Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah he wasn't a real flat earth believer. He had been trying to build rockets for a long time but had run out of money, and then some flat earth people offered him funding so he shrugged and took it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe, but he seemed to have drunk the flavoraid and become the mask.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pickled Tink posted:

He definitively proved the Splat Earth theory.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Kith posted:

After that crash, he's a multilayered lasagna of person. :cool:

Nah, I'd say he's only one layer. A very thin thin thin layer...

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

wesleywillis posted:

A thin, pink misty layer.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
hankering for pizza now

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

He is undeniably a carpaccio.

\/\/\/ I was trying to stick to the italian theme but you've gotta be way more correct texture-wise, yeah.

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 24, 2020

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

He is undeniably a carpaccio.

More likely a pate or liverwurst

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeet

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

Listen if the fire isn't there in 30 minutes, they make the driver pay for it
pretty unreasonable, it's not like it's gonna get cold

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv79VRL97PA

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Fighting in a factory is pretty osha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39FKK7YPNIU

e: Yeah, jesus, the video title...is very unfortunate.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 24, 2020

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
The name of that video is a "yikes" at least.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEk7qXbYDf0

I don't follow the thread so apologies if this is a repost

e: Holy poo poo the guys building scaffold at 10:00

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

jfc no thanks on doing this job.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Very osha!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

jfc no thanks on doing this job.

Every time you see a photo like this, think about the person taking the photo being up even higher.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I love the constant comments of "Careful, you're pretty high up there Joe!" Which is basically the 1928 equivalent of a fall arrest harness.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I love the constant comments of "Careful, you're pretty high up there Joe!" Which is basically the 1928 equivalent of a fall arrest harness.

The whole clothing situation back then makes me laugh, wearing what today looks like formal wear, but on the construction site high up in scaffolding. And you wouldn't be caught dead without a brimmed hat in public.

Lets not forget this famous image:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

That video rules. I wish I was a metalworker so I could bang on an eagle all day :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

The whole clothing situation back then makes me laugh, wearing what today looks like formal wear, but on the construction site high up in scaffolding. And you wouldn't be caught dead without a brimmed hat in public.

Lets not forget this famous image:

This is the future boomers want

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

This is the future boomers want

That makes perfect sense, since it was way before their time, and they demand that everyone deal with hardships they never had to experience.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

That makes perfect sense, since it was way before their time, and they demand that everyone deal with hardships they never had to experience.

The circle of Boomer Life.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

starkebn posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
why would you probe someone for this but not edit the loving post

wat the gently caress burt

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That dude ain't dead, just hosed.

He got rescued.

https://www.theinertia.com/mountain/instagramed-snowboarder-rescued-at-whistler-filmed-clinging-to-cliff/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

KoRMaK posted:

why would you probe someone for this but not edit the loving post

wat the gently caress burt

I wasn’t certain he was dead, but mainly non osha related. That report hung for a long time deciding between us all. It was a 6 Jfc

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ah okie dokie

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
And shameful decision.

Also:

I'm still trying to figure out how the barman managed that. Looks like there was no nip on it, and he just splashed it forwards with a bad pour? As in, if there was no fire the customer would still have gotten soaked with booze?

Edit: no wait it clearly has a nip on it. I've never had something violently shoot out like that, what the heck.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 24, 2020

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Burt Sexual posted:

I wasn’t certain he was dead, but mainly non osha related. That report hung for a long time deciding between us all. It was a 6 Jfc

Ski patrol had to get ropes and stage a rescue, that's pretty OSHA, but I guess that's the story behind what was caught on camera.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Serephina posted:

And shameful decision.
yea its kinda pedantic to probe for "non osha" but it was a 6 but also, you wanna be that specific about rule following? It kills the momentum of the thread. I thought the guy was dead which is why i sounded off. but if he survived thats fine, and also, he could have been working as ski patrol or a tour or something so thats osha right? Are we going to stop posting russian work videos here since they don't have an osha? What about mining stuff??? thats technically MSHA

:colbert:

less rules, more fun

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Serephina posted:

And shameful decision.

Also:

I'm still trying to figure out how the barman managed that. Looks like there was no nip on it, and he just splashed it forwards with a bad pour? As in, if there was no fire the customer would still have gotten soaked with booze?

Edit: no wait it clearly has a nip on it. I've never had something violently shoot out like that, what the heck.

As he was pouring, it "glugged" and allowed atmospheric air back into the bottle, which mixed with alcohol vapors. The flame traveled up the alcohol, and made a "whoosh rocket". The jet of fire carried alcohol with it, which ignited in air and sprayed the woman in the face with burning alcohol, which then stuck to her face and promptly hosed her up: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3494636/Shocking-moment-bartender-accidentally-engulfs-woman-flames-sets-internet-alight.html

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

KoRMaK posted:

yea its kinda pedantic to probe for "non osha" but it was a 6 but also, you wanna be that specific about rule following? It kills the momentum of the thread. I thought the guy was dead which is why i sounded off. but if he survived thats fine, and also, he could have been working as ski patrol or a tour or something so thats osha right? Are we going to stop posting russian work videos here since they don't have an osha? What about mining stuff??? thats technically MSHA

:colbert:

less rules, more fun

Oh jeeze

It didn’t have any workers that I saw, and this thread is super loosely moderated. Stop being like that. Dude could’ve easily posted that dude was fine, rescued, and recuperating. We can’t investigate every single gif posted here and hold a grand jury.

E please open a qqcs thread if you need to discuss more on this

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

please shut the hell up about sixers

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Kith posted:

What an idiot. Everyone knows horses take biodiesel.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Blue Moonlight posted:

What an idiot. Everyone knows horses take biodiesel.

Even still, it goes in the other end of the horse.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Kith posted:

City horses make do.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

No you see it's a new formula.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

insta posted:

As he was pouring, it "glugged" and allowed atmospheric air back into the bottle, which mixed with alcohol vapors. The flame traveled up the alcohol, and made a "whoosh rocket". The jet of fire carried alcohol with it, which ignited in air and sprayed the woman in the face with burning alcohol, which then stuck to her face and promptly hosed her up: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3494636/Shocking-moment-bartender-accidentally-engulfs-woman-flames-sets-internet-alight.html

I was a regular at a bar in my early 20s, greek bar & grill place, kinda like Chilis but with good food, better deals, and song & dance - it was called Taverna! Every so often (when the kitchen would get backed up), the servers would stop putting in orders and do a quick little dance routine. The bar was set up as a long island, and the bartenders were quite skilled at fireblowing using 151. This went on for a good 2 years, the music changes, servers dance, bartenders blow fire. I remember thinking how gross it was that the bartenders would get firespit all over the bar (and sometimes peoples' food), but everyone is usually drunk at this point anyway and who cares, fire is cool. Well, one day a non-fireblowing bartender was wearing a top that was kinda plasticy, and ended up fumbling a drink earlier in the night and covering herself in alcohol. A bit of on-fire spittle flew her way, and lit her entire front half on fire. She suffered 2nd/3rd degree burns, hospitalized for a couple weeks - lots of lasting damage. I hear the owner paid her out under the table but who knows - all I know is that was the last time they blew fire at Taverna. In fact, now for the flaming cheese they send a crew of 3 people minimum to the table in case of any issues, and one has to have a fire extinguisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/JbIJHnw.mp4

no tether