Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

quote:

--.Attak rampages across half of the goon squad, bouncing them off the floor and walls! Akane whistles and her own goons take to goon on goon violence, rushing and battering one of the lizardmen into the ground until he stops moving.. or at least his health bar empties out. The sole remaining guy trying to surround you sheaths his weapon and 180s spontaneously, mouse turning expertly before booking it into the crowd of players watching the spectacle.

: Stepping up beside her sister, Royal gestures to one of Vannen's hopeless subordinates, raising one hand to make a V-sign over her mouth and stick her tongue out while two other hands throw up the horns and wave them at him in a dismissive tsk-tsk. "Queens don't have to explain themselves, ya peasant!" The vainglorious <DRAGON> members stocks and ego plummet rapidly in the wake of the psychic snipe.

: Takano mumbles over party comms: ".. Right. Thank you, Kyokan."

: Charlotte raises her Grapple target a foot higher, levitating him telekinetically due to the height difference. "Villains working under the guise of altruism is a tacky look, even for your guild. You know what your little master.. what all of your officers corp has done." Using both hands to sheath her sword, Charlotte takes on a classical dueling stance, preparing to draw. "We won't allow you, him or anyone else doing this for impure reasons to triumph, to even prosper.. or.. to throw that power around." She grips her swords hilt. "I have two sisters and all of Dragonsblood and anyone else who harms them will experience my anger! Glimpse an Infinite Veil! BANISHING BLADE!" In an act of profound overkill Charlotte burns an item Daily power and quick draws her sword, sending the two flying into the first solid object that can stop their flight. P4 is knocked out utterly, Vannenglory is knocked onto his chest in a stupor. This resolves the current encounter, though you're still In Combat. Charlotte looks to Royal and .Attak and tilts her head for a moment before flashing a thumbs up and gesturing to the Northern Stairs in the formerly sealed room.

quote:

https://orokos.com/roll/786333 Akane hits K25 with Vicious Mockery, softening him up.
https://orokos.com/roll/786332 Skeletons Charge and beat down P4 for KO.
https://orokos.com/roll/786334 Takano uses Banishing Blade on Vannenglory and P4. P4 is KO'd, Vannenglory is Dazed/Proned at D24.

---

Takashi: The three of you advance down into the depths of the Dragonsblood Tribes take on a place of manufacturing, passing through stone halls and store rooms holding mundane goods. As you descend you can hear the almost cliche cheering of those who admire the top players. It comes up a lot in the broadcasted ORDER streams and now it's following you as well. Charlotte's head is tilted down as she power walks forward, blushing slightly. Royal is snickering with fingers from six hands framing her chin and mouth.

: Descending down into the manufacturing center, .attak looks as imposing as ever, an extra giant dog sparking and swirling with potentialities. Keeping pace with his allies, he sniffs the air (active perception 44) for the smells of lizardmen in waiting. His ears twitch in time with the ghostly cheering.

: In party voice only, "Why do we hear that cheering? Is it part of the game?" Perception: 1d20+25 44

: Pace quickening by another half-step, Charlotte absently passes her hands along the side of her head, by her ears. She seems a little bothered.. or bashful.

: Bubbling over to .attak, floating an inch off the ground, Royal grabs his arm with four of her hands. "Ehh, you've never heard this kinda thing before?! I thought you had a stream too! It's players, real players! They think you're cool! And onee-san, but that's always true!"

Takashi: Your fine feral senses pick up the unique tags of nearby enemies. Due to the narrow halls and abrupt turns of this place, either new door frames, new halls or hard corners, you can't see them, but you know they are there or approaching. Elsewhere in the depths of the Mindscape subtle bumps in instance lag mark the unmistakable arrival of players, new Avatars coming at a steady clip. It's unavoidable that a simple bark across Dragonsblood's guild chat might summon the horde. Some come across as more meaningful than the others with a system message in game chat!

Attended By A Lady Of Their Fellowship

: Wrinkling his nose and letting forth a little wuff, .attak muses over Royal's words, "I guess I never paid attention before," his ears snap towards a noise, snout pointed like a bloodhound, "After all, my mindscape isn't a perpetual concert, eh nee-chan?" the stars that make up his eyes seem to twinkle more merrily, and gleaming fangs are revealed in a coyote smile. "They're looking for us now, and more powerful ones are being called..." the message announces the arrival of a lady, "does that name ring any bells? I don't like surprises when we're outnumbered..." as he says that in voice he sends a whisper directly to Takano, "Ameru-chan are your ears always so red ?´• ? •`?"

: In response(?) to your whisper Royal pops up between you and Charlotte, grinning sweetly. "Nee-chan doesn't pay attention to it either! It's why she's so cool! Only she could say what she says and really mean it so sincerely! And... maybe Tsuki-chan and Akio-kun. About ending the game.. and all that high justice stuff.."

: Ears turning redder, Charlotte brandishes her blade and bids you both to halt. She glares down the tunnel into the sprawling warehouses. "E-enough of that! I'm playing to help you, Akane! If.. if I can lead a few more away from this awful Game while I do it, it's the right thing to do! And Kyokan, you've detected enemies for the party.."

Takashi: There are cold blooded, musty scale scented fools laying in ambush behind thin walls. You could round the corner and rush one before he reacts. Or take down the wall.. or perhaps ask the Sisters to do something. Charlotte looks every part the magical Bulwark. Your eyes phase between Royal and a side of meat. Yup, she's the perfect Bait.

: In Party "They're right on the other side of this wall," he gestures again with his snout, a sideways facing arrow appearing in the wake of his motion, "waiting to ambush us." he projects the image of several cartoonish lizardmen standing on one side of a wall. "Royal, keep walking forward and act lost," a big :meat_on_bone: appears on the opposite side of the wall and wanders into sight of the lizards, "as soon as they try to strike, Charlotte can intercede and get in front of them," he nods and a similarly stylized red and silver shield appears between the lizardmen figures and the tantalizing meat. "I'm going to come through the wall here once they do," an image of starlit tiny .attak topples the cartoon wall and silently barks in the air behind the stunned lizards.

: With a familiar giggle and a stunned little "huh?" Royal looks .attak right down the snout, bringing her hands up in three separate hand wrings. "Gosh, Takashi-kun, maybe I could rip my top a little too, you gotta really sell it when the ditz runs off with killers on the loose. Maybe you could wrap me up in ribbon too.." She grips her lanterns and sickles together, Readying an action.

