Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Last episode they didn't lose their entire reactor, they dumped the ball of reacting fuel. So with more fuel they can reignite and restart the ship

Alex plants an explosive in the drive cone and when the enemy ship tries to pursue it went boom boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

gfarrell80 posted:

:D

Chalk off another freakin' sweet ep!

Woo doggie, love the little pickle Drummer is having to navigate. I smell a gunbattle on the bridge coming up eventually. Agatha King style but Belters vs Belters.

Considering it's one person vs everyone on her crew, it's a bit more one sided. Though they did give away that Naomi is on their ship.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

The Razorback dumped core, which means they blew the plasma ball in their reactor out the back. They didn't eject the reactor, they just had to restart it.

this is one of those things that i didn't understand last episode until I read it here (even though i read the books a while back lol).

i feel like i missed some necessary exposition where they remind us that it's a hard reboot, not ejecting your warp core

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Just started season two. It’s not remarked upon at all by the show, but the camera work and images are often extremely beautiful.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Unless I'm misremembering, one of the earlier seasons actually had some interior shots inside a reactor showing fuel pellets failing to initiate a reaction, but essentially that's the thing they ejected out of the reactor itself.

Also, I highly recommend watching this show with subtitles on, even if you're not deaf/hh or even if English is your first language. It's helped me out immensely with all the lang belta, technobabble, and place names.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That was last season when fuel stopped working.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

At least one group of characters need to intercede, so little is happening each episode.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i look forward to The Road with Amos and Mao

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They really should have spent more time on establishing how close Melba and Amos got in season 4 because it feels like they are barely acquaintances. I think a lot of their dialogue would be stuff they already covered when they bonded on the Roci.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah they did kind of skip over that in the show. They didn't keep Peaches in lockdown the whole trip, she worked in the machine shop with Amos a lot of the way back to Earth.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My impression was Amos only gives that "give them nothing but take from them everything" talk to people he considers his peers.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really wish the plot moved faster but the whole Amos introspection thing is so interesting that somehow it makes worth for me something that would generally be annoying.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Wes sold Amos' reaction to "only monsters aren't afraid" well.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Only just noticed this (minor spoilers)

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I had a realization in the shower this morning. The barrel of the rifle that the "kid" was holding had a little bit of ice on the bottom, even when Amos was approaching the yard. That was our first clue that the guy was full of poo poo. I wonder if Amos was able to clock that? He didn't seem too surprised by the dummy with the rifle inside.

(also thanks to those who clarified about the Razorback scene. Doing a "trust push" like that in deep cold space would be terrifying eh?)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Captain Splendid posted:

Only just noticed this (minor spoilers)

I think we all know its based books by James S.A. Corey :imunfunny:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Can never get enough for the adventures of the Chad Amos...

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
I thought this was pretty funny.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

timp posted:

I had a realization in the shower this morning. The barrel of the rifle that the "kid" was holding had a little bit of ice on the bottom, even when Amos was approaching the yard. That was our first clue that the guy was full of poo poo. I wonder if Amos was able to clock that? He didn't seem too surprised by the dummy with the rifle inside.

(also thanks to those who clarified about the Razorback scene. Doing a "trust push" like that in deep cold space would be terrifying eh?)

That's what I figured. The gun barrel had ice all over it, meaning it hadn't moved in who knows how long. I figured it just be fake out. Doubly so when no one fired after peaches killed that guy. I'm glad they didn't do the double fake of having a kid inside who was just afraid to pull the trigger.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Hey rear end in a top hat, this is only a spoiler for people who read the book. gently caress off.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Hey rear end in a top hat, this is only a spoiler for people who read the book. gently caress off.

I'm not the guy you quoted but I am immensely confused by your comment.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Nail Rat posted:

I'm not the guy you quoted but I am immensely confused by your comment.

