Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Auto-Axe is definitely on the high end of power but I miss how satisfying the shredder minigun is, it feels so dirty and brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
my current fo76 loop
  • logon and sell all the junk i got too much of, reaching cap limit
  • look at dailies thinking of doing some but an event pops up
  • inventory mangement, scrip, gold, drop junk i can't sell/store
  • maybe try to do some obtuse daily but another event comes up
  • repeat

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Inzombiac posted:

Looks sick!

Help, I can't decide. I love them all.

Taking the AOE melee legendary perk means all automatic melee weapons are INSANE.

Exterminator is boring and instigating is wasted on a fast weapon so nuts to those two I'd say.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Booty Pageant posted:

my current fo76 loop
  • logon and sell all the junk i got too much of, reaching cap limit
  • look at dailies thinking of doing some but an event pops up
  • inventory mangement, scrip, gold, drop junk i can't sell/store
  • maybe try to do some obtuse daily but another event comes up
  • repeat

Now that D4 S4 is out and it's good, I'm probably going to concentrate on completing my dailies each morning and maybe an event each day and that will be it until next season. I won't be completing this season pass, I'm only like level 40 in it. I hope to get the cremator mods.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i've been surprisingly crash free but the jank singularity that is eviction notice finally got me, i'm chalking it up to the fact that i was being selective with my looting by only grabbing ammo, did it again and just went gently caress it grab all, no crash. for me anyway, one by one my group dropped out and i realised that's what the looping minigun sounds are made by

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Black Griffon posted:

Exterminator is boring and instigating is wasted on a fast weapon so nuts to those two I'd say.

Agreed. The other leggys on them is why I don't reroll :(

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Winding Path camp set stuff looks nice.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Free Bowling Arcade machine (+2 Luck and Perception for 30 min) just for signing up for Bethesda emails: https://freebundle.bethesda.net/en-US Hit the Fortune Teller first and the luck buff stacks.

bizwank fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 16, 2024

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

bizwank posted:

Free Bowling Arcade machine (+2 Luck and Perception for 30 min) just for signing up for Bethesda emails: https://freebundle.bethesda.net/en-US. Hit the Fortune Teller first and the luck buff stacks.

working link: https://freebundle.bethesda.net/en-US

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have no T-65 plans but thinking about getting the calibrated shocks from Minerva. T-65 is supposed to be on sale in a couple weeks right?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Kaddish posted:

I have no T-65 plans but thinking about getting the calibrated shocks from Minerva. T-65 is supposed to be on sale in a couple weeks right?

looks like if the schedule follows it's like 9 weeks away?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, I hit 62, and went to craft a laser rifle as I wanted to have an automatic that works alongside my Gauss Rifle. And...I notice that I never got the plans for a Laser weapon. No big deal, I'll go check a few camps and, worst comes to worst, buy it at the Mall for an exorbitant amount. Only problem is, no vendors carry it. WTF?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Ninurta posted:

So, I hit 62, and went to craft a laser rifle as I wanted to have an automatic that works alongside my Gauss Rifle. And...I notice that I never got the plans for a Laser weapon. No big deal, I'll go check a few camps and, worst comes to worst, buy it at the Mall for an exorbitant amount. Only problem is, no vendors carry it. WTF?

That's because Laser Rifles start as Laser Guns and only turn into Laser Rifles when you change the stock.

Yes, that's how Bethesda designed it.

E: Vendors do not sell the plan for the Laser Gun, it's a random drop from bigger creatures in the Forest or the Toxic Valley. Also from events in those two locations and from world containers and mirrors. All random chance.

I think there are two locations where they can always spawn as world spawns, aka items anyone can pick up. Clarksburg Gunshop for sure and, but I'm not 100% on that, the Charleston Herald manager or CEO office or whatever it's named.

EE:

Well, there you go lol
(I have the wiki blocked because Fandom is rear end and am not on my home comp to check the other one.)

vv

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 16, 2024

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

The Wiki is always your friend: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_76_plans/Weapons

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think the one thing I hate about the fallout 4 update is that this stupid creator club quest they added locks off the North East part of the map behind these high level enclave dudes.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I know right!!!

