Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

Tiny lights, holes in the heavens, giant exploding stars, an old image of a sun long since dead. The stars shine down into the inky black plain you are sitting in. There is a quiet wind blowing, gently rustling your shirt. You are sitting on a rock. Beyond the wind, and the sand, and the scurrying of tiny animals, you can just make out the sound of others breathing, all around you.

Off, far off in the distance, two headlights zoom across the landscape. A small sliver of light reaches you, and as it scans past, you can see 9 figures surrounding you in a circle. A tenth stands outside. She is holding something.

"Welcome, children! I'm so glad you've returned to me."

The light is gone, but you can hear the crunch of the ground as she moves towards you. You shift your feet, and something splinters into you. It stings.

"You may all have lives outside of this camp, but once you're here, I think you'll find that no matter where you find yourself, you can consider it home."

She steps closer to you. You smell the faint smell of sulfer.

She moves her hand, and something rattles. A quick strike, and you see her face light up from a match.

She is smiling. She is looking at you.

"I thought we could play a little game while we wait for the sun to rise."

She throws the match at your feet. The woodpile you are standing on catches fire. The pitch that covers your body (how did you not notice it before?) catches fire. The ropes binding you to the wooden pole catch fire. I don't think you have time to scream

Welcome to Campfire Mafia 2, a game of mafia for 9 players.

This game has nothing to do with its predecessor, and is open to everyone, unless you are on my ultra secret banlist.

We will be playing a NewD3 setup, which has 9 different possible variations:

• A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla

A refresher on the rules before we get started, stolen from Podima:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Be nice to your fellow campers! Specific addendum follow:
    • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but please stop posting when day-ending mod posts begin.
    • Please play to your win condition!
    • No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.
    • Seriously, don't be a dick be cool and good to your fellow campers!
  • In general, no replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game and see it through to the end.
    • I understand that Life Happens sometimes, or in general you just might not feel up to it once the game has begun. That is fine! Please contact me and we will sort it out one way or another, but I promise I will not be upset.
  • Days will be ~48 hours (but will grow shorter as the game goes on) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
  • Podima's Anti-Lurking Rules v3.3 will be in effect for this game. Don't sign up if you're going to skim the edges of these rules, please - 10 posts should mean 10 substantial posts, not 10 content-less doo-doo posts. The following change will be made, however: If you fall short of this posting requirement, there will be no grace period. The following day you will be eligible as a free-kill with flip made at end of day. No warnings, this is a small game and it cannot sustain lurking.
  • No editing of any kind is allowed. This includes ninja editing. If you must make an edit, please do a mafia edit and quote the post you wish to correct to make your corrections there. If you are caught making any edits, you will be modkilled without warning, even if it ends the game

Player List:
  1. Amnistar
  2. dmboogie
  3. Eat The Rich
  4. Hal Incandenza
  5. hambeet
  6. merk
  7. Mr. Humalong
  8. Mr. Steak
  9. Sandwolf

Observers:

Please join the discord for this game!

"Lets begin!"

Old Maid You Look fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Old Maid You Look posted:

Tiny lights, holes in the heavens, giant exploding stars, an old image of a sun long since dead. The stars shine down into the inky black plain you are sitting in. There is a quiet wind blowing, gently rustling your shirt. You are sitting on a rock. Beyond the wind, and the sand, and the scurrying of tiny animals, you can just make out the sound of others breathing, all around you.

Off, far off in the distance, two headlights zoom across the landscape. A small sliver of light reaches you, and as it scans past, you can see 9 figures surrounding you in a circle. A tenth stands outside. She is holding something.

"Welcome, children! I'm so glad you've returned to me."

The light is gone, but you can hear the crunch of the ground as she moves towards you. You shift your feet, and something splinters into you. It stings.

"You may all have lives outside of this camp, but once you're here, I think you'll find that no matter where you find yourself, you can consider it home."

She steps closer to you. You smell the faint smell of sulfer.

She moves her hand, and something rattles. A quick strike, and you see her face light up from a match.

She is smiling. She is looking at you.

"I thought we could play a little game while we wait for the sun to rise."

She throws the match at your feet. The woodpile you are standing on catches fire. The pitch that covers your body (how did you not notice it before?) catches fire. The ropes binding you to the wooden pole catch fire. I don't think you have time to scream

Welcome to Campfire Mafia 2, a game of mafia for 9 players.

