Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Seth is really over, what should we do with this situation?
This poll is closed.
Put over... THE BIG DOG! 54 43.90%
Make Seth lose the title! 24 19.51%
Take money out of Kevin Owens' paycheck 25 20.33%
Capitalize on Seth, push him to the moon (comedy option) 20 16.26%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Japan tour's over, Carmella retained (by DQ but still)

Sorry Darkstar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Japan tour's over, Carmella retained (by DQ but still)

Sorry Darkstar

I saw. Japanese fans were pretty pissed off by it. Apparently the match was two minutes of Asuka beating the poo poo out of Carmella, who then tossed Asuka into something under the ring, getting DQed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cavauro posted:

Daniel Bryan calls his work dumb as gently caress to their face as well as his wife. You have to wonder if he's kind of not cool irl, even though it owns that he is mean to WWF. Despite the way that was worded, you're not required to

Why is it not cool to say your work is dumb as gently caress?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You should always be nice

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Not to your employers who are dumb as gently caress.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's part of the pattern

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
you have to be mentally ill to become a professional wrestler, just like posting on a message board in 2018

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

nope

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

if you don't hate your boss and talk poo poo about your job, at least privately, you're not human

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

D-Bry is already married, so they missed their opportunity to fire him.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Truly hosed up of Bryan to be saying that poo poo about wwe

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

die

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
bryowns

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Daniel Bryan bullied The Ryback right out of WWE and exposed his disgusting Lesnar lust.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

You should always, in fact, be not nice

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Darkstar you need to start predicting things you don't want to happen so that the opposite will come true

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

Darkstar you need to start predicting things you don't want to happen so that the opposite will come true

Plot twist: He does.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Plot twist: He does.

Plot Twist: Darkstar is Carmella.

Big Poppa
Aug 21, 2003
Big Poppa is fine.
Was Almas in LIJ before WWE? Wondering if the Tranquilo pose is an homage to LIJ.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Big Poppa posted:

Was Almas in LIJ before WWE? Wondering if the Tranquilo pose is an homage to LIJ.

He was Ingobernable a year before Naito was.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Big Poppa posted:

No, he was in the original Mexican version, Los Ingobernables, with Rush and friends. Which Naito was also in and took with him back to Japan.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
A coworker who never watches wrestling texted me to say she’s in a bar and it’s on, and she’s hooked now that she’s seen Ronda throw around a bunch of dudes.

Ronda is a draw, brother.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Now to see how long it takes WWE to race to the bottom in ruining her forever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He was Ingobernable a year before Naito was.

I love the below picture so much :allears:

https://twitter.com/ChrisCrash00/status/901142898648825856

It's like that photo of Jared Leto seeing that green outfit at a fashion show and then later being pictured wearing it on a red carpet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Aw man I was gonna post that picture. :(

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I love the below picture so much :allears:
That is loving awesome.

Man I wish that was Almas' gimmick while Vega tries to get him to do things.

It's weird he gets a manager on the main roster, now that I think about it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spiderdrake posted:

That is loving awesome.

Man I wish that was Almas' gimmick while Vega tries to get him to do things.

It's weird he gets a manager on the main roster, now that I think about it.

It was, at first. He was a tranquilo party boy and Vega slapped some sense into him and then he became a champion. But all the traces of tranquilo are pretty much gone now, which is a bummer.

I'm pretty sure he only gets to keep his manager cause he's not really fluent in English, at least to my knowledge.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cena is really good in the movie Blockers - whenever he does a non WWE studios movie he's usually the best part of it

The dude is good at comedy and not afraid to play weird characters

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Openly saying that your employer is too stupid to make anything good is a bold strategy but it's not like they can punish him by booking him poorly

When Daniel Bryan wins the title after chasing it for years, Big Cass will return and squash him in 15 seconds

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

death denied

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Cena is really good.

