Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Old Forest, I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonlim
Jan 4, 2014
Evil Elodie seems like a good way to wash away all of that saccharine drivel :black101:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

zonohedron posted:

You can marry Kevan if you don't know his secret. It... isn't quite as heartwarming :unsmigghh:

Yeah from what I remember there's two other epilogues.

EDIT: Stuff removed at MegaZeroX's request.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 26, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

jonjonaug posted:

EDIT: Also if you're cool with just showing off random epilogues, can you show off the epilogue you get if you banish Lucille at some point? It provides a nice bit of context which I think results in some interesting justifications for her actions.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

zonohedron posted:

It's too bad that you can't readily look at completed playthroughs' final skills (they don't get saved in the log), but I agree that 9 is definitely reasonable. 15 seems awfully unlikely. (So of course now I need to figure out how many I can max out...)

You can max out 15. The amount of time it takes for you to max out a skill set that you already have a bonus to is 8 weeks. So, discluding the category bonuses (Social, physical, etc.), you would maxing out your 15th skill on exactly week 40.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

MegaZeroX posted:

You can max out 15. The amount of time it takes for you to max out a skill set that you already have a bonus to is 8 weeks. So, discluding the category bonuses (Social, physical, etc.), you would maxing out your 15th skill on exactly week 40.

I believe it's mechanically possible, I'm just dubious about actually surviving to the end that way.

[Edit: I am on Week 31 of a "only use 5 skill families" playthrough. This is actually pretty fun.]

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 26, 2014

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I love that ending. It's very heartwarming!

Anyway...
venture in to the forest!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Be :moreevil:

Also daww, you managed to save Nova through culture and not war. Elodie is now Basara.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Marry a commoner, because why not.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Cats!

Even if you're not doing full playthroughs, can you still show off the class descriptions? I'd like to see either the class descriptions for the Athletics category, just to see how long it takes before they advance beyond "basic math", "basic transportation", etc. or the descriptions for Agility skills, because despite those categories sounding useful, they rarely if ever seem to come up.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RefinedUndefined posted:

Marry a commoner, because why not.

This. I've only even seen a commoner once (That wasn't Alice).

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Success! I saved the day through the power of music, and maxed out fifteen skills, with 15.0, 34.4, and 33.4 in three more. :sparkles:

(The other skill I raised in Week 40 was Divination.)

In retrospect, since I ended up having five 'free' classes, I suppose I could have tried for another ending. Managing mood was actually the hardest part: I ended up asking Joslyn for a pep talk instead of having my agents do anything useful because I needed the -1 Afraid -1 Depressed!

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

idonotlikepeas posted:

The worst part about the Briony thing is how many checks you have to go through just to even have the option of dealing with it somehow. Look at what MegaZeroX had to do to get to the party and get her to talk about it. 95% of playthroughs are going to involve Briony getting her stupid rear end killed because you're focusing on other skills.

To be fair he took the most strenuous path to the party, which involves getting shot with an arrow, surviving, and going on to the party anyway because you are crazy.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 26, 2014

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

That ending was nice, I'm all warm and fuzzy.

Lets be evil now.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I don't get it. :( Is the idea here that Lucille killed her husband? Why?

There sure are a lot of paths in this game. :unsmith:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I want an Elodie so evil that lightning strikes in the background when she so much as chuckles.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

There sure are a lot of paths in this game. :unsmith:
I guess the idea was that she no longer needed him now that it was too late to assassinate Elodie and have him inherit the throne. Unless I missed something.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

I guess the idea was that she no longer needed him now that it was too late to assassinate Elodie and have him inherit the throne. Unless I missed something.

That's what I thought the first time I saw that (because I thought "hey, banish everybody, that's better than having someone executed!") but after seeing what happens when you accuse her at the ball, I think we're meant to think that a keythong attacked him because of how much magic she used to escape. (And then she didn't save him, because she no longer needed him.)

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Thanks for showing off Kevan's path. One thing I like about this game is that it can get really dark on so many levels.

I'm gonna go against the grain and vote for the Hella Yuri path.

Suzaku posted:

Well, THIS is super interesting so far. I really did not expect some of the subtleties the game is displaying on this path, like the change in Banion's dialogue o_O

That's one thing that's really amazing about this game. There are so many dialogue changes and event changes based on actions you take. I'm glad that this LP is showing that off to people. :)

Catalina fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 26, 2014

Skapegoat
Feb 18, 2011
Evil Elodie please!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Catalina posted:

Thanks for showing off Kevan's path. One thing I like about this game is that it can get really dark on so many levels.

I'm gonna go against the grain and vote for the Hella Yuri path.

That's one thing that's really amazing about this game. There are so many dialogue changes and event changes based on actions you take. I'm glad that this LP is showing that off to people. :)

To be fair, it's a bit easier to pull off when the game is 90% text. Not like they need to animate different scenes or anything. Still a good feat of writing, mind.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

D3m3 posted:

I personally would like to see a resolution to some of that Magical Dad Stuff we saw in our second play-through.

I wanna see what's up with Joslin as well.

Also, is it possible for anyone to die young naturally? I'm not too sure that the explanation for Elodie's mom death really sits well for me. Something's sus about that... :tinfoil:

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

EagerSleeper posted:

I wanna see what's up with Joslin as well.

