Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

So far my flailing with a stick strategy has worked for everything EXCEPT the goddamn golden wolflord. I've completed all the archon quests so far, beat all the trounce domain bosses, but I cannot for the life of me do poo poo to the golden wolflord. I was fine with that when the only one stuck at level 40 was the opera girl because as much as I like her I was never planning to play her much. But now I have Itto. And this goddamn spacewolf vexes and bedevils me. :argh:

I was meh about Kaz but I came around a little when he got wasted. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Everett False posted:

So far my flailing with a stick strategy has worked for everything EXCEPT the goddamn golden wolflord. I've completed all the archon quests so far, beat all the trounce domain bosses, but I cannot for the life of me do poo poo to the golden wolflord. I was fine with that when the only one stuck at level 40 was the opera girl because as much as I like her I was never planning to play her much. But now I have Itto. And this goddamn spacewolf vexes and bedevils me. :argh:

I was meh about Kaz but I came around a little when he got wasted. :3:

Yeah, you need to flail with a stick and also have ningguang. Another geo'll do, but it's easiest with her.

I wonder if there's a way back into the day 2 story domain, I didn't poke around the other stuff in the last section hoping it wouldn't just teleport me out, and then it just teleported me out :(

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Hitting pity soon (50/50) and to be honest I'm not sure myself whether I'd be happier to have OP Meta Fuckboy or a guarantee for the next Archon. The RNG will choose!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Venti is on the roof of the cat's tail today... just like last year with kaeya then lisa in jean's office.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, you need to flail with a stick and also have ningguang. Another geo'll do, but it's easiest with her.

I wonder if there's a way back into the day 2 story domain, I didn't poke around the other stuff in the last section hoping it wouldn't just teleport me out, and then it just teleported me out :(

Yeah, if you go to do the event challenge screen you can also go back into the domain to open chests you missed, the three quest domain parts are on the lower left while the two challenge parts that give the event currency are up top. I missed like chests 6 in the first section because it kept advancing when I'd open something so I didn't do a bunch of the color changing lantern shooting things, but was able to go back in and finish it up. For the most part is has all of the doors open but I did have to fight one group in a dojo room.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oh, good. Guess I'll just keep that in the back of my mind for when I finish the rest of the story bits.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I know they really want people to use Pyro for Floor 12a, but they can gently caress off with that nonsense.

Fighting Cryocube with a freeze team was not a fun time, though. Oddly enough, the Mirror Maiden with double Cryogunners was a walk in the park with freeze.

The amount of time wasting phases with the Ruin Serpent, though.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
The Golden Apple writing is of a noticeably higher quality than the rest of the recent content.

Also Fischl and Mona have unique animation sets. Most characters just get the stock group of conversation animations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm surprised kazuha's getting so much attention again in this event

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

They even just released his personal so he gets two I guess.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I'm not that surprised. I sorta get the impression that they don't really record stuff ages in advance and then sit on it for months like other projects might, so you end up with a run with a few characters instead.

Could do with less Kazuha, to be honest. It feels like an unrelenting torrent of swordsmithing drama.

What's the point of there being two different "levels" for the Kazuha dungeon, anyway? I hit the 600 things cap just doing the first one three times because I assumed that total was for the first level, not both. Now I can't really see a reason to do the second one, which looks to be the same but without the easy samurais to beat on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Someone on the team just really likes Nobunaga Shimazaki

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Pope Urbane II posted:

The Golden Apple writing is of a noticeably higher quality than the rest of the recent content.

Also Fischl and Mona have unique animation sets. Most characters just get the stock group of conversation animations.

Fischl does have way more unique animations than most 4 stars, she has a pose after every attack, they were just reusing idle animations for the conversations.

Fun note Mona has several constellations she can pull for her Idle and they correspond to other characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Launch charcaters reused stock animations across each other, but past launch even every 4* has a unique animation set. Look at Heizou or Shinobu.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Kazuha would be a way cooler character without the tragic backstory of magic blacksmith lineage. He should just be some guy with a very detached, philosophical outlook who drifts around and joined a pirate gang because whatever.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Maxwell Adams posted:

Kazuha would be a way cooler character without the tragic backstory of magic blacksmith lineage. He should just be some guy with a very detached, philosophical outlook who drifts around and joined a pirate gang because whatever.

I'd mind that less if they didn't insist on reminding us about it every couple of months; it's probably only going to become relevant again years from now when we finally get to not-russia anyway.

I kinda wish they'd stop throwing around puzzles where you have to do things in a specific order, but it's not clear where the start point is. It's like those cleansing ritual puzzles again, where you have to spend ages trying to figure out what "up" aligns to on your diagram. Also 9 combinations is an awful lot, especially when you then have to spend ages climbing around.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Now that I have Kazuha and I'm spending much more time in freefall I'm noticing how weird it feels that you're just locked into falling straight down like you're jumping in Castlevania. You've got 0 air control if you're not using your glider.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Of all the things that might immediately make me go "Wait, what?" in the dialogue, today it was a character using the phrase "scared the bejesus out of me". Are there christians on Teyvat or is there a noteworthy figure in their mythology who also happens to be called Jesus? Also dont say "bejesus" unless you are irish, it sounds weird.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The "Blazing Trails" bit of today's questline is quite the pain in the rear end, it really makes you run around to solve a puzzle and it feels padded to hell. At least the reward is good. It also doesn't mention that you need a Pyro on your team for it which was annoying. So, just a heads up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SiKboy posted:

Of all the things that might immediately make me go "Wait, what?" in the dialogue, today it was a character using the phrase "scared the bejesus out of me". Are there christians on Teyvat or is there a noteworthy figure in their mythology who also happens to be called Jesus? Also dont say "bejesus" unless you are irish, it sounds weird.
do lord of the rings orcs have restaurants with menus and vegetarian options? cause one of them says 'looks like meat's back on the menu'

