Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
And it's not like a short list either.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811831

just :lol: if you say a mean thing on a SA subforum, you'll get kicked out of the club!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
those are all bad posters though

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
yeah its loving hilarious and sad at the same time but the last time someone made this thread it got gassed OP, be safe.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hmmm, let me consider this, OP.

After a great deal of reflection, and examining the various levels of nuance and meaning involved, I have come to the conclusion that I really don't give a poo poo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i see a few trolls on there and what are otherwise people who can't possibly merit this level of attention or aggression.

He curates a list but he "doesn't care" like the guy/lady clearly has a lot of care. possibly more care than most mods, to regulate their lil' fiefdom/containment unit.

I think it's okay to care about things, but i think it's kinda lame to pretend you don't care when you obviously do. I just see the text version someone trying to stone-face smug while sweating and twitching. Nobody buys it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RyokoTK posted:

And it's not like a short list either.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811831

just :lol: if you say a mean thing on a SA subforum, you'll get kicked out of the club!

congrats op you just made the list

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
OMGJC is a good poster and I double dog dare the ideological men-at-arms at GRS to find a post that shows he is racist

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
lol someone named 'murder, she twote' I like that

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Very old news. Who cares? I don't give a poo poo about TGRS and will never post there, but all of those posters are racist trolls and deserve to be banned from a tiny niche sub-forum about racial/ethnic dynamics and the black experience. Like, every single person on that list was posting the most transparent, low-effort trolls over and over again before they got banned, so why should I care about their tragic plight? Just ignore TGRS and move on with your dumb lives.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Looks like I need to make some additions to my buddy list

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Cease to Hope posted:

yeah but if people make bad posts they should just be probated and banned, it seems to work pretty well in the rest of the forums rather than having a big public hit list stickied at the top

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Just ignore TGRS and move on with your dumb lives.

This is the best advice, i would have never made this thread but really though, if all those posters are that bad, why aren't they banned, instead of ban-on-sight? Racism isn't allowed here, unless KM's definition of that isn't lining up with the people who approve bans most of the time? It's kind of insane is all im saying. Most mods just ban and probate. I think that's how it's always worked. I can't think of anyone else who ever curated lists of people they could not or did not ban but restricted their access via decree.

Has anyone even been banned for violating that list

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Good.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

that forum and the autists that post in it are unbelievable

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

RyokoTK posted:

yeah but if people make bad posts they should just be probated and banned, it seems to work pretty well in the rest of the forums rather than having a big public hit list stickied at the top

I don't think you understand why TGRS exists. The sub-forum was created because Negrotown and other related D&D threads were being trolled by racists for ages. Lowtax eventually decided to mod Koalas March in response to this for various reasons. KM didn't work out as D&D mod and Lowtax was just like "gently caress these idiot racists" and just made Negrotown a sub-forum to allow Koalas March and the rest of the community to police themselves. It's a tiny extremely niche sub-forum. Don't poo poo all over the floor just because you think it's "exclusionary" or some bullshit.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 19, 2017

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Psycho Society posted:

OMGJC is a good poster

:chloe:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
This ban list caused a bit of a stir when it was first put up.

The list doesn't seem like it has gotten much longer since the time it was originally posted, which is probably a good thing. On the next major update, however, it should probably get alphabetized.

The question isn't whether outrage will solve this (it won't), the question is: "Do you even want to be part of a club that acts like this?"

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
how in the world can anyone care enough to remember and compile a list of posters who you're afraid will violate your safe space. i can barely remember any specific posters at all and sometimes forget my own username

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I don't think you understand why TGRS exists. The sub-forum was created because Negrotown and other related D&D threads were being trolled by racists for ages. Lowtax eventually decided to mod Koalas March in response to this for various reasons. KM didn't work out as D&D mod and Lowtax was just like "gently caress these idiot racists" and just made Negrotown a sub-forum to allow Koalas March and the rest of the community to police themselves. It's a tiny extremely niche sub-forum. Don't poo poo all over the floor just because you think it's "exclusionary" or some bullshit.

your timeline is right but the reasoning is wrong, that forum was created because about a half dozen posters would poo poo their pants and post gifs every time someone said something that didnt fall lock step behind their weird hotep ideology

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That place would be a lot better if everybody just posted Steve Urkel memes like I did as my only post there.