: Feeling that you're being Flanked, you look to the other side to see Charlotte staring at you dead on. If it was a glare it'd be troubling. Takano's feelings on Akane as bait are easy to guess. She gives you a steely nod and draws her sword, also. Readying an action. "Very well." Prancing ahead with an over-the-top skip Royal separates from you two and moves ahead into the hall, wearing the biggest doe eyes she can muster! It doesn't take long before you here rustling metal plates, draw blades and tromping feet. Charlotte blinks ahead and you decide to do what you do best and push a wall over. It can't do much to stop you!

--Neither can the guy behind it, who you demolish readily. However the rest of the motley crew rushes the sisters, including a magus invoking a spell of embiggening upon a massive plate-clad gladiator bearing a huge tower shield and a long-ranged thrusting trident. Charlotte intercepts two of them via proximity and Royal invokes a pair of skeletal minions! They're unable to get past Charlotte for now but the massive goon thrusts clean through the skeleton and into Akane's mid-section for 30 Physical Damage + 4 Acid and 4 Thunder, bringing up a stunned "Ah!" on your party mics. https://orokos.com/roll/796540

quote:

Charlotte: HP: 207/207, AC/F/R/W: 49/40/44/42
Royal: HP: 108/146, AC/F/R/W: 37/34/34/39

Lizardmen(S11, P14, R18-19, Q21, P22): HP: ???, AC/F/R/W: 42/39/39/39
Big Guy(R18-R19): Threatening Reach 2, AC/F/R/W: 44/42/39/39

--The rooms sealed by the doors can't be seen into until opened. Rows D-E and G-H in the North have open streams of lava and purest ice! An environmental hazard! You can also smell something a bit odd. A bit like lime, though it's in the distance, probably the farthest point from your group, in the West.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

: With a wet squelch of lizard and rock, .attak has the instant realization that his ambush was turned around on him. Backing up comically through his hole, he catches sight of the lizards swarming, watching as Royal suffers a hit from his tactical blunder. Takashi's eyes narrow to angry orbs, his avatar mimicking intuitively - twin bluish orbs of malice focus intently on the largest, the biggest, the ugliest lizard. A streak of menacing starlight surges over Royal and her remaining Skeleton guard leaping onto the gladiator even as it swings to stop him. A rending howl echoes through the hallway as teeth, stronger than any steel, clamp into scale and sinew - managing to just gain enough leverage to wrench the monster into a hold! A burst of perfect, golden menace resolves atop .attak's huge frame, resolving into a Shiba Inu clad in gleaming white armor! With a single, majestic bark he leaps headfirst into the helpless lizard and explodes into a blast of powerful, radiant energy.

quote:

* Move: to R27 (top left)
* Charge: to R20 (top left) with Howling Strike vs AC (vs. R18): 1d20+35 42+3 (Insightful Riposte) == 45, hits for 2#4d10+3d6+32+7 73 81 lightning damage
* Fortune: Rei vs. AC: 1d20+34 51 hits for 2#4d10+25 45 52 radiant damage
* Rend: 4d10 14 damage
* Free Grab: Grab Attack vs Reflex: 1d20+30 43, and he's grabbed by me
* +Fury, +48 THP
Summary: 81 lightning, 52 radiant, 14 non-typed damage dealt to Big Guy (147 total, pending resists/weaknesses) - and he is grabbed by me (immob)

: Royal Shifts back and begins channeling a Regeneration +6 buff to self and allies nearby, Skeleton Shifts forward, Skellie misses Melee vs Q21. HP: 112/146

: Takano Sword Bursts and hits P22 for 0/1 + 1/1 Minion damage and then Marks Q21 and P22.

--The Big Goon weathers your blows well, an unusual hardness and metallic sheen to his scales granting him limited protection(DR 5.)

quote:

Charlotte: HP: 207/207, AC/F/R/W: 49/40/44/42
Royal: HP: 108/146, AC/F/R/W: 37/34/34/39
.attak: HP: 169/169 + 48/48 THP AC/F/R/W: 41/45/39/39

Lizardmen(S11, P14, R18-19, Q21, P22 1/2 Minion HP): HP: ???, AC/F/R/W: 42/39/39/39
Big Guy(R18-R19): Damage taken: 132, Grabbed, Threatening Reach 2, AC/F/R/W: 44/42/39/39, DR 5

--Caster Lizard(P14) tosses a fireball into the fray, his allies drawing ethereal red-scale bulwarks from thin air to soak the friendly fire in the middle of the melee pile! https://orokos.com/roll/797861 Deals 36 Fire Damage(18 to Takano) to .attak, skellington and Royal! Akane ignites as she's vulnerable to fire damage!

quote:

Charlotte: HP: 189/207, AC/F/R/W: 49/40/44/42
Royal: HP: 72/146, AC/F/R/W: 37/34/34/39, Ongoing 5 Fire(Save Ends)

Lizards: Redscale Blessing: Fire Resist 40

--The Big Guy bellows: "Hold them down! Soak them!" In response to the cry the scaled goons brandish their weapons and glossy sheens envelop them, solidifying to odd soaky residue that drips and sizzles. They tear into your front line and one of the goons in the back draws a bow to fire at .attak as well.

A series of mildly competent strikes ensue, including the massive lug skewering Takashi in the ribs for 22 Physical + 4 Acid + 4 Thunder damage, as well as applying a -2 AC/Fort debuff(UEONT, renewed on hit or miss via enchanted weapon)

--The same debuffs weather Takano down, the outmatched lizards seeking to wave and splay their weapons as much as possible. Acid and churning slime gets everywhere!

quote:

Charlotte: HP: 195/207, AC/F/R/W: 49/40/44/42 (-4 AC/Fort)
Royal: HP: 72/146, AC/F/R/W: 37/34/34/39
.attak: HP: 169/169 + 48/48 THP AC/F/R/W: 41/45/39/39

Lizardmen(S11, P14, R18-19, Q21, P22 1/2 Minion HP): HP: ???, AC/F/R/W: 42/39/39/39
Big Guy(R18-R19): Damage taken: 132, Grabbed, Threatening Reach 2, AC/F/R/W: 44/42/39/39, DR 5
-Goons have Fire Resist 40 via a big unity buff

: "This is their gimmick, they must have support elsewhere on the field!"

: "I'll use a big heal this round!" You can hear the flop-sweat in Akane's voice. A rarity.

