Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Velveteen posted:

If you divine a timeless jewel does it change to a new leader? I got the karui one with Kaom and all it does is give me a whole bunch of strength. Like 20 strength per node and like 5% more strength and stuff like that. Pretty useless stuff so I want to see what else I can get. Or I can keep it until I decide on some str build or something. The battle is pretty fun to do so I'll hopefully be getting more timeless jewels.

Divine will only change the seed number.

Divining a Watcher's Eye doesn't change which aura mods it has, so I'd imagine the same applies here.

Well this is apparently wrong

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I think I'm going to make my second build a viper strike pathfinder after mathil's. What sort of gear should I have set aside before I start to play it?

Mortums into wasp nest and that will last you till craft double poison claws. Stack as much evasion, Dodge and life from gear. I took phase acro and cut back a little on damage for more survivability, you are fragile but packs did to prolif quickly and you need to swap out AC for tougher bosses and melee slash for the hardest content

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

I think I'm going to make my second build a viper strike pathfinder after mathil's. What sort of gear should I have set aside before I start to play it?

I'm not familiar with mathils build, but for the love of god slot at least a 4l hoag in there for clear

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

whypick1 posted:

Divining a Watcher's Eye doesn't change which aura mods it has, so I'd imagine the same applies here.

There are a range of Generals that can be chosen from, and divines not only affect the number, but also which general.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I've finally found it - the Smallest Alva Triangle

just in time

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

whypick1 posted:

Another jewel question: If I have the actual jewel in my inventory, and I want to see how it will affect the tree in a jewel slot that's not part of my current build (either thinking about a respec or a new character), is there any way to do that other than by spamming tons of regret orbs to path over to every jewel node?

Maybe the super dedicated jewel barons will level up a pair of scions to 50ish and then regret their entire passive trees so they can grab every socket between the two of them.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

whypick1 posted:

Divining changes the general's name, and the general's name decides what it changes keystones into.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Arrhythmia posted:

Divining changes the general's name, and the general's name decides what it changes keystones into.

drat. That makes it a lot harder to buy a jewel with the keystone you want for a build and then divine spam for a good notable layout.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there anything to the legion keystone fights besides kill everything? I did a 2-squad one and I cleared all mobs with a minute to go and nothing happened till time ran out. Loot was poo poo too.

Just want to make sure I get it straight before I do a 4-squad fight.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You have to go back to the middle to spawn more waves

None of this is explained in game lmao

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Much like the synthesis final boss fight it was a complete let down.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

what

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Tenzarin posted:

Do the 5 boss version with a headhunter.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Isn't part of the fun gone at that point? If you're farming some of the hardest content with the biggest chase unique, haven't you already basically done it all?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I think i'm going to try a poison build with the new Darkscorn bow. I wonder how this will go.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So is the reason legion is so small from backlash from synthesis? Cause this league is barebones.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probably that and having three high concept leagues in a row

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Papercut posted:

Is ED/contagion the fastest legion farming build I can make for 10ex? I see grim doing insane farming with a TS deadeye but he has like multiple mirrors worth of gear

if you just want to farm legions as efficiently as possible you're better off just SSFing an ED build and running an easy map like city square or strand as fast as possible tbh

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
OK, I'm really happy with my build. Here's my official write-up.

Dahbadu's Voidforge Budget Slayer (Legion League)

You can probably build the core of this (sans 5/6-links) for around 1 ex right now.

Level 94 PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/KwBChPSk

Yes, that's 1.5+ mil Shaper DPS nearly naked and with no jewels slotted or quality gems. (This is on a 6-link with max buffs, though).

