Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

this is a stickup posted:

you could also ask infinitum because you wouldn't get a real answer because A) it's infinitum, B) I am 99.99% sure he is scum this game

this is his vote on me. this isn't even a game related vote, it's a joke vote that he is sitting on without saying a word about the game itself. inf has not thrown his vote around, made a bad case and erroneously tunneled someone to the end of the earth, or tried poorly to pressure people (me or glowku) into full claiming for no reason

and I'm going to make myself the majority leader ##vote infinitum

Oooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's a carry over jokephase vote that I haven't moved off yet because I was waiting until we got a little closer to deadline to reread everyone, and you're literally trying to make a case out of nothing.

So now I'm pretty happy where it is tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
actually, hats was in the last ecco game too. hats, do you feel I am unlikely to contribute?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Oooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's a carry over jokephase vote that I haven't moved off yet because I was waiting until we got a little closer to deadline to reread everyone, and you're literally trying to make a case out of nothing.

nah. you know drat well you'd be telling me FULL CLAIM NOW OR GET LYNCHED if you cared.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So do it :allears:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Poque posted:

are you commenting on stickup's response to your vote specifically or the pattern that was already developing when you voted him?

I don't think his reaction is based on my vote in particular. If it is, it's even more flailing scum

Mr. F! posted:

YPM, have you cooled on your read on Jimmy Hats? If so, why?

Yes. I said why somewhere. Reading over the interaction, it reminds me more of when I was new town and believed everyone had an elaborate motive to every post rather than paranoid scum.

here is what being defensive looks like. I'm going to omgus you (a little)

these two things do not match up. you posted that you want to kill slam (it must be due to slam being scum) and in a few hours, decide that slam is making a good point

you agree with the reason I'm voting for glowku, but

based on glowku's posting in this thread, you also can't justify this. this is either a lie or a meta case. now, I think it's fine if you're making a meta call, but you need to look at it from the other perspective: you're voting me for meta reasons (that I am less likely to contribute) without actually having any meta read on me whatsoever.

this right here is complete bullshit and I don't believe a word of it.

these are your exact words. and as a direct response to this, if you want to know the answer to this, you can ask yorkie who has played in exactly 2 games before this for an unbiased opinion. yorkie, based on MM3, do you feel I am unlikely to contribute to this game as a town player?

keane, based on the latest eccogame, do you feel I am unlikely to contribute to this game as a town player?

you could also ask infinitum because you wouldn't get a real answer because A) it's infinitum, B) I am 99.99% sure he is scum this game

this is his vote on me. this isn't even a game related vote, it's a joke vote that he is sitting on without saying a word about the game itself. inf has not thrown his vote around, made a bad case and erroneously tunneled someone to the end of the earth, or tried poorly to pressure people (me or glowku) into full claiming for no reason

and I'm going to make myself the majority leader ##vote infinitum

1) Me saying I want to kill Slam was an attempt to get Slams attention. I say that I want to murder everyone.

2) I have no past experience with you. I do with Glowku. Which is why I asked people to correct me if I'm wrong.

3) I forget why SSV is on my not garbage list. It may just have been one real post. I can go back and look. Her being on my not garbage list unjustified has no bearing on my vote on you.

4) I think if you were town you would've voted me. But you are scum who sees that momentum is not on his side.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Your Personal Muse posted:

1) Me saying I want to kill Slam was an attempt to get Slams attention. I say that I want to murder everyone.

2) I have no past experience with you. I do with Glowku. Which is why I asked people to correct me if I'm wrong.

3) I forget why SSV is on my not garbage list. It may just have been one real post. I can go back and look. Her being on my not garbage list unjustified has no bearing on my vote on you.

4) I think if you were town you would've voted me. But you are scum who sees that momentum is not on his side.

1) meta defenses are bad defenses

2) I'm glad you are acknowledging you are voting me for meta reasons while being completely unfamiliar with my meta and posting. think about that for a second.

3) if you're putting someone on a list arbitrarily, it does matter. you can say it doesn't, but it only doesn't if you are town and not scum, which we cannot know. all I've done here is get you to put that information in the thread, and surprise, you couldn't justify it

4) why would I be voting for you over someone I feel pretty strongly is scum?

you're going to need to explain this because it is so dumb I don't believe you thought it through. glowku and I were tied 5 for 5, why wouldn't I just push to discredit glowku?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
QQ I never tried to discredit you. I'm not a mudslinger but you do seem upset

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mayor Glowku posted:

QQ I never tried to discredit you. I'm not a mudslinger but you do seem upset

I am not, which is why I'm comfortable making myself the majority leader

and what I mean is, if I were scum the better play would be to try and save myself by getting you lynched, not switch off of you and push a third party

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Him. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also tbh I'm not sure why I'm on the not garbage list too.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mayor Glowku posted:

Well there's 12 other players in the game. I would consider everyone but myself to fit this description!

I haven't contributed more, just about the same amount actually.

##vote stickup for being stuck up

Mayor Glowku posted:

I meant to empty quote this at the end of my post.