I died to them once so when I reloaded I fast traveled somewhere else and then they ambushed me there. :mad:

I ran from them and came back for them when I had better gear. They'll happily wait there with the "Defeat the Ambush" quest still hanging around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you need TP and plungers for week 2 challenge, check bathrooms at rail stations.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

If you need TP and plungers for week 2 challenge, check bathrooms at rail stations.

I did mine in 5 minutes in Whitesprings staff toilets next to the laundry room which has more than enough TP, and the last plunger from the toilets in cabins surrounding the area.

And as it turns out, they don't count if you pick them while wearing power armor.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lowes taxidermy (where you go for the sheepsquatch) has a lot of tp but it isn't instanced

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I knocked out week one with a run through Whitesprings; events like this is where the 1st Private Server option really shines cause I don't have to worry about someone else looting a spot before I get there.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I really gotta take advantage of the private server option more when I gotta kill a cryprid or something and it just won't show up.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

For perks like one gun army, do I need to be shooting a specific limb to trigger a cripple proc on it, or will it just randomly cripple body parts as I mag dump into an enemy? I want to land scorch beasts/sbq without using vats so I'm kinda hoping it's the latter. I feel like this should have been easy to find an answer on, but Googling "How does One Gun Army/Tormentor work?" buries you with like 6 years of random threads.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Private server is fine, but if somebody else has looted an area just hit ctrl+tab, leave the server, and join a new one. You can do that until the stuff is there for you. Note that this only works if the stuff is gone because somebody else looted it first. If it is one of the last 256 things YOU looted you need to loot more stuff for it to respawn.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Hakarne posted:

For perks like one gun army, do I need to be shooting a specific limb to trigger a cripple proc on it, or will it just randomly cripple body parts as I mag dump into an enemy? I want to land scorch beasts/sbq without using vats so I'm kinda hoping it's the latter. I feel like this should have been easy to find an answer on, but Googling "How does One Gun Army/Tormentor work?" buries you with like 6 years of random threads.

They work outside of vats, but the chance is much lower for automatic weapons than advertised on the card (that is the chance for semi-auto weapons)
I'm fairly sure you need to hit the wings manually, which uh is a challenge as they soar through the skies.
That's why suggested a few days ago that vats commandos slot Tormentor to speed up SBQ, and cripple Earles head so he won't terrorize/puke on you all the time.

Outside of these 2 occasions, the heavy/rifle cripple cards are obviously bad. Luck is way too crowded.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 16, 2024

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

sauer kraut posted:

They work outside of vats, but the chance is much lower for automatic weapons than advertised on the card (that is the chance for semi-auto weapons)
I'm fairly sure you need to hit the wings manually, which uh is a challenge as they soar through the skies.
That's why suggested a few days ago that vats commandos slot Tormentor to speed up SBQ, and cripple Earles head so he won't terrorize/puke on you all the time.

Outside of these 2 occasions, the heavy/rifle cripple cards are obviously bad. Luck is way too crowded.

Oh yeah, I think I read that post and gave Tormentor a try at SBQ because of it. It worked great with targeting her wing in vats, it broke super quick and she stayed on the ground outside of the rad zone. Died in like 2 minutes, it ruled.

I've been getting into a no-vats heavy weapons build and wasn't sure if One Gun Army worked the same way. The way it was worded was different and I found a post from close to release saying all limbs were breaking on stuff just from random shooting, but I wasn't sure if that was wrong or had changed. I was hoping that stacking OGA with a Holy Fire would let me quickly break a wing when they landed, either through splashing it or just regular procs of the card. I also rolled a Vamp/Limb Damage Cremator, not sure how effective that would be for crippling SBQ/Earle though.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
How cripple works with a flamer, I haven't the first clue mate sorry :unsmith:

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land

Inzombiac posted:

Looks sick!

Help, I can't decide. I love them all.

The legendary effects on that Mr. Handy Buzz Blade are pretty spot on, that thing should do work.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

How cripple works with a flamer, I haven't the first clue mate sorry :unsmith:

the only thing you really want/need cripple for is dropping scorchbeasts or other high flyers, so you don't want it for a flamer, a common application is some sort of shotgun that you just tap the target with VATS hits a couple of time to force it down.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

"problem" with doing a lot of expeditions: I've developed a large backlog of 2/3 star trash legendaries taking up stash space because of the 500 scrip daily sell limit.
I have 4 characters :sludgepal:

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Flesh Forge posted:

"problem" with doing a lot of expeditions: I've developed a large backlog of 2/3 star trash legendaries taking up stash space because of the 500 scrip daily sell limit.
I have 4 characters :sludgepal:
I'll sell some for you, for a cut :D

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Private server is fine, but if somebody else has looted an area just hit ctrl+tab, leave the server, and join a new one. You can do that until the stuff is there for you. Note that this only works if the stuff is gone because somebody else looted it first. If it is one of the last 256 things YOU looted you need to loot more stuff for it to respawn.