: As .attak's claws dig deep pits into the stone floor, his barreling charge continues, the giant lizard finds his own feet suddenly come off the ground as he's carried like a damp toy. Tendrils of malice pop and bubble from the dog's scintillating coat, whispering and tearing painfully at the archer lizard who so carelessly misses his shot. Still thrashing against the struggles of his giant captive, .attak has trouble bashing his body against the alcove where the wizard-lizard lurks; the walls begin to look more like gravel as he repeatedly slams himself against them. Finally the wizard is unable to duck back in time to avoid a whipcrack of lightning that booms from .attak's monstrous, lighted tail. Just as the caster feels his bones stop vibrating he has a brief moment to contemplate his impending doom. An angelic, haloed pup gleams like a diamond in the sun from the mountainously, taller .attak, and with a snuffling arf sends out a slow-moving wave of searing brilliance that scours the wizard-lizard down to atoms; his ashes crumble into a neat little pile with his weapon resting unharmed atop it.

quote:

* Take 16 fire (36-20), 7 physical (22-15), 4 Acid, 0 Thunder (4*1.3-10)
* 169/169 HP, 16 THP
* 9 psychic to the bow user who missed me (wasn't sure which one)
* Free: Curtain of Steel vs AC (Big Guy): 1d20+34 38 misses. 6d10+29+7 63
* Standard: Move to Q15 (top left) while maintaining the grab on Big Guy, who moves to R13 (top left) since he failed to break my grab
* Action Point: Iron Breaker's Shout vs AC (P4): 1d20+34 35 misses. 4d10+29+7 63
* Free: Stone of Earth, rerolling: Iron Breaker's Shout vs AC (P14): 1d20+34 39 misses again. Cool. 4d6+29+7 50
* Fate: Manifestation of Wrath - No attack, Big Guy and P14 take 13 radiant damage, and I gain +2 attacks UEOE
* Minor: Stalk and Strike vs AC (P14): 1d20+34+2 (Wrath) 41+2 hits :slight_smile: for 4d10+3d8+29+7 71 url=https://orokos.com/roll/799798]Damage Reroll (ring)[/url]: 4d10r1+3d8+29+7 77 damage
* My grab expires on Big Guy since I did not maintain via Minor action
* Summary: 8 radiant to Big Guy (13-5DR), 13 radiant + 77 lightning (as two instances) to P14 which should drop it, Q24 is entitled to an OA against me - if he wishes
* Statuses: Fury, -2 AC/Fort

Takashi: The smell of encroaching lime is replaced by the scent of treacherous orange citrus!

: As you're dealing with the big guy, Charlotte issues a rare yell, barking out an order. "Attack, can you rush whatever is coming from the North!?" You're almost close enough to round that corner, seeing dribbling puddles of orange magma getting cast ahead of the moving source. (This won't impact your Actions, but it is an active choice affecting map outcome for next round) Do you rush the encroaching nasty!?

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 9, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

quote:

mortify: Yeah, at her request. I've got enough tricks up my sleeve, and know she has them up hers, to feel confident in her battle direction.

: Takashi in full void hound form valiantly dashes to the North to round the corner into the halls of the frost-fire forge! Behind him Takano draws up a full bead of power and thrusts those around her ahead, teleporting in sync with them to appear in the midst of them as they fumble, stumble and clamor to their feet around her. With one violently strong arcane exertion of will she brings the big lizard in behind her as the various beastly assailants fail to find purchase in .attak's fleeing hind quarters! Akane follows, weaving songs of regeneration and an encounter strength reinforcement of skeletal buffers between her and danger. The magus drops, the bowman flees..!

---

: And brave .attak rounds the corner, closing in on that perplexing odor of oranges that became limes. As he comes into a new angle on the heated halls he can scarcely feel a change in temperature.. until suddenly everything is strangely warm, his momentum brought to an undignified halt as a surging wall of lime-green ooze outlined by burning orange fringe rushes to meet him in the same reckless charge, the larger mass partly absorbing the hound into her own and rendering him "stuck!"

: In the South Takano barks over voice chat that "Some real fighters just emerged from the South Hall!" But Takashi.. is hardly.. in a position to think about that.

Music (Mischief Makers: Mini Boss Theme)

--Takashi is embedded snout and most of his upper torso into most of a larger, more refined Jubilette's mid torso, his face resting upon a pair of gelatinous orbs. A sweeping pair of arms with dribbling ruffles of green ooze sweep around his shoulders and hug him close, a gelatinous greeting with a greedy grip!

: Jubilette howls.. with laughter! "TACKY!!! HAHAHAHA! What the gently caress are you doing here?!"

: Akane is laughing aloud over her mic. Her expression carries over in her voice.

: Takano draws up her sword and her free hand to manifest shield runes, but seems .. concerned. "Attack, what's going on?! Are you in trouble?!" Her expression carries cleanly as well.

--In the South Hall the tag of Mr_Grimm [PACK] and Sunder_Life [DRAGON] are double moving towards the sisters, the javelins of the bronze dragonborn raised and ready while his companion advances in a set of anachronistic space marine armor, raising his fists in a boxing stance with a pair of overly heavy gauntlets.

Takashi is Immobilized! What is he gonna do!? Everybody votes!

[ ] Strength Check. You call this a grapple? (Indicate direction/destination)
[ ] Void Doggo stuff. Can't grab what doesn't exist.
[ ] Fight Jubilette! If Charlotte can't see through the wall, it's not foreplay if you don't get caught.
[ ] Bail and head South.
[ ] Request something from Takano/Akane.
[ ] Other(Please write in something freeform, or indicate other items/powers/Persona/Fates Takashi should use!)
Environmental Cues: The North Halls of the Frostfire Forge are divided into Frost in the West and Fire in the East. How traditional role play.

quote:

Plutonis: [x] Fight Jubilette! If Charlotte can't see through the wall, it's not foreplay if you don't get caught.
Socker: I'll second that, sounds like something the notorious true pervert of Naoki would do
LAY: sounds good to me too
Mirthless: I'm the fourth vote! Takashi is clearly ready for this jelly
Mortify: You're all jerks. Takashi obviously alerts the party that he's got the vile jellyfiend handled AND THEN fights Jubilette.

---

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 9, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

: Confidently sizing up his super-sized opponent, .attak reflexively licks his lips in the image of a wolf sizing up prey.. at the same time that Takashi licks his lips in real life, pausing briefly to enjoy some high class bottled water of the Plahseeboh Brand. Uncle always gets it in bulk and it's only polite to accept offered hospitality. The void pup flexs and spikes ebon ribbons of energy through the personal space violater, ripples of force jiggling up the full frame of the bile belle!

: (PARTY) "I've got this one handled, don't get overrun!"

: (SAY) "I came here to bark at you." With a stable wrist technique Attak seizes the interior of Jubilette's arms and moves to throw her over his shoulder!

