Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

lmao Luke is such a goober, also the first time I think reality TV editing has been used so hilariously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Chris Leben to tell all in new book.

He expects the book to be out in time for Christmas

This and the first Forrest book are the first two installments of the PSPMMA Book Club. We will not be reading the Matt Hughes Autobiography. Bonus points for Jenna Jameson videos if you can relate them to Tito!

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
please read tank abbott's book 'bar brawler: befor [sic] there were rules' for the book club tia

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
If you didn't think Cort's Kimbo video was funny, I don't know how you work.

Can someone get Mobn back? Or link his thread from when we supported him in his endeavor to get hurt by a moon man in a tournament?

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Captain Log posted:

Can someone get Mobn back? Or link his thread from when we supported him in his endeavor to get hurt by a moon man in a tournament?

haha yes his tournament was awesome. Mobn please return.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Neurosis posted:

please read tank abbott's book 'bar brawler: befor [sic] there were rules' for the book club tia

I read it, I am upset the next two books aren't out yet.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

I read it, I am upset the next two books aren't out yet.

Didn't realise it wasn't a biography

quote:

Walter Foxx, Happening Beach, California’s most feared bar brawler, works at Sea Lion Beach Liquor at night, attends Wong Beach State College in the day, and dishes out street justice in his spare time to the scumbags, posers, wannabes, and bullies of the world who violate his personal code of honor. Driving a 1987 Chevy Sprint with his faithful pit bull Adolf riding shotgun, Walter and his twisted crew of Poppa Chulo, Rolando, Big Cal, and Gonzo hold court at the Dead Grunion bar where they take on all comers. When Walter sees a man beating his girlfriend one night and steps in to assist her, he gets punched for his trouble and makes the perp pay. The man has friends in high places, though, and Walter soon finds himself facing felony assault charges that his 600 pound bench-press-fueled fighting skills alone can’t beat. As he battles liars on the stand and his own hapless attorney John Wittless in a desperate bid to clear his name and avoid prison, Walter struggles to understand what his life means and what his future holds. Author David "Tank" Abbott, the “Huntington Beach Bad Boy” and the world’s most famous brawler, had over 200 street fights before bursting onto the MMA scene in 1995 when he shocked the world by defeating larger opponents with crushing ferocity inside the cage to become a household name. He later went on to star in the most watched “Friends” episode of all time before becoming a fixture at Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling where he quickly became one of its most recognizable and popular personalities. He later returned to the cage with his trademark intensity, leaving an indelible and enduring legacy. This seminal three-novel work chronicles the adventures of fictional character Walter Foxx, who is at the crossroads of his life and who navigates the harsh worlds of bar brawling and street fighting with the goal of living his dream and following his passion and someday becoming a no-holds-barred fighter. Written from the ultimate insider’s perspective, Tank Abbott takes readers from the parking lot to the cage with a realism and honesty about mixed martial arts never before told or exposed − until now!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
If someone posted that novel, sentence by sentence, with one post per sentence so that it was the only thing in the thread for the next 300 pages, I would rather read that than CortXBomb's posts.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Captain Log posted:

mobn sadly asphyxiated while having sex under his 400 pound wife

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on" is an amazing sentence and I'm shocked that Tank could come up with it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Not entirely sure what brought on the cortx videos, but lol.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
nws nms
seriously don't click this
Bobby Green
http://imgur.com/sBefkym

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fozzy The Bear posted:

nws nms
Bobby Green

The hell am I even looking at?

Is that a shitton of sutures to reattach a mustle or some form of localized rot or whatever?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The hell am I even looking at?

Is that a shitton of sutures to reattach a mustle or some form of localized rot or whatever?

