Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I fully expect the TSLA stock to just absolutely randomly crater in a couple of weeks with no provocation whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Truga posted:

e: also lol @ pedobear in 2018, who makes these graphs :cripes:

I just assume that’s in reference to the Thai cave diver

at least he’s wearing a cute hat

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

that is loving limmy the scottish comedian right

every time i see this gif i go "that's limmy somehow"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Teal posted:

I fully expect the TSLA stock to just absolutely randomly crater in a couple of weeks with no provocation whatsoever.

I expect a lot of things to start mattering suddenly and they don't. Because this is 2018

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Its gonna be hilarious when they lose even more money next quarter, but insist they're about become profitable next quarter and the stock goes up again

At this point, I'm not even gonna make fun of Musk. He clearly knows how to say exactly what these people want, to the extent that they'll just ignore how dumb he is

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it
My guess is that whatever catalyst pops the bond bubble will pop Tesla's valuation. That or Musk really believes he doesn't need to raise money and he defaults on all of the debt that is maturing in the next 12m

The Glumslinger posted:

At this point, I'm not even gonna make fun of Musk. He clearly knows how to say exactly what these people want, to the extent that they'll just ignore how dumb he is

It's trump's America, we're just livin in it

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

why are these people so owned about their cars https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/my-delivery-experience.123801/

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I'm guessing the catalyst for Tesla's demise will be all the defects people experience with the cars that ol musky rushed out of production without the proper inspections.

And by defects I mean either burning alive or being murdered by its lovely autopilot system.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

It's just...if you pay like $100k for a car don't just shrug off a laundry list of defects and flaws

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I'm guessing it's because people are afraid of being shuttled back to the end of the line and waiting another six months

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
these people have way more money than sense

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/my-experience-so-far-after-2-weeks-for-owning-a-model-3.124582/

quote:

Delivery was a complete disaster. Schedule pick up on Sunday July 15, waited 5 Hours and contracts were not ready. Told It will be ready Monday July 16. They were not ready either. Told Come in Tuesday July 17, at 2:00pm everything is ready... nothing was ready wait 5 more hours. Paper contract came back finance was all wrong ended up paying an addition $4,000 dollar so they didn't have to redo the loan.

With customers like these, how can you fail?

quote:

They readjusted the parking sensor, but after doing that the sensor did not work. I engaged auto pilot this morning drove to the service center... no warnings, no alert, auto pilot allowed me to engage even though parking/distance sensor were not working. I got on the left lane on freeway 101, the car didn't sense the barrier, if I wasn't pay attention it would have hit the barrier because the parking/distance sensor were not working.

Hmm yeah this guy's a smart dude. Knows the sensor isn't working, uses autopilot anyway and nearly Darwin's himself.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Teal posted:

Brief reminder that all goons should stay away from options trading.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Reclines Obesily posted:

yeah he'll step down in 2 years to run the greatest company on earth, the USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_cG_lpaUAc

:anime:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pigz posted:

these people have way more money than sense

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/my-experience-so-far-after-2-weeks-for-owning-a-model-3.124582/

With customers like these, how can you fail?

Hmm yeah this guy's a smart dude. Knows the sensor isn't working, uses autopilot anyway and nearly Darwin's himself.

it's cool that the autopilot has zero protections against murdering yourself with it and these brain geniuses just keep on using it. maybe part of the thrill of driving a tesla is the constant creeping sense of imminent death

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

any sane non-stupid person would have told the dealer to fix all that poo poo ASAP

quote:

Overall, the inspection was good. There were definitely some issues, but I believe they were all minor. The FWDs and front doors opened just fine, nice and fast and no squeaking. Interior was in pretty good shape. The passenger side window does squeak when rolling all the way up automatically. They guy said it might be because it's wet (I know better, but was nice about it since I have to come back anyway). I'll just ask them to grease it when I take the car back to get the rest of it fixed.

There were slight panel fitment issues. Most of the car is fine. There's a small gap in where the passenger side rear quarter panel meets the trunk piece. Some of the chrome trim around the FWD is slightly off. I pointed this out to the guys and they took the car back and measured. They came back saying it was off a little and they'd call to set up an appointment and fix it all at once. Some of the rubber/silicone moulding doesn't look like it's set right, but it looks like it just needs to be tucked in under the chrome trim a little.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I'm guessing the catalyst for Tesla's demise will be all the defects people experience with the cars that ol musky rushed out of production without the proper inspections.

And by defects I mean either burning alive or being murdered by its lovely autopilot system.

