Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

cspam is a fyad lite

also you have to be polite to the loser dweebs next door or else you’ll get banned when they complain and work the refs!

meanwhile fluff is still an admin despite botching at least two separate pedo incidents
Fly Molo is the whiniest turd on this site and I will not suffer his crime of being himself in a thread I read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Nice snipe

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
e: gently caress it, its pointless

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 10:12 on Jul 21, 2022

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Fly Molo is the whiniest turd on this site and I will not suffer his crime of being himself in a thread I read.

maybe you can just give my man fly molo, who should be free, a probe and tell him to cool his jets, instead of banning him outright

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 3 days!)

the smouldering cspam-fyad tension is the best thing about this site right now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i understand the compulsion to hit flymolo. its like when your in a f150 and see a bicyclist on the side of a road in their jaunty little shorts. oh you think you're hot poo poo huh....

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

the smouldering cspam-fyad tension is the best thing about this site right now

what tension, fyad is the only forum that supports cspam being a fyadlite

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cspam always exist in the state of tension with the world entire. like a red barrel within sight of gordon freeman

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

God Hole posted:

hmm to start with i was just planning on throwing down some local plants, wildflowers, and perennials; low maintenance stuff that's not really for my benefit. i am also willing to plant some more delicate stuff and give it the care it needs to get established if necessary. there's no natural water nearby

i was thinking of dipping my toes in farming next year, but i would literally be starting from scratch and learning as i go so i might just start with raised planters. still, that's definitely something i'm looking into for the not-too-distant future, so at this point i'm wondering whether i should rehab the entire acre now and convert some of it to farmland later, or leave the portion of future farmland as grass for now
planting shrubs around the outskirts of the field is always a great place to start. would you consider that? aside from supporting the ecosystem, they're also a great windbreak if you do decide to start working the land later. even a small shrub creates a shaded microclimate that's a little bit cooler and damper than the surrounding environment, perfect for starting some ground-level plants at.

i'm guessing the lawn isn't native. is it all the one species of grass, or are there lots of different species? are there any wildflowers in it already? have you noticed any insects or lizards?

also, are you close to any wooded reserves or forest?

these questions are trying to figure out how much native ecosystem you already have on the property. the most important thing is to figure out what's already living there, and support it as best you can. then you build around it.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

my all-purpose advice is to start by planting native blackberries (make sure you get the american ones!) all around the edges of the acre. then, it would be a good idea to choose one or two places to be shaded with native trees. if you plant two dense groups of 2-5 saplings each, and the deer don't eat them, you'll be happy you did it. in a year's time they'll be established enough you can start planting other natives around them, and the whole little village of plants will support each other, with the tree roots drawing up water from the deeper soil for the shallower-rooted things.

mahershalalhashbaz has issued a correction as of 11:16 on Jul 21, 2022

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

i understand the compulsion to hit flymolo. its like when your in a f150 and see a bicyclist on the side of a road in their jaunty little shorts. oh you think you're hot poo poo huh....

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

meanwhile fluff is still an admin despite botching at least two separate pedo incidents

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

a mod's attempt to draw a clock

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

hey thorn

sinophobic dipshit liberals gently caress off

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

This ban sucks, anyone who speaks against the PRC in the climate thread should be banned imho

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

the purpose of a system young mouth is what it does

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Harold Fjord posted:

I miss them and wish them the best

Harold Fjord is a pedo defender defender.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

i thought the biosphere was collapsing pretty quickly but it's not happening nearly as fast the the influx of boring forum drama

clearly things still aren't that bad, yet

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon is a blight everywhere he posts and is legitimately racist

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

cspam is a fyad lite

also you have to be polite to the loser dweebs next door or else you’ll get banned when they complain and work the refs!

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

Gulping Again posted:

Thorn Wishes Talon is a blight everywhere he posts and is legitimately racist

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
TWT literally believes the chinese are doing great replacement culturally in america but you have to be nice to them in the forum where the most popular thread is one where you post "TURMP" or Nancy Pelosi's giant cans.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

I think it's cool how Lowtax never actually sold the site and died and is still making administrative decisions in the same way for the same reasons as he has for over twenty years

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

the most popular thread is one where you post Nancy Pelosi's giant cans.

:hai:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Gravid Topiary posted:

drying wild yarrow is cool, the roots look especially witchy all dried up in mason jars :witch:

since i bought a dehydrator years ago my interior decor is steadily being dictated by whether or not i can use an item to display jars full of things i've dried

Thanks friend! I like doing that too. Always on the lookout for second hand old glass. Do you like your dehydrator much? I contemplated one but and trying to go as low tech as possible when presented a choice. This thing I made works, but...I'm sure it gets all sorts of contaminated just put out in the air.

