Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

TheBigAristotle posted:

Gotta be schnitzel Celtic, right?

Bratwurst Celtic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

sauerkeltic?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

Gotta be schnitzel Celtic, right?

i guess it’s a fools errand, spaghetti celtic is genius and shouldn’t be imitated

e: i guess Liverpool’s continued failure to win the league could call them Bustin Celtic

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Karl Sharks posted:

sauerkeltic?

This is solid.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Eau de MacGowan posted:

spaghetti celtic

:staredog:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Does that mean PSG = Escargeltic?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Kompany's gone. Difficult to overstate what a legend he is on and off the pitch but I'll say for me he's been the one constant player throughout our resurgence giving us a human heart and soul and keeping the club somehow still relatable even with all the cash and comings and goings. Sad but seems a good time to go out on a high.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I hope he doesn't go into punditry he's a boring fucker to listen to.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Turn your monitor on

Player/manager at Anderlecht

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
:smith: as hell but if there's one guy whos going to literally roy of the rovers that poo poo as player manager at his boyhood club, its vincent kompany

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

Turn your monitor on

He’s either going to be insanely terrible or mediocre

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Butterfly Valley posted:

Turn your monitor on

lol this is actually true. I love player/managers, it's such a thing of the old times. Wonder how he'll do though.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Well Liverpool are set to win the league next year then now that Kompany is gone and can't score bangers anymore.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

if Kompany manages Anderlecht like he managed his other business that's very good news for Anderlecht's rivals

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Did not see that coming, but I knew he wanted to go into management. At least he's gone out on a high rather than being forced into retirement through injury.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope the power goes to Kompany's head and he plays himself as a striker in every single match next season.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

I hope the power goes to Kompany's head

p sure it already has

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

An Actual Bear posted:

p sure it already has

:hmmyes:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I hope it goes great and Anderlecht take a CL spot next season, and that they get to the Group Stage in 2020 in a group with City. I want my storylines!

Also, gag me:

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1129806235363172352

Don't @ me until you've done the septuple of the UEFA Super Cup, Community Shield, Club World Cup, League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League, and Premier League all in one season. While using the original Pyramid in more than 50% of your games including the FA Cup final and the Champions League Final. :colbert: It's not hard, even a yank like me could do it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Honestly, that makes me happy, cause some marketing moron probably cooked it up when they thought they were on for the CL and was too salty to bin it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

lol even United fans used the phrase "historic treble" with a degree of irony

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Yeah im sure thats the quad that Pep was on about earlier this season.

Still, impressive season by City, all domestic trophies is nothing to snuff at

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The FA cup was a robbery and everyone knows it. Beaten fair and square by a midtable Championship team, bailed out by bent refs.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
All domestic trophies? Oh ho, I think you're forgetting about the historic Checkatrade trophy!

Can't wait for City to play themselves in the Community Shield

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

An Actual Bear posted:

p sure it already has

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Gorn Myson posted:

lol even United fans used the phrase "historic treble" with a degree of irony

Hmmmmm

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I'll have you know I often talk about our historic treble back in 1999 what a feeling what a night without a degree of irony.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The "historic treble" being the daft one they achieved under Mourinho.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

brocked posted:

All domestic trophies? Oh ho, I think you're forgetting about the historic Checkatrade trophy!

Can't wait for City to play themselves in the Community Shield

Oh yeah wtf happens lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

Oh yeah wtf happens lol

I imagine they’ll just play Watford again if it’s like every other league in Europe.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Oh yeah wtf happens lol

they'll play liverpool

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Gorn Myson posted:

The "historic treble" being the daft one they achieved under Mourinho.

Oh right

I don't think any city fans are talking about us doing a quadruple or whatever, it's mainly Guardiola because in Spain and other European leagues the super cup has more prestige and 'counts'

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gigi Galli posted:

I imagine they’ll just play Watford again if it’s like every other league in Europe.

Actually it's Liverpool

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

pik_d posted:

Actually it's Liverpool

Well! That’s cool; good thing too since that’ll actually be a match instead of a slaughter.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

habeasdorkus posted:

I hope it goes great and Anderlecht take a CL spot next season, and that they get to the Group Stage in 2020 in a group with City. I want my storylines!

Also, gag me:

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1129806235363172352

Don't @ me until you've done the septuple of the UEFA Super Cup, Community Shield, Club World Cup, League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League, and Premier League all in one season. While using the original Pyramid in more than 50% of your games including the FA Cup final and the Champions League Final. :colbert: It's not hard, even a yank like me could do it.

They're so desperate to have some kind of moniker that they'd include winning a friendly as part of an impressive achievement.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's cringeworthy marketing to include the charity shield, but I know no shortage of United fans who completely unironically celebrated winning the club world cup as if it matters, so gently caress it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

It's cringeworthy marketing to include the charity shield, but I know no shortage of United fans who completely unironically celebrated winning the club world cup as if it matters, so gently caress it

We pretend to care about the club world cup to justify sounding the death knell of the FA Cup being taken seriously by not taking part to play in the CWC in the 99-2000 season (and being eliminated somewhat embarrassingly early iirc).

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Oh right

I don't think any city fans are talking about us doing a quadruple or whatever, it's mainly Guardiola because in Spain and other European leagues the super cup has more prestige and 'counts'
Yeah but its funny that the club considers this an actual quadruple. It means that if they had won the Champions League they probably would have called this a quintuple season.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gorn Myson posted:

Yeah but its funny that the club considers this an actual quadruple. It means that if they had won the Champions League they probably would have called this a quintuple season.

I have it on good authority they were making a sky blue infinity gauntlet for kompany to wear if this happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Gorn Myson posted:

I mean yes, this is literally what Guardiola said when we were still in the running for everything. People spoke about him having that perfect season at barca where he won 6 trophies and 3 of those were super cups, it makes sense why he thinks that way

And the marketing gumf is just marketing gumf