This game has nothing to do with its predecessor, and is open to everyone, unless you are on my ultra secret banlist.

We will be playing a NewD3 setup, which has 9 different possible variations:

• A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla

A refresher on the rules before we get started, stolen from Podima:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Be nice to your fellow campers! Specific addendum follow:
    • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but please stop posting when day-ending mod posts begin.
    • Please play to your win condition!
    • No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.
    • Seriously, don't be a dick be cool and good to your fellow campers!
  • In general, no replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game and see it through to the end.
    • I understand that Life Happens sometimes, or in general you just might not feel up to it once the game has begun. That is fine! Please contact me and we will sort it out one way or another, but I promise I will not be upset.
  • Days will be ~48 hours (but will grow shorter as the game goes on) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
  • Podima's Anti-Lurking Rules v3.3 will be in effect for this game. Don't sign up if you're going to skim the edges of these rules, please - 10 posts should mean 10 substantial posts, not 10 content-less doo-doo posts. The following change will be made, however: If you fall short of this posting requirement, there will be no grace period. The following day you will be eligible as a free-kill with flip made at end of day. No warnings, this is a small game and it cannot sustain lurking.
  • No editing of any kind is allowed. This includes ninja editing. If you must make an edit, please do a mafia edit and quote the post you wish to correct to make your corrections there. If you are caught making any edits, you will be modkilled without warning, even if it ends the game

Player List:

Observers:

Please join the discord for this game!

"Lets begin!"

Did I totally botch it in Campfire Mafia 1? I can't remember but I feel like I did something terrible in that game

But hey I will give it another go

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
ooh, can I be on the ultrasecret banlist, skull friend?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jen X posted:

ooh, can I be on the ultrasecret banlist, skull friend?

No.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess the only way to find out if you are on the list is to sign up and see what happens!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will join so I'm in three games at one time and go insane.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

merk posted:

The mountains of madness are over yonder.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I would like to play a game.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

In!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

I would like to play a game.

Ok, Conkers or Parcheesi?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok, Conkers or Parcheesi?

Yes

(I don’t know what they are)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Yes

(I don’t know what they are)

Oh sorry do you want to play Squatter or Wombat Rescue

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Definitely squatter

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Sure, I'll play.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Just 3 more!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Definitely squatter

Great! You have 3000 sheep and 5 natural pasture paddocks, good luck!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would advise keeping the sheep away from the campfire, those suckers will turn into a roast real quick if you aren't careful

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
And if 1 gets lit on fire, they freak out and run around, igniting other sheep. Cascade failure follows.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

uh a dingo ate my sheep

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

uh a dingo ate my sheep

Ah a shame. Too bad you didn't draw a Dingo Control Programme card

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh oh me! Me!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeassss

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hi i'd like to sign up!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sure

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
That's everyone! I have a busy work day, and will handle backend stuff throughout the day. Lookout for the game starting sometime tonight.

Also, :siren: If you haven't done so already, please join this discord! :siren:

https://discord.gg/rqwhTUX

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hahaha you fools this time I plan to play well!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hahaha you fools this time I plan to play well!

mother of god

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's nice to know that Humalong's reversal promise here got him lifted off of the ultra secret banlist mentioned in the op.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

It's nice to know that Humalong's reversal promise here got him lifted off of the ultra secret banlist mentioned in the op.

Join the server.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Whoops

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Role PM's have gone out. If you haven't received one, you are vanilla town. DWI.

You see the stranger go up in flames. Their screams were brief. It took only a moment, but it seemed they realized their life was ending only at the end, and let out a single yawp of pain before silencing themselves.

It smells like meat upon a grill. The thought nauseates you.

You shift uncomfortably, as the woman in the center turns towards you. She claps her hands.

"OK! Lets get this game started, children! Talk amongst yourselves, and let me know who most needs a BIG HUG."

The body on the pyre slumps behind her. A log shifts, and the fire beams upwards, towards the sky.

Max, A Dream of The End of The World, Town D0 Sacrifice, was killed at the beginning of the game.

It is now Day 1. Deadline is February 29th, 10PM EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (9): Amnistar, dmboogie, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, merk, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 29th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
first

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thirst

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Würst?

Anyway. Howdy partners. Who wants to share some of these beans with me?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Did that person just get burned alive?!?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Conversion therapy is really getting drastic

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh I read the OP looks like all of us are tied to burning pyres

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote turbo idiot fucker