It really does tell potentially a lot how defensive you are getting about being useless. Embrace it, or are you trying to not die because you are SCUM

I forgot to reply to this. I asked because there are several players who objectively have contributed more (keane, ypm, hats, slam). sure enough, ssv (4 posts, 0 game related) showed up on the list.

it doesn't tell anything until you confirm my alignment (it is town), and the alignments of all others who have contributed equally little or less. once you have confirmed my alignment as town, what does it tell you without me engaging players in the thread and calling out their inconsistencies?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

SirSamVimes posted:

Also tbh I'm not sure why I'm on the not garbage list too.

Yeah looking over your posting history I don't know why either

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
in yorkie's first game, I called out pmach for this kind of inconsistent posting on d1, and the exchange ended just like this with a shrug from pmach. she was scum :yeah:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
See what I'd do is lynch Glowku and then lynch stickup tomorrow if they're wrong.

Or the other way around, I'm cool with both.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
interesting. trying to setup a chain lynch if I am wrong about a person I have not cased and am not pushing. rookie scum mistake?

anyway please read the thread scumbo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

interesting. trying to setup a chain lynch if I am wrong about a person I have not cased and am not pushing. rookie scum mistake?

"Everyone is scum but me" :allears:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

"Everyone is scum but me" :allears:

please list for the record the people I have called scum

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

actually, hats was in the last ecco game too. hats, do you feel I am unlikely to contribute?

Yeah, I can confirm that Stickup is a Contributor.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, I can confirm that Stickup is a Contributor.

Well right now he's flailing scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

counterpoint, you are either bad or scum. namaste

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Namaste is code word for "get him boys" in our scum doc.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
slam should die! wait hmmm, slam has a point. better vote stickup.

wait, no! I didn't vote because of slam, but slam should not die. I voted because stickup will not contribute! but actually to add pressure, and probably because stickup would not contribute

what? stickup will...contribute? no, wait! stickup is...scum!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mayor Glowku posted:

Namaste is code word for "get him boys" in our scum doc.

:same:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Is it too late to make jokes? Sorry if so

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Okay.

Nah I still think that's a good idea.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mayor Glowku posted:

Is it too late to make jokes? Sorry if so

what do you call 10 flutes at the bottom of an ocean?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay.

Nah I still think that's a good idea.

can you walk me through your thought process? (seriously)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

what do you call 10 flutes at the bottom of an ocean?

I dunno :allears:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

a good start :buddy:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Alright that's pretty good

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

can you walk me through your thought process? (seriously)

I think you're town, want to lynch glowku and think that circumstances would have changed sufficiently that the second part wouldn't be important day 2.

But now that's not happening.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I think you're town, want to lynch glowku and think that circumstances would have changed sufficiently that the second part wouldn't be important day 2.

But now that's not happening.

uh, okay. if you think I'm town, you shouldn't want to lynch me under any circumstances

I have cased infinitum for incredibly obvious meta reasons, which granted you would not know, and am leaning scum on ypm. my vote on glowku had already been discussed (I'm all for a nice scum claim early in joke phase, but beyond a point it will muddy the waters). I don't have a read on glowku either way, but keane laid out my thoughts pretty well

if I really wanted to lynch glowku, my vote would still be there, and we would still be tied. my alignment has no bearing on glowku's, nor his on mine. why do you want to set up his or my lynch in advance?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

uh, okay. if you think I'm town, you shouldn't want to lynch me under any circumstances

I have cased infinitum for incredibly obvious meta reasons, which granted you would not know, and am leaning scum on ypm. my vote on glowku had already been discussed (I'm all for a nice scum claim early in joke phase, but beyond a point it will muddy the waters). I don't have a read on glowku either way, but keane laid out my thoughts pretty well

if I really wanted to lynch glowku, my vote would still be there, and we would still be tied. my alignment has no bearing on glowku's, nor his on mine. why do you want to set up his or my lynch in advance?

##unvote omw home, got some reading to do

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Infinitum posted:

This is a Bad Post

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I feel like stickup is town. Categorizing their posting at this moment as flailing is a major reach.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Because I was presented with an option of you with five votes, him with four and don't want to see you lynched? So I opted for something I assumed would potentially persuade people to lynch the person I think is less likely to be scum.

Also because I just want the day to be over because serious mode day 1 is really boring.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Because I was presented with an option of you with five votes, him with four and don't want to see you lynched? So I opted for something I assumed would potentially persuade people to lynch the person I think is less likely to be scum.

Also because I just want the day to be over because serious mode day 1 is really boring.

I can't process this.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I Stand By Stickup.

##unvote
##vote Infinitum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Poque posted:

I can't process this.

Here's what happened.

Yorkshire Tea: Oh no stickup might get lynched! No problem, I'm a genius mastermind and with this masterful play I will save him!

Stickup: What you just did makes no sense.

Yorkshire Tea: No you see it was a genius play.

Stickup: What you explained makes no sense.

Yorkshire Tea: Perhaps it wasn't a genius play?

Poque: You're an idiot.

• Locked thread