Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Zipperelli. posted:

Nah, that's a genetic trait.

Thinking skunk is weed or vice versa is just someone who is inexperienced with either, or someone who gets the worst quality bud in the world.

Skunky is just one of many qualities of weed-smell.

I've smoked weed for fifteen years, from schwag to Cali medical, and my friends have too. Some is just kinda skunky smelling and dank.

Some is more citrusy, some is more peppery, some smells like Bleu cheese.

I don't think it has much to do with quality or anything, it's probably just a terpene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fizzymercy posted:

I've been sprayed personally and smoked high end weed and I still say a fine rear end dro on down to some super stepped on shake smells like the trigger end of Pepe Le Pew.

Also stewed skunk smells like stewed chipmunk but tastes better than bbqed nutria.

there is a lot to unpack here

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Brawnfire posted:

I've smoked weed for fifteen years, from schwag to Cali medical, and my friends have too. Some is just kinda skunky smelling and dank.

I don't think it has much to do with quality or anything, it's probably just a terpene.

Some of the best weed I ever had smelled like :nms: someone took a rancid poo poo in a box of Froot Loops :nms: so yeah it's something that can just kind of happen.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Some of the best weed I ever had smelled like :nms: someone took a rancid poo poo in a box of Froot Loops :nms: so yeah it's something that can just kind of happen.

Yeah, with the "fruity" strains and the "dogshit" strains, I guess some must cross-over... :/

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Hey I heard this was a good place to post awesome food. Someone posted a recipe from Twitter "from an old southern cookbook" that just looked too good to NOT try out.

Little scant on details but that's OK, let's do this.

I'm not sure what dust meant, and I think the "1 package" is probably a lot bigger than it used to be. I sadly did drift from the recipe a touch here and didn't quite put the whole package in. Same for the cream cheese, I'm not sure on my 1950's or whatever to 2019 packaging conversion ratios but that's what was at the store so just trying to follow the instructions here.

The smell, goddamn, wow.

The recipe was a little fuzzy on whether or not to blend/mix the cream cheese and jello before adding the nuts and coke, so I played it on the safe side and held off. Gonna need a whisk to help out with that.

To be continued

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah it all comes down to terpenes, apparently myrcene according to some lazy googling. It's apparently more common in indica strains (remember when dealing with marijuana strains, indica is "in da couch") as opposed to sativa which doesn't have a cute mnemonic device but is the more "brain high" variety. Sativa tends to be more piney from pinene or citrusy from linalool and limonene.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

The Bloop posted:

Different levels of skunk experience:

1pt: I've heard they are smelly / watched Pepe La Pew cartoons as a kid

5pt: I've smelled them while driving, maybe somebody hit one? Pew

99pts: I've had to deal with a dog that got directly sprayed

ohh boy the smell is different in the actual splash zone

Sounds like you've been eating some hosed up green bell peppers.

To add some anecdotal experience to the skunk/weed discussion, my ex-girlfriend also thought weed smelled like skunk without actually knowing she was smelling weed because she had no experience with it.

Captain Jesus has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Jul 11, 2019

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

teh_Broseph posted:

Hey I heard this was a good place to post awesome food. Someone posted a recipe from Twitter "from an old southern cookbook" that just looked too good to NOT try out.

Little scant on details but that's OK, let's do this.

I'm not sure what dust meant, and I think the "1 package" is probably a lot bigger than it used to be. I sadly did drift from the recipe a touch here and didn't quite put the whole package in. Same for the cream cheese, I'm not sure on my 1950's or whatever to 2019 packaging conversion ratios but that's what was at the store so just trying to follow the instructions here.

The smell, goddamn, wow.

The recipe was a little fuzzy on whether or not to blend/mix the cream cheese and jello before adding the nuts and coke, so I played it on the safe side and held off. Gonna need a whisk to help out with that.

To be continued

Sounds like something you'd find down at the ol' og Hous

Goonspeed, God bles, and don't plum give out on us.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

If I'm not mistaken, that's a shot, and it's called a blowjob. You're supposed to drink it without using your hands.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dewgy posted:

If I'm not mistaken, that's a shot, and it's called a blowjob. You're supposed to drink it without using your hands.

