Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Radish posted:

Persona ending happiness ranking from highest to lowest:

Persona 4
[big gap here]
Persona 1
Persona 3
Persona 2

I guess that depends on how you view the ending of 2 did the entire world other than Sumaru City still get destroyed in Eternal Punishment and did the Other Side finally get reset correctly and not leaving a bunch of people just stranded in poo poo universe hovering over a destroyed planet? Persona 4 really goes against the grain since the original ending was pretty happy you just are moving away from your buddies who are all doing ok but then all the new spin offs basically say gently caress that and you just come back like a week later for more wacky adventures so who cares.

The reset world of IS is the EP world, which is why Nyarlathotep's plan is to make all the IS kids remember, as that will completely break their deal with Philemon and reunite the worlds. So yeah, I think IS Tatsuya goes back to a city infested with demons and hovering over the dead world. Have fun! On the other hand, EP ends fairly happily, with the world never getting completely destroyed, Sumaru back on the ground and everyone getting on with their lives.

You know, if you ignore how Maya can't have any contact with the Suou brothers ever again and IS Tatsuya just got completely hosed over.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh thank god I thought he was gonna be a lovely sideline character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, I am saying he is not playable

Because he is a lovely sideline character

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh well let me go cancel my preorder.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like the entire playable cast are really boring character archetypes and even the carnage forms are all pretty lovely looking except Tsurugi's. I'm sure the game plays fine and is decent, but it's unremarkable on so many levels to me and I for the life of me just cannot find any interest in it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

very good man

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It looks super goofy which is like the only thing going for it for me at the moment.

I just wanted Barry Goodman.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Ok, so true confession time: Even though Persona was the third game I bought for the Playstation and I've bought quite a few MT-related games since then, I've never finished one, or even really come close. (In fact, I rarely finish any game, something I am trying to get better about.) There are three games in the series coming out soon(-ish), so I thought it was about time. A coupon and a sale netted me a PSTV for $30, so I'm playing P4G on a big TV. 17 hours in, just rescued Kanji at, like, the last possible moment, and am definitely past where I got when P4 originally came out.

I'm really enjoying it. My goal is to finish it before TMS#FE comes out, which seems doable at the current rate. After that one, I want to play both halves of Persona 2. I just remember being so disappointed at not having the first half of the story back in the day...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Baal posted:

Like the entire playable cast are really boring character archetypes and even the carnage forms are all pretty lovely looking except Tsurugi's. I'm sure the game plays fine and is decent, but it's unremarkable on so many levels to me and I for the life of me just cannot find any interest in it.

I thought you were hyped for it, what changed Beef

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

atholbrose posted:

Ok, so true confession time: Even though Persona was the third game I bought for the Playstation and I've bought quite a few MT-related games since then, I've never finished one, or even really come close. (In fact, I rarely finish any game, something I am trying to get better about.) There are three games in the series coming out soon(-ish), so I thought it was about time. A coupon and a sale netted me a PSTV for $30, so I'm playing P4G on a big TV. 17 hours in, just rescued Kanji at, like, the last possible moment, and am definitely past where I got when P4 originally came out.

I'm really enjoying it. My goal is to finish it before TMS#FE comes out, which seems doable at the current rate. After that one, I want to play both halves of Persona 2. I just remember being so disappointed at not having the first half of the story back in the day...

romance Rise

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that is NOT what i said

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

that is NOT what Ai said

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Please do not romance rise, at any time.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Ai is good

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Ai am strong but Yu and Ai are stronger

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Okay.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

push the risette into the sea

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Dark Knight Risettes

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

StandardVC10 posted:

It's funny, P3 and P4 play almost identically but even the freaking color scheme in Persona 4 is more upbeat. Make sure you look in the refrigerator at home occasionally.

The "red" miso was worth it.

For me.

Maybe not for MC.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
rise is powerful, but a man should choose his own waifu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Wait...
Is Barry Goodman not a playable character in #FE?
He's an assist character, along with Tiki and Maiko.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MotU posted:

Ai am strong but Yu and Ai are stronger

yu am ai is the name of their band

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*loudly tunes guitar* a, a, ai!!! something something zero

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I thought you were hyped for it, what changed Beef

Odin Sphere and ZTD are coming out in the same month is what changed

Also Idk I just genuinely got less interested as time passed, I couldn't really tell you an exact reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TMS will still be a better game than Persona 5.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Literal fecal matter is a better game than persona 5

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

persona 5'll be good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baal posted:

Literal fecal matter is a better game than persona 5

Please get a better gimmick, Baal.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Baal JUST admitted to importing the super deluxe nippon 20th anniversary box of poo poo in the vita thread

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

Please get a better gimmick, Baal.

Please gently caress off and get better taste in Castlevania

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Shameful confession time: I've enjoyed video games I've played before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like video games sometimes, too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Video games, I like those

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

Shameful confession time: I've enjoyed video games I've played before.

Shameful confession: I've once enjoyed this thread.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
remember the law of persona: let's all be friends.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Whoa, who's 'romance Rise'? Is she more powerful than regular Rise? Hard to comprehend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its the official name of the Yukata Rise variant