: "You look like you're just panting!" With a hollow sploosh like an aquarium tank bursting the ooze is lifted and dropped! Her consistency is quite thick and she snaps back into general shape before thrusting herself forward, making the two top-heavy! Attak and Jubilette topple over, girl erupting around boy before congealing around most of his body in a sticky mass. The big dog is thoroughly rooted, to say the least. Everything smells like limes.

--In the South the two other heavyweights rush forward, Sunder buzzsawing through a fresh wave of skellingtons and finishing with a Charge to engage Charlotte directly, who guards against it.

--The odd man of <Pack> comes up behind Sunder and delays turn.

: Royal begins burning some serious powers and summons a massive iron-bound guardian, a skeletal golem like the bodyguards of her nightmare. It sizes up behind Charlotte and blocks the hall, looming auras and intimidating Marks delivered.

: As Charlotte brandishes her blade to evoke powers against the two brawlers the skull-faced helmet illuminates with a nuclear glow.

: "Hamedo!" Before Charlotte can act he thrusts a hand forward and invokes a split second vacuum pulse that violently explodes. Attak can only hear his teammates gasping and an explosion. Jubilette wrestles around with him, pausing briefly to calcify her hand around his throat and anchor it. The rest of her leans to one side and inhales a consumable that dissolves into her chest like a commercial mint.

--Jubilette turns a cool violet! Attak can feel his feet weighed down, drawn to the earth! The air is spritzed with a scent of wine! What is Attak gonna do!?

[ ] Overpower Jubilette, full Kord style.
[ ] Talk it out. These guys shouldn't be working for lizards.
[ ] Flirt it out. I can tame the foul mouthed tart
[ ] Buck expectations and do something clever, to change circumstances (feel free to elaborate)
[ ] Void a port
[ ] Other(charsheet, power, items, persona)
[ ] Freeform (elaborate)

quote:

Plutonis: *slams [X] FLIRT*
LAY: jerkflirt it out
Socker: [X] Overpower Jubilette, full Kord style.
Mirthless: like you guys know how in an rpg there's a point sometimes where you get a prompt to do something you really shouldn't do and it's obvious and it causes a game over when an npc just completely chumps your whole party in a scripted boss fight? like charlotte is right there man i'm just saying [X] Overpower, but it's for big sis! It's for her sake!
mortify: [x] Overpower, no one hurts my ladies.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 9, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

: As .Attak languishes under the oppressive press of Jubilette's full body hold, his snout stuck between red wine mounds on either side, Takashi instinctively checks to make sure his microphone is set to push to talk. His higher instincts overtake the baser as he observes a disturbing absence of sound from the South! Bringing his chin down to his own chest he shatters the stone grip of the sultry slime and focuses. "You almost had me, my bubbly beau.."

: Her entire mass quivers with mocking laughter. "Almost? You dumb poo poo, you jumped right in!" As .Attak attempts to manifest a sojourn to another reality he is firmly anchored, Jubilette's body serving as a living dimensional block! Her traditional searing acid touch has been overtaken by an arcane force attempting to separate the molecular links in .Attak's matter! "Hahahahahahaha!"

: (PARTY) "Hey, is everything alright? ... Takano? .. Akane?"

: Gritting his teeth, Attak sits up, his upper body peeling Jubilette's oversized mass clean off the floor, pseudopods and all snapping from superior force. (SAY)"Yeah.. almost. It's been fun, Jubi." With pure application of an Athletics Check into a Strength Check through Kord's Blessing, Attak raises his arms and disconnects Jubilette's sticky embrace from himself almost entirely! Only his paws are still touching, gripping her generous waist. With a mighty caber tossing motion Attak sends Jubilette sailing at least 20 squares away back towards the West, the wicked wench crashing into the wall and bursting intensely on impact into a wide spread splat, like a giant tomato!

: "gently caress YOU MOTHERFUCC-" *THWUMP*

: Attak exhales through the snout in satisfaction and wheels around, dashing towards the Southern hall at full speed!

--As he rounds the corner he comes across two disasters playing out side by side!

: Charlotte is flanked between Grimm, the large green lizard from the initial pack, and with her back to a wall! The purple-blue-black burns of arcane energy criss cross both foes, though only the big reptile is bloodied.

: Royal is being backed down the entry hallway by Sunder, who triumphantly vivisects(or scatters and clatters) the half blown out remains of her bone golem, expending multiple slashes to put him down for good. Channeling a new set of smaller skellingtons and feverishly playing her guitar and at least three incense burners, Royal mends wounds across herself, the party, and hexes the area around her.

: Charlotte calls upon a larger manifestation but is interrupted again by Grimm closing to her and using a forceful nuclear blast from both forearms, delivered as a melee thrust. This sends Charlotte back into the wall and drills her so hard that she leaves a small crater in her own silhouette! Raising a hand to .Attak, Charlotte's shimmering magical defenses are clearly cracking apart into fading ethereal debris. "Help my sister!"

: Barking from across the hall, Royal punctuates herself with a guitar riddle. "Help oneesan!"

--What's a dog to do?

[ ] Help Charlotte and intercept Grimm
[ ] Help Royal and intercept Sunder
[ ] .. Try both! (Shenanigans, elaborate)
[ ] Address both enemies! (Intimidate)
[ ] Other (item, power, persons, etc, elaborate)
[ ] Freeform idea (elaborate)

A burning red option emerges, held upright by the threads of Fate!

[X] Use Tactical Withdrawal(Fate)

This is automatically added to the choice voted on from above! Attak gets serious!

quote:

Socker: [X] Try both! Rush Grimm and hit him with the Tactical Withdrawal to let Charlotte reposition, then charge into the back of Sunder!
LAY: (What socker said sounds good!)
Mirthless: yeah that sounds like a good idea so +1

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 9, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Bump for future quotes

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Bump for future quotes

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(My thanks to everyone for enduring this wait. Initially things were going on in multiple parallel conversations in Discord that I intended to neatly transfer to the thread within 2 months at the most. Then 2020 happened as well as some personal loss of my inner fire, necessitating another long break. Then again, it took seven months during/after Other City, didn't it? Ah well. Thanks to my players and luck willing any lurking readers. I'll provide recaps and then things are back to normal pace, ideally.)

PREVIOUSLY ON DIGITAL DEVIL WORLDS...

