Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I keep using Bowsette in these polls or is the meme dead
This poll is closed.
Bowsette will never die 73 23.03%
Please stop, it stopped being funny months ago 34 10.73%
Same as a above but I want to add it was never funny 47 14.83%
I really don't care either way 25 7.89%
Bowsette 138 43.53%
Total: 317 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Hwurmp posted:

you seem to know an awful lot about human->Sonic transformation fetish comics

They're really quite tasteful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
can somebody who has played Sonic 06 explain what's going on with Sonic's human girlfriend's dress? Does it have a strip of burlap at the bottom?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Why does sonic have a human girlfriend. Is bestiality just normal in the sonicverse? I thought sonic had another hedgehog girlfriend in the older games

al-azad
May 28, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

sonic's gloves turning into white fur is still kinda hosed up

I think his palms having fur is the biggest indicator that he was designed by a brainless comittee.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
im clinging to my conspiracy theory that the sonic live action movie is a long con ploy to make sonic 06 look like a masterpiece in hindsight

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Princess Sally Acorn was a fox I believe

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I can't believe Sonic and James Marsden are gonna gently caress

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Convex posted:

Why does sonic have a human girlfriend. Is bestiality just normal in the sonicverse? I thought sonic had another hedgehog girlfriend in the older games

I really think the issue with the dress is the bigger question

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

dude she's like 16

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Convex posted:

The hosed up thing is that Sonic Team was trying to push a human girlfriend on Sonic since day one.

The history of Sonic is a series of bad decisions with really passionate people playing damage control. Maybe the universe will rebalance itself and the next Sonic game will be really, really good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:reject: uh excuse me I think you'll find that you are grossly incorrect and furthermore

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If Roger Rabbit can have a human wife, so can Sonic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

:reject: uh excuse me I think you'll find that you are grossly incorrect and furthermore

I stand corrected, the 10,000-word Sonic Wiki article states she is a chipmunk

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So if Sonic has girlfriends does that mean he has a penis? If so, where is it? Asking for a friend.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I wish Sonic would teach me how to meet women

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Housh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrtkiLEGbE

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Verranicus posted:

So if Sonic has girlfriends does that mean he has a penis? If so, where is it? Asking for a friend.

It is pink and glistening and inside his crotch until arousal

It is a dog dick

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Getting knotted by sonic

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Housh posted:

https://kotaku.com/how-i-achieved-greatness-on-a-sonic-the-hedgehog-themed-5888677

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Come out of work only for horrible sonic discussions to fill the thread. Missed you guys.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

you've had a somethingawful forums account for 14 years how are you NOT an expert on human to sonic transformation comics

I'm still not cool enough :smith: somebody please teach me

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah, but Roger is funny, Sonic's not.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

umm Jessica Rabbit is clearly a toon, loving lmao

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
There was a reason why that idea got scrapped in the first place. Sonic 06 was a mistake. Though it did give us Tyson Hesse so... yeah

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

umm Jessica Rabbit is clearly a toon, loving lmao

:eyepop:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
tinfoil hat conspiracy: they couldn't figure out how to make sonic look good in this movie, so to get ahead of the story about sonic looking like crap, they released a trailer where he looks terrible. Like, the worst they could possibly make him look. So when they release the movie with their originally planned sonic model, people talk about how much better he looks even though he's still crap

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

tinfoil hat conspiracy: they couldn't figure out how to make sonic look good in this movie, so to get ahead of the story about sonic looking like crap, they released a trailer where he looks terrible. Like, the worst they could possibly make him look. So when they release the movie with their originally planned sonic model, people talk about how much better he looks even though he's still crap

It's genius...

al-azad
May 28, 2009

In other sad news, cartoonist Chris Reccardi passed away today as well :(

If you watched cartoons in the 90s you know his work. He was a master at the sort of 1950s UPA style of art and helped really define the look and tone of shows like Ren and Stimpy, Samurai Jack, and Powerpuff Girls.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

al-azad posted:

I think his palms having fur is the biggest indicator that he was designed by a brainless comittee.

He’s just very, very lonely

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Kelly Turnbull (Manly Guys Doing Manly Things) did a whole thread about the Sonic redesign announcement that I think is an interesting read:

https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/1124090999305920519

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Verranicus posted:

Every one of Sonic’s extremities is a specially modified penis. The wonders of evolution.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmOwazdrzpI

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bushisms.txt posted:

Trans exclusionary radical feminists

Folks who use feminist language for biotruth gatekeeping. A big tactic of theirs is trying to call terf a slur against all women.

You'll also be hearing about SWERFS, sex worker exclusionary radical feminists, if you follow along with all this.

TERFs are almost as bad as people who were born female and think that anyone who "looks male" but identifies as nonbinary is trying to get away with something. As someone with a penis that is nonbinary this is extra annoying to me. Let alone the stupidity of buying into the notion that certain appearance things "are" masculine in the first place.

It's hella regressive to start with the presumption that certain things "are" feminine and some "are" masculine. To be actually progressive, a good start would be to stop thinking "oh, you wear dresses and makeup, that's feminine" or "oh you have facial hair, that's masculine". Ugh.

And don't get me started on how lovely people treat bi/pansexuals as "not really queer"

Ugh.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Who are Video Chums

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

A jaws themed nerd core group

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh god, my new gaming PC is pretty amazing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Kelly Turnbull (Manly Guys Doing Manly Things) did a whole thread about the Sonic redesign announcement that I think is an interesting read:

https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/1124090999305920519

I think this is going to be a pretty accurate summation of what's going to happen.

You also have to think about the computer hours needed to rerender an entire cgi heavy movie close to deadline.
You either need to pay a new render farm an exorbitant amount of money to jump ahead of the queue, or you were already planning a revised model and the footage we're seeing is an old render.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Have you ever heard the bullshit story when you were a kid about how potato chips were invented? Where some jerk kept telling a chef to cut his potatoes thinner and thinner until finally the chef had enough and cut them razor-thin as a prank, and then the person loved them and those were the first potato chips?

That's my fun Sonic theory. Some CEO was like "that Sonic render is too cartoony and he doesn't fit, make him look more real!" and one artist made an incredibly spiteful Sonic with hyper-realistic fur and the muscles of a small man and the CEO came back and said "well, this looks all right I think" and they just got stuck with it

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Tonight I was knocked out of my pinball league in the semifinals by one point, then in the side tourney (which included the arcade games) I got knocked out on Pac Man of all things. I got cocky going for points and instead of doing anything noteworthy I lost all three lives on the first board. The person I was playing against turfed it on the second stage so I know I would have stayed in if I had stuck to by-the-books dot eating.

Pretty disappointed with myself but c’est la vie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I feel like if design changes were made to Sonic months ago it would’ve leaked for sure. Last minute radical changes aren’t unheard of. The crappy The Thing prequel replaced all the beautiful practical effects with digital in post production not counting a 4 month delay to reshoot poo poo and change the entire ending.