Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dork holes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:biglips:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

the runback to Capra is terrible, but if you take the stairs down just in front of the fog gate, you can unlock a shortcut to Firelink. that runback is long, but it's not a gauntlet like from the Undead Burg.

DS1 is dank, but full of bullshit and half finished areas in the back half of the game. it's also hilariously broken by speedrunners and code explorers. don't feel bad about cheesing what can be cheesed.

DS2 is extra everything supersize souls. lots of build options, the best fashion souls, also lots and lots of jank. (and bosses that's a just huge guy in armor).

DS3 is tight. best balance and smoothness in gameplay. very linear compared to DS1, but most of the bullshit has been stripped out.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

axolotl farmer posted:

the runback to Capra is terrible, but if you take the stairs down just in front of the fog gate, you can unlock a shortcut to Firelink. that runback is long, but it's not a gauntlet like from the Undead Burg.

DS1 is dank, but full of bullshit and half finished areas in the back half of the game. it's also hilariously broken by speedrunners and code explorers. don't feel bad about cheesing what can be cheesed.

DS2 is extra everything supersize souls. lots of build options, the best fashion souls, also lots and lots of jank. (and bosses that's a just huge guy in armor).

DS3 is tight. best balance and smoothness in gameplay. very linear compared to DS1, but most of the bullshit has been stripped out.

i cosign this post

also ds3 has the best weapon in a dark souls, the breakdancing sword

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

TontoCorazon posted:

I recently beat DS3 for the first time. I'd say it is correct to say it is the closest to ER. I enjoyed it a lot

And DS2 kinda blows. Just feels awful to play, kinda hard to explain but everything felt sluggish. I gave up and went straight to DS3.

DS2 is an amazing sequel to DS1 that is an improvement on everything that game did.

DS3 is that but to Bloodborne instead

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c fo4 s: finally hit fatigue point on my survival run. made it to the place you need to be in glowing sea for the liberty prime mission and just… lost the drive to push ahead. might have something to do with having caught up on my podcasts

still have not picked a side definitively, but have joined all except the minutemen who remain unmet in concord. i’m at level 31 and have 15,000 caps and mark V X-01 power armor with 20 cores on an endurance 1 + charisma 1 build. feels like actually finishing the game is fait accomplit, which sucks the fun out of even playing survival tbqh

i will note that my strat of rushing to diamond city to get home plate as a main base of operations paid off. the institute teleport point is a quick sprint north, and that teleport point is a quick/reliable vertibird summoning point as well. railroad hq is a quick swim from boston airport. would recommend for anyone who just wants to spade out everything

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:thunk: :thunk:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

they are indoor sports, but i suppose you could take them out of doors

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

landlords, am i rite?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ5nHr6cDTY

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Saw that GHOST OF SUSHI MAN is dropping on PC tomorrow, looks fun but I'm doubtful my old PC will take the strain without dropping a bunch of settings down to Potato.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

animal well is really good, managed to get 1 flame yesterday

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Saw that GHOST OF SUSHI MAN is dropping on PC tomorrow, looks fun but I'm doubtful my old PC will take the strain without dropping a bunch of settings down to Potato.

I'm a huge slut for open world RPGs where you sneak through bases with kinda repetitive gameplay, I'm going to play this so hard.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

oh no blimp issue posted:

animal well is really good, managed to get 1 flame yesterday

it's fun! rolled credits the other day but still have a lot to figure out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
2 ghost 2 shima is a fantastic execution of an unoriginal idea. if you are not tired of the AAA open world formula you will probably like it a lot

animal well, on the other hand, is a fantastic execution of a shitton of original ideas

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

CASTLEVANIA: BULIMIA OF THE NIGHT

Keep walking, you didn't see anything.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

2 ghost 2 shima is a fantastic execution of an unoriginal idea. if you are not tired of the AAA open world formula you will probably like it a lot

animal well, on the other hand, is a fantastic execution of a shitton of original ideas

tbh for the most part animal well is A Metroidvania Game but gently caress if it's not a good one

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:stare:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's normal, don't worry about it..

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quiggy posted:

tbh for the most part animal well is A Metroidvania Game but gently caress if it's not a good one

I mean yeah that's the basic structure but all the gear you get and your ways of interacting with other things in the world are cool and unique and multifaceted

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah, I love slink in particular

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kenny Logins posted:

c fo4 s: finally hit fatigue point on my survival run. made it to the place you need to be in glowing sea for the liberty prime mission and just… lost the drive to push ahead. might have something to do with having caught up on my podcasts

still have not picked a side definitively, but have joined all except the minutemen who remain unmet in concord. i’m at level 31 and have 15,000 caps and mark V X-01 power armor with 20 cores on an endurance 1 + charisma 1 build. feels like actually finishing the game is fait accomplit, which sucks the fun out of even playing survival tbqh

i will note that my strat of rushing to diamond city to get home plate as a main base of operations paid off. the institute teleport point is a quick sprint north, and that teleport point is a quick/reliable vertibird summoning point as well. railroad hq is a quick swim from boston airport. would recommend for anyone who just wants to spade out everything

this is usually what happens to me too whenever i play fo4, i think the game is at its best when all the factions are fighting each other. after a while you realize there is a lot to do, but it isnt very deep

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this is usually what happens to me too whenever i play fo4, i think the game is at its best when all the factions are fighting each other. after a while you realize there is a lot to do, but it isnt very deep
i also kind of noped when i remembered fo4 doesn’t have ending slides that depend on different quests etc. it’s like 90% set and the last 10% is one of 5 things

yeah it’s pretty shallow. each faction just kind of goes into “kill each other faction” except if you do golden minutemen ending. and idgaf about the minutemen other than their unique gauss rifle

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SulMO_Ji674

Figure the cat-likers of YOSPOS will enjoy.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cjs: i have been having fun chopping robots in half in jedi survivor. having a quest hub in this game makes it feel more open worldish (even tho it is very much still a metroidvania) compared to the first one

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that's on gamepass now and feels close to goose game but as a cat

one of the early challenges is to knock a bunch of jam jars off the shelf in a grocer

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kuvo posted:

cjs: i have been having fun chopping robots in half in jedi survivor. having a quest hub in this game makes it feel more open worldish (even tho it is very much still a metroidvania) compared to the first one

that and quick travel

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

quiggy posted:

it's fun! rolled credits the other day but still have a lot to figure out.

ive got 2 flames atm, and i think i know how to get one more

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

its fun to play a game that doesn't overly rely on combat, it feels kind of like La-Mulana but way less esoteric (and without combat)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Weird remote exploration roguelike SCAVENGER SV4 is on 50% sale at the moment

https://store.steampowered.com/app/779590/Scavenger_SV4/

Figure it might appeal to folks who like keeping plates spinning.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lol, its going to be the year of emulators on the apple app store

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol, its going to be the year of emulators on the apple app store
a psp emulator and retroarch just dropped this week

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

after a few centuries, the starsector codex is finally getting an overhaul

https://fractalsoftworks.com/2024/05/11/codex-overhaul/

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

a psp emulator and retroarch just dropped this week

what

I don't see it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SulMO_Ji674

Figure the cat-likers of YOSPOS will enjoy.

will I get toxo playing this

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The Fool posted:

what

I don't see it
these are the links i followed

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/ppsspp-psp-emulator/id6496972903

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/retroarch/id6499539433

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

App used for summoning cats

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bless

couldn't find it in search

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

c jame s: wildermyth dlc :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
fyi: this weeks free epic game is dragon age inquisition (goty edition) from 2014