Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
thats either poo poo town or clumsy scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pinterest Mom posted:

hmm? What do you mean by this, I don't really have information about the balance and how strong I am relative to other players, do you?

I mean if you're struggling for good ranged options, we should focus on making sure at least one row, the melee row, is as well loaded as possible so it wins rather than trying to even it out. My own abilities are geared around defense rather than offense.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Magnus Gallant posted:

How was I rude?

You tunnelled me exclusively and told me to "get lynched." It felt like a personal attack.

If you left it at saying my cases were bad or that you thought I was scummy, that would be fair play. I thought you went too far.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

You tunnelled me exclusively and told me to "get lynched." It felt like a personal attack.

If you left it at saying my cases were bad or that you thought I was scummy, that would be fair play. I thought you went too far.

this is a bit precious for you birdy

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

ive never seen you not roll with the punhced and getting tearful that someone said get lynched sounds fake

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Venom Soag posted:

save me if you want to win because pmoms combat team sounds like trash but ive got the good poo poo

When I read your post history I don't read you as scum. When I read other's cases on you they make sense. I don't like voting for players who I can't personally understand as scum.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You say hi at least 4 times. A case can be made here.

Pecota hasn't been lurking as badly as some other players but he's noticeably absent and the few posts he has aren't worth much.

The Ninth Layer posted:

As to who I think is scum, the four players leading the vote charts are all players I'm unfamiliar with and I generally don't like to vote new/unfamiliar players if I have no knowledge of how they play. So I'm sticking with The Betrayer until he posts more.

Lumpen brought up some good points that better contextualize his vote. Do you still disagree with it? It's weird to me that you won't look through the post histories of those being voted to see if you can see what others see.

I think your defense of Venom is quite you but your lack of scum-hunting definitely isn't.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Tnl pop and mags are all scum

I think taste may be town and I like this list. Though I'm still undecided about mags.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

When I read your post history I don't read you as scum. When I read other's cases on you they make sense. I don't like voting for players who I can't personally understand as scum.

im not scum and the cases on me are about getting all pissy not about looking for scum

i rattle cages in every game mate and often cop a lynch for it but its better than being boring absent or taking you're self too seriously

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Venom Soag posted:

thats either poo poo town or clumsy scum

Yeah fair point. Withdrawn.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Someone post vote finder pls.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

amoeba going for lurker low content bingo

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

nah the more i think on it the more burdsstrike getting all degensive seems like an act

birdstrike always goofs around and joins in with any banter gettin his knickers in a knot over nothin makes no sense

##vote birdstrike

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Currently S31 looks the worst with his "why are we infighting" comment. It was clear by that time that we had left jokephase, do trying to push the thread back toward that is discouraging discussion and not beneficial to a town player at all.

##vote Section 31

Seriously though there's more than 3 people in this thread

Kash has a slew of joke posts early on and then continues to prod the general populace to post more. He then continues by adding very little to the conversation and with general information help. He's taking up space and for someone asking content (perhaps to then manipulate it) he hasn't really been producing much of it.

##vote Kashuno

I'll also vote MCS in the effort to get him up to 4 and make him our 2nd plurality over Venom who ultimately I'm not sure is scum. Rather a scummy (as far as we can get with 2 posts) lurker.

I don't know if I'll make it till deadline since I"m getting tired but I'll change my vote when/if necessary.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Venom Soag posted:

nah the more i think on it the more burdsstrike getting all degensive seems like an act

birdstrike always goofs around and joins in with any banter gettin his knickers in a knot over nothin makes no sense

##vote birdstrike

He seemed pretty offended when he was called a 'crap weathervane' in the last game I played with him. Turns out he was town.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
In the interests of battle parties and hang choices, MEDS has requested a replacement.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

He seemed pretty offended when he was called a 'crap weathervane' in the last game I played with him. Turns out he was town.

maybe this is just how he plays now

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

busb posted:

In the interests of battle parties and hang choices, MEDS has requested a replacement.

##vote meds

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

An easy and wrong statement to make.

Amoeba102 posted:

Scum will do it to not rock the boat, town will do it because they can trust Pmom to be genuine.

You want to make any specific call outs of players doing something you think is scummy. Or are you just going to make an easy and wrong statement and leave it at that?

This series of posts comes off as really defensive, Amoeba. Did you take him talking about people following PMom to be talking about you specifically?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Venom Soag posted:

so King burgundy is scum yea?

Why would you make a post like this???

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

The Ninth Layer posted:

Why would you make a post like this???

why would you draw attention to that post???

part of the problem imo

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Lumpen brought up some good points that better contextualize his vote. Do you still disagree with it? It's weird to me that you won't look through the post histories of those being voted to see if you can see what others see.

