Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Even Otamendi is on that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Daktari posted:

Sucks for man city. He was way better for them last season, compared to Bravo this season. Bravo just doesn't save shots.
Plus Hart is performing pretty garbage in Italy isn't he?

On the last Football Ramble they talked about how people say keepers are "good shot stoppers" and how you'd expect that, the better keepers are better at other things as well. They made the point that Bravo can distribute but can't save shots and gave some crazy stat that he's pretty much conceded every shot on target.

I've no lost love for Hart, but the egg on Pep's sulky face is endlessly entertaining.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ninpo posted:

On the last Football Ramble they talked about how people say keepers are "good shot stoppers" and how you'd expect that, the better keepers are better at other things as well. They made the point that Bravo can distribute but can't save shots and gave some crazy stat that he's pretty much conceded every shot on target.

I've no lost love for Hart, but the egg on Pep's sulky face is endlessly entertaining.

pretty sure that was on football weekly

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

RideTheSpiral posted:

Yeah, the Guardian podcast right?

Bravo is worse than last season Mings. Fucker conceded the first shot on target in so many games.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Daktari posted:

Bravo is worse than last season Mings. Fucker conceded the first shot on target in so many games.

Poor Tyron Mings can't catch a break

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Daktari posted:

bravo is insanely bad and hell I love it

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

I heard v similar stuff on the 5 live football daily

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

JFairfax posted:

I heard v similar stuff on the 5 live football daily

robbie savage was the loving worst

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Let's look at this very objective and not-at-all biased list. Hmmmm....

1. David Luiz

Games: 17
Tackles: 19
Aerial Duels Won: 24
Interceptions: 28
Fouls Conceded: 12
Yellow Cards: 3
Red Cards: 0
Goals: 0

5. Laurent Koscielny

Games:20
Tackles: 32
Aerial Duels Won: 80
Interceptions: 57
Fouls Conceded: 11
Yellow Cards: 3
Red Cards: 0
Goals: 2

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao why even bother including the stats. Luiz is way behind everyone else.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Am I missing him or does that list not have Toby Alderweireld, who is the best defender in the league by some distance.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
tbh luiz is part of a team that is top of the league and in my eyes that usually makes him a pretty decent player.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Pep is so used to dominating leagues with 80% possession and needing a keeper who's more of a last-line midfielder that has to save one shot a game that he forgot to buy a keeper who can actually save that one shot

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

Pep is so used to dominating leagues with 80% possession and needing a keeper who's more of a last-line midfielder that has to save one shot a game that he forgot to buy a keeper who can actually save that one shot

Pep is actually used to every other team and the refs just agreeing to let the 90 minutes play out then declare him the victor regardless of the events of the match.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

tbh luiz is part of a team that is top of the league and in my eyes that usually makes him a pretty decent player.

He only looks as good as he does this season because of Kante. Remember how imperious Morgan and Huth looked last season with Kante running around in midfield? Now look at them.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Shoren posted:

He only looks as good as he does this season because of Kante. Remember how imperious Morgan and Huth looked last season with Kante running around in midfield? Now look at them.

"Luiz is a top defender except that he often makes stupid mistakes that lead to goals"

*He stops making stupid mistakes*

"He isn't that good a defender"

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Shoren posted:

Let's look at this very objective and not-at-all biased list. Hmmmm....

David Luiz
11 clean sheets in 17 appearances
Handball goals: 0

Laurent Koscielny
7 clean sheets in 20 appearances
Handball goals: 1

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

"Luiz is a top defender except that he often makes stupid mistakes that lead to goals"

*He stops making stupid mistakes*

"He isn't that good a defender"

There is no such thing as improvement. There is only fraud.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shoren posted:

1. David Luiz

Number of times transferred as dead weight as part of a money laundering scheme: 2

5. Laurent Koscielny

Number of times transferred as dead weight as part of a money laundering scheme: 0

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 19, 2017

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Shoren posted:

except huth and morgan also got away with literally grabbing and pulling anyone to the ground that got into the box.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Allan Nyom is also having a dispute with Cameroon. How important has he been for West Brom?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

except huth and morgan also got away with literally grabbing and pulling anyone to the ground that got into the box.

Hell, Huth still is allowed to do that way too much.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Luiz has been better but generally Chelsea defend so well from the front that he doesn't have to do that much himself

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Luiz has a special place in my heart because of this:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
finding it hard to believe that the majority of TRP doesn't find the lanky guy with big hair world class

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Didn't Luiz actually play a holding role at one point for Chelsea? I think it coincided with when he was scoring with free kicks all the time.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Didn't Luiz actually play a holding role at one point for Chelsea? I think it coincided with when he was scoring with free kicks all the time.

Yeah, for a short time when Mourinho was there. He was quite good at it, iirc.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
From what I remember, he used to play as a DM occasionally at Benfica as well.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah, for a short time when Mourinho was there. He was quite good at it, iirc.

benitez was the first one to put him in a holding role at chelsea and I thought it was a great idea

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JFairfax posted:

benitez was the first one to put him in a holding role at chelsea and I thought it was a great idea

Sometimes a blind squirrel gets a nut.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

JFairfax posted:

yeah he did well at it. i had no problems with the Benitez reign. although Jose got two more good seasons out of JT

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Mauricio Pochettino could not disguise his smirk as he contemplated how one of the features of the new stadium growing next to White Hart Lane, the “Tunnel Club”, will give a select band of supporters a prime view of the action as the players come on and off the pitch. “Dangerous ...” the Tottenham manager said, eyes sparkling. “A lot of things will happen there. It will be very expensive.”

Indeed it will, as the Tunnel Club will provide one of the elite premium experiences the club has unveiled, with one-way glass panels lining the tunnel. The players will not in return be able to gaze at the lucky 104 supporters enjoying their fine dining in this area, but knowing Pochettino the onus will be on making sure they will be focused enough on their job in hand.

The most expensive seats in the exclusive “H Club” will cost an even prettier penny. A £15,000 joining fee – and any client must buy a pair of tickets – will put any takers back £30,000 before watching even a minute of football. It includes the kind of attention to detail that offers a cheese room for clients to select their own specially sourced half-time cheeses.

Voyeurism and cheese, a potent combination.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Scum. Rip football

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"Specially sourced halftime cheese" is not something I knew I wanted.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This contrasts my distaste for the luxury box denizens with my overriding feeling that cheese improves basically everything.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Man City's shopping experience luxury suites are still the worst imo

e: http://www.harveynichols.com/news/2014/08/11/harvey-nichols-manchester-city/

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 20, 2017

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Things I go to watch football for:
  • Fine dining
  • Specially sourced cheese

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
idk, usually when I watch on TV I'm eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

Man City's shopping experience luxury suites are still the worst imo

e: http://www.harveynichols.com/news/2014/08/11/harvey-nichols-manchester-city/

The way this is written is loving gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Someone post that image of an advert for Chelsea's "bespoke" prawn sandwiches.

• Locked thread