Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gx5MZy-L2Q

This will be a 5-player game, following the standard rules with a few exceptions to make online play easier.
If you’re not familiar with the game, you can read up on the rules here. They’re pretty straightforward.

Here’s the basic run-down on how PBF works:

1) Whenever you are playing any cards that are not revealed to the other players (e.g. searching, playing into a crisis) this will be done via PM. You must have this to play.
2) Rather than players reading crossroad cards, I will manage these during player turns and will let you know if the effect has been triggered.
3) At the start of player turns, I will roll all dice and post the results in the thread. Players take turns consecutively, but on your turn you can post all actions that you wish to take simultaneously using the following format:

<character><dice><action> OR
<character><action> OR
Play <card> OR
Play X cards into crisis (and send me a PM of the actual cards) OR
<Other action>

For example, your turn might look something like

quote:

Ashley - move to Library
Ashley (5) Search at Library
Ashley – Special action barricade at library
Buddy (3) Kill zombie at colony, entrance 1
Buddy (1) Clean waste
Play Medicine card on Buddy to remove frostbite
Play 2 cards into crisis
4) Whenever you search with a character, if you are searching for a particular type of item and don’t mind making additional noise, please send me a PM along with your turn actions to let me know how many additional searches you are willing to make to try and find that type of item. E.g. you could send me a PM when you search at the hospital stating “I wish to make up to 2 extra noise in order to find a medicine card”. This will speed up the back and forth that can take place over searching.
5) You can specify conditional actions if necessary. For example, if on your turn you intend to move a character and then attack a zombie at the new location, you might wish to make this conditional on not taking damage on the exposure die. If so, post something like:

quote:

Edward – move to Police Station
Edward (4) Attack zombie if no damage taken this turn

I'm finding the other forum game I'm running is less taxing than I thought it might be, so I figured I'd get a second one up and running. Preference for spots will be given to people who wanted to join the first game but were not included. You can check out the current game here for an idea of how this runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
The other game looks fun, sign me up.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I want in.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
If there's room after the reserved people check in I'm in.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
I too wish to join in.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'd like to play if there is a slot.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Alright, that's 5 - let's do it.

First we need to pick a scenario. I'll let you guys choose this time, out of the following 3:

1. Home Sweet Home

Morale: 6
Rounds: 6
Setup: 12 zombies at the colony, 1 at each other location

Victory: There are 10 barricades at the colony, and 1 at each other location.

2. Stockpile

Setup: 18 zombies at the colony

Victory: 2 food tokens in the supply for each non-exiled player, 1 barricade at each colony entrance, and 2 medicine, 2 tool and 2 fuel cards discarded towards the objective (starter items do not count).

3. Find a Cure

Morale: 5
Setup: None

Victory: 2 medicine cards per player discarded towards the objective.

Vote for objective 1, 2 or 3

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

I vote 1.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Vote 1 as well.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Keep it simple. 1

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Well that was easy, we have a majority already. Will send out starter items, survivors and objectives shortly.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Objectives and starter items/survivors sent.

Bottom Liner, I just realised you don't have PMs. You'll need to buy the upgrade if you want to play - let me know what you want to do.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Can we post our choices already?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yep, survivor choices are public knowledge once made.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Made my choices.

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards yuou may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck

Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure

Rumda fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 31, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Well, there was me sending a PM for no reason. Here are my choices.

Ashley Ross (Leader) - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.

Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Here's mine:

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.

Maria Lopez - Teacher 48 4 2 School: (1+) Once per round you may kill a zombie at the school. Do not roll for exposure.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ugh I don't have PM and can't keep up with this apparently. Sorry, someone take my place.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sorry about that - the game uses quite a lot of hidden information (player hands, secret objectives etc) so it's not really possible to play it without it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to play but I've never played Dead of Winter or have the game. If you guys need one more I'd love to be that extra person.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sure, I've PM'd you your starting items, objectives and survivors. You need to pick 2 of the survivors as your starting following and we can get started. Check the rules in the OP if there's anything you're not sure about.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Time stamps seem like you already got your last player, but if you need a backup, I'll throw my hat in.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

quote:

Home Sweet Home
February 5th

All our hard work has rewarded us more than I could have hoped. Yesterday this was a refugee camp, and today it's an honest-to-God town. When people call it the Colony, there's no bitter irony in their voices, and that speaks volumes. Only problem is, all of our hard work has brought down a swarm of the dead upon us. Each day brings new invaders to our walls, and they wander the streets in town waiting for a living morsel to present itself. If we can just figure out a way to kill this swarm, build up our defenses and hopefully stop attracting more of them. Sure, we'll probably be dealing with stragglers for the rest of our days, but anything would be better than the horde we're dealing with now.

