Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goldberg should get squashed in his next match against

Slapjack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Slapjack

*chanting*
SLAAAAAPJAAAAACK
SLAAAAAPJAAAAACK
SLAAAAAPJAAAAACK

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*speaking normally*
SLAAAAAPJAAAAACK
SLAAAAAPJAAAAACK
SLAAAAAPJAAAAACK

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shinjobi posted:

Slapjack

No joke, they'll probably bring back Goldberg, and in his first spot, have him take out Retribution

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Real talk isn't Goldberg one of the only people they have who's a legitimate draw at this point?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How is the Otis and Tucker feud going?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Davros1 posted:

No joke, they'll probably bring back Goldberg, and in his first spot, have him take out Retribution
Goldberg is infinitely cooler than retribution and also everyone else on the WWE roster, so that would be a great idea

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
"my move", the football tackle

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealFoxy posted:

I don't think for a second the brand split is part of their issue when they've got rosters of upwards of 50 people on every brand with the same ~12 appearing constantly and everyone else is just used as jobbers or extras.

When Smackdown initially moved to Tuesday’s and they legitimately tried to use everyone on their roster it kind of worked. They even found something amusing for Eva Marie to do for a short while and tried to utilized every woman in the roster in a storyline.

But the problem was still that the roster was limited and the fresh feuds eventually became stale when they wouldn’t move on.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Astro7x posted:

When Smackdown initially moved to Tuesday’s and they legitimately tried to use everyone on their roster it kind of worked. They even found something amusing for Eva Marie to do for a short while and tried to utilized every woman in the roster in a storyline.

But the problem was still that the roster was limited and the fresh feuds eventually became stale when they wouldn’t move on.

That was the absolute last time WWE felt like "hmm they could use a few more guys". Then a few months later came the indypocalypse where they signed everybody on earth that isnt on AEW right now.

But seriously tho, how is that Otis vs Tucker feud going?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's going about as good as the Big E singles push.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JT Smiley posted:

It's going about as good as the Big E singles push.

Excuse me, his name is Big Excellent.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

This is very good.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Speaking of dropped angles, is Lars back to not being on TV already?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dashing to the show
So we can entertain
O'er the ropes we'll go
Hope I land on Kane!
Funk is on a roll
When you step into that ring
Yes! No! Yes! No! Okay, yes!
I'm not gonna sing!

Oh, ring the bell! Ring the bell!
Season's here no doubt!
We won't stop until we win
Or I'm gonna knock you out!
We go out to compete
All alone or in a pair
I can't eat enough red meat!
We fly through the air!

I'm the best in this whole world!
I know that is not true
Excuse me! Don't you start a fight!
Can you dig it? You sing too!

Oh, ring the bell! Ring the bell!
We hope that your inspired
If you aren't entertained,
Vince will say, "YOU'RE FIRED!!"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I don't know if they did this on EVERY draft, but it feels like they did:

Everyone fantasy books about what dudes/factions could benefit from a change, they get four minutes in a battle royal for #1 contender for the secondary belt, then they just sit in catering on a different night of the week than last month

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DeepDickPizza posted:

I loving hope so.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

skaboomizzy posted:

I don't know if they did this on EVERY draft, but it feels like they did:

Everyone fantasy books about what dudes/factions could benefit from a change, they get four minutes in a battle royal for #1 contender for the secondary belt, then they just sit in catering on a different night of the week than last month

I’m really surprised that they have not added somebody to New Day by this point, TBH. That would be the one thing nobody wants, but would be a total WWE thing to shake things up.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Astro7x posted:

I’m really surprised that they have not added somebody to New Day by this point, TBH. That would be the one thing nobody wants, but would be a total WWE thing to shake things up.

its gonna be otis

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They had Kevin Owens in the new day and it was pretty cool

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Keith Lee joining the New Day as a happy dancing fat man makes so much Vince-sense I'm shocked it hasn't happened already

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tucker's last singles match was losing to Ricochet lmao

