Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

oh are people theorizing about why the dolphins lost

i think it's because they gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter after duffing a go ahead field goal and two back to back drives turning the ball over (including one where they couldn't get 1 yard in two attempts) that led directly to jets points probably did it

that's just a working theory though; i think not choking would help a lot in the future to prevent losses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Declan MacManus posted:

oh are people theorizing about why the dolphins lost

i think it's because they gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter after duffing a go ahead field goal and two back to back drives turning the ball over (including one where they couldn't get 1 yard in two attempts) that led directly to jets points probably did it

that's just a working theory though; i think not choking would help a lot in the future to prevent losses

They lost because they had to play with a non NFL quality QB. It's fine to just say that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets didn’t drop their first 40 burger in like 5 years on Skylar Thompson.

I’m of the opinion that Teddy Bridgewater doesn’t win that game either. Tua may have.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
You’re just dying to get one of us to take the bait but we won’t.

Stay strong Phin bros!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets didn’t drop their first 40 burger in like 5 years on Skylar Thompson.

I’m of the opinion that Teddy Bridgewater doesn’t win that game either. Tua may have.

I think it's 50-50 if Teddy wins it. Teddy isn't any good but he would've played better than Thompson did.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Our defense was atrocious in the fourth. It’s tough to see promising young guys step into roles and just wilt. But such is the league.

The final score made it look much worse than it felt, imo, but I’m not exactly mad. I expected it once Teddy was out.

Our special teams coach should be fired. No overreaction - they’re bad every single game

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Rhamondre Stevenson is great and the Lions suck poo poo and are a reminder that public perception of a coaching staff means bunk. That's my reaction from today.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
You’ve beaten possibly the two worst teams in football, mate. Simmer down.

Nov 6, 2002

I'm talking about the Lions coaching staff.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm talking about the Lions coaching staff.

Oh. :(

I never thought they were good so I was confused.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rhamondre Stevenson is great and the Lions suck poo poo and are a reminder that public perception of a coaching staff means bunk. That's my reaction from today.

Do you really think there is anyone on earth who didn't expect that exact outcome? lol

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Patriots did shut out a team that had scored tons of points and did it with a 3rd string QB.

It would normally be impressive but just like I don't give kudos to the devil for how great he pokes folks in the rear end with a pitchfork I don't give props to the Patriots.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Rhamondre Stevenson is great and loving iron manned it, because apparently they only had 2 RBs dressed? The announcers said that off hand and it never came up again, so Bill got extremely lucky that Mondre was able to handle the load after Damien Harris got injured

So Bill got away with it, but kind of a baffling decision when you know that it's going to be a run-heavy game plan and Harris has had injury concerns before.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the miami dolphins football club is bad right now because of injuries

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

pasaluki posted:

The Patriots did shut out a team that had scored tons of points and did it with a 3rd string QB.

It would normally be impressive but just like I don't give kudos to the devil for how great he pokes folks in the rear end with a pitchfork I don't give props to the Patriots.

Good take

E: Also AFC Beast as of week 5.
https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1579421524611969025

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 10, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It’s a mediocre league this year.... why not us?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mcmagic posted:

The Packers are terrible. Look what garbage they lost to today. The bills should kill them.

Hell they almost lost to the Pats and probably would have if Hoyer played the whole game or Zappe got reps and started

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

It’s a mediocre league this year.... why not us?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Just found out that the Panthers started Blackshear, used him for kickoff returns and he the boy did good. So with all due respect, gently caress Zack Moss.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Zack Moss turned a 20+ yard run into a 6 yard run by tripping over his own feet

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

9 wins gets a WC this year right? It’s not insane from 3-2 lol

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

fsif posted:

Going to drop this take in the midst of game day so people have less time to process it—I don't think Moss is really the problem. There are like three RBs in the league that could produce with this run blocking.

The best part was fsif dropping this post moments before Zacks “run”

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

There's no doubt bad run blocking by the OL is the main cause of the ongoing run game problems. It's just that Moss seems to have such a low ceiling.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There's no point in dressing Moss at the very least. He got one carry yesterday.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

LightReaper posted:

The best part was fsif dropping this post moments before Zacks “run”

two things can be bad at the same time

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Zack Moss must be so disappointed Cody Ford and Star Lotulelei left leaving him to take over the Most poo poo On By The Fans crown.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

9 wins gets a WC this year right? It’s not insane from 3-2 lol

The only games on the schedule where I think "the Jets have no chance" are the two games against the Bills. Every other game is winnable (though I worry they'll suffer the wrath of Aaron Rodgers next week).

