Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

alexandriao posted:

:eyepop:

Those are cool as hell and I already have ideas of things to do. Plus my dad has this small shed packed with lutherie equipment so the tools are already a short walk away

thanks. i did a set of 6 and hung them in my kitchen

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

found these SSH keys i thought i lost and have now backed them up
feels good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ugh let's see what is the current hobby/pastime list here

* korean cooking
* kpop and dnb DJing
* re-learning guitar and bass within a context of chronic RSI
* ham radio (of course) which probably has like eight sub-hobbies but we'll collapse the tree
* building a home studio/audio rig
* motorcycles
* building Expedtnedbr out into a camp truck
* video editing/meme production
* cleaning and mirin' (but not really shooting due to ammo prices) my bang sticks
* and now fishing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

do u fly fish jonny

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i wanna get into ham radio poo poo but i can never focus enough to read through this study manual thing i bought

if i had to list my hobbies n poo poo probably uhhh

- not piracy, officer
- uhhh
- hmmmmm

i dont know what my hobbies are

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Oh hell no, not yet. i literally bought my license yesterday after not fishing for 15 years. i'm interested in fly eventually but let's land a few first

we got reservoirs around here that get stocked with trout and there's tons of bluegill and bass in them too

here's what i threw a hundo at this morning to get started

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

u already doing the best hobby, op

posting

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

fishin' ain't poo poo but hooks and sticks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i watched a how to video on hook removal for when i inevitably sink a 2" hook into my shoulder with a hosed up cast and it's both more and less gory than i imagined. They did a live demo, so. I know the technique now at least

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we should just all ship a medium size arsenal to hbag. just ar15s on every surface

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

i watched a how to video on hook removal for when i inevitably sink a 2" hook into my shoulder with a hosed up cast and it's both more and less gory than i imagined. They did a live demo, so. I know the technique now at least

you know what i like to do is fish without hooks or bait. especially if i can stick my feet in the water :allears:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bob dobbs is dead posted:

we should just all ship a medium size arsenal to hbag. just ar15s on every surface

im not sure if you forgot what country i live in or if :thejoke:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

do u fly fish jonny

https://i.imgur.com/9hUFQvP.mp4

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
look out here come my fish

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
90-95% survival rate on that tactic, too. It's amazing lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

carry on then posted:

u already doing the best hobby, op

posting

thats cool but the word posting is a synonym for making GBS threads and that doesn't seem like a hobby imo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

this is incredibly loving funny holy poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Thinking about getting a commercial pilot's license just so I can fly the fish bomber

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

right now i found a way to make a stackless, branchless lisp parser so my computery focused stuff is learning sizecoding so i can fit it all into a bootloader, which is making me wish id actually bothered to learn assembler rather than copying and pasting snippets of other people's assembler back when i was a wee lass noodling about

PokeJoe posted:

thanks. i did a set of 6 and hung them in my kitchen

now im thinking of radical woodcuts printed onto stickers with a waterproof ink,, sounds hella cool

bob dobbs is dead posted:

trans rights militia when

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

alexandriao posted:

trans rights militia when
Tenacious Unicorn Ranch is pretty well strapped up since they started having chud problems

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

one of my (also trans) friends builds their own guns
so they have 1 registered gun and then a shitload of (legally) unregistered guns that they built themself

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

this is airplane equivalent of garbage disposal

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

one of my (also trans) friends builds their own guns
so they have 1 registered gun and then a shitload of (legally) unregistered guns that they built themself

probably not a great idea to admit this on a forum that is archived into the library of congress

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ms jones and i used to fly fish a lot. it's great.

for ham radio, you don't need a license to listen. you do to transmit, but getting your tech license is trivial:
1. read the free "no nonsense" guide (google for that term)
2. take some practice tests on hamstudy.org
3. take an online proctored test

it'll cost you 3 or 4 hours and like $15 all told

for music, what that other person (i forgot who) said is right: just play around with some stuff. i basically just load a preset and noodle around on my little 25 key midi keyboard. i suck and have only
made mediocre-at-best tracks but who cares it's fun. basically just dick around. get a pocket operator or volca or w/e to see if you like it. i am bad at ableton but all i really need to do is loop the loops so 🤷‍♀️

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alexandriao posted:

probably not a great idea to admit this on a forum that is archived into the library of congress

i literally said in my post that they are legally unregistered
they are allowed to have them
the government is well aware of them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-NbpfrMAgk

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

i literally said in my post that they are legally unregistered
they are allowed to have them
the government is well aware of them

misread it but that's p cool

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

alexandriao posted:

i think they stopped doing that years ago

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the key to finishing a song on the computer is to not install the loving waves platinum bundle and thirty VST instruments out of the gate.

see what you can do with the stock synths and shittyverb that come with fruityloops or renoise or whatever

when you finish a track only then may you install another VST. you must use that to finish the second, which then permits you to install a second VST etc.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

prefect posted:

i think they stopped doing that years ago

https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0009701/

They have from 2002 to 2020

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

it says it goes to 2021

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

huh. i know there was something they stopped archiving. my bad

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

PIZZA.BAT posted:

it says it goes to 2021

Yeah but the captures viewable on my mobile browser only go to 2020

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: it really bothers me that my ears aren't equally far back on my head, so my glasses can't have exactly symmetrical arms :saddowns:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

* building Expedtnedbr out into a camp truck

I’d like to see more posts about this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
will do. i have basic power wiring and lighting going, and of course ham rigs. next step is to build a drawer/shelf setup for it and add solar. im waiting for plywood prices to hiccup down a bit first though

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

will do. i have basic power wiring and lighting going, and of course ham rigs. next step is to build a drawer/shelf setup for it and add solar. im waiting for plywood prices to hiccup down a bit first though

have you thought of adding legs to make the drawers more stable when fully pulled out?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

Looks cool. I want to build out a campervan pretty badly but don't have the space to do so, so I've been vicariously watching internet builds

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

have you thought of adding legs to make the drawers more stable when fully pulled out?

Oh, yeah. especially the ones that have a pullout stove, you want a fold down something like this

generally though people buy these enormous industrial grade drawer slides so unless you have the drawers filled with lead shot, everything's pretty stable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that’s very cool
the drawers I built for my truck don’t have that nice carpet but I built a platform for the camp stove and removable inserts to make different sized compartments