Required Items:
- Voidforge (about 50 chaos as of this post)
- Tombfist (1 abyss slot cheap version, 1 chaos)
- A rare item that grants Aspect of the Spider (e.g. ring, boots etc -- can be had for cheap this league, like 1-5 chaos)
- Mark of Submission ring (that you put Elemental Weakness in, 1 chaos)
- A couple of suffixes on rare items that give about 80 Intelligence combined
- The magic Flasks noted in the PoB

Added nice things:
- Helm (e.g. Starkonja's) w/ Elemental Weakness Enchant (pretty cheap this league)
- 20% quality of Elemental Weakness skill gem
- 20% quality of Vengeance skill gem
- Lion's Roar Flask (this is the most expensive item; just use a magic Granite Flask until you can get one)
- If you're able to equal out your resistances (e.g. all at 80% uncapped), then consider dropping your magic Sulfur Flask for a Wise Oak. You'll lose out on a bit of armour (used for Molten Shell) and life regen, but that will up your Shaper DPS to 1.7+ mil naked.
- If you can get Herald of Ash on jewelry (either through an affix or Unset Ring), then you can add an Enhance or Pulverize support to your Vengeance for added gently caress off. You can also add Blood Rage or Berserk instead of making your Vengeance stronger, but that's too many buttons for my liking.

Notes:
- If you like to YOLO you can pick up Vaal Pact on the skill tree for about 1k+ more life leech/sec
- Fill out the rest of your gear with rare items that give resistances, life, etc.
- Right now I'm thinking CoDT (level 14) + Molten Shell (level 18) is the sweet spot

Why go Voidforge?

Phys-based weapons and builds are expensive this league. Voidforges are relatively cheap. The thing is, many of the melee buffs (sans Impale) actually benefit a Voidforge build more than pure phys. The result is a character that will auto delete bosses and entire legions, has a huge AoE radius where you freeze/ignite/shock the entire screen, and has decent defensive capabilities to boot.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 17, 2019

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Probably that and having three high concept leagues in a row

Lol "high concept" is a lovely way to say bad. No no no you the players just don't get the sophisticated nature of this league! Turns out players in an ARPG like killing dudes not fussing with the UI.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ixjuvin posted:

just-just-in-jus-just-in-jus-jus-just in time

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

Lol "high concept" is a lovely way to say bad. No no no you the players just don't get the sophisticated nature of this league! Turns out players in an ARPG like killing dudes not fussing with the UI.

relax dude everyone in general disliked Synthesis league too

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

frajaq posted:

relax dude everyone in general disliked Synthesis league too

I am relaxed. They also didn't like Talisman for much the same reason.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I personally really like a league mechanic of "here are a bunch of very rewarding dudes to kill".

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked betrayal because I completely ignored anything besides the progress bars and picked bargain/execute every time unless imprisonment was worth more Intel. So I had run every safehouse like 3 times by the time I had reached maps and had three times as many uniques/decent rare drops

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Legion works because everything is laid out for you, getting more rewards from legion comes down to making a better, crazier character and upgrading, not fiddling with a UI or hoarding items until you can try and combine them or getting screwed out of loot 5 hours later because you messed up a temple or betrayal option.

You're also not made aware of what loot your missing that you can't see offscreen, your just focusing on the big icons and clusters of rares and giant chests right in front of you, so you don't feel bad that you didn't get a chest or general that you didn't even know was there.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Tenzarin posted:

So is the reason legion is so small from backlash from synthesis? Cause this league is barebones.

Barebones isn't the word I'd have used. It's quite satisfying**, even though it isn't fancy. There's a lot of meat here, it's just, like, simple ground beef instead of something super overthought from one of those cooking shows where the word "plating" gets used with a straight face. And that's my food metaphor for today.

**when things are working on the technical backend, of course.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I honestly have not got a single clue what is going with betrayal. I just choose random options, or if one says I'll get more currency/rares I choose that.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How do I get the filter at filterblade.xyz to only show me rares of good bases with ilvl of 83+? I see where I can filter out which rares I want to see but I don't see anywhere I can specify an ilvl if I really only want to pick up poo poo that can roll the t1 affixes.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Can any goons give some tips on making my EQ Slayer better? Right now I a just waiting to get to 70 so I can grab the level 20 skill gems, but other things I wanna do is grab Herald of Ash, and maybe Arctic armor. But I feel like my mana pool will be pretty dead and I'll have to constantly chug to cast EQ.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KingCorg/characters

