Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Speedball posted:

Why are Buddy's uncles all wearing shirts that are too small?

It's not just Buddy's uncles.

I a lot of the guys dress like that. Probably to make the viewer more uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

mauman posted:

It's not just Buddy's uncles.

I a lot of the guys dress like that. Probably to make the viewer more uncomfortable.

Nobody's clothes fit in this dystopian future. All the armor is ponchos and poo poo.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There was no time. They could only save the pants.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Speedball posted:

Why are Buddy's uncles all wearing shirts that are too small?

It's hot out. they're shirtless, wearing ponchos.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Blackheart posted:

There was no time. They could only save the pants.

Well, that is preferable.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

One of the Kickstarter rewards for the game was a t-shirt with two squares at about nipple level. It's safe to say it's probably a thing.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Dingaling would've made pantsless men, but nipple sprite art is easier to make than a bunch of dongs.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
As a visual joke everyone's nipples hanging out never fails to make me laugh. It's like no one knows how to sew or make garments so they just make do with whatever.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

dancingbears posted:

Mutant call? You mean that slow "uurgh" that plays sometimes? That's Brad going into Withdrawal. That can happen even in cutscenes.

Mystery solved! I'm a dumbass.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Yeah I don't think I explicitly mentioned it but the red flash means someone has gone into withdrawal, usually Brad. It can happen literally anytime outside of battle and especially seems to happen during cutscenes. Case in point look at right before I fight Charmy in Ep.3.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Is one hit of Joy enough to get any party member hooked?

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Anoia posted:

Yknow I never really tried using joy on party members that already don't have an addiction. I'm not sure if they get the full effect out of it, or if it ruins them by giving them withdrawal later on. We don't really have enough joy to experiment with that regardless and I'd hate to gently caress up a good character by crippling them that way. If anyone else wants to try it let us know how it goes.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
From what I remember, one hit is enough to ruin them.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I found a new party member once and noticed the Joy Withdrawal icon next to their poo poo in the status screen. Never used them. Can't even remember who it was. I may have imagined it.

I finished the game yesterday.

:(

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

whydirt posted:

Dingaling would've made pantsless men, but nipple sprite art is easier to make than a bunch of dongs.
A mere three dixels can be sufficient, but Steam will want everything on the store page censored.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Anoia posted:

Yes, one hit is enough to hook them, and some npcs come pre-hooked.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
From what I recall, there was supposed to be some code so that Rage had a chance of showing up with Joy addiction. The code was bugged, however, so Rage never starts as an addict. Surprising, considering the sheer number of headaches he's got to give himself.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

From what I recall, there was supposed to be some code so that Rage had a chance of showing up with Joy addiction. The code was bugged, however, so Rage never starts as an addict. Surprising, considering the sheer number of headaches he's got to give himself.

I think the idea was to randomise between two sets of party members as joy addicts, but it either wasn't implemented or doesn't work, so it's always the same set.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
:siren: HUGE EPILEPSY WARNING UNTIL 1 MINUTE INTO THIS VIDEO :siren:

Additional video footage was generously provided by Fragglar, editing was done by me. Special guest voice by some other guy, who knows.

As you might be able to tell, putting this episode together took me quite a while. I've kinda been working on it for some time. Really glad Fragglar approached me to help make my idea a reality. Area 2 is pretty big so the next few episodes are gonna be a bit longer.

thevoiceofdog fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 10, 2015

ArkOfTurus
Apr 23, 2008
I was pretty shocked when I tried Percy, too. Honestly, though, if I were to pick the most powerful party, he'd probably be on it. Having both a fire attack and healing makes him very useful.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
but hes percy

ArkOfTurus
Apr 23, 2008
That's why I said most powerful and not best.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I feel like I'm the only dude who's lost everyone to russian roulette. Twice no less.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I feel like you might need a new Youtube banner at this point.

Poor Rage. He never could take a hit.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
This game is certainly :(.

So what happens if you choose the third option with those guys, the 'gently caress you I'm killing all of you one'?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
As soon as I heard your special guest's voice I knew what was coming and prepared myself for enjoyment. :allears:

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Trundel posted:

This game is certainly :(.

So what happens if you choose the third option with those guys, the 'gently caress you I'm killing all of you one'?

The head guy (whose name is Buzzo but you wouldn't know that otherwise) wrecks your party entirely by himself. He is completely unbeatable and hits for literally 100k hp per hit.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

thevoiceofdog posted:

The head guy (whose name is Buzzo but you wouldn't know that otherwise) wrecks your party entirely by himself. He is completely unbeatable and hits for literally 100k hp per hit.

and if you cheat to kill him he kills you anyway

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Also I realize the way I encoded this the intro ends up being a big colorful blob so I'll be reuploading it tonight. Until that's ready I'll keep the previous one up there. Sorry for the inconvenience, you'd think I'd know how to better incorporate real life footage into things since I do it so much :v:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Was there any significance to the intro, or was it just there to raise our spirits before you smashed them like the motorcycle?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Roro posted:

Was there any significance to the intro, or was it just there to raise our spirits before you smashed them like the motorcycle?

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtXHRN3nMarg

There is no reason to never not always constantly Forever Turbo Heat Dance.

It's what he would have wanted.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You're moving along at a pretty good clip, which is nice since it means I can share my own blind playthrough results. The cave where you meet Buzzo for the 2nd time is where Terry met his end on my run. Sorry, Terr-Bear. I cared about you enough to spend a couple extra minutes collecting the items I skipped at the beginning, after the choice. Just... not enough to give up my arm. So is the sacrifice randomly determined or do they just pick whoever is after Brad in the party lineup?

I tried using Fardy too, but never hit anything with the truck and gave up after a couple battles. But I did make him my top pick for Russian Roulette since he didn't seem all that attached to his continued existence. He won all 3 rounds. Cheer up, guy!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I gave up Fardy rather than lose my arm, and to be honest I actually felt really bad about it. Somehow managed to not lose anyone to russian roulette though, have no idea how.
I also really like how every party member is workable, assuming a lack of joy addiction - I'm kind of annoyed that the code doesn't work because that would really make for cool second playthroughs- even if some are blatantly in the top tier (though interestingly, several of them were supposed to be in the set of possible joy addicts). Really gives a lot of flexibility to the cast and it makes the whole perma death thing work instead of being cheap.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 10, 2015

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Party members sure are cheap in this game, huh? That Russian Roulette seems like a great opportunity to offload some characters that you're not using anymore.

Also, jeez, Fardy! I know you're hitting them with a truck and all, but calm down with the 3000+ damage crits!

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Ok, changed the links and uploaded a more YT friendly version. Things are a bit less blob like now.

Also the intro is supposed to be W2D in his own little EDM world, before running out of Joy. Sorry I thought it would kinda speak for itself.

Edit: Fun fact, I bought the space helmet seen in the video and sent it to Fragglar back in April. That's how long I've been planning this dumb intro. Here have some gifs :shittydog:

thevoiceofdog fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 10, 2015

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I like how nobody's commented yet on how Brad's missing arm comes back if he's riding his bike right. Or at least his left hand!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Laser Agar is actually based on a streamer named Fraser Agar, whom the creator of this game is a fan of, so much so that he even made a special demo to play for their show.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I got a real 'Punished "Venom" Brad' vibe from this episode.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
edit: Nevermind, There were some trouble with link on my part. Sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatherBlueMidget
Jan 24, 2015
There was a man on top of the Russian Roulette building wearing what looked like a really nice hat. Can we kill him and take it?

• Locked thread