Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

im not sure, but i think 1) that the cases on RF were weak and felt like most d1 lynches based on very little aka a crapshoot and 2) that statisically speaking we are more likely to lynch town. death miller seems like something that could be on both sides (not accounting for the possibility to NGO's ability caused it [which if it did and they're lying about it convinces me more that they are scum]) so im putting that up to a null tell. i have no way to know rf is town, obv, but i think its most likely for him to be town.

(i also think on a more meta level to think that RF was town because it puts more pressure to make good reads instead of believing RF was scum and having us be complacement, but thats my personal opinion)

oh i meant complacent i shouldnt try to use big words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

This seems weird. Why should we treat him as town?

+1, missed that JFisk said this too.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

im not sure, but i think 1) that the cases on RF were weak and felt like most d1 lynches based on very little aka a crapshoot and 2) that statisically speaking we are more likely to lynch town. death miller seems like something that could be on both sides (not accounting for the possibility to NGO's ability caused it [which if it did and they're lying about it convinces me more that they are scum]) so im putting that up to a null tell. i have no way to know rf is town, obv, but i think its most likely for him to be town.

(i also think on a more meta level to think that RF was town because it puts more pressure to make good reads instead of believing RF was scum and having us be complacement, but thats my personal opinion)

1) disagree, RF's posting D1 was terrible
2) are you legit bringing up death millers on day 2 in this game
3) fair enough, I at least appreciate you talking this out
4) but seriously death miller??????????????

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rf is always hard for me to gauge and read in every game i've played with him, hes the most white noise vanilla poster to ever grace these forums who somehow gets in on every single game. if retro futurist was an ice cream, he'd be vanilla. actually, i take that back, because sometimes there are people who like vanilla. so i am glad hes dead.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rf the person however is cool and someone i would Hang Out With. just as a mafia poster i can never get anything out of him regardless of alignment. literally, his lack of flip is by far the most RF way for him to die n1, as a complete nonfactor contributing no useful information to the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Admittedly, I kinda get flerp's concern buttt idk

Nevergirls really just reads as really bored townie.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

rf the person however is cool and someone i would Hang Out With. just as a mafia poster i can never get anything out of him regardless of alignment. literally, his lack of flip is by far the most RF way for him to die n1, as a complete nonfactor contributing no useful information to the game.

loving ouch

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

1) disagree, RF's posting D1 was terrible
2) are you legit bringing up death millers on day 2 in this game
3) fair enough, I at least appreciate you talking this out
4) but seriously death miller??????????????

pod i dont believe u, im sry. i think someone not flipping, which is an attribute assigned to death miller, is a reasonable thing to suspect of rf. theres other explanations, of course, but i dont death miller is that bizarre. i think its even more bizarre youre saying that i said this on d2, when we have a flipless player on d1? when am i supposed to bring up that rf could possibly be a death miller? if not d2, when? i dont understand why this is a weird thing to say when it feels like a reasonable thing to think, to me at least. anyways i also find some other things you are saying really weird.

i find it weird that you brought up my dbz maf mishap, because it felt oppurtunistic and slimy. it feels like an odd character attack which i feel like youre above, as a player. it also reminds me of movie poster mafia where you said you took advantage of thranguy's inexperience to get him lynch and im getting a similar vibe that youre trying to set me up in some way. but not in an honest way, in a way "oh i bet if i hammer this home he'll dig his own grave and ill get the mislynch"

i find it weird that you insist rf is scum. i feel like its not in town's best favor to believe they're in a state of advantage because paranoia and stress is what makes people be aware of people's posting and can help them catch out weird things.

obv maybe im looking into things too much because im the one directly being accused, but im rly not the kind of mafia player to say "you're accusing me, so you must be scum" but i feel like youre not playing your usual town game and things are making me good hmmmmmm.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

Admittedly, I kinda get flerp's concern buttt idk

Nevergirls really just reads as really bored townie.

thank you, i genuinely appreciate this

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

This seems weird. Why should we treat him as town?

a solitary brain cell, maybe

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

flerp posted:

i find it weird that you insist rf is scum. i feel like its not in town's best favor to believe they're in a state of advantage because paranoia and stress is what makes people be aware of people's posting and can help them catch out weird things.

I agree and that was why I wanted people to restate why they thought he was scum. There was a lot of people that was just jumping onto that bandwagon.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

bep bop i am scum hunt robot

(also i legit didnt get the joke, you can explain it to me after the game)

Hmm think about who voted SSV (it was SSV)(I was saying SSV is scum)(don't worry I'm a scum hunt robot too when I get into gear and people don't like me)

Also I think I have turned off my brain until Inf does his thing, my eyes are glazing over what's happening

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote podima the good boy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Yes I agree we shall vote the only one playing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flerp posted:

pod i dont believe u, im sry. i think someone not flipping, which is an attribute assigned to death miller, is a reasonable thing to suspect of rf. theres other explanations, of course, but i dont death miller is that bizarre. i think its even more bizarre youre saying that i said this on d2, when we have a flipless player on d1? when am i supposed to bring up that rf could possibly be a death miller? if not d2, when? i dont understand why this is a weird thing to say when it feels like a reasonable thing to think, to me at least. anyways i also find some other things you are saying really weird.

