin in the woods, a key that had the image of a house marked on it that didn't match any obvious locks, and a lot of Amazon gift cards and arcane notes referencing personally identifying information on people all across the world. The cabin in the woods wasn't able to be entered, but the equipment present on the outside suggested it might be responsible for the interference blocking outside transmissions in or out of the town. The authorities claimed that now that the source of the interference had been dealt with, life would very soon go back to normal, but the crowd knew their job wasn't done yet. Somebody still killed little Johnny. Somebody still called the shots.

CubicalSucrose was a SCUM-ALIGNED INTERCEPTOR.

CubicalSucrose's PM posted:

You got the surprise of your life when some anonymous benefactor not only paid your bail but legal fees for a good lawyer instead of the public defender you'd been assigned for handling your latest trial. Good timing too, since you'd otherwise have been up for being hit with your third strike of phone tampering and tossed in the pokey for a long time. You were barely out of the courthouse after your trial ended in a not-guilty verdict when the limo pulled up and a man sternly called you out and told you to get in.

There, you learned about a job opportunity that promised everything you could want: top of the line equipment to interface with systems new and old, freedom to run phone scams any way you were used to so long as you got results, and out in the middle of nowhere so there'd be no loving cops who would be tracing your every goddamned move (you swore you'd done everything you could on that last job to go untraced and somehow they STILL got you, loving cops). It seemed perfect after your experiences trying to make it in the big city.

Well, up until the kid snuck into the cabin you were working in. You didn't notice it happening because you were busy convincing a 98-year old woman who had trouble remembering your name that you were her son and needed bail money to get out of a Spanish prison in the form of Amazon gift cards, but the kid apparently very quietly pushed open the door, stood in the doorway, and heard everything you were doing before trying to sneak off and getting noticed by the guard. You didn't exactly sign up for the whole
murder part of this shebang but you sure as hell aren't going down for this if you can help it.

You are Carey Gibson, SCUM-ALIGNED INTERCEPTOR. Every night you can select a target and ensure any messages they would have normally received end up in your hands instead. You win when you are in control of the vote or nothing can prevent you from obtaining it.

Fakeclaim, should you wish to use one:

You are Emmerich Stone, a manager for the local TV station. You're no stranger to strange news, but you minored in Meteorology and know there's no way any of that nonsense about why calls aren't going out could be true; when you started arguing with a colleague about the details, though, you were hardly 5 minutes in before you got a call from your boss' boss that you were to drop the subject and have everyone report it as the truth or else pack up your desk and hit the pavement with your resume elsewhere. You can't really do much other than protest behind closed doors as it is, but you figure that'll have to suffice given the circumstances.

You are Emmerich Stone, TOWN-ALIGNED VANILLA. You have no powers besides your vote. You win when all threats to town are removed from the game.

D3 is over! N3 is in! Per votes on Discord, night is forcibly extended until 12/31 at 4:00 PM CST! Go have fun with your families without worrying about missing out on posting here, y'all.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 3, 2024

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The residents of the town awaken after a lovely sleep of victory and dreams of further success to a grim reminder that their work wasn't finished. The local doctor's sole assistant for decades was found dead on the streets, with a buckle and an empty first aid kit found in some nearby bushes. When the authorities checked their office, they found there weren't any more usable kits there either. Hope nobody gets tetanus while the doctor himself is on vacation!

Potato Salad was a TOWN-ALIGNED DOCTOR (1 SUCCESSFUL SHOT).

Potato Salad's PM posted:

Of all the times for Dr. Halligan to go on vacation. Here you are, Jacquelyn "Jackie" Robinson, the sole town nurse only brought on because the good doctor was getting on in years and wanted to let you do all the work "take it easier". You knew that you'd eventually inherit his practice as long as you never reminded him about looking for a successor, but the one thing he was good for was improvising healing materials on the cheap and Depression-era remedies that could be grabbed lickety-split from the forest when the malady wasn't treatable with what you had on hand or proved tough to diagnose. He never bothered to actually teach you anything, and you weren't gonna remind him of the need to teach somebody while he might still choose some young buck who'd immediately take right after him and make you actively handle the patients most of the time instead of you, but God's GRACE you wish you had remembered to write down the different things he's made you fetch over the years with this killer on the loose. You only have ONE first aid kit that hasn't had moths eat the bandages left in the office storeroom, and you've mailed out a request form due to the outbound phone problems and cell interference to your usual supply agency for more, but you have the feeling that you won't get any more if you run out...

You are Jacquelyn 'Jackie' Robinson, TOWN-ALIGNED DOCTOR (1 SUCCESSFUL SHOT). You can choose a target at night to attempt to prevent the nightkill. If you do not prevent the nightkill, you may try again as many times as you like, but upon successful prevention of the nightkill you will become vanilla town. You win when all threats to town are removed from the game.

N3 is over! It's now time for D4! Deadline below.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 3, 2024

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): Cloacamazing!, EGalz18, Hal Incandenza, ilmucche, Johnny Keats, ObamaAkbar., Rhymes With Clue

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 02nd, 2024 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

1) How do scum keep knowing the power roles?
2) Thanks Potato for soaking the kill so I may live exactly one more day!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Are we all in agreement that the third scum has to be one of Mucche and Egalz?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##vote Cloaca

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Well, now we should probably claim the entire telephone chain. Scum clearly knew where to hit, and there's no need to keep it a secret now that the doc and watcher are dead.

I'm currently below ilmucche (scum already knows that since Cube used to be between us) and above RWC. I'm also the cop. Apparently Cube didn't guess that part, even though it should have been pretty obvious that I towncleared myself to my partners.

Copped RWC's lower neighbor last night, should have been successful.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
TL;Dr: Am cop, please don't turbo

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Oh really? A cop claim? I can't wait for that to be countered. :allears:

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Unvote

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
RWC can confirm that she got a cop result, like I said she would at the start of last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Johnny Keats posted:

Are we all in agreement that the third scum has to be one of Mucche and Egalz?

Who is the second scum? Did you count yourself?