I think your defense of Venom is quite you but your lack of scum-hunting definitely isn't.

Yeah, I still think it's pretty weak. Most of the points amount to Venom Soag is bad and they're irrespective of alignment. Third vote reason still sucks and it's not a reliable scumtell. Lumpen's best point is that Venom Soag abandoned a 100yrs suspicion early but at the same time it's day 1, too early to expect people not to be changing their minds a lot.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

This series of posts comes off as really defensive, Amoeba. Did you take him talking about people following PMom to be talking about you specifically?

I find it hard to believe you can characterise those two posts as defensive.

TT came in an made an undirected call out, then wouldn't elaborate on it when asked.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

I find it hard to believe you can characterise those two posts as defensive.

TT came in an made an undirected call out, then wouldn't elaborate on it when asked.

His callout applied to you and you seemed to be fishing for him to call you out.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

His callout applied to you and you seemed to be fishing for him to call you out.

And it could have applied to others. He needed to post unambiguously who he was calling out, or his original post just exists as a general statement with no aim or purpose.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Why are you defaulting to to insults?

Characterizing your hypersensitivity isn't defaulting to insults.

Further, you're willfully ignoring the fact that your original assertion was wildly illogical.

I could buy you as scum for it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Actually, with double plurality I'm fine throwing a vote your way.

##vote amoeba

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah, I still think it's pretty weak. Most of the points amount to Venom Soag is bad and they're irrespective of alignment. Third vote reason still sucks and it's not a reliable scumtell. Lumpen's best point is that Venom Soag abandoned a 100yrs suspicion early but at the same time it's day 1, too early to expect people not to be changing their minds a lot.

i shotgun vote all the time day one lumpen was just looking to white knight his buddy for easy points

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Kash has a slew of joke posts early on and then continues to prod the general populace to post more. He then continues by adding very little to the conversation and with general information help. He's taking up space and for someone asking content (perhaps to then manipulate it) he hasn't really been producing much of it.

##vote Kashuno

I tend to agree with this case and would also vote Kashuno.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Saying I'm having a meltdown, pissy and hypersensitive is ad hom and in no way addressing the content.

My original assertion was not illogical, as both scum and town would likely do the same thing with regards to following PMom blindly. I didn't say it was good play to follow PMom blindly. I said you were wrong to think of it as a scum tell. It is also an easy statement for scum to make to look insightful.

I may be playing badly - if you can stretch your imagination to even say I'm playing - but that is no scum tell.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

I tend to agree with this case and would also vote Kashuno.

You haven't played with me before but this is pretty much my d1 unless I find someone to tunnel on and Idk half the people here so :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The thing is though, everything I've said is fitting! You must acknowledge that in the hypothetical where I'm absolutely right it isn't at all an insult to say so.

And no, it's not logical unless you assume town is acting against their interest. What's the point of that mindset? I don't buy it from a town player.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Amoeba102 posted:

Saying I'm having a meltdown, pissy and hypersensitive is ad hom and in no way addressing the content.

My original assertion was not illogical, as both scum and town would likely do the same thing with regards to following PMom blindly. I didn't say it was good play to follow PMom blindly. I said you were wrong to think of it as a scum tell. It is also an easy statement for scum to make to look insightful.

I may be playing badly - if you can stretch your imagination to even say I'm playing - but that is no scum tell.

but just going with what the King says while not contributing is pretty scummy

i mean i switched votes at pmoms request then went back to prodding once we had enough

all yojcw done is bandwagon vote then whine about yourself

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

so good call from taste

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Actually, with double plurality I'm fine throwing a vote your way.

##vote amoeba

Please don't kill someone on the raiding party.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Please don't kill someone on the raiding party.

just put me in instead you turkey

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kashuno posted:

You haven't played with me before but this is pretty much my d1 unless I find someone to tunnel on and Idk half the people here so :shrug:

I can empathise with that and you seem like a decent person so hopefully you aren't scum and we get to play more.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

You must acknowledge that in the hypothetical where I'm absolutely right it isn't at all an insult to say so.

In a hypothetical where I'm scum, you are still insulting and failing to address a question. And your premise is still wrong, as there is no correlation between alignment and following the king on D1 and being disengaged.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

What he said is true though? It is an easy way to get away with doing nothing and it puts all accountability onto PMom instead of on the voters. If everyone did that we would be in trouble because there'd be nothing to distinguish one person agreeing with Pinterest Mom from another.

This argument sounds a lot like lurkers who argue that lurking isn't a scumtell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

I can empathise with that and you seem like a decent person so hopefully you aren't scum and we get to play more.

quit kissjn arse

• Locked thread