Vodka, whipped cream, and mango nectar

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Skyline makes poutine now?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Brawnfire posted:

some smells like Bleu cheese.

Dude what the gently caress have you been smoking

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

Skyline makes pootine now?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dude what the gently caress have you been smoking

...you do realize there's an entire family of weed strains named for the fact that they smell like cheese, right?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Would

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Randaconda posted:

Vodka, whipped cream, and mango nectar

:stonk:

I mean it's probably OK shotwise but that's definitely not the one I had in mind.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Brawnfire posted:

...you do realize there's an entire family of weed strains named for the fact that they smell like cheese, right?

Of course I don't fuckin know that. Why would I know that?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

Good point I gotta stop expecting people to know poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CLAM DOWN posted:

Bro, do you even smoke weed?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Iron Crowned posted:

Bro, do you even smoke weed?

Haven't in a while, hate the smell.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

Good point I gotta stop expecting people to know poo poo

lol not everyone knows esoteric drug culture trivia

what a bunch of DORKS

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The Bloop posted:

lol not everyone knows esoteric drug culture trivia

what a bunch of DORKS

I mean if someone quotes you to ask wtf you're talking about is that a bad presumption

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Brawnfire posted:

I mean if someone quotes you to ask wtf you're talking about is that a bad presumption

I am so so very sorry that I offended you by not knowing that weed smells like blue cheese.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

I am so so very sorry that I offended you by not knowing that weed smells like blue cheese.

That's not even close to what I'm saying but alright

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nice weed. For a clown to smoke. At the circus.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

gschmidl posted:

Nice weed. For a clown to smoke. At the circus.

Yo bro I got that mad honk dank

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

teh_Broseph posted:

To be continued
Well that certainly is... something.

I'm wondering how that is supposed to separate in the fridge.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

weed dealers hate selling to clowns cuz they just buy a little bit and hotbox it with 20 colleagues

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

woooooooow

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

CannonFodder posted:

Well that certainly is... something.

I'm wondering how that is supposed to separate in the fridge.

I have no idea, it didn't separate :shrug:

Whisking was a good call, it blended together better and really got some aeration going for those great orangey pukey smells. Saran wrap is the loving worst. Here's getting those molds ready.

Fridge for a few hours, all done and ready to eat!

Nice view of the cross cut

And the verdict is *drumroll* :barf::stonk: :barf:. I made it through about 2 and a half chews. I can kind of see how I guess there's a flavor combination there that could have a direction? But the ratios would have to be right, and I'm no connoisseur of coke salad but I don't think that recipe is a good one to follow. It was like if you had orange sherbert, but instead it was fully curdled milk.
:rip: coke salad thanks for all the memories but you belong in what you are:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Yuck! :buddy:

Thanks for taking one for the team. If you're feeling brave, it looks like there are a lot of modern recipes out there. Here's one that might work: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/salad/fruit-salad/dark-cherry-cola-salad-with-cream-cheese.html

I mean, it's probably gross, but it might come together better than the original abomination.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Congratulation on making and attempting to eat what looks like cold vomit pie.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My experience eating a lot of weird separating gelatin salads in the 70s they were usually whipped. So there would be a frothy layer, a creamy layer, and a jello-like layer. If it had bits like nuts in it they might form a sub-layer depending on whether they were prone to sink, float, or stay mixed in. My hunch is that maybe the cream cheese was supposed to be whipped to incorporate air before mixing with the cola.

Here's an example that uses whipped cream instead of cream cheese: https://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/layered-strawbery-salad/

The end result looks a little diseased if you look too closely, but it does separate into distinct layers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My family never did this because we're canadian, but apparently in america you can express your patriotism in jello salad form.

Taste the patriotism.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

My family never did this because we're canadian, but apparently in america you can express your patriotism in jello salad form.

Taste the patriotism.

That's good, though.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone else remember Jell-O 1-2-3--fondly? I still use it to describe that kind of blocky ombre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The kid's name is Liz with a nickname of Lizard but the decorator misheard