The party ventured to the Other Shore for a culmination of shadows and emotions originating from their friend, Akane, leading to a confrontation with a secondary group of antagonists working in the shadow of ORDER. Bishop(Adachi) and Braxienne(Allison) as well as Hiro(Kane) fought the party with the use of a weapons grade summoning scroll, conjuring up a primal Demon lord. Your math teacher, Adachi, has sided with you following the distinct treachery of Allison and Kane and you were able to help the Hattori sisters. In the wake of everything the two guilds Ailuridae(or the Red Panda Appreciation Society, a seemingly benign casual hang out guild) and ORDER(or the Order of the Divine Way, your traditionally ostentatious try-hard world-first guild title) have dissolved. It is clear that you can't trust White_Blade, the guild leader of Ailuridae any further, and that the heads of ORDER are all well aware of the Game and actively scheming against each other. If nothing else Isabella the Controller and Thaddeus the Striker are well-prepared to make their own bids for winning the zero-sum prize. You don't know them in real life or what they would wish for... but you find that their online personas aren't good indications of what to expect.

Summary Post of past Isabella conversations.

---

Akio discovering Isabella's Keylogger Part 1, Part 2

Tsukiyo meeting Genjuro Part 1, Part 2

Dragonsblood raiding Noriko's Mindscape Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Akio and Noriko meeting Anne and Shio at Nekketsu Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

Shiokaze Kidnapped!

Meeting with Isabella, Full Accusations Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

Itsumi and Hiroko Adventure Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Noriko and Akio Spying on Mister Adachi Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Tsukiyo breaks into Genjuro's Condo Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11,
Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15

Takashi, Akane and Takano raiding a Dragonsblood Mindscape Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 (Ongoing)

---

(These posts are still being cleaned up but I will summarize their plot threads in my next post Friday night.)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 27, 2020

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Making a date edit: Shiokaze Kidnapped occurs on Friday, June 12, meaning that the Sunday deadline occurs on Sunday, June 14. This is to give some breathing room between events, as that will be a side scene playing out in Discord and not tethered to a hard time it occurs between other events.)

(I also need to edit a scene closure from earlier, with Noriko, Akane and Akio Spying on Mr Adachi.)

(And finally I will continue steadily touching up the earlier linked scenes. I also plan to expand past this post to some surprises for the Online side of things. And I still need to finish Takashi's online raid scene, though it is safe to assume the outcome was HATES THADDEUS.)

---

Akio, Noriko: (Scene Finish for Spying on Mr Adachi.)

: As Noriko and Akio console Dahlia and peer through the sensitive information she was able to photograph with Akio's phone, Akane in her full-punk disguise carefully creeps closer to the Adachi household as your teacher closes the front door and heads in.

: "Ah, Mitsuki? Kenji? Where are you?"

(note to self: update pogs) Adachi Mitsuki: "RIKU! You'll never believe what happened..!" The lady of the house thunders downstairs, enshrouded in full menacing aura!

: "Nin-nin.." Akane hides by the front door and windows and reaches up, fondling her own chin with both hands until a little ethereal *fwish* precedes her fingers shifting through her own skin. She gently lifts up a shimmering visage of her own skull and guides the wisp to phase most of the way into the wall.

---

: A few moments later Akane rejoins Noriko and Akio, giving Akio a big showy hug around one arm and a friends kiss on the cheek. "I got it~!" Alongside real life contact information for Thaddeus, you obtain a time and date for Mister Adachi meeting with Allison. A spycraft success! The three of you get away before Mr Adachi's description of your oddities might lead his formidable wife to look for you.

---

The Week of June 8-14
Music

Monday, Everyone, At School, Lunch: A great deal of information has passed between the lot of you. Takashi has confronted and seen the extent of Thaddeus' nascent elite goons and other outsiders Isabelle has drawn together to help him. Akio has an uncomfortable ultimatum hanging over his head to meet with her, where the same Isabelle will tell him how to destroy Thaddeus, yet it feels nothing good can come from a meeting he has been extorted into attending. Tsukiyo has drifted away from the group yet is in deep, discovering how deep the strange new ties Genjuro has with unknown assailants willing to use force and blackmail to control others. Now Tsukiyo has your Overseer Redd Hott over a barrel after exposing her as another spy on your group, forcing her to return the favor and spy on her own taskmasters, yet will likely be called to attend them as well, forcing Tsukiyo to keep up the same facade. At least Jun and Manami are able to help her with that. Akio and Noriko have pulled together a surprising amount of information, including a chance to spy on Mr Adachi meeting with Isabelle's best goon, Allison, before a planned departure? And a great boon, real life contact info for the med school big-brained college student behind the lizard-brained Thaddeus. And last but not least, Itsumi has come upon other non-ORDER guild figures flexing muscle all the way into real life, including with gangster ties! Do <Fishy Gits> send others to sleep with fishes?!

You've been through a lot after being drawn into this scheming duel by Takamura. Maybe he doesn't entirely deserve justice for his murder, yet however you feel about it, it is clear that remaining in the game will bring you into worse confrontations.

---

Akio, Itsumi, Noriko, Takashi: There's still no sign of Kane returning to school. Akio finds himself unofficially drafted into the Hattoris confidence with Noriko. Takano catches Takashi in the hall and Itsumi at the Student Council room, beckoning to her boyfriend sweetly that she has a surprise and confidently inviting Itsumi to share her own discoveries with the others. The first thing at stake, however, is the group sharing information... and the immediate decision of what to do with the hottest piece of information discovered.

: Eating cleanly and deliberately from a homemade lunch, senpai watches Akio and Noriko as she leads the conversation. ".. To say I disapprove of your improvisation would ruin suspension of disbelief faster than the last Skull Blaster movie, so we'll drop it. I want you to tell me what you're thinking of doing." Her gaze is firm, serious. You know she's tasked you to spy on Adachi, so the question of the follow-up is inevitable, simply a matter of being there on the proper date and time.

: Grabbing a handful of her matching lunch from the stylish box with a few extra cookies set on the side, Akane ruins the proper caloric value of this meal by sipping on a bottled sweet tea. "You wanted us to take initiative! Well, if we catch Thaddy without his goon squad and kick his rear end, that's like ripping the head off the dragon!"

: "It's more of a hydra here."

: "Pfft, with 2 heads, maybe. We'd be halfway there." Akane looks over to Akio, then Takashi, then Noriko and winks at each before making a chopping motion with her hand to the center of the table. "And it's the worst head, too!"

---

Tsukiyo: It feels like forever since you could do this, to sit down next to...

: "Tsuki!" Miho is extra bubbly in the last week, still burning with the passion from Other Shore. "How was your weekend?" Right, the time Tsukiyo almost died entombed in an air conditioning vent. That weekend. "Did you do anything fun?! I really miss having you guys over at the Inn.." She breaks a pair of chopsticks and bows her head with a classic itadakimasu before starting into a little beef bowl.