I had to switch servers four times once to get a wendigo to spawn.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Morality_Police posted:

The legendary effects on that Mr. Handy Buzz Blade are pretty spot on, that thing should do work.

Yeah that's what I landed on.
The vampiric chain sword is hella good for keeping healthy during events but the Buzzer outpaces it in DMG.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Save up for the Auto-Axe plus energy mod, it is 100 percent busted

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

My melee holdout piece is still a level 35 Mr. Handy saw with the consecutive hit effect. I've tried to roll the same on a level 45 one, but I've had no luck so far.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SettingSun posted:

Funny thing I noticed about both FO4 and now 76 (thanks for the tips btw) is that the writer does not seem to know how to use 'it's' correctly. I've never seen it used correctly in any subtitle.

It's a pretty common problem and probably always has been given how conditioned we are to the ['s] indicating possession. What's more hosed is that predictive text and auto correct have gotten so gung ho that I've seen them "correcting" my own texts wrongly. In a couple of decades I'm betting we're going to see some interesting papers on the damage phone-centric communication does to english and anglophones ability to communicate.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I played 76 a few years back. Got up to level 90-something, but my friend stopped playing and I ran out of steam.

Now my friend wants to play again, so I booted it back up and... I remember gently caress all about this game. I remember the world and the neat base I built and I think I have a decent build. I can probably figure out what else I'm supposed to be doing from quests and such.

But my biggest problem is that my inventory is full, as is my stash at base. I've got a ton of stuff for sale at specific prices I'm sure I thought were reasonable back when I set them. Is there any easy way to tell what is or isn't worth hoarding short of looking up each item?

Or maybe I should ask- are there any specific rare or constantly useful resources I might have gotten by level 90 that I should definitely not throw away?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I have reached the conclusion that pretty much no scrap resources are valuable at all, outside of the very rare situation that I want to craft a bunch of a specific item and attempt to legendary craft specific things. You really, really don't need to craft ammo at all any more and the new character I made when I started back up, started with empty pockets and I just .... never felt the need to craft anything :shrug:

You need a little bit of junk for repairing armor, Ballistic Fiber is one of the very few categories that you have to work for a little bit (or just buy it). Adhesive is another but as I've been saying there's gobs of preset NPC crops just lying around you can harvest and make loads of it. Screws and springs. Rubber. Can't really think of anything else that is very difficult to get in the course of normal running around scrapping a few weapons when necessary.

e: pack everything into Bulk units that will do it. vendor or throw away all of that above maybe 20 units. sort through what's left and throw most of that away too. et voila you have cleared up about half your storage space.
don't hoard any ammo at all, throw it all out. even plasma cores, even missiles. keep 2 or so fusion cores maybe. if you have an urge to use a weapon and you need ammo for it just equip it and go around hitting donation boxes, loot boxes and duffel bags at train stations and various other places. even gatling plasma, even ultracite weapons. really no point in hoarding ammo at all any more.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 17, 2024

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I agree with the scrap and ammo. I ditch nearly all of my common scrap aside from stuff for repairs for my weapons and armor that I am currently using. I do keep a few rare materials around that are hard to obtain, but for the remainder I'll just give it to a vendor or put it in the donation box.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the only thing i resort to buying are screws, everything else becomes too common from picking up everything in events. i'm having a hard time keeping my junk down cause it's too easy to hit cap limit, i thought with the alien events being over i'd stop getting so many circuits but i somehow ended up with another 400 pieces

i think fluxes are the last out of the way resource but only get it when you need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

remember that places like the Whitespring Mall have gobs of bulk stuff like rubber and wood and steel very cheap
e: if you are having problems staying ammo positive with pretty much any weapon at all, post what you're using here and I'm very sure that is fixable

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 17, 2024