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
That last area of today's Kazuha quest was loving awesome, but everything before that . . .

does anyone care more about Kazuha's family backstory and childhood than his time with his friend or his fleeing Inazuma or his time as a pirate?

gently caress part of Kazuha's "chill, detached free spirit" thing (which is an okay vibe, he's not the best but he's not the worst) is that even he doesn't care about it that much anymore.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

you know i was going to comment how it would be neat if tighnari was put in the general pool so we could always have access to a 5* dendro unit but then i remembered that there's no 5* geo in the general pool bc for some reason there wasn't a 5* geo character until zhongli

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SiKboy posted:

I mean there is a Baal and there was a Beezlebul, which granted are Canaanite iirc, but I've only ever seen them paired in demonology.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Eimi posted:

I mean there is a Baal and there was a Beezlebul, which granted are Canaanite iirc, but I've only ever seen them paired in demonology.

And if they put in a Jesus (or indeed a Bejesus Jones, Hydro Archon) I will withdraw my compaint!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SiKboy posted:

And if they put in a Jesus (or indeed a Bejesus Jones, Hydro Archon) I will withdraw my compaint!

Making an archon's true name Yeshua would be hilarious so I am all for it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

SiKboy posted:

The English script makes use of a lot more zany dialogue tailored to an English speaking audience for sure. Like lots of liberties taken there. There used to be a lot more meme type referential stuff as well early on in the games run.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SiKboy posted:

A wizard Alice did it

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why the gently caress would you code it to replay a five minute cutscene if you leave that area in a game with dailies.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I cannot decide whether or not hearing someone besides Xinyan with a Southern accent in this game is weirder than if Xinyan's family didn't have an accent and it was only her.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Qiqi C4 it is.

That brings me to Diluc C2, Keqing C1, Mona C4, and Qiqi C4 without ever seeing Jean.

While the lack of Kazoo is somewhat tragic, I like playing Yae/Fischl/Zhongli/Ayato more than freeze these days anyway.

Time to sleep on the guarantee until the new Archon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Good news. Summit shaper is on yoimiya's banner meaning it won't stink up the first few sumeru banners. That's all five geo weapons run in the past three patches so hopefully we get a reprieve.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bad news is zhonglis due for a rerun, enjoy vortex vanquisher

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

leakers are saying the reruns for 3.0 are zhongli and ganyu so, well, there you go :yum:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I swapped out Yelan for XQ in my lineup so now I'm running Heizou/Yelan/Shinobu/Raiden

Pros: Tons of energy. Lil baby vacuum with Yelan E. Big heals with Shinobu. Tons of elemental applications and swirls.
Cons: I can do the jump to the rock snake from the teleport point with my eyes closed. And have. And will continue to for loving ever

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

the way this game is written kind of has a problem with that for everyone, excepting a select few (zhongli, childe and albedo immediately come to mind) and only sort of, at that. all of the interesting parts of a character’s backstory is in flavor text and the actual “show” part of the show/tell is about the mind-numbing minutiae of what their in-universe job is.

i’m the saltiest about xiao and kaeya with this, given xiao’s canon backstory and the latter’s implied one.

i think the only 5*s this hasn’t happened to are itto and klee — arguably because they’re both children.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQzxcF1GCWs

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Hmmm.... I could burn 200 wishes in a great pyre and pray that I get enough constellations to max out Zhongli. Then he'll be both a healer and a shielder, freeing up my friendship xp grind to be 50% more efficient! Or I could just hang onto the Zhongli+Qiqi dream team forever and be well positioned to pick up cool new anime people in the next region. Alas, I think I may actually pass on more Zhongli this time. Perhaps if he shows up in a 2023 banner I will consider rolling.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I swapped out Yelan for XQ in my lineup so now I'm running Heizou/Yelan/Shinobu/Raiden

Pros: Tons of energy. Lil baby vacuum with Yelan E. Big heals with Shinobu. Tons of elemental applications and swirls.
Cons: I can do the jump to the rock snake from the teleport point with my eyes closed. And have. And will continue to for loving ever

I've been testing her out at level 70 and 1/1/1 talents, and her damage feels almost on par with my fully built XQ! Having both her E and Fischl's Q for positioning Heizou is also a huge game changer. I'm using Heizou's Q much more effectively because I can get where I need to be to maximize its AoE, and it's actually a lot better than I thought just throwing it out at the nearest target.

Can't wait to have her leveled, which according to the math, should have her doing 85% more damage!

I'm done fighting Ruin Serpent, but I've had to run the Mondstadt weapon domain a lot putting my team together. Stringless, Favonius Lance, and Favonius Warbow, ugh. That domain does not get nearly as much hate as it should compared to the talent one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Mondo weapon domain got 10x more bearable with Ganyu, then 3x more bearable on top of that with Ayaka. I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that we'd gotten so many inazuma weapon masks during events that I only needed to spend 20 resin to level the new kazuha quest sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe, is there some reason that you appear to never level anyone to 90, despite having a billion items?

Captain France posted:

That last area of today's Kazuha quest was loving awesome, but everything before that . . .

does anyone care more about Kazuha's family backstory and childhood than his time with his friend or his fleeing Inazuma or his time as a pirate?

gently caress part of Kazuha's "chill, detached free spirit" thing (which is an okay vibe, he's not the best but he's not the worst) is that even he doesn't care about it that much anymore.

Yeah, it's goofy how we've had not one, but two events that go heavily into the boring parts of Kazuha's backstory.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 18, 2022