Usually Manami would join your group but she's called out sick today. Considering Jun's vagrancy and recent developments it is hard to be surprised.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Akio // Monday, June 8th - Lunch

"You've got that right," Akio agrees, minding his table manners as he speaks. "Thaddeus is a pig and I'd enjoy kicking his rear end, but it might be a mistake to take him on before we know what Isabelle is planning. It's like she wants us to clash," he says with a frown. "On the other hand, if we defeat him before when she's making me meet her in person, well, she can't very well keep threatening me to tell Thaddeus our home addresses and identities if he's no longer in the game, right? On the other, other hand, I might end up learning something useful from that meeting, but I doubt it's going to be freely given." He sighs and picks up his chopsticks and continues eating from his homemade lunch with plenty of meat and rice.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - June 8th, Lunch

Tsukiyo gives a weak wave towards Miho after finding her in the cafeteria, heading towards her seat and putting her bento lunch next to her. When her girlfriend asks about the fateful events of the last weekend, however, the samurai girl spends almost an entire minute in awkward silence, trying to find the best possible way to avoid explaining that she not only faced death on Gen's apartment but also had a terrible nightly rendezvous with Eri which ended with the latter's abduction and interrogation. "I caught up in homework." is the chosen excuse before she starts to eat from her own food box. "The Inn, huh... did something weird happened on the beach since that day, by the way? I was worried that I might have dragged you into trouble..."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The Week of June 8-14, School Lunch
Music

Akio, Itsumi, Noriko, Takashi: Akane nods along until Takano sets her dish down a bit hard, causing a sudden startling noise.

: "It is exactly what she wants, the trick is to figure out why so we can foil it! And I don't like you going to see her because she has to have that planned out too. Everything she does is to a specific end, she plays every situation the same way. Never engages without victory being assured, never commits anything that isn't already temporary, never saw an exploit she didn't like." Senpai sizes Akio up and then her features soften with heartfelt concern. "Drawing you in isn't spur of the moment or coincidental. You're in real trouble."

: "So beat up Thadd, take both their teeth out." Akane peers over to her sister with puppy dog eyes, then tries to get serious. ".. Well, we should at least go snoop on him too. That is the most mature and least risky "confrontation", right?! And he's a walking catalogue of ego disorders, he has to screw up and leak something!" The sisters look to the rest of you for input and conversation. Now is the time to make a plan of action!

Tsukiyo: A beat passes between the two of you as Miho rests her hands, looking directly at Tsukiyo with concern and just a touch of disbelief.

: She exhales through her nose and looks bemused. "Tsuki-chan is still a bad liar. But.. I don't wanna push you." She eats contentedly. "Is Manami-chan OK?"

---

Online, Some Night This Week

Everyone: Logging into Digital Devil Worlds to unwind, chat, take stock of things or just alter your load outs you all become aware that your Mindscapes are unusually popular recently, extra crowded tonight.

: In each of your Velvet Rooms Shikome speaks, sharing her general sentiment with your group but in five subtly different tones, including accounting for Tsukiyo being divided from the others. "Ambrose, there's four people spending all hours of the day at your library.." "Mister Attack, your ship is crowded every night, including right now!" "Miss Bright, there's something weird going on in your little town.." "Mori-chan! I think your recruitment ad got a lot of feedback!" "Ah.. uhm, Miss Flagelo, there's a few people bearing arms at your shrine.."

To Everyone: "And whenever you're ready, I know you'd want to clear out some of the money you made in the Other Shore! Teufelsbrucke is open to you and.." Your little attendant bats her blue-velvelt sleeves together, too long for her hands by about six inches. "Nobody could take you in a fight, even in a griefer zone!" She looks up from beneath her extra long sea of white hair and beams with pride.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

"I know, Takano-senpai. She said she was going to make me taste defeat," Akio says with a pained grimace, then looks over at Akane. "I like the idea of snooping on Thaddeus, but let's put off beating him up for now. I don't want to play into Isabelle's hand if we can avoid it."

"I'm concerned about what Kane is up to as well, I haven't seen him since the school trip. He never invited me over to his place when we used to hang out, but he told me he lived alone with his mother. I'm guessing he's not living there anymore, but it might be worth going over to speak with his mother to see if she knows anything?"

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Bibliotheca Argentea

"All hours of the day? Their thirst for knowledge must be great indeed," Ambrose says sarcastically. "Thank you for bringing it to my attention, Shikome. I better go see for myself what they are up to." He gets up from his desk and heads for the teleporter in his office. "I'll coordinate with the others regarding Teufelsbrucke later, I've got my shopping list written already." He steps onto the pad and teleports down to the communal area of his mindscape and starts looking for the quartet.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Argh." Tsukiyo looks down, immediately struck with guilt once her bluff is called out. "S-sorry, I've been through a real lot lately, especially with trying to look into the stuff that happened last night... But yeah, me and Manami have been in touch, and she's fine. I think. She should be here, shouldn't her?" She fiddles a bit with her phone, sending a message to her... and another to Itsumi.

To Itsumi posted:

Tsukiyo: Hey
Tsukiyo: Need to tell you some poo poo that happened
Tsukiyo: Still pissed off with Akio and others
Tsukiyo: So just us, k

To Manami posted:

Tsukiyo: R u with Jun?

Flagelo - Velvet Room

"What is it now, more Hattori toadies trying to mess around?" Of course, that would be the best possible scenario. The worst of course could be that word of Eri's failure could have gone out and "Mister X" have sent people to scout her out. In either case, she'll meet them head on. "Yeah, I guess I can take anyone on ORDER head-on, can I? I'd like it to be the truth, but... going alone is going to be hard..."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi listens for a break in the action before revealing what happened with the man at the Pier, "Hey, uh... so I went and saved this guy at the pier after listening in on the police scanner for anyone in trouble... Anyway, it turns out he was being harassed but a bunch of yakuza-like people. They were shaking him down because he borrowed gold from his guild, 'Fishy Gits', and then quit. Do any of you know anything about that guild, other than its awful name?"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko -- Monday, June 8th - Lunch

"I don't like how easy it was to find him and I don't like how obviously set up this is." Noriko shakes her head, pushing away a mostly demolished lunch tray. "For right now, if you ask me, we should do -nothing- with this information and assume it's an outright falsehood pointing us directly to our deaths. The only thing we learned, for sure from our little outing was that Adachi is a liar who can't be trusted. Until we know what he's up to, I can't trust that any information originating from him wasn't planted there to hurt us."

