Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Also easiest edit of my life. You're welcome uwu

edit: what a pagey wagey snipey wipey owo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Huh? I think I'm missing something.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

MiiNiPaa posted:

Rabbits will return with reinforcements to express their displeasure.

Problem with that
So the Paradise Lost armor, because 80% resistances wasn't already overkill enough, also negates any attack that would deal 5 damage or less (10 if you have WN's wing). I don't know if that's before or after resists, however.
According to TeeQueue, the Rabbit Corps soldiers guns do 2-3 damage every time they fire of their respective damage type, which is a smaller number than 5. The melee weapons if resists are applied after the Paradise Lost negation check would be able to at least try to do damage, but if damage reduction is applied before the Paradise Lost damage negation check, then they literally are helpless.

The Rabbits can come in the millions for all we care, Twee and Mizu can literally just wait for them to die of starvation/dehydration.

Qrr posted:

I think it's that X/A didn't say "Good night" back to Angela, like a jerk.

EDIT: I just realized the disconnect between "Paradise Lost is so overpowered it lets the wearer destroy entire squads of super elite mercenaries without a scratch" and "Paradise Lost is barely good enough to let an agent live through a high roll from an Arbiter's Fairy attack"
Arbiters are kind of bullshit, huh.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 13, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

the Orb of Zot posted:

The Rabbits can come in the millions for all we care, Twee and Mizu can literally just wait for them to die of starvation/dehydration.
Who said they will come alone? There is a team which isn't called because collaterial damage would destroy the facility. There is a team which isn't called because it makes Manager, in a separate room, behind cognition filter, go crazy. As they would remember their time in the facility, they would be able to plan countermeasures. And after they figure out that they do not need to engage with the single agent to screw things up...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

MiiNiPaa posted:

Who said they will come alone? There is a team which isn't called because collaterial damage would destroy the facility. There is a team which isn't called because it makes Manager, in a separate room, behind cognition filter, go crazy. As they would remember their time in the facility, they would be able to plan countermeasures. And after they figure out that they do not need to engage with the single agent to screw things up...

Yeah, but in that case A/X can just reset the day. And, if they do manage to get to him Angela can lower the deterrence and whoops have fun with White Night and Blue Star at the same time, R Corp. Granted, that would be the worst case scenario.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
The bunnies are just a mercenary army, there's no reason to care about their feelings. I'm also sure R Corp knows where to send the bill

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Yeah, but in that case A/X can just reset the day. And, if they do manage to get to him Angela can lower the deterrence and whoops have fun with White Night and Blue Star at the same time, R Corp. Granted, that would be the worst case scenario.
Not if they attack branches. There are no TT2 devices and there is a distinct lack of high-grade gear (and high-level abnormalities). L corp will probably will take some measures to defent itself, and in the end it could transform into a literal war. Which is a great way to attract unnessesary attention from the Head.

But, as Angela is not crazy (yet) and does not want to be discovered by Head and being one of the main participants in war without getting paid for that is not good for business, conflict of that scale would not happen. and everything would be settled peacefully.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
While the Rabbits didn't get paid, none of them died and the munitions are supplied by us. So.... it's kind of a wash here.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

the R-Corp Contract is so lop-sided
Boo, go to pun jail

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009

Qrr posted:

X is saying she wouldn't "get" every minute feeling longer when she's been trapped reliving the same two months for years, if not decades.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Rabbits get a lot of crap for the good job they do.

Should send Myo some flowers or something for putting down Binah, even if they don't remember it.

...crazy murderous mercenaries like flowers, right?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
An interesting thing about the rabbits and Binah is that Gebura is explicitly immune to the rabbit portals that lock things in the department, while Binah isn't, and Binah is immune to abnormalities, while Gebura isn't.

This is probably just a mechanical thing (because when Gebura moves around she doesn't actually travel through the transition zones that the Rabbit portals block - she uses her own portals to teleport to random rooms or hallways, like King of Greed), but just interesting to think about.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Drakenel posted:

Should send Myo some flowers or something for putting down Binah, even if they don't remember it.

It is okay they get complimentary HamHamPangPang after every mission. Myo isn't picky about what she eats though.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
The Rabbits in general deal with teleporting enemies very poorly. Which is unfortunate since it feels like a lot of the frequently breaching abnormalities teleport.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Drakenel posted:

Rabbits are usually more fond of grass, but you could send her marigolds or petunias.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Boo, go to pun jail

That's a hare raising punishment.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Not The Wendigo posted:

X is saying she wouldn't "get" every minute feeling longer when she's been trapped reliving the same two months for years, if not decades.
I assumed it was a commentary on being trapped in a room with Mizu, who Angela cannot see.

