Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

As someone who gives talks a few times a year about water poisoning and why it's bad; I fully endorse Askin's stupid rear end powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't get why it's "The Deathdealing" and not the "The Dosage"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gologle posted:

Is it weird that while all of these dudes powers are ridiculous, I find Askin's more annoying than the power that lets you erase the name of something and therefore take away its...like, everything? Like bro, lethal dosage of blood in the body? GTFO, get the guy whose power is "swords, but flower petals" back. Now that's a strong foundation I can get behind.

Flower petals? You got it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNDTzoSco4s

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
drat, they really played up Ichibei's menacing nature. He's a great shittalker and downright frightening once his mask slips off. Great fight sequence from everyone in the first half of the finale. Major props to Pierrot for pulling all the stops on this.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 1, 2023

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like Askin. He's funny to me

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man they really did redeem the Zero Division, while also giving them an out as to why they're out of the picture for the rest of the arc.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Cool season finale, hype for everything to keep exploding for a bit more

vv absolutely no question

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 1, 2023

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Synthwave Crusader posted:

Man they really did redeem the Zero Division, while also giving them an out as to why they're out of the picture for the rest of the arc.

Thread, is Senjumaru a baddie?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I was very much looking forward to what they did here since I forgot how little Squad Zero actually did in the manga after the fight with Ichibe starts. Hint: They die. That's it. I was not disappointed and, yeah, absolutely cool reason for them to not be around anymore tbh.

Squad Zero rules, that Bankai rules, I only wish we got to see what kinda bullshit the rest of them had. Maybe we get lucky and they include it. gently caress, do they end up in Hell now given what's been said about how the world functions from that one off chapter? Give me that if and whenever the Hell Arc shows up.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Good finale surprised at the Kon stuff at the ending instead of a stinger. Did we always know Kon stood for King of New York???

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
What use are the protectors of Soul Society if three of them need to commit ritual suicide just so they can fight back

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

What use are the protectors of Soul Society if three of them need to commit ritual suicide just so they can fight back

according to the novels, they can't actually die. as long as the soul king is still alive, they just respawn at their palaces

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Kild posted:

Good finale surprised at the Kon stuff at the ending instead of a stinger. Did we always know Kon stood for King of New York???

1:05 in the first OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9TwZdWpjw&t=65s

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

what the gently caress

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

First Bleach OP was pretty sick

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
KoNY 2012

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

SyntheticPolygon posted:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kubo really is a master

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

kubo knew

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

aizen's bankai is affecting reality and that wasnt there before. one day I'm going to load up the shonen jump app and the entire last half of the 1000 year blood war is going to be changed

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

SyntheticPolygon posted:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Tsukishima inserted it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

FuturePastNow posted:

Tsukishima inserted it

My friend wouldn’t play tricks on us like that.

Also, these 2 episodes were fantastic. Great additions for the royal guard and really cool to see another bankai.

I can’t wait for that black spell Ichimonji will cast

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Man the anime redeemed the hell out of Squad Zero, wow.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
This is Kubos redemption arc for giving us such a rushed 1000 year war arc

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I wonder if they're just going to count U and N out or are they going to continue onto the next season? It seems like they may have just died offscreen, and they cut out all Robert's speech too.

This has been absolutely excellent and I love the manga so it's been a treat. Seeing them not only animate a lot of these scenes and then also adding stuff like Ichibei talking with Yhwach in the past. I really wasn't expecting extra content like that but it owns

So outta curiousity, what was your favorite fight/moment from this cour?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I don't remember the Manga too well but the main Karakura support cast + Rukia basically don't do anything after this point, right?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

hiddenriverninja posted:

I don't remember the Manga too well but the main Karakura support cast + Rukia basically don't do anything after this point, right?
Not really, Chad fights some un-named golems that had nothing to do with anything, he very well could've lost against them too since it happened off panel. Orihime has a little bit to do, Rukia & Renji just kind of show up to say hello

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
After this Royal guard fight I wouldn’t be surprised if Chad and Orihime get to do more. At least the dad brigade should.

I liked how Thor’s heart glowed when she tries to skewer him. He’s supposed to be the soul kings heart right?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

hiddenriverninja posted:

Chad fights a bunch of statues offscreen, Orihime supports Ichigo in his "fight" with Yhwach before he just pulls his "lol I win" almighty bullshit, Rukia and Renji are part of the conga line that fights Miracle and get destroyed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Will they keep Bazz B ganking his team mates for no reason

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Will they keep Bazz B ganking his team mates for no reason

they're already past that part

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

His reasoning was fine in the Manga. He wanted to take revenge and kill Ywach for burning down his village/castle whatever and leaving him an orphan. After Ywach ascends they all sort of start turning on each other anyway. Lillito and Giselle are just friends tagging along with Bazz-B since they're like, the only three left at that point.

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 2, 2023

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wrong plutonis means when Ichigo shows up and he tries to murder all the women quincys

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Wrong plutonis means when Ichigo shows up and he tries to murder all the women quincys

But we're past taht and he did that...?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yeah that's what I said

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Request to change thread name to “Bleach: the manga is non canon”

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

lezard_valeth posted:

Request to change thread name to “Bleach: the manga is non canon”

Now that I think about it, is this the first time something like this has happened?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I can probably list five or ten anime I like better than their original manga, but I don’t know if there are other series that had direct involvement from the original author to this extent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mordja posted:

Now that I think about it, is this the first time something like this has happened?

DB Super