Also, is it possible for anyone to die young naturally? I'm not too sure that the explanation for Elodie's mom death really sits well for me. Something's sus about that... :tinfoil:

It's certainly possible; there's a few heart conditions that can go unnoticed until someone just drops dead in their twenties or thirties. That doesn't answer whether it's likely that Fidelia just happened to drop dead, of course... :tinfoil:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

zonohedron posted:

It's certainly possible; there's a few heart conditions that can go unnoticed until someone just drops dead in their twenties or thirties. That doesn't answer whether it's likely that Fidelia just happened to drop dead, of course... :tinfoil:

Facing Facts: You have discovered the truth about your mother's death.

There's something about Elodie's mom death. We'll see, I guess.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Broenheim posted:

Facing Facts: You have discovered the truth about your mother's death.

There's something about Elodie's mom death. We'll see, I guess.

"The palace healers say that there's a 25% chance you inherited the bad trait. They say it's like the way that sometimes peas are yellow and sometimes they're green. Your heart has a 3 in 4 chance of being good, but if it's not you're going to drop dead sometime before you're 40. You should probably have more than one kid."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Let's get our cat on.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I would like to see Old Forest please!

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
You can stop Anime King with the power of music? o_O Holy crap!

And I love montages, so let's be evil. After that we can do the forest events.

vcvcvc12
Jun 9, 2013
Evil playthrough. Let the rivers run red and all that.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I think it's a nastier version of the creeping shade.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

zonohedron posted:

That's what I thought the first time I saw that (because I thought "hey, banish everybody, that's better than having someone executed!") but after seeing what happens when you accuse her at the ball, I think we're meant to think that a keythong attacked him because of how much magic she used to escape. (And then she didn't save him, because she no longer needed him.)

Here's what I think Lucille's deal is, if you take some of Brin's events into account, and some other stuff that depends on Lucille's status.

She's a lesbian trapped in an unhappy marriage with no way to divorce her husband, since he's the second in line for the throne. She was married probably not at her own choice, similar to Brin in this last playthrough, because she needed to produce an heir (and perhaps her parents thought that getting her to marry into the royal family was a marvelous idea). She's doing everything so that she can have Charlotte become Queen in your place, because the Queen seems to have mondo freedom in her choice of husband and overall lifestyle, and she wants her daughter to have the freedom she never had. She doesn't send bandits after you or send you poisoned chocolates if you make her a personal adviser, because she thinks that being in your inner circle may give her enough influence so that Charlotte may have a better life than she did (plus Charlotte would have access to magical girl training, possibly eventually obtaining her own crystal, which is also probably part of Lucille's goals).

I may have some details off, but I think that's the gist of it. The main point, I think, is that she's doing everything for Charlotte and she REALLY does not like Laruent.

Of course if we try banishing her, she decides "gently caress it" and just offs Laurent because there's no way she can get Charlotte on the throne now by using him, so gently caress that guy.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I would really like to see all possible deaths montage. I have a feeling it will be done at some point though. I'm dying to see if choosing to grab the letter that blew out the window gets Elodie a nice new broken neck. Also Death By Chocolate except literally.

My favourite part of the musical playthrough was probably the realisation that if Elodie had just sat and done nothing when she got arrowed, she would have been perfectly fine. :downs:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Meditation is the only skill I never saw being used for anything, with high levels in it you can trigger a special conversation with Julianna but it didnt seem to lead to anything

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

jonjonaug posted:

Here's what I think Lucille's deal is, if you take some of Brin's events into account, and some other stuff that depends on Lucille's status.

She's a lesbian trapped in an unhappy marriage with no way to divorce her husband, since he's the second in line for the throne. She was married probably not at her own choice, similar to Brin in this last playthrough, because she needed to produce an heir (and perhaps her parents thought that getting her to marry into the royal family was a marvelous idea). She's doing everything so that she can have Charlotte become Queen in your place, because the Queen seems to have mondo freedom in her choice of husband and overall lifestyle, and she wants her daughter to have the freedom she never had. She doesn't send bandits after you or send you poisoned chocolates if you make her a personal adviser, because she thinks that being in your inner circle may give her enough influence so that Charlotte may have a better life than she did (plus Charlotte would have access to magical girl training, possibly eventually obtaining her own crystal, which is also probably part of Lucille's goals).

I may have some details off, but I think that's the gist of it. The main point, I think, is that she's doing everything for Charlotte and she REALLY does not like Laruent.

Of course if we try banishing her, she decides "gently caress it" and just offs Laurent because there's no way she can get Charlotte on the throne now by using him, so gently caress that guy.
Hmmmm, it'd be interesting if we could hella yuri her daughter.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

babypolis posted:

Meditation is the only skill I never saw being used for anything, with high levels in it you can trigger a special conversation with Julianna but it didnt seem to lead to anything

You can use it to pass that 'can I sit still enough after being hit by an arrow?' check if your Composure is too low, I think.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
For some reason I can't help but imagine(Given her high decoration) Elodie coming to the party all happy and normal, except for the large(Yet surprisingly tasteful) bandage on her outfit.

"It should be disgusting, awful, horrifying."
"But it isn't."
"How does she DO it? Somehow it accentuates the rest of the outfit! Half the pattern is blood, yet it looks better than the normal pattern!"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bloodly posted:

For some reason I can't help but imagine(Given her high decoration) Elodie coming to the party all happy and normal, except for the large(Yet surprisingly tasteful) bandage on her outfit.

She is (going to be) the Queen. It will almost certainly start a new fashion for fake arrow wounds among the nobility.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That, and it's in her side, remember? So it's probably underneath her cloths.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

That, and it's in her side, remember? So it's probably underneath her cloths.

Apart from all the bloodstains on her dress. Which, given that she's the queen, will be the Next Big Thing. Soon everyone will be doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

That power of song stuff! :sparkles
Cat walkthrough please.

• Locked thread