Besides, Angela is an AI and therefore doesn't have real feelings or a human perception of time anyway.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Rabbits are usually more fond of grass, but you could send her marigolds or petunias.

I like to think that whenever they go above and beyond on a job, people send them carrots as a joke thinking they're being cute/clever. And every time the Rabbits just roll their eyes and add them to the ever-growing pile of rotting carrots they keep to remind them of how each one of their clients is an rear end in a top hat.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

How effective are Rabbits against White Night or Apoc Bird?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

WN absorbs (-2.0) white damage and the apostles instant kill them in batches very quickly. Each of the bird's eggs absorbs one of damage types. So not great for either. When I fought WN I sent all of my blessed agents as far away from the main room of the department he'd appear in as possible and then used the rabbits to seal them in for a while to give myself time to work on the boss before they made their way up.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Dead Reckoning posted:

Besides, Angela is an AI and therefore doesn't have real feelings
:alexa:

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

MiiNiPaa posted:

Not if they attack branches. There are no TT2 devices and there is a distinct lack of high-grade gear (and high-level abnormalities). L corp will probably will take some measures to defent itself, and in the end it could transform into a literal war. Which is a great way to attract unnessesary attention from the Head.

Regarding the high-grade gear/abnos, no, there's definitely Alephs in other branches. Maybe not as many as in the main facility, but there are some.
Thaaat being said, yeah, you do not engage with the Wing whose speciality is fite in a war and expect to stomp them.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

lets hang out posted:

WN absorbs (-2.0) white damage and the apostles instant kill them in batches very quickly. Each of the bird's eggs absorbs one of damage types. So not great for either. When I fought WN I sent all of my blessed agents as far away from the main room of the department he'd appear in as possible and then used the rabbits to seal them in for a while to give myself time to work on the boss before they made their way up.

If -2.0 resist means He heals 2X whenever he takes X white damage, wouldn't that make Rabbits an active liability against Him? Take 50% from red + black, take 20% from pale, that means the net result is WN gaining HP rather than losing HP.

EDIT: I wonder if there's a clause in the contract for a refund if the Rabbits only make matters worse?

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 14, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

the Orb of Zot posted:

EDIT: I wonder if there's a clause in the contract for a refund if the Rabbits only make matters worse?

I doubt it. Rabbits always follow the same procedure, which is likely to be included in contract. You cannot call them to the single room, you cannot ask to not seal the department, etc... And we are probably paying them for work, not the results.
Ammo is provided by us, so complaints like "you healed him instead of killing!" are countered by "why did you gave use that ammo then?".

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Atziluth Roundup

Much like Gebura, Binah is a very chatty lady. She's got a lot of in-combat dialogue, so I'll go through it here.

Phase 1 posted:

When preparing Fairy:
Disperse.

Heed my words, Fairies.

Analyze. Compress. Expand.

Firing Fairy:
Do not dare to stand before me.

When preparing Pillar:
Condensing the Key.

Focus.

Open.

Firing Pillar:
Wreak havoc.

Come on out.

Crumble.

Spawning Spikes/Meltdowns:
Rise.

Collapse.

Resonate.

Successfully working Meltdowns of Gold:
The sandman calls me.

Failure:
You failed to bend my back.

Successfully working Meltdowns of Dark Fog:
I’m fading.

Failure:
You missed the opportunity.

Phase 2 posted:

Successfully working Meltdowns of Waves:
The waves will rock the shore again.

Failure:
You cannot stop the torrent of this world alone.

Phase 3 posted:

When attempting to pause:
You cannot stop the grand current with just those hands of yours.

I want you to finish me with your own power.

When summoning Pillars:
I’ll open the door if I must.

Let us sink here together.

Successfully working Meltdowns of Pillars:
Excellent.

Failure:
Your immaturity is to blame.

And of course, the Rabbits have some special dialogue for her as well. Here's the rest of it:

Rabbit Team posted:

50% of Rabbit Team eliminated
Guess she isn’t a real Arbiter after all. But she does seem to be using some Singularities?

80% of Rabbit Team eliminated
Fairy and Key, what annoying powers… And they’re weakened too!

Rabbit Team wiped out
I’m sure you were aware things would go this way. We’re pulling out now.