The dude is good at comedy and not afraid to play weird character

Seriously. I saw him in the Amy Pohler/Tina Fey film Sisters, and whilst the film was hit and miss, Cena was funny as balls.

Which makes me think about all the "JBL is poopy. Fruity pebbles" bullshit comedy he did in promos. Was that all Vinces stupidity performed by a great performer, or possibly Cena has a stupid sense of humour, but has great comic timing so when he is saying lines written by actually funny people he can turn them into gold.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

triplexpac posted:

A coworker who never watches wrestling texted me to say she’s in a bar and it’s on, and she’s hooked now that she’s seen Ronda throw around a bunch of dudes.

Ronda is a draw, brother.

Ronda won over all the women at my bar. It's all Ronda and Finn for them now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Seriously. I saw him in the Amy Pohler/Tina Fey film Sisters, and whilst the film was hit and miss, Cena was funny as balls.

Which makes me think about all the "JBL is poopy. Fruity pebbles" bullshit comedy he did in promos. Was that all Vinces stupidity performed by a great performer, or possibly Cena has a stupid sense of humour, but has great comic timing so when he is saying lines written by actually funny people he can turn them into gold.

As has been seen in the one leaked raw script, they often times write WAY worse comedy for Cena, and he'll vaguely try to keep in that ballpark but often just do his own thing with that planned material.

It's notable that "JBL is Poopy" was a rehash of what he did the first time he feuded with JBL over the World Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtXxxmDwzVg&t=330s

They somehow made it lamer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BrigadierSensible posted:

I haven't seen Sisters but I thought he was great in Trainwreck. Maybe it's just doubly funny to me because the part as originally written was basically a dramatization of her relationship with Ziggler, then they cast Cena and they apparently completely changed the entire part to match and it was the better for it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Now to see how long it takes WWE to race to the bottom in ruining her forever

They seem to be about 50/50 with her, but when they actually do what's supposedly the core idea in booking her like Austin, unsurprisingly, it gets over.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Vince seems to like people who play hardball. He's gonna give him a 5 year title reign.

Probably not a title reign, but a boatload of money and whatever schedule he wants? Maybe a creative control clause so he writes his own angles a la Jericho? Absolutely. And it's paradoxical because Vince has spent his entire life cultivating a landscape where everyone is beholden to him for their livelihoods and thus is too scared to walk away but he loves it when talent feels in a position where they can press him. Bryan now has the benefit of WWE clearing him so no other promotion is going to worry about the optics of having him wrestle for them, and he's a big enough deal that if he walks and goes to ROH or New Japan, it's actually notable AND he'd be able to make a LOT of money working for them and indies. Unlike, say, Zack Ryder, D-Bry can threaten to walk away and not be worried about where he'll be financially in a year or two.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 2, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you watch YouTube videos of Cena answering questions for like, Wired, it's always really funny. He COULD have people writing that stuff for him but I think he's just actually a witty guy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

VJeff posted:

If you watch YouTube videos of Cena answering questions for like, Wired, it's always really funny. He COULD have people writing that stuff for him but I think he's just actually a witty guy.

The ol 5 Questions with the Champ show on WWE.com was awesome. I think that’s what gave me a clue that Cena is actually an awesome dude

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't seen Sisters but I thought he was great in Trainwreck. Maybe it's just doubly funny to me because the part as originally written was basically a dramatization of her relationship with Ziggler, then they cast Cena and they apparently completely changed the entire part to match and it was the better for it.

Cena never being afraid to play any type of character works so well with his personality and look. He's got pretty good range - in one movie he'll be playing a giant muscular tattooed scary drug dealer who barely speaks and the next he'll be an effeminate overprotective dad who would rather talk things out than fight.

Edit: The Rock, Batista and Cena may have all been 'born' in WWE but they are all much better than that lovely company and it's good to see them all succeed outside of it.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 2, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/status/1013592196564570117

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Good news

https://twitter.com/DonutKingKC/status/1013751726887796736?s=19

• Locked thread