He has a torn quad right? I think those are stitches to reattach it?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Did Bobby finally get shot?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fozzy The Bear posted:

nws nms
Bobby Green

Pft, don't be a bitch, modern medicine is cool.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

vainman posted:

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on" is an amazing sentence and I'm shocked that Tank could come up with it

'the judge was a blue blood, the kind that had read a thousand books but never lived a page in her life'

OOOOOOHHHHH

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Driving a 1987 Chevy Sprint with his faithful pit bull Adolf riding shotgun, Walter and his twisted crew of Poppa Chulo, Rolando, Big Cal, and Gonzo hold court at the Dead Grunion bar where they take on all comers

Put this on my tombstone

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
that crew is known as 'KAOS' fyi

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

nws nms
Bobby Green

Jesus christ.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's not bad at all compared to the thread in GBS about a guy who set himself on fire

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Driving a 1987 Chevy Sprint with his faithful pit bull Adolf riding shotgun, Walter and his twisted crew of Poppa Chulo, Rolando, Big Cal, and Gonzo hold court at the Dead Grunion bar where they take on all comers

paging cortex bomb to record some dramatic readings of this good book preferably while dressed up like David 'Tank' Abbot (may require growing head hairs)

or i guess wearing a very bad wig

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
every time I saw that picture before now I thought it was a larping wizard wearing a skullcap

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

every time I saw that picture before now I thought it was a larping wizard wearing a skullcap

Same

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/25/7868155/tj-dillashaw-urijah-faber-team-alpha-male-mma-news

TJ doesn't want to have to kick Faber's rear end, so noble. Please Dominick stop being injured for five minutes and murder him for me.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

THE BUTT MAN posted:

paging cortex bomb to record some dramatic readings of this good book preferably while dressed up like David 'Tank' Abbot (may require growing head hairs)

or i guess wearing a very bad wig

Can not grow that amount of head hairs. Call me when you need a Hulk Hogan impersonator. I could rock a skullet. I doubt it would be as silky as Hogan's though.

I think that's Tank's real hair for some reason. I believe it.

I can however perform the Tank Abbot taunt after I Matua manyak

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I thought Tank Abbott in the pic was Brian Blessed

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
In BAR BRAWLER, not-Tank watches the very first not-UFC, which he believes is another bullshit pro wrestling PPV until not-Gerard Gordeau kicks the teeth out of not-Teila Tuli's face

Then some Mexican dude in pajamas named Garcia wins the whole drat thing

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
TANK ABBOT
I've sworn to non-violent methods now. Please let me in peace.

NOOB AT BAR
Oh So you're saying you're pussy and I won the fight via ring countout because you left the ring to not fight me and were counted out and now I'm the baddest rear end in USA?

TANK ABBOT
(Internally we see the go button being pressed and the fight clutch going into 5th gear as the rear end kicking truck revs up and drives down the strip to Buttsmash Blvd.)
Kid You've awoken the Kraken and I'm going sing you some fist music.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

In BAR BRAWLER, not-Tank watches the very first not-UFC, which he believes is another bullshit pro wrestling PPV until not-Gerard Gordeau kicks the teeth out of not-Teila Tuli's face

Then some Mexican dude in pajamas named Garcia wins the whole drat thing

Having read excerpts, Tank's writing style is way similar to The Turner Diaries.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I hate to be the bearer of real life but you guys know it's super unlikely that Tank Abbott wrote that book without heavy assistance, right?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bluedeanie posted:

I hate to be the bearer of real life but you guys know it's super unlikely that Tank Abbott wrote that book without heavy assistance, right?

You realize there's a mispelling in the goddamn title of the book right?

e: excuse me, title of the trilogy

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Only if they kiss too.

BTW apparently somebody got his butt hurt and started some post talking poo poo about me on some forum dedicated to bitching about things that happen on this forum. I think that poo poo is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL1otYVDntk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiIlbz4BrJk

This is how I envisioned my podcast with JT would end up looking, I am glad it didn't.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Bluedeanie posted:

He wrote it & please don't throw unfounded insults at tank abbot per the new punch sport rules.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

If by assistance, you mean gallons of vodka, yeah.

If you mean another human helped him, there are way too many spelling mistakes to think an editor of any merit was involved.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i keep laughing at his faithful pitbull, Adolf

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i keep laughing at his faithful pitbull, Adolf

HITLER DOG

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

ceaselessfuture posted:

I honestly thought LobsterMobster had photoshopped Michael Bisping's hair onto Tank's head.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Luftebarker.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Trast posted:

Luftebarker.

Woof-twaffe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...