I actually have more to say about the middle line, "Fairy and Key, what annoying powers." One of the game's translators, Casual Watson, actually mentioned this line on the discord and had this to say about it:

Casual Watson posted:

[T]he one attack “Fairy and Key” is a mini mistake since we didn’t have context at the time. Fairy and Key are the same thing, there shouldn’t be an “and” there.

So Fairy and Key are the same Singularity, and should be Fairy Key or Key Fairy or something like that. Currently we don't know how many of her attacks are Fairy, but they could all be or they could be other ones that aren't directly mentioned. :iiam: Arbiters, man. They have all the cool stuff.

Records Team Bonus Content

Team description

Clerk/Agent bonuses

Captain bonus: +6 All Stats

Team armband

Hokma sprite

Benjamin sprite

Hokma robot sprite

Story background

Extraction Team Bonus Content

Team description

Clerk/Agent bonuses

Extraction is Welfare and Disciplinary rolled up into one. It has the same bonus progression as both of those departments at each level, but at the same time. :iia:

Team armband

Binah sprite

Binah robot sprite

Story background

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 15, 2021

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Binah got serious 90s Goth Girl vibes going on, especially with her skull earring

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

mercenarynuker posted:

Binah got serious 90s Goth Girl vibes going on, especially with her skull earring

I dunno, it parses to me as a broken key - which lines up with a lot of the stuff she says during the fight.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Boxbot skull?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Materant posted:

I dunno, it parses to me as a broken key - which lines up with a lot of the stuff she says during the fight.

I agree, first thing I thought of when I saw it is that it looks like a key.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Binah looks like she's a robot from Cave Story.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Day 45: Story

Music: Vast Landscape

Don’t you get any impression, when the place you belonged to has been reduced to ashes and dust? Don’t be such a buzzkill. Try to admire the view a little. Since childhood, scenery such as a myriad of stars illuminating the sky or the sun’s radiant light beating down upon the earth couldn’t impress me one bit. This, however, gives me a thrill. A thrill that makes me thirst for more.

My thirst has not been quenched just yet. Why are you trembling so much? Where’d the guts to betray your very own Nest go?

The plan wasn’t perfect by any means, but it wasn’t all that bad, either. Thanks to those that placed their trust in you, we get to have this magnificent view. Trust is one of my favorite weapons, you see. It leaves a great wound, no?

Wherever there is trash, they’ll always be on time to gather it up. It’s a symbiotic relationship, so to speak. We’re too busy to take care of all the dregs.

:gonk: N… No… Please…

Ah yes, that face.

:gonk: ......... Anything but the Sweepers.. Please…

When we click to advance there's a pained, horrified scream that fades into a squelching noise. It feels very brutal, and an image fades in slowly after the sound ends.

Garion, ladies and gentlemen. :allears:

…..

Wouldn’t you agree? Now, the next stop… is that place.

But the weak and the vulnerable tend to yield greatly valuable information. What kind of faces will show me what it means to be alive next?

Only the sound of their last breath, and the expressions they made while they cling to their fading life could satisfy me. I recognized a long time ago that you and I were no different. We are the mutants this epoch has created.

That is why you could have planned all this. However, no matter what you achieve here, the world will not change at all.

...But simply idling here won’t change the world, either.

I shall not close my eyes just because my eyelids are heavy, nor shall I turn away just because the sight is painful. Simply proceed like you always have. Then you may just triumph.

In summary: We get a glimpse of Garion-Binah's original form-in her day to day activities as she crushes an "H Corporation." It turns out she's exactly as merciless as we already knew she was, and she mentions moving on to her next job-we know how that story ends. In the present, she confirms that we and her are alike, and that we're better fit than most to live through this era of humanity. While she still insists that we're not going to actually accomplish anything, she's decided to observe us as we try to finish our plan-and in the end admits that if we keep going we may just triumph.

Strange Dream never played, no deep epiphanies were had, and no lessons were learned. Nevertheless we got The Eye Facing the Fear; Breaking the Cycle, so in the end the Seed grows to 90% and everything's probably fine. :lobcorp:

...We did it.

We did.

So uh. What happens now?

There's a script for 90%, isn't there? :rolleyes:

Music: Until dawn

So you wish to hear an answer from me. I have already made my conclusion. I was full of myself at first. I thought you would never be able to do anything without me by your side when we first met.

Perhaps my assistance was not necessary in your journey, after all. Therefore, you should not be seeking an answer from me anymore.

So, what do you think will be waiting for you behind that door?

In summary: Angela states that she didn't think we'd be able to do anything without her, but we've proven her wrong. She then says that because of that we should stop looking to her for answers, and mentions that we can clearly see a door-presumably the one out of here.