I just normally brush it off by acknowledging I'm more round up and pulverizes plastics than man now and simply then lol. Namaste.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a thread I read.

are the forums servers more climate-resilent now than when lowtax had them in a lower ninth ward basement?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Basic Poster posted:

Thanks friend! I like doing that too. Always on the lookout for second hand old glass. Do you like your dehydrator much? I contemplated one but and trying to go as low tech as possible when presented a choice. This thing I made works, but...I'm sure it gets all sorts of contaminated just put out in the air.

I just normally brush it off by acknowledging I'm more round up and pulverizes plastics than man now and simply then lol. Namaste.

Dehydrators are great and definitely worth it imo, though I get trying to stay low tech. While you definitely can get by without one, it's a noticeable improvement in drying and preserving things.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
listen its only 2 days since the last time hoover dam was on fire, crisis averted

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

new Virtue system in this Ultima game is weird

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Enfys posted:

Dehydrators are great and definitely worth it imo, though I get trying to stay low tech. While you definitely can get by without one, it's a noticeable improvement in drying and preserving things.

You can make a solar dehydrator, the local permaculture demo place near my house has a pretty one. It's made of wood with a bunch of drying racks, and has a solar collector that sits on the ground in front of it angled at the sun. It's just a big wooden square box with some holes for air intake at the bottom, plexiglass on top, and a black surface on the back. So you get a thermosiphon effect where air enters, gets heated, and flows up through the drying racks out the top, creating a vacuum effect that sucks more air in. Hope that makes sense it's pretty dope and I hope I can build one someday!

E: also if you wanna get really low tech, people in the Balkans dry their peppers outside on strings. And their herbs and mushrooms outside on screens. In turkey they dry eggplant on strings in the sun. In Italy they also dry tomatoes in the sun. I live in central Europe now and hence my interest in the solar dehydrator but depending on your climate you might be able to dehydrate veg at least with almost no tech.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

hey thorn

sinophobic dipshit liberals gently caress off

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

you gotta be making GBS threads me with this, what the gently caress

jeff, please stop reminding me I post on a shithole website made for and by capitalist bootlickers who want humanity to suffer so that they can still have their treats

you understand the USG openly supports slavery and genocide, has since its inception, enshrined slavery into its constitution through the 13th amendment, and it's completely factually accurate to say "hey look some other nations are not nearly as barbaric as the united states of america, achieve greater gains without capitalism despite capitalists whoring out the people of the US to act as shock troops/spies whenever a periphery gets out of line, and despite the US using said shocktroops and spies to strangle any competing governance mode in its cradle and replace those leaders with fascist deathsquads/oligarchies some places like Cuba and China have demonstrated objectively superior civic obligation to their people than the united states of america" because that's all like, actual recorded/ongoing history; you guys get that, right?

and how this thread focuses on the consequences of how capitalist nations have been allowed to poo poo on the future of humanity, unabated, for ~120 years? (technically for ~5-7 centuries but poo poo got so much worse for the planet itself as capital grew exponentially stronger from huffing all them sweet sweet oil-roids for growth)

and how by extension of the above, some "ironically" racist fucktard like twt constantly trolling about how actually it's stupid to criticize the slavelording inhuman beast that is the US economy/capitalist-captured state should be allowed to be called out in this thread of all places?

I mean, thorn doesn't get any of that because he's paid to shitpost here probably by pragerU or the same handlers that yell at you fuckers-oh, I see

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

you gotta be making GBS threads me with this, what the gently caress

jeff, please stop reminding me I post on a shithole website made for and by capitalist bootlickers who want humanity to suffer so that they can still have their treats

I mean, thorn doesn't get any of that because he's paid to shitpost here probably by pragerU or the same handlers that yell at you fuckers-oh, I see

lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't care about Fly Molo or for the perpetually-sneering posting style but ban Thorn Wishes Talon for sucking out loud.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Ban humanity for cringe

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Bans should require a proletarian posters tribunal but the authbrain mods can't fathom it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol what is this. thorn loving sucks

biome creep. as certain biomes are transformed by climate change, they migrate into other biomes which are also being transformed, carrying the animals accustomed to that biome with them. in this way D&D encroaches on CSPAM, TWT posts here, and you get banned for being mean to him

Cup Runneth Over has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Jul 21, 2022

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
jeffrey mad ppl keep using his website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ban everyone who posts in CSPAM