Food: 0
Crisis cards: 0
Waste: 0

Players

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Cards: 5
Dice: 6 5 6

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Maria Lopez - Teacher 48 4 2 School: (1+) Once per round you may kill a zombie at the school. Do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 2 6 6

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Dice: 1 1 2

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3.
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Dice: 2 3 6

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Dice: 2 4 3

Action queue: Rumda's turn

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Crisis 1: Legions of Death

Pass: 5 fuel cards
Fail: Add 12 zombies to the colony
Bonus: Get at least 7 fuel cards to gain 1 morale.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Well that's a thematic albeit rather lovely crisis to start with.

Rumda starts due to having the highest influence leader.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright so in terms of planning, I'm gonna keep Mike back in the colony on zombie-killing duty and send out someone to one of the fuel locations so that I can help with the fuel. This is one crisis we really don't want to fail.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was thinking of taking my survivors to help clear out entrance 1. I also have quite a few fuel cards I could chip in so that we could pass this crisis as long as someone else chips in 1 or 2. Thoughts?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Okay first things first;

Move Rod to the gas station and search with the 5.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Rod moves to the Gas Station, ignoring exposure
Rod searches. Card sent!

Keep or make noise?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

OK, I'm going to send Evans to the grocery store and put him on food duty, probably for as long as he lives. Ross is staying put as well. Building one barricade a turn means she is a non-factor on zombie appearance, with her high search value she's probably better suited to the Colony, building barricades with any dice that isn't good enough to search with Evans.

How much information can we give about our hands? "I can collaborate a lot?" or "I can provide 3 medicine cards to the crisis?"

Turtlicious posted:

I was thinking of taking my survivors to help clear out entrance 1. I also have quite a few fuel cards I could chip in so that we could pass this crisis as long as someone else chips in 1 or 2. Thoughts?

I'd be wary about rolling for exposure in the colony, at least with a non combat survivor. A bite can mean we lose a lot of people very fast. The ninja or the Sheriff have better odds, and using those looks like a better idea.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 1, 2014

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Okay not fuel but useful keep it.

Now we're going to need some hardware to keep our colony clear so;

play the food from my hand into the supply
Gabriel; Kill a Zombie at entrance 2 with a six.
Move to the police station use the ability and search with the last 6.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 1, 2014

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: nvm

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
My turn's not over yet.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Fat Samurai posted:

How much information can we give about our hands? "I can collaborate a lot?" or "I can provide 3 medicine cards to the crisis?"

The game rules don't specify this, but in keeping with it being a (possible) hidden traitor game, I'd suggest using 'a little' or 'a lot' for crisis contributions.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Rumda plays 1 starter food card. 1 food added to the supply
Gabriel kills one zombie at the colony, entrance 2. Gabriel is unaffected by exposure
Gabriel moves to the police station. Gabriel receives frostbite!
Gabriel searches at the police station. Card sent.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well poo poo
Use Gabriel's ability and play my medicine card.

Then my turn is over.

V Yeah

Rumda fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 1, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I take it you're keeping the Police Station search card?

Gabriel uses medicine - frostbite removed!
Gabriel uses his special ability to search for outsiders at the Police Station - no outsiders found.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Food: 1
Crisis cards: 0
Waste: 2

Players

Mongol

Dice: 2 6 6

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Dice: 1 1 2

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3.
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Dice: 2 3 6

Tekopo

Dice: 2 4 3

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Dice: 6 5 6

Action queue: Mongol's turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To the people planning their turns: I can't help with the current crisis at all. It's all in your hands, folks.

• Locked thread