No more metaphors, please. I'm tired and they hurt me.

I am simply fulfilling my duty as I always have. Speaking of which...

Day 45 Story

Oh, right... That tenth Sephirah… I got so caught up in the moment that I forgot about it. Hokma?

Yes, A?

Do you know of any others?

I'm afraid not. As far as I've seen it's been only the ten of us Sephirot.

Then do you know anything about day 46? Or after that? I can see that it's called the Architecture Team, but beyond that…

Unfortunately not, A. I have no memories of any such day, and the records of any days beyond this in the cycle are… nonexistent. It's as though they were forcibly purged by someone with more authority than I.

Angela? Was that you?

It was not.

Hm. Maybe Talow would know?

That wouldn't be possible. Since it became clear that whatever happened within Architecture would render the lot of us into an unstable state, I would attempt to ensure the cycle ended before then. To that effect, Talow has not been alive beyond Day 45 as of yet.

Hmm… Binah, any chance that-?

My child cannot control what she remembers. There is no doubt in my mind that she would survive, but she's a thing to observe. Not to question.

Tch. We'll have to rely on the TT2 protocol when we get that far, then. Everyone buckle down. Tomorrow's going to be our last day before we bring this all to a close.

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: Angela tries something new.

...So that's the situation. And more or less what I'm thinking of doing about it.

Tch. Well, I guess it's up to you. I'll try to keep everything from going badly on this end. Still, telling everyone this late in the game is…

You guys got me this far. If we make it to the end it's going to be off of your backs, too. I'm sure of it.

...Heh. What happened to that paranoid guy who shot me?

He got punched in the face. Hard. Probably deserved it.

Definitely deserved it.

Either way… sorry I couldn't find anything out about your dad. Not even the Records Team had anything. Whoever he was, I don't think he was ever at this facility.

It is what it is. At this point, just focus on getting us out of this loop, okay? The trail might be cold, but that doesn't mean I can't pick it up after we get out of here.

I'll do what I can to help once I'm all done with my part, too.

drat right you will. We have a deal, and I can beat you in a fistfight. :rolleyes:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 9, 2021

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The H Corp stood for "homophobic" so it's ok that Binah beat them up

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

goblin week posted:

The H Corp stood for "homophobic" so it's ok that Binah beat them up

Generating power from the sheer white hot rage of olds and neckbeards that She-Ra is 'less fuckable' and 'queer' now.
Sadly, after being decimated by Garion, TERF Corp took their place, and the cycle repeats.

e:

quote:

The sandman calls me.

Mr. Sandman,
bring me a scream,
make it the brightest,
'fore it is swept clean.

Give it a face,
with all of its tears spent.
Such is life's one and only bright testament.

Mr. Sandman,
it brings me no joy.
Just got a bucket, and a warped employ.
Resonate across this dreary scene,
Mr. Sandman,
bring me a scream.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 15, 2021

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

So, she starts out in her boxbot shell split open when you suppress her. Does that mean she's real tiny, or the boxbots are actually real big?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The developer interviews clarified that they're supposed to be about the size of a normal person, and that the reason they're so big in the suppressions (Gebura's was there in the background too) is to give the idea that our opponents came out from inside of them.

The size here is for dramatic emphasis is all.

edit:

Lunar Suite posted:

Mr. Sandman,
bring me a scream,
make it the brightest,
'fore it is swept clean.

Give it a face,
with all of its tears spent.
Such is life's one and only bright testament.

Mr. Sandman,
it brings me no joy.
Just got a bucket, and a warped employ.
Resonate across this dreary scene,
Mr. Sandman,
bring me a scream.

:allears:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Mar 15, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Now we have answer on why Binah Garion was so cruel to Chesed Daniel: she drinks tea, he drinks coffee.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lunar Suite posted:

Generating power from the sheer white hot rage of olds and neckbeards that She-Ra is 'less fuckable' and 'queer' now.
Sadly, after being decimated by Garion, TERF Corp took their place, and the cycle repeats.

EDIT: nvm, i'm dumb, ignore this

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 15, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I love this scene because in it we get to learn that despite all her vague ramblings, Binah is actually just in the biz because murder is her kink :allears:

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Disappointed that we only got to see Binah's crazy face once.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

TeeQueue posted:

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: Angela tries something new.

It's just another cactus isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I love that Binah has zero redeeming qualities and is just an outright sociopath who loves tea and the screams of the dying. And she absolutely owns it. :allears: