Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ok, so lunch-proof is less applicable how?

Because the mod confirmed it wasn’t that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

think about this for a second:

character A (well known for loving/being in love with character B in Naruto anime flavor) is "loved" (mafia context: takes an extra vote to lunch)
character A (well known for loving/being in love with character B in Naruto anuime flavor) is "lovers" with character B in game (mafia context: one dies, the other dies)

how does anyone even know how the mod would choose to integrate that concept from anime to mafia game

it's dumb, anime is dumb and so are you if your arguing about flavor

I don't want to read a single more flavor argument from DB

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grandicap posted:

The standard application of execution proof would be that the day ended and the target just wasn't executed.
This could have been a non-standard application, but all signs point to loved. It's standard application would allow the day to continue to see if he gets another vote.

That is certainly possible. Maybe I' being stubborn ggaahhh

I don't have any good reason not to believe Sal's suss on Squiggly based on apparent results, so I think I might need to re-read this day :negative:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Because the mod confirmed it wasn’t that

this is blowing my mind, DB Yami is almost 100% loved based on like three different sources, why don't you just drop it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amnistar posted:

For clarity, because the timing was confusing. The day did not end by a hammer. The day ended because the deadline was reached without enough votes to secure an execution.

Again, amni explicitly states here that there was no hammer. Even if yamI was execute-proof, there’s a hammer But no kill. If there’s a governor, there’s a hammer but no kill.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

That is certainly possible. Maybe I' being stubborn ggaahhh

I don't have any good reason not to believe Sal's suss on Squiggly based on apparent results, so I think I might need to re-read this day :negative:

what the hell why does Sal's suss on Squiggly change things?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Squiggly posted:

The only time you've mentioned db in your posts today is to say that he and I are on a scum team, which is why I'm asking if you still think he's scum (independent of me)

My thoughts on DB have not changed, no.

It's just that you are pinging me a lot more currently. And as an added bonus if you DO flip scum it'd pretty much cement DB as scum in my book barring any new information.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Again, amni explicitly states here that there was no hammer. Even if yamI was execute-proof, there’s a hammer But no kill. If there’s a governor, there’s a hammer but no kill.

I literally did all this work last night I don't know why we are retreading this ground

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I literally did all this work last night I don't know why we are retreading this ground

People listen to me more, I’m very likable. Star quality charisma.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

My thoughts on DB have not changed, no.

It's just that you are pinging me a lot more currently. And as an added bonus if you DO flip scum it'd pretty much cement DB as scum in my book barring any new information.

Naw that's fine

I dunno how you come to the conclusion that db is scum with his play which is why I was asking

I still think you're severely misconstruing my post, because wondering if you're being dishonest doesn't inherently mean you're sus but I'll say it's a better argument than other votes on me are making

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

ilu RF I'm so done with this particular conversation

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

People listen to me more, I’m very likable. Star quality charisma.

Can't argue that

Squiggly I don't know why you're necessarily trying to drag me into a slapfight, but you're voting, unvoting, then voting me again feels like you don't know what to do with your vote. Cuz you voted me and then immediately went back to talking about DB and Yami.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Dead Cow, Sandwolf, RF, and Steak were left off the Yami vote. I'm going to re-read interactions with these players.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yami Fenrir posted:

ilu RF I'm so done with this particular conversation

DB I think this is a lover breadcrumb

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

what the hell why does Sal's suss on Squiggly change things?

didn't Sal say their opinion of Squiggs is now worse given the revelation of something? (I'll go find it and quote hang on)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Squiggly (3): t a s t e, Yami Fenrir, Retro Futurist
Sandwolf (3): Squiggly, GulagDolls, Dead Cow, Grandicap, Grandicap, Squiggly, Squiggly
Dick Bastardly (2): Sandwolf, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Mr. Humalong, Grandicap, Retro Futurist
Yami Fenrir (1): t a s t e, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Steak, t a s t e, Dick Bastardly
GulagDolls (0): Grandicap, Grandicap

Not Voting (3): Dick Bastardly, Grandicap, SalTheBard

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 06th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I can see how I was tunneling Yami a bit, sorry Yams. I guess I just wanted to be right more than I wanted to admit or even realize that I didn't make any sense lol... but yeah.. loved... how does it feel to be loved?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

I can see how I was tunneling Yami a bit, sorry Yams. I guess I just wanted to be right more than I wanted to admit or even realize that I didn't make any sense lol... but yeah.. loved... how does it feel to be loved?

Horrible, I hate it, thanks for asking.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Dead Cow, Sandwolf, RF, and Steak were left off the Yami vote. I'm going to re-read interactions with these players.

of the four, I feel the worst about Steak and Dead Cow for the same reason and that is they aren't really playing and when they do, their votes and posts are near contentless.

RF and Sandwolf at least put some effort and logic into their posts and reason for votes.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Horrible, I hate it, thanks for asking.

:glomp:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

What sort of conclusions are you hoping to find there?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, now that everyone loves eachother, let's all vote Gulag.

Because I am the cop and I investigated him as a troublemaker last night.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Gulag Dolls

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don’t believe Gulag is scum, he’s just an easy lurker option

You don’t solve the Gordian knot by leaving

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Anyone else want to come and claim a bunch of poo poo they don’t need to?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh lol nm I missed the claim

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

i got roleblocked whyyy :'(

scum fishing for role blocker not realizing I had BP

Mr. Steak posted:

why arent people voting yami out again?

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote yami

bandwagoning my now obviously stupid Yami case.

Steak hasn't been as much of a brazen steak freak like they normally are in early game this game... getting scumbro coaching or just has courtesy to not blow up their team's game?

##vote steak

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dead Cow posted:

Ok
##vote sandwolf

This vote is glowing radiation levels of bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’ll vote gulag as long as we can lynch grandi if gulag somehow flips town

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I claimed because I feel like I have tipped my hand to scum by constantly bringing up Gulag without a case and I would have been NK'd for it.
But I came down with some town reads today and if I were killed I feel like people would think I investigated Squiggly because of my declaration of thinking he is town.
So I claimed.
I wish Gulag had posted enough for me to make a real case, so I didn't have to claim, but he didn't so I did and vOv, here we are.
I have a troublemaker investigation on Gulag so that means we should vote him out.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grandicap posted:

oh.. ##unvote

hmm

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

t a s t e posted:

I’ll vote gulag as long as we can lynch grandi if gulag somehow flips town

Sure.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

I claimed because I feel like I have tipped my hand to scum by constantly bringing up Gulag without a case and I would have been NK'd for it.

No

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Why would scum target you db

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote GulagDolls

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maybe not, but too late now, the ninja cat is out of the bag.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

t a s t e posted:

Why would scum target you db

I have no idea, but I can only guess that they thought I wouldn't be watched or protected?? There is the possibility that the kill was redirected to me I guess.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm not 100% sold on taste going "lets lunch the cop if false" given that steak and squiggly's claims at least suggest there is a bus driver or other redirector out there, but gulag's post history really doesn't help him.

##vote GulagDolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Maybe not, but too late now, the ninja cat is out of the bag.

Yes