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

Keith Lee joining the New Day as a happy dancing fat man makes so much Vince-sense I'm shocked it hasn't happened already

The Funkasaurus Rex

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Did the Lucha House Party finish breaking up?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sorry, I don't recognize who that is unless you say "THE FREAK" every other word.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Results 12/9:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • NXT Champion Finn Balor opened the show. He was interrupted by Pete Dunne, Kyle O'Reilly and Damian Priest. The latter three argued and Balor left and was confronted by Scarlett, and told her that when Karrion Kross was ready to come back Balor would be waiting for him.
  • Killian Dain jumped Pete Dunne during a backstage interview.
  • Jake Atlas defeated Isaiah "Swerve" Scott in a singles match. Scott refused to shake hands post-match.
  • Tommaso Ciampa cut a promo on Cameron Grimes.
  • The Grizzled Young Veterans won a triple threat tag with Ever-Rise and Imperium. James Drake got the pin on Chase Parker from Ever-Rise.
  • Toni Storm and Io Shirai got into a brawl backstage that ended up out in the ring. Storm tried to escape but was thrown back into the ring by Ember Moon.
  • Tommaso Ciampa defeated Cameron Grimes in a singles match despite Thatcher being at ringside and Tyler Rust literally getting into the ring and fighting with Ciampa.
  • Grimes confronted Thatcher post-match and Thatcher put him into an ankle lock.
  • Xia Li and Boa were being tortured somewhere.
  • NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano introduced his new faction "My Way", which features Johnny, his wife Candice, Indi Hartwell and accused child groomer Austin Theory. Damian Priest tried to interrupted but was attacked by a returning Karrion Kross, who then escaped in a car.
  • Malcolm Bivens offered to be Tyler Rust's manager.
  • Pete Dunne defeated Killian Dain in a singles match after interference by Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch, and a failed attempt to help by Drake Maverick.
  • KUSHIDA volunteered to be Leon Ruff's partner against Johnny Gargano and Austin Theory next week.
  • Raquel Gonzalez defeated Ember Moon in a singles match.
  • Rhea Ripley stopped Toni Storm from assaulted Ember post-match, and the show ended with Rhea and Raquel squaring off.
  • Show Related Posts here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 10, 2020

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8vzTsnPps

So did Candice break her arm or what?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tyler Rust

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

quote:

Malcolm Bivens offered to be Tyler Rust's manager.

I assume this is the fake insert for the week. Those names can’t be real

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Malcolm Bivens is very good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Miss Stokely "Chuck "Big Stoke" Taylor" Hathaway.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

wwe has had stokely hathaway under contract for almost two years and they still haven't figured out anything to do with him

i remember this sometimes and get deeply upset

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

John Dudebro posted:

wwe has had stokely hathaway under contract for almost two years and they still haven't figured out anything to do with him

i remember this sometimes and get deeply upset

Wasn't he managing a tag team?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
that sure sounds like a wrestling show technically occurred

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's a shame Ember Moon isn't somewhere better

bartok
May 10, 2006

Senerio posted:

Malcolm Bivens is very good.

If he is so good why is he on NXT?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Orange Carlisle posted:

It's a shame Ember Moon isn't somewhere better

Sadly it's either this or be on Dynamite once every 3 months if she's lucky.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

Sadly it's either this or be on Dynamite once every 3 months if she's lucky.

You're not wrong but hopefully that problem eventually works itself out when AEW has an extra hour or two of TV each week. Right now with a packed roster it has to be tough getting anybody television time with one show a week.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Alaois posted:

Tyler Rust

I can't believe they signed Russ Taylor and Alex Zayne just to gently caress with the NJPW USA studio show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
:lmao: so much for the Snoop/Taker collab shirts

https://twitter.com/ToruYanoFanAcct/status/1336878302808559616?s=20

for those who don't know, it was announced on Dynamite that Snoop will be guest-commentating on an upcoming AEW show