Spoiler derangement syndrome.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Fun fact: there's a book spoiler thread for pointing out easter eggs for bookreaders. :)

Golden Bee posted:

Just started season two. It’s not remarked upon at all by the show, but the camera work and images are often extremely beautiful.
Season 2 is SUCH a step up from season 1 it's almost weird. The soundtrack becomes the underrated star of the show in its greatest moments, and it's really odd that there's basically none of that in season 1.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Not that I'm advocating book spoilers be introduced here unspoilered/untagged, but if anyone saw it don't be concerned. It's an EXTREMELY mild and inconsequential one that on its own doesn't mean anything and won't spoil anything. Even if you knew what it meant, you'd still be like 'oh okay, cool I guess'

Please tag as book and spoil anything like that please still.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Shohreh Aghdashloo's scene was great as she tries to put herself back together. A lot of good acting moments in a season that's otherwise had some dud extras.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Please tag as book and spoil anything like that please still.

Or just don't post anything related to the books at all, especially for anything that hasn't come up yet. It's one thing to post a book spoiler that shows a difference between the show and the books, but there is absolutely zero reason to post a book spoiler in this thread about something that hasn't happened in the show yet.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I mean...it's a still. From the intro. Of every single episode this season. Since nobody who hasn't read the books knows what it is, I think it'd be safe to assume it's from the books. Woah. Spoiler!

The writers put it right there in plain sight and it honestly might come to absolutely nothing on the show. I'm sorry but this time, this is just stupid as hell.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 6, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i mean sure, don't post book poo poo in here, but that particular thing is meaningless without outside context, it doesn't really spoil much.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dreylad posted:

Shohreh Aghdashloo's scene was great as she tries to put herself back together. A lot of good acting moments in a season that's otherwise had some dud extras.

That was a great scene. Also this transport minister guy seems nice. Honestly he could end up being Earth's greatest leader since he seems to be just a nerd into transit planning rather than some power hungry career politician. And in earth's current situation, someone with a background in drone logistics and transport at the top might actually be best.

I don't really feel anything about her maybe dead husband though. If Brian George was missing, yeah, that would be tragic and emotional. But her cold and distant political advisor, nah. I felt more of an emotional connection to her loving pastry chef than the new actor they cast for her husband.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

well, in the books, [spoiler] things happen and people engage in activities[spoiler]

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I know it's a bit part but still maybe the worst recast in recent memory.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Unless I'm misremembering, one of the earlier seasons actually had some interior shots inside a reactor showing fuel pellets failing to initiate a reaction, but essentially that's the thing they ejected out of the reactor itself.

Also, I highly recommend watching this show with subtitles on, even if you're not deaf/hh or even if English is your first language. It's helped me out immensely with all the lang belta, technobabble, and place names.

I always subtitles.

Nail Rat posted:

I mean...it's a still. From the intro. Of every single episode this season. Since nobody who hasn't read the books knows what it is, I think it'd be safe to assume it's from the books. Woah. Spoiler!

The writers put it right there in plain sight and it honestly might come to absolutely nothing on the show. I'm sorry but this time, this is just stupid as hell.

But the point is non-book readers wouldn't even think anything about it unless some asshat posts it saying "wow, look at that spoiler!"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Baronjutter posted:

Spoiler derangement syndrome.

Moderate to severe cases of SDS

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Huge spoiler: James sa Corey is two people

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Phi230 posted:

Huge spoiler: James sa Corey is two people

:siren::mods::siren:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wait till they find out those two people are conjoined twins

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

But the point is non-book readers wouldn't even think anything about it unless some asshat posts it saying "wow, look at that spoiler!"

Given where the series is ending, it won't come to anything anyway. Like it probably won't even be spoken aloud in the show.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Some rear end in a top hat in the last season did the exact same poo poo posting a screenshot of some guy’s name and my curiosity googled him and spoiled the rest of the show for me. It’s unnecessary WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE bullshit that doesn’t belong here and all you guys defending it can get hosed.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Some rear end in a top hat in the last season did the exact same poo poo posting a screenshot of some guy’s name and my curiosity googled him and spoiled the rest of the show for me. It’s unnecessary WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE bullshit that doesn’t belong here and all you guys defending it can get hosed.

Exactly this. "oh its not technically a spoiler" is the equivalent of "i'm not touching you".

LIke, why would you post a screenshot of something cool, in a thread full of people who don't know what it is, and can't appreciate that its something cool. Go to the thread who know what it is, and why its cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Laconia more like Lacrimonia