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 2, 2020

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Our good friend Mortify is stepping out so Takashi will be NPC'd.)

School, Lunch

: "Was is that easy? I thought you were sent to watch him, not break into his house."

: "I understand not trusting Sensei, but it doesn't follow that he could lay a trap for you if he doesn't know you're going into his bedroom. Maybe if he was truly paranoid.."

: Akane peers over to Akio, looking his lunch over for a second before focusing on him. "I thought Isabelle was going to sic you guys on Thadd anyway. I can see how it works.. we hate the guy, so just wind us up and set us loose? I mean.." she peers over to Noriko, typically saucy eyebrows reversed in arches of concern. "She had to know you'd run into him at the Fortune House. Maybe.. maybe that was set up the entire way? And that little poo poo attacked you!"

: "While I agree that attacking him is pushing our luck.. currently.. we should still gather information. No engagements.." Senpai looks down her nose at Akio and Noriko in then. Then Akane, who lets out a shrill eep! "And no extra adventures. Look up his social media and spy on him?" She straightens up a bit, squaring her shoulders. "It would take a few who can pass as college students, if he is living on dorm. I believe I would qualify.. and could keep group safety at a premium."

: Having lost track of his lunch briefly to watch Takano, Takashi boots back to awareness, imitates the squaring up motion and speaks with confidence: "Then I'll be going too!"

: ".. and I want to know what we can do to help you, Akio. There's no suicide missions here."

Akane leans over to grip Akio's arm to lend him assurance. And to lance part of his lunch with her sticks.

---

Tsukiyo:

: You get a quick text back from Manami: "Yeah! Where are you!? Don't tell me you're at school!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 1, 2021

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

(pretend this is in the same post as above)

Itsumi replies to Tsukiyo's text promptly:

quote:

> Sure
> Sounds good
> I'm still not sure I trust them all
> But we've gotta work with what we have, right?

---

(Still part of the above post)

Itsumi thinks for a second and responds to Akio, "I think I agree. Isabelle seems to be the more pressing concern here. He's just a horny dragon right now..."

---

(again, still above)

"Thanks, Shikome!" she says before connecting to her mindscape to investigate.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

To Itsumi posted:

Tsukiyo: K.
Tsukiyo: See you on the school entrance when class is over, I got no club activity today
Tsukiyo: A uhhh a lot of stuff happened

To Manami posted:

Tsukiyo: Er
Tsukiyo Yes...?

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

"I appreciate your concern," Akio replies to Takano even as his eyes are focused on Akane, giving her a dirty look as she pinches some of his food in the least subtle way ever. "...but I'm not sure what to do about it." He cracks a smile, letting the little imp get away with her ill-gotten gains, then looks straight at Takano. "As I see it there's no way that I can avoid going to the meeting if we don't deal with Thaddeus in advance, which we've already established is something we don't want to do. We could try fortifying our homes, place down sentry wards and inscribe teleportation circles that'd let us rush to each other's aid, and so on, but no one knows better than you and I that there's no such thing as a perfect defense. Given enough time Thaddeus would find a vulnerability to exploit." He shakes his head. "It's better if I'm the only one that's exposed to danger, especially seeing as that creep has a fixation for Noriko in game." He turns his head to Noriko and looks at her with concern. "I don't think Isabelle intends to kill me, at least."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Music

Akio, At Bibliotheca Argentea:

As you teleport into your own grand library you come upon a set of four figures of impressively high level, various auras and multi-layered enchantments pulsing raw magical energy from each of them. They are quite at home, poring over the most advanced tomes in your Mindscape. Based upon your own knowledge and experiences these would be detailing the anatomy of greater constructs, undead and outsiders. As you arrive they gradually take notice!

: Fatal_Flame is a striking tiefling man, nearly naked, his very presence increasing the temperature of the room. An infernal presence is obvious, undoubtedly a Warlock. "Ahh, Sir Ambrose greets us! It is an honor, sir!" He rises and pulls off a full body bow to the floor, where his horns clink against the tile.

: A fully monstrous Gorgon by the name of Zzztheno does not get up from a luxury recliner, sunken into it with snakes draped over the top. "It really is about time. We've been ever so eager to answer your invitation, Master."

: Opting for the floor a copper Dragonborn in tribal pelts and ornaments is larger than humans but not the hulking giant you'd expect from the lizard-brained Dragonsblood goons. He is unguilded and simply known as <Radiant> Huitzil. He sits up and brings his palms together, bowing his head respectfully. "Lord Ambrose."

: The odd one out is recognizable as <Nasty> Noxia, the green-scaled dragonborn seen with Thaddeus in Noriko's Mindscape, and the girl Isabelle fingered as owning Barnabus. Indeed, she has the fat owl as her in-game familiar, sitting on the chair she briefly ducks behind. She slowly rises and bows her head quietly towards you, her guild tag conspicuously absent.

Itsumi, at Sunny Swenett:

All seems well in your sunflower ringed city. Exactly the sort of friendly, inviting place that players of all levels should feel free to stop by and unwind, do some socializing, some trading, some group finding. Shikome mentioned things had grown strange around here. As you pass through the city nothing seems amiss at all. Some people even pass and greet you warmly..

Passive Perception, Itsumi: Your digital bags suddenly feel a semi-random number of coins lighter. Your senses aren't sharp enough to catch who did it but you can see a short figure quickly rounding into an alley, breaking into a run after their disciplined walk to the corner!

Noriko, at The Garden of Persephone: At the Garden you find things have been reconstructed, so to speak. Nothing spells "garden of the dead" like large black trees regrowing from the ashes of Thaddeus' shenanigans. Waiting for you in the publicly accessible parts is a large brooding pact of ah.. a certain flavor of player, many with role-playing addons flags, titles and profiles waiting to be read by curious onlookers, but mostly each other. Several stand out as particularly high level, Epic or close to it.

Old style demons, brooding boys(oh, Akane is missing out!), bloody clerics, dark knights, stylish vampires and a strange one, a Gold-Scale Dragonborn Paladin. Maybe she got lost looking for ORDER or some holy-themed undead fighting clown show. They all respectfully and reverently watch you, waiting for you to speak... a bit too long, in fact. But then again your call did indicate a heavy roleplay tag!

Takashi, at The Drifter:

The imposingly large .attak joins his familiar airship arena, spying a set of strange customers waiting for something. As they all rise at the sight of him, it's an easy guess what it was.

Tsukiyo, at the Tower of Victory:

You find four players paired off into two active PvP duels sparring at the foots of the temple. A wild bunch to be sure, all high level and full of vigor and very active, very deliberate efforts to truly win. There is no casual engagement or play here. You're sure if you could hear them their mice and keyboards would be clicking furiously.

A harpie lashes at a drill-handed man with the talons of her feet, sparks flying with each pass. A cocksure archer kites a relentless bull-headed man of a towering, stout frame brandishing a heavy mace and thick blade. And closest to you is somebody startled by your appearance, turning around and shivering nervously.

: A Kobold! ... A level 3 Kobold! Frederickson <Aspiring Hero> bows repeatedly to Tsukiyo, backing away as she advances to stay out of her path! "G-G-Good evening, Miss Flagello! Wow! I can't believe I can s-s-see you! Y-you must be s-s-so busy, hahahaha.." It's a mystery how scales can sweat but Fred is managing, rubbing the back of his head. He looks wildly outclassed, wearing a simple leather armor and cloak set with bog standard short sword and light shield.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 29, 2021

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Bibliotheca Argentea

"I'm pleased to see there's an audience for the advanced topics. Welcome to my library." Ambrose regards each of the four in turn and acknowledges them with a small nod. As he gets to Noxia his eyes linger on her with a sharp stare for a moment. For what reason had she come here? She seemed to realize she was placing herself at risk. No guild tag? Interesting.

Ambrose breaks off his stare and looks over to the Gorgon, Zzztheno, and arches an eyebrow. "My invitation? I don't recall sending one."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo - Tower of Victory

Ahh, yeah, people are coming here in droves to fight, huh. Maybe picking on someone for sparring could help her vent some steam. But... it seems a little lizard is on the way. Gosh, how long has it been that she was level three? Despite it only been a few months or so she felt that four years have passed since then, with so much stuff to deal with! "Hm... Oh. Yo. You looking for someone to spar with?" She says while giving a friendly wave to the Kobold.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Withered Garden of Persephone

Though death had come to the garden once again, the shambling processions of spirits continued to move onward, as if nothing had been disturbed. Memento-Mori moves among the throng, lingering before the group of strangers, but her avatar has a strange, shadowy quality to it.

A Shade of Persephone, Lost to Spring: "...again, death comes to the garden. an inevitable end, hastened by another futile gesture. in her absence, the garden may wither..."

Her avatar flickers and fades, and a thick fog rolls over the valley, consuming the spirits and closing in around the group, leaving only the space they are standing in. When the fog clears, the group has shifted deeper into the instance, standing on a bridge over a frozen river just beginning to thaw. A Torii gate looms ahead, but a heavy mist obscures the path. Something stirs in the river below.

Corpses flow downstream at a steady rate, unimpeded by the ice flowing around them. As the strangers look down into the water, one of the corpses slows, opening it's eyes. She rises up from the water.

At first in a daze, she shortly becomes aware of her surroundings, making her way to the shore. Shaking weeks or perhaps months of accumulated snow from a nearby tree, she pulls a frozen shrine maiden's robe from the branches, donning it before making her way to the bridge.

Callista, <River Guide> gestures towards the river. "Do you see how they clog the shores? We must drink of it to live. We must rely on it's bounty to feed our families. Yet it takes lives without mercy... An overflowing river, a breaking dam, a tsunami or typhoon... even so much as a slippery rock on an isolated shore. And as surely as the water may take life, it may give it anew. Each of these lost souls did not go to waste. The sea thrives on the bounty they provide. The cycle continues." She turns towards a red Torii gate, and a path up the mountains. Without saying another word, she moves up the path.

The mountain path gives way to snowed over forests, trees stripped of bark and scorched, but still showing signs of life. At times, the trail disappears, Callista scrabbling up a rock or through a bush, only occasionally slowing to make sure the others were keeping pace. Crossing a narrow land bridge, she leads them into a clearing, a path in the forest.

A natural gate in the forest, bound with rope stands dormant. Callista places her hand upon one of the trees. "Winter can not rule the land forever. From death comes new life. The ashes of the fire of autumn and melting snows of winter bring forth the bounty of spring. Life, as inexorable as death." The gate springs to life.

Looking at them expectantly, she gestures towards the gate. "Well? She's waiting for you."

Moving deeper into the instance, they arrive at a grove of cherry blossoms, fully in bloom, lush growth unimpeded by the cold or the ice they are rooted in. Birds crowd the tree branches, little black birds with shiny feathers and inquisitive eyes. Jays, jackdaws, rooks, magpies, and of course, many, many crows and ravens. Each pair of eyes is intently locked on the party of travelers as they gather in the center of the grove.

"Live your life while you have it. Make the most of what you have. And remember that you will die. Good luck." Callista turns and heads back down the path, leaving them alone in the clearing, as the birds begin to stir in the trees overhead. One by one, they take to the sky, gradually circling one another and tightening formation until they begin to coalesce into a solid mass...

[Area Broadcast]: Persephone comes to her garden. Winter falls upon the earth, as spring returns to the underworld.

Memento-Mori appears before the group, fully manifested in her new avatar. Hovering in the air above, she looks down the mountain below. With a snap of her fingers, the lush growth expands outwards from the sakura grove, sweeping down the valley. Structures seem to grow forth as freely as trees and flowers, and in moments the entire glacier range is full of life again.

"Welcome to my garden, outsiders. Thank you for accepting my invitation. I apologize for the mess that has been made of my home, and for any trouble you had in reaching this grove. My garden is a shrine to the endless cycle - birth, death, and the life that springs from it. A place to contemplate the true meaning and value of death. Each of you has your reasons for coming here today. Who are you? Why do you want to become Nokanshi?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Text to Tsukiyo posted:

> Sure, I'll see you there

Itsumi shows up promptly to the meeting place with Tsukiyo, greeting her warmly as she arrives, "Hey, Tsuki-chan, what's up?"

---

Itsumi's mindscape

As soon as she notices the thief's presence, she blinks towards them in rapid succession, hoping to appear right in front of them, causing them to run into her.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Icchan!" Tsukiyo waves warmly at her, crossing her arms and letting out a drawn sigh. "Yeah, there's uh... some stuff I got to tell you that happened since the Beach incident. I... didn't had anyone else to contact without making it too awkward, you know. But yeah, I did some... 'research' with Manami and Jun and well..." She begins to brief Itsumi in detail about their invasion plan on Genjuro's apartment, what happened there and the consequences which followed, leading up to the encounter with Eri/Redd and her being 'recruited' by them as a double agent in the operations of the 'Mastermind'...

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Placeholder Bump)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Doomykins posted:

(Placeholder Bump)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008