i find it weird that you brought up my dbz maf mishap, because it felt oppurtunistic and slimy. it feels like an odd character attack which i feel like youre above, as a player. it also reminds me of movie poster mafia where you said you took advantage of thranguy's inexperience to get him lynch and im getting a similar vibe that youre trying to set me up in some way. but not in an honest way, in a way "oh i bet if i hammer this home he'll dig his own grave and ill get the mislynch"

obv maybe im looking into things too much because im the one directly being accused, but im rly not the kind of mafia player to say "you're accusing me, so you must be scum" but i feel like youre not playing your usual town game and things are making me good hmmmmmm.

there was somethin really bothering me about pod so far and i hit the things that bothered me about him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Your Personal Muse posted:

Yes I agree we shall vote the only one playing

idk his playing is kinda hollow at least tonight. Lotta flash, little substance

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Votecount for Day 2

Podima (1): STONE COLD 64
MysticalMachineGun (1): GeneX
Infinitum (1): flerp
flerp (1): Revolver Anidav

Not Voting (14): b-minus1, BottleKnight, CCKeane, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, MysticalMachineGun, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima, SalTheBard, SirSamVimes, St Evan Echoes, Tired Moritz, Xad, Your Personal Muse

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 01st, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 22 minutes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

[b]##vote fisk

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Jonathan Fisk posted:

idk his playing is kinda hollow at least tonight. Lotta flash, little substance

Yeah it’s what I usually do day 2 and there is never substance to it. I’d probably be yelling about nothing too if I didn’t think Inf might do something interesting

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

SirSamVimes posted:

[b]##vote fisk

????????????????!!!!!!!!!!??????

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
SSV is at the top of my scum murder list and I think flerp and Pod might be town because of it (ignore that part that’s for me to question myself why I wrote that like day 5)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ssv doesn't strike me as scum as much as aggressively slow on the uptake

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Nah that screams as a scum safe vote to me, but I can’t really articulate why

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

(people don't like me)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

no, I think that's town ssv. mad I won't spell out why treating opop as town is the smart, useful play, and then I diss the guy who +1ed him

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I guess I don’t see someone with a town mindset read the flerp v pod slapflight, ignore it, and vote you. You not answering the open question is votable but not really a scum tell, and you aren’t getting lynched over it, making a vote on you safe, assuming you are town and not scum as is your nature. However, flerp or pod could get lynched, thus a scum might be disinclined to vote for them at this stage if they know they are town, because scum are paranoid twats.

It’s a stretch, but I just dont see the town propulsion to make that vote.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wouldn't really call this a slapfight bth

I'm definitely more wary of Pod's intentions of pushing this belief that RF is scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i hope this wasnt seen as a slapfight, i actually found it p useful as a discussion and also a lil fun :)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jonathan Fisk posted:

no, I think that's town ssv. mad I won't spell out why treating opop as town is the smart, useful play, and then I diss the guy who +1ed him

Nah I just think stating a point (that opop should be treated as town) without giving any reason why and doubling down on refusing to give a reason is scummy. Also your reasoning for dissing Podima feels off too. Saying you disagree with his points would be understandable, but saying his posts gave no substance when he has been consistently giving opinions feels like you're misrepresenting him.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh I hosed up the bbcode

##vote fisk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"I'm thirsty"

"perhaps drink something"

"Why!?! Thanks a lot, rear end in a top hat!"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

let me be extremely definite and say that everything podima has posted today has read as opportunistic posturing and you taking that as serious content is just foreign to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opop is to be treated as town because anything else is stupid, poor play.

hemming and hawing about a self-janitoring role is garbage and useless, obv

similarly, speculating about a town janitor is ridiculous

therefore the janitor is either 3p or scum. 3p janitor has no obvious motive here, and shouldn't be taken as the likely scenario. So scum janitor.

scum generally gain from town confusion/ignorance no matter what, but they undoubtedly gain more in masking a mislynch than a correct lynch, especially when it's a sloppy rando weirdhammer d1 lynch

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
perhaps the way to treat RF isn't as town or scum, but as whatever you thought he was before he died and flipped null

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hmm think about who voted SSV (it was SSV)(I was saying SSV is scum)(don't worry I'm a scum hunt robot too when I get into gear and people don't like me)

Also I think I have turned off my brain until Inf does his thing, my eyes are glazing over what's happening

I think Inf's thing was him claiming he died last night (and is, y'know, still posting, so he has an extra life/delayed death/weird conditional survival thing etc. role)

I'm a bit skeptical because he was probably the backup lynch if RF wasn't, had expressed no actual suspicion of anyone, and was thus an extremely questionable choice for a scumkill, but I guess he could have been vig'd and the scumkill doctored/roleblocked/whatever

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
edit: wait poo poo half a page appeared between me writing that and posting it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GeneX posted:

edit: wait poo poo half a page appeared between me writing that and posting it

don't

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

sorry (?)

I guess I violated a rule accidentally

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GeneX posted:

sorry (?)

I guess I violated a rule accidentally

Birdstrike posted:

[*]No editing posts. Make a clarification in a new post.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

Tired Moritz posted:

Why is everyone so sassy in this game

Its role madness please chill

:agreed: Pod, why are you being so aggro and mean?

But I'm also having a hard time having fun. It really hurts me to see my poor gay dog like this. It's not like he never stopped shitposting before, but when he got down to serious casing business, his posts used to be so clear, so simple and earnest. Now he sounds like he's really overexplaining his points to justify a fake scum case. Please, let him go peacefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
That said though, I don't think flerp was out of line to be concerned about a death miller.

In a game with MGS flavour, I would expect something new and even more confusing and scary than a death miller. Some kind of Master Miller.

• Locked thread