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There are ilvl options inside the Crafting: High Level Bases section, or you can set up your own rules down the bottom in Add Additional Show/Hide Rules which show all the options by default rather than a drilled-down version of the options.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

I purchased and 100%'d Huniecam so quickly that I still get friends shaming me over it. And I deserve to be shamed. But I did not praise the game. I called it fucked up. That's how fucked up it is: it's up there with Princess Maker as far as poster body counts.
Soiled Meat

Bardeh posted:

I honestly have not got a single clue what is going with betrayal. I just choose random options, or if one says I'll get more currency/rares I choose that.

Same. Hot tip: Veiled items from Elreon are worth cash money dollars this week cuz all the cyclone builds can be solved with his "-X total Mana costs from skills". Apparently on the market there is a flag for who the Veiled item dropped from.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dahbadu posted:

OK, I'm really happy with my build. Here's my official write-up.

Dahbadu's Voidforge Budget Slayer (Legion League)

You can probably build the core of this (sans 5/6-links) for around 1 ex right now.

Level 94 PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/KwBChPSk

Yes, that's 1.5+ mil Shaper DPS nearly naked and with no jewels slotted or quality gems. (This is on a 6-link with max buffs, though).

Required Items:
- Voidforge
- Tombist (1 abyss slot cheap version, like 1 chaos)
- Rare item that grants Aspect of the Spider (e.g. ring, boots etc -- can be had for cheap this league, like 1-5 chaos)
- Mark of Submission ring (that you put Elemental Weakness in, a few chaos)
- Rare suffixes that give about 80 Intelligence combined
- Magic Flasks noted in the PoB

Added nice things:
- Helm (e.g. Starkonja's) w/ Elemental Weakness Enchant (pretty cheap this league)
- 20% quality of Elemental Weakness skill gem
- 20% quality of Vengeance skill gem
- Lion's Roar Flask (use a magic Granite Flask until you can get one)
- If you're able to equal out your max resistances (e.g. all at 77% max), then consider dropping your magic Sulfur Flask for a Wise Oak. You'll lose out on a bit of armour/regen, but that will up your Shaper DPS to 1.7+ mil naked.
- If you can get Herald of Ash on jewelry (either through an affix or Unset Ring), then you can add an Enhance or Pulverize support to your Vengeance for added gently caress off. You can also add Blood Rage or something for another active skill instead.

Notes:
- If you like to YOLO you can pick up Vaal Pact on the skill tree for about 1k more life leech/sec
- Fill out the rest of your gear with rare items that give resistances, life, etc.
- Right now I'm thinking CoDT (level 14) + Molten Shell (level 18) is the sweet spot

Why go Voidforge?

Phys-based weapons and builds are expensive this league. Voidforges are relatively cheap. The thing is, many of the melee buffs (sans Impale) actually benefit a Voidforge build more than pure phys. The result is a character that will auto delete bosses and entire legions, has a huge AoE radius where you freeze/ignite/shock the entire screen, and has decent defensive capabilities to boot.

Quoting for later

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I've done a 2, 3, and 4 way battle but have yet to see a single timeless jewel or what ever these new jewels are named.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

Delve was their best league ever you drooling sinpleton

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
E: sorry, forgot that suck and cover can't count backwards from three

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Delve was their best league ever you drooling sinpleton

In your rush to name call did you think maybe just maybe I was a fan of delve? Delve is good, unfortunately mapping is not.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

In your rush to name call did you think maybe just maybe I was a fan of delve? Delve is good, unfortunately mapping is not.

Did you read my post?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Did you read my post?

I read it I just assumed you didn't actually think Delve counted as fussing with the UI which is the only other way that I can figure out to interpret your post. I liked Delve because it's just killing things getting stuff, which you can't easily find elsewhere. Well besides the sulphite man why'd sulphite have to be a thing.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Chaining/forking abilities like ED/Contagion and Tornado shot seem to be the way to go to fullclear legion spawns, what other skills and setups can do similar?