But alas...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

everyone who has ever even thought about that forum is completely insane

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

I don't care about being excluded from a forum I never posted in and never planned on posting in, I just think it's really funny that there's a big "TROLLS GET OUT OR YOU GO ON THE LIST!" post that the mod made and stickied. I never would have seen the thread at all except for a ban in the leper's colony.

Rather than the mod just banning the lovely posters and being done with it there's a big "fuk u trolls!!" banner put up instead.

I don't see why there has been such a struggle by the mods to ban lovely low-effort racist trolls in D&D but this is where we're at right now.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Like gnarlyhotep?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

basic hitler posted:

Has anyone even been banned for violating that list
Most recent Ban in the Leper's Colony, actually.
User: Weak Wrists Big Dick, "Sundown Victim"

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
what I gotta do to get on that cool list

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Most recent Ban in the Leper's Colony, actually.
User: Weak Wrists Big Dick, "Sundown Victim"

This means FAU is now complicit in the targeted bannings of forum posters. Very disturbing

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

My dude, a thread was already made about this topic a couple weeks ago.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Cease to Hope posted:

yep

also lol if you remembered that subforum still exists

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blue Raider posted:

your timeline is right but the reasoning is wrong, that forum was created because about a half dozen posters would poo poo their pants and post gifs every time someone said something that didnt fall lock step behind their weird hotep ideology

I don't really care about the Negrotown threads or the people who post in them in the least. Who gives a poo poo what weird circlejerk nonsense they were posting? It's irrelevant. But I do care if a bunch of tedious, unfunny racists are repeatedly trolling their threads to point that they can't post there normally like everyone else in D&D and other sub-forum's threads can. Which is why TGRS was created. The scenario is no different than what happened with Star Citizen, really. Just throw that poo poo into its own sub-forum.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Blue Raider posted:

that forum and the autists that post in it are unbelievable

it's like train spergs, but about race or something

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

guns for tits posted:

My dude, a thread was already made about this topic a couple weeks ago.

I'm sorry :(

I don't really care about the Negrotown threads or the people who post in them in the least. Who gives a poo poo what weird circlejerk nonsense they were posting? It's irrelevant. But I do care if a bunch of tedious, unfunny racists are repeatedly trolling their threads to point that they can't post there normally like everyone else in D&D and other sub-forum's threads can. Which is why TGRS was created. The scenario is no different than what happened with Star Citizen, really. Just throw that poo poo into its own sub-forum.

that subforum is pretty hosed up too though

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
subforums are like little fiefdoms, they are allowed to do kind of a lot and I think that's cool.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Forum drama is pretty entertaining unless it leads to a war of attrition on SA's userbase which is apparently what this is about. Probably not a good idea for a website that has already lost most of its users.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I mean you're right, just that the drama surrounding those few threads was the result of the regular posters losing their loving minds every time time someone said something that didnt line up or asked an honest question or something.

the end result was the same, regardless: quarantine.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
im so darned angry that there isn't a white people forum

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
this is legitimately a case where both sides suck rear end

the majority of that list are trolls who can't even troll TGRS in an interesting way, and TGRS is a containment zone for a lot of really unpleasant and crazy posters too toxic for D&D if such a thing was conceivable

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You know what happened when things were a drama bomb here in the past? they were banned or deleted. Eve Online was illegal to talk about for a long time for drama that got really insane lmao

bottom line is i don't think i've ever seen a goon discuss race well and except as a current event i can't even begin to see a reason to actually allow it if a mod has to curate a varmint list in a vain attempt at keeping the peace in a subforum about it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Psycho Society posted:

Forum drama is pretty entertaining unless it leads to a war of attrition on SA's userbase which is apparently what this is about. Probably not a good idea for a website that has already lost most of its users.

Lmao. There's no "war of attrition" on SA's userbase, you goddamn weirdo. A bunch of obsessed racist trolls are now ban-on-sight in an insignificant niche sub-forum that has like 50 active users. Who cares?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The funny part is no one was even trolling GRS when that list was made, people made joke threads on the conception of the subforum but not since that. It literally has no purpose except to stir up some drama and attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lmao. There's no "war of attrition" on SA's userbase, you goddamn weirdo. A bunch of obsessed racist trolls are now ban-on-sight in a niche sub-forum that has like 50 active users. Who cares?

stop jerking it to anime children you creep

• Locked thread