Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going back to Tired, who seems to have a similar thought process without the open reasoning.

##vote Tired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

If we tested it and it ended the day that would be really bad right

debatable

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

i presume there is a point somewhere in here, i hope it's doing okay.

Hahahaha

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

your phrasing here weirds me out, like you're saving that dunk for a rainy day.

Yeah it's not ~impossible~ that diqnol is scum but I find the possibility highly unlikely and don't think it's worth spending time in at this point

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

my gut feels are stupid, please take with a grain of salt.

Yo so why did you add this on? Why are you nervous about convincing us to do the thing you want to do? Did you not want to after all?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah it's not ~impossible~ that diqnol is scum but I find the possibility highly unlikely and don't think it's worth spending time in at this point

what is your priority then?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dick Bastardly posted:

what is your priority then?

My scumreads. Like u

##vote dick bastardly

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yo so why did you add this on? Why are you nervous about convincing us to do the thing you want to do? Did you not want to after all?

tobbs is at the bottom of my scum list atm. it literally based on how he/she has voted (or would possibly vote) so far. that's an incredibly weak case and I want everyone to know that I understand it to be, but I have a feeling about tobbs.

My full concurrence is behing a vote on OMG or Quid at this time.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Let us roll into Keane and assimilate his scumminess into our giant ball of random things.

That's how this game works right?

##vote cckeane

I don't like this post in lieu of the flip.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Keane

Where you at mrs passive aggressive?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

tobbs is at the bottom of my scum list atm. it literally based on how he/she has voted (or would possibly vote) so far. that's an incredibly weak case and I want everyone to know that I understand it to be, but I have a feeling about tobbs.

My full concurrence is behind a vote on OMG or Quid at this time.

spelling edit

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
My gut says dick b is scum and my gut is strong like an armadillo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EXAKT Science posted:

My scumreads. Like u

##vote dick bastardly

I respect your consistency. Your suspicion is misplaced however. I am not scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

have we played together?

Do you remember anyone ever scumber

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gulag, why do you think this is cum quid? It's been a while since I've seen him as cum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you remember anyone ever scumber

I try not to remember the disappointments in my life

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I try not to remember the disappointments in my life

That explains why you're dreadful at mafia.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Infi is right and you're all dumb.

Come on, the first thing you would do when the mod said someone is unlynchable is to shoot them? Town players are usually more wary than that. The only reason I can expect for cheap trick to shoot that quickly is because he's scum and is afraid that Keane might have a good power.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

gulag, why do you think this is cum quid? It's been a while since I've seen him as cum.

quidnose more like jizznose

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
ewww

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I find KB's over defensiveness over cheap really weird.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How appropriate, you fight like a cow!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Come on, the first thing you would do when the mod said someone is unlynchable is to shoot them? Town players are usually more wary than that. The only reason I can expect for cheap trick to shoot that quickly is because he's scum and is afraid that Keane might have a good power.

Unhangable at -2, suddenly. That definitely isn't weird on d1.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

:yeah:

Unhangable at -2, suddenly. That definitely isn't weird on d1.

Turboing someone that quickly def isn't weird D1 either.

Like I'm all for "haha lets turbo!", but it was strange to see it actually happening.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I don't like this post in lieu of the flip.

Well that post doesn't really care much for you either.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Oh please, I would never steer you wrong. I've little time for bull, there's too much at steak.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

you are going down a very dark path, one that you may never return from

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

point: diqnol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Arguing with me is a mistake, bitch. You wanna know why? Because I'll never shut the gently caress up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arguing with me is a mistake, bitch. You wanna know why? Because I'll never shut the gently caress up.

:same:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Oh please, I would never steer you wrong. I've little time for bull, there's too much at steak.

a point has been deducted from diqnol

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hes only posted 1000 words instead of 1000000

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

you are going down a very dark path, one that you may never return from

Baby, I have no story to be told.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Dick Bastardly posted:

The funny thing is you never actually voted for Moritz... so why try to justify it?

I thought I had. And, you know, since you were asking why I voted.... :confused:

What even is this nonsense.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This argument by Inf reads as incredibly fake and distancing. Last time he did this I remember was Shine II where he got in a GIANT semantic argument about how roles work and turned out to be a scum boss.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
The thing is that I find it completely terrible for town that instead of unvoting and just talking about the announcement, you automatically decided to shoot him. Why the rush? There was less than 2 hours between the announcement to you shooting him. I just find it scummy as hell, and completely irrational as town.

I think you're daft, mate, since that coulda been a messenger power or scum using an ability to protect their scumbro or, worse, to frame Keane and create a useless distraction. I took care of the problem before it became one.

This post is really sketchy because it reads to me like you quick triggered Keane and is just making up excuses why you did it. I can buy the second reasoning but the third makes no sense. Did you really think scum would waste their ability like that? Especially after he flipped town?

The only reason I can see you putting that there in that post is that you had no reason and were making up excuses quickly as Infinitum was pushing you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Now you're just being facetious, and we're getting vastly off topic.

I put it back to you. Do you think Cheap Trick, an experienced player, would question a mods day broadcast when a player was at -2.
We could have very easily tested his status BEFORE he dayvigged

Instead he immediately dayvigs and comes back with "Well you dunno... coulda been nonsense"

:siren: A town player would have at least wanted to TEST Keane's unlynchable status before 'wasting' his Dayvig on a target. :siren:

I do not think Cheap Trick has a town mindset and his justifications are flimsy at best.

I disagree with this, I think a town mindset would go "that's weird and Keane lied about being vanilla town, so instead of wasting a day let's get this out of the way."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

This is 100% false:

1. Town historically can't keep a vig in their pants at all
2. If you're told you can't dunk someone who is lying and you have a chance to fix that problem, you fix it.

The only thing he should have done was say "Keane give me a reason not to vig you since you lied" but :shrug: and ALSO nobody is mentioning that as a reason for being susp.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Like I'm all for "haha lets turbo!", but it was strange to see it actually happening.

why are you acting like you've never played mafia with our community before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

It was more over concepts. But it's cool that you think I'm weird since you are scum. :)

• Locked thread