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm not implying you're all being unreasonable, but I have enjoyed this total rollercoaster Jets season outlook week by week.

Nov 6, 2002

Two weeks ago they were wanting the GM and/or HC fired. Now they're looking at the Wild Card race because they beat the worst team in football and then a team with their third string QB.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Let them have some happiness guys, Jesus. It will come crashing down just like it did for us Dolphins fans. This is the way.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Imagine if Tua has to be shut down for the year and we end up forfeiting a top 10 pick.

lol lmao

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Pablo Bluth posted:

Zack Moss must be so disappointed Cody Ford and Star Lotulelei left leaving him to take over the Most poo poo On By The Fans crown.
Don't forget Edmunds! He had as many impact plays yesterday watching from the sidelines as he normally does on the field.

Did anyone notice or miss his presence? Seemed like Milano had no problem continuing to make impact plays with some other jag next to him at MLB.

I'm being too harsh. The Steelers are terrible, we were missing like 6 starters on defense and still held them to 3 points for the entire game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

is pepsi ok posted:

Imagine if Tua has to be shut down for the year and we end up forfeiting a top 10 pick.

lol lmao

My uncle works at Nintendo and he said Tua will be back for the Steelers game.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

two things can be bad at the same time

Oh yeah our run blocking sucks

I just think Moss is set up for failure and also just failing on his own merits

Singletary at least can make something out of nothing and is doing so consistently

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Moss stinks guys. You don’t complain about a running back for 3 straight years because he’s secretly good.

Quarterback? Ok. Running back? No.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Two weeks ago they were wanting the GM and/or HC fired. Now they're looking at the Wild Card race because they beat the worst team in football and then a team with their third string QB.

I haven't liked Saleh or Douglas, let alone Lafleur as OC. But I am not going to complain about them when the team is somehow putting together wins. Yea, Rodgers can be pissed off and destroy them next week. The Pats are probably better with Zappe then Hoyer and Belichek is a defensive genius. The Bills will steamroll the defense.

But it's looking positive at the moment. Rodgers has been making a ton of poor decisions. Zappe wasn't good enough to beat out Hoyer for the backup position. Maybe Allen has an off game. It's doable that the team is at 7 Wins after the Bears game. Let me enjoy it before the Pats sweep us. It hasn't been promising in a long time.

Nov 6, 2002

syzpid posted:

I haven't liked Saleh or Douglas, let alone Lafleur as OC. But I am not going to complain about them when the team is somehow putting together wins. Yea, Rodgers can be pissed off and destroy them next week. The Pats are probably better with Zappe then Hoyer and Belichek is a defensive genius. The Bills will steamroll the defense.

But it's looking positive at the moment. Rodgers has been making a ton of poor decisions. Zappe wasn't good enough to beat out Hoyer for the backup position. Maybe Allen has an off game. It's doable that the team is at 7 Wins after the Bears game. Let me enjoy it before the Pats sweep us. It hasn't been promising in a long time.

Oh, I totally get you and understand it, what's the point of being a fan if you can't occasionally put on the rose-colored glasses and be optimistic. For me personally, I will believe in the Jets when the kickoff begins at their wildcard game and not a second before it. I think that's fair given their history.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Sorry I'm not going to let the AFCE thread gaslight me into not being happy that the Jets are 3-2

(Also I think all of the Jets posters have been appropriately Douglas/Saleh skeptical, but only mcmagic wants them -- or wanted them -- both canned)

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 10, 2022

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I'm curious to see how Zappe progresses and how defenses are able to react to the relatively simple offense the Pats had him running. Going off memory they did a good job with the run (that outside zone thing still needs some work tho) and then were going play action a fair bit to help him out. A hot read or maybe two reads in a progression, nothing too complex. He did perfectly fine with what they asked him to do but I don't think that's going to be sufficient to beat a non-Lions defense.

I don't think Zappe not being able to beat out Hoyer for the first backup position was all that surprising or necessarily reflective of capability. Hoyer is a mediocrity but the Pats were looking for a backup that doesn't make mistakes. Most teams like to carry a veteran backup; I'm struggling to think of cases where that happened where the young backup wasn't clearly The Guy in waiting (Herbert and Pickett come to mind as recent offhand examples of that). Zappe ain't that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

Moss stinks guys. You don’t complain about a running back for 3 straight years because he’s secretly good.

Quarterback? Ok. Running back? No.

He looked good his rookie year.

I think he's more JAG than actively bad but he's just the perfect avatar for the Bills' broader issues with their run game. But there's really no point in having him as a game day active while Singletary and Cook are healthy.