They had a very high defect rate in each of their previous models and it hasn't come close to breaking the mattering barrier.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

now imagine the reaction if that experience was posted about Porsche instead of Tesla

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Agrajag posted:

any sane non-stupid person would have told the dealer to fix all that poo poo ASAP

there were only some slight issues on every single loving thing and surface and even the space between the surfaces but other than that it's great
go elon!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

not a cult posted:

there were only some slight issues on every single loving thing and surface and even the space between the surfaces but other than that it's great
go elon!

didn't the dude also mention the car made a grinding noise when it went uphill?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Agrajag posted:

reads like an open box description tbh

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

If Tesla manages to tread water for another couple years, it's going to be fun as the owners and fanboys watch a whole fleet of electric Volvos come off a real manufacturing line with real safety standards. Plus the $150k 600hp, 1000kN Polestar1 that can run on a track without shutting down, and a $60k 400hp Polestar2 crossover with 350 mile range.

Maybe Volvo is blowing some smoke about the next couple years, but being thoroughly embarrassed in both performance and production of EVs by the Chinese and Swedes would be some fine icing for the eloncake.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dom: you piece of poo poo
Sub, bound and partially gagged: ummh, more
D: you wanna be whipped? i said no talking
S: mmmmh
D:you deserve this, in gonna crush your balls you little bitch
S: oh yeah
D: ill make you buy a tesla
S: oh gently caress poo poo safe word! SAFE WORD!

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

ikanreed posted:

I expect a lot of things to start mattering suddenly and they don't. Because this is 2018

Oh I don't mean it's going to crater because it should have, I mean it's going to crater randomly because that's how the market works, potentially on some insane double good news announcement of Tesla Blimp and Grimes being pregnant.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Vox Nihili posted:

I thought about it on Monday but there were too many to pick from and I immediately realized I don't know what the hell I'm doing

#blessed

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

i'm going insane reading this poo poo https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/cant-lock-myself-out-my-car-anymore

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

if anything they should stick to options

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Dom: you piece of poo poo
Sub, bound and partially gagged: ummh, more
D: you wanna be whipped? i said no talking
S: mmmmh
D:you deserve this, in gonna crush your balls you little bitch
S: oh yeah
D: ill make you buy a tesla
S: oh gently caress poo poo safe word! SAFE WORD!

to utter the safeword please remove the speaker grill panel and pull on this string protruding from my b hole

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/leighalexander/status/1024998983859613697

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Boo get off the stage

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

moist turtleneck posted:

Boo get off the stage

... and into my car

*auto-pilots into an oncoming bankruptcy*

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

i think because of the still-boutique nature of the cars, they just refuse to be disappointed

like have you ever had an idea of something in your head, and then the reality of it was disappointing, but you couldn't help but put up some denial about how it was actually good rather than accept that disappointment

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lancemantis posted:

i think because of the still-boutique nature of the cars, they just refuse to be disappointed

like have you ever had an idea of something in your head, and then the reality of it was disappointing, but you couldn't help but put up some denial about how it was actually good rather than accept that disappointment

yea every time i post

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the ree musketeers yes

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lancemantis posted:

Yeah, I think that these guys have been looking forward to this for years and have been watching a zillion of whatever the car equivalent of an unboxing video is on Youtube, and they can't bring themselves to admit it wasn't worth it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's cool that the autopilot has zero protections against murdering yourself with it and these brain geniuses just keep on using it. maybe part of the thrill of driving a tesla is the constant creeping sense of imminent death

lmao he got delivered a car with multiple quality defects but he still worships the company.

Maybe Tesla fans are not too separated from the stupidity of rabid Apple fans.

quote:

I know I still love my Model 3 I just hope and pray nothing else ever breaks again.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Agrajag posted:

christ my 29 year old Volvo that's been parked in the sun the entire time still has better fit & finish than that car

"Some of the chrome trim around the FWD is slightly off."

this doesn't even make sense unless FWD is some sort of tesla part and not a principle of operation

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Gotta love that new car shine

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
god those panel gaps are worse than what 70s domestic cars had.

like that's not even acceptable on a $13k 3-cyl Mitsubishi Mirage or whatever the terrible cheapest car in America is.

all that weatherstripping is hosed up too it just keeps getting worse

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
the apple watch just kind of completes that image for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Agrajag posted:

And if you look at the pictures he posted it's like

*Zero* panels are decently aligned. Zero.

Btw the stuck jumped a lot more today