Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Actually I'm finding with enough gear/cards gas is about as good as Super Bombs. Seems like anything with enough bonuses gets pretty insane. I'll happily switch away from gas if a few more cards and more importantly some +explosions gear comes my way.

I lucked into a helm with +4 crate radar so that switch just got a lot easier, yay +15% pick durability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BGrifter posted:

Actually I'm finding with enough gear/cards gas is about as good as Super Bombs. Seems like anything with enough bonuses gets pretty insane. I'll happily switch away from gas if a few more cards and more importantly some +explosions gear comes my way.

I lucked into a helm with +4 crate radar so that switch just got a lot easier, yay +15% pick durability.

Oh man, +4 crate radar with the Old One would be some serious wall hacks. Super grenades is the next card to start upgrading. I went with Super Bombs first since I pulled a precious bombs card and that combo plus precious salesman has been my money maker.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

I've gotten a lot of grenade cards. Grenades become absolutely filthy as they get leveled - when you're tossing out like 7 grenades per crate, plus two more from Dan, basically everything around you gets obliterated, plus they'll dig themselves down deeper in a hole.

Yeah, grenades are crazy. I use Demolition Dan with max-level More Grenade Crates/Extra Grenades/More Shuffle Explosives, along with gear that gives me more powerful grenade explosions. Pretty much demolishes everything.

Lt_Tofu posted:

Oh man, +4 crate radar with the Old One would be some serious wall hacks. Super grenades is the next card to start upgrading. I went with Super Bombs first since I pulled a precious bombs card and that combo plus precious salesman has been my money maker.

Yeah, Super Bombs + Precious Bombs + Precious Salesman is a great way to make money. Especially with the right gear - for instance, I just got a Legendary pair of gloves with 14% chance of dropping precious metals per hit and 70% more bomb crates.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, Super Bombs + Precious Bombs + Precious Salesman is a great way to make money. Especially with the right gear - for instance, I just got a Legendary pair of gloves with 14% chance of dropping precious metals per hit and 70% more bomb crates.

Nice combo, I have helmet with 10% precious drop and 3m precious magnet for lazy farming. Just got some gloves with another 10% precious drop increase but I don't know if it will be better then the 8% more precious bombs I was using. The increased precious drop rate seems to even out the money earned instead of relying on hitting the precious bomb crates.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

I found the Frenzy cards to be pretty good in a depth build, as they tend to keep a chain explosion going longer.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
Good things are coming.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

BGrifter posted:

Still playing it myself, anyone have any advice for the last few sets of dungeons? I'm currently at 200 pick swings and banking cash to prestige and re-level. My setup is Super Bomb (lvl 4), Super Gas (lvl 3) and Crate Radar (lvl 3) with three pieces of so-so legendary gear including +70% more gas crates gloves.
I've beat Asgard with:

Demolition Dan:
Summoner Hat +30% more Explosive Drills
Surgical Gloves +50% more Explosive Drills
Slipper +50% more Drill Crates
Pick Durability +20%
Drill Power; Drills hit 11-12 times
Explosive Drill Power: Drills hit 10 times and Dynamite is 21-23

Ya, it's all about the drilling baby.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh good, that seemed to fly off the radar so completely I was worried it had been cancelled. Funnily enough I was just thinking about it last week.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Doflamingo posted:

Started playing FFVI on my iPhone and uploaded the save to the cloud after a few hours of playing but my iPad can't connect to the cloud and download the save for some reason. Anyone run into this issue?
On your ipad, go into settings -> icloud -> icloud drive and make sure the app has access.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Captain Cool posted:

On your ipad, go into settings -> icloud -> icloud drive and make sure the app has access.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't use iCloud. I think it uses Square Enix's own servers, though I could be wrong.
Just try opening/closing the app a few times or resaving to the cloud on your first device. Eventually it'll pop and show you the updated save on their server. Happened to me once, too.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible
My phone locked while entering a battle in CivCrafter, and my entire army of about 3000 disappeared. My lowest resource being metal, I figured it was going to take a long time to get back to where I'd been with my knights. I reported it to the dev, mostly hoping I'd somehow get the 100k metal back to put towards my wonder. I still haven't heard from them, but I am suddenly 1000 gold richer.

I'm not complaining, but I hope they fix that.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Super Bombs, Coal Frenzy, and Metal Frenzy has lead to some pretty hilarious chain reactions for me - I want to replace Coal Frenzy with Precious Frenzy to move the chains to later when there's more rock though.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

porktree posted:

I've beat Asgard with:

Demolition Dan:
Summoner Hat +30% more Explosive Drills
Surgical Gloves +50% more Explosive Drills
Slipper +50% more Drill Crates
Pick Durability +20%
Drill Power; Drills hit 11-12 times
Explosive Drill Power: Drills hit 10 times and Dynamite is 21-23

Ya, it's all about the drilling baby.

Do items with the same bonus stack like this?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

xiw posted:

Do items with the same bonus stack like this?

Items do, only card bonuses don't stack - says so in the in game help/manual at least.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Any idea when?

It looks kinda interesting. It's really going to depend on the controls with that many opponents to dodge.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
In Pocket Mine 2, does level alter the stats of crafted legendary gear?
As in, is it worth spending all of my cubes on legendary gear ASAP, or waiting until I am a higher level?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

In Pocket Mine 2, does level alter the stats of crafted legendary gear?
As in, is it worth spending all of my cubes on legendary gear ASAP, or waiting until I am a higher level?

Your level won't matter but legendary gear is not worth spending cubes on. Craft legendary cards, you will get gear over time from completing the artifact collections.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

IllegallySober posted:

It's probably been brought up here before but I just downloaded something tonight called "AdVenture Capitalist" and the thing has broken my brain. I'm literally staring at a screen watching numbers go up and it's like the dumbest thing ever but it scratches that part of my brain deep inside where I'm still an ape and like watching numbers get bigger and bigger and bigger.

So yeah. Take that for what you will. Now I'm going to go back to staring at numbers.

The thing I didn't understand is that for a game that's just a bunch of timers and numbers getting bigger, why does it eat up so much of my battery life?

Edit: Oh wait, I think I'm talking about Bitcoin Billionaire..

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
:orks101: Hearthstone is out on the US App Store for iPhone! :orks:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nybble posted:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id625257520?mt=8

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Nybble posted:

I HIT IT VERY HARD

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I don't think it needs to be said but Hearthstone is now available on iPhone.

e: it did not

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Nybble posted:

fffffffffffff I'm out of the house for a week and my RSA token is at home.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Orvin posted:

Any idea when?

It looks kinda interesting. It's really going to depend on the controls with that many opponents to dodge.
IIRC it's supposed to be coming out on PC first. Although to be fair, it was also supposed to come out in late 2013, so maybe it's now a cookie clicker clone or something. I dunno.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nybble posted:

I have to loving study, don't you do this poo poo to me.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have to loving study, don't you do this poo poo to me.

It runs PERFECTLY on the iPhone 6, and you get a free pack for playing just one game.

you have to only play just. one. game.

:v:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Nybble posted:

It runs PERFECTLY on the iPhone 6, and you get a free pack for playing just one game.

you have to only play just. one. game.

:v:

Shut the gently caress up.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'll have time to play Hearthstone once Tap Titans releases its jaws from my arm.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Do I need to do all of these missions before making an account? I clicked "I'm new" and it took me straight into a tutorial.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Nickoten posted:

Do I need to do all of these missions before making an account? I clicked "I'm new" and it took me straight into a tutorial.

Yes. If you haven't played HS before they're a good idea, but you can breeze through them and you have to do all of them.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Fine I guess I'll finally try Hearthstone.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hearthstone runs great on my iPhone 6. No lag whatsoever, and the scaling was done pretty well.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

There is appreciable lag on the iPhone 5, but nothing too terrible.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Yodzilla posted:

Fine I guess I'll finally try Hearthstone.

Might find yourself getting addicted pretty quickly. Actually took a fair bit of work to get off of the game and having an iPhone version might just ruin that.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Our new game Stick & Move is now live and free in the App Store! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-move-free/id980241226?mt=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6he6KluWbng

Supports all iOS devices. Enjoy!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Thanks. Your games have been good so far so I'll check that out.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Thanks! We're also offering an ad-free version for $1.99 that just went live too. We're experimenting with offering a free and paid versions because quite honestly absolutely nobody buys out of ads but there seems to be some clamoring for more games to ditch all IAP. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-move/id980240877

They share the same leaderboards and currently have the same content (once you watch an ad on the free one) but we might offer paid only modes or content in the future. Will have to see how the game is received I guess!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

RhoA posted:

Might find yourself getting addicted pretty quickly. Actually took a fair bit of work to get off of the game and having an iPhone version might just ruin that.

Realizing that the grind Blizzard expects you to put in to play for free is worse than a lot of appstore f2p games got me off of it really quick. I'm sitting on two dozen unopened packs and like 12000 dust and I have no inkling whatsoever to get back into it. That game is aggressively priced.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Yodzilla posted:

Our new game Stick & Move is now live and free in the App Store! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-move-free/id980241226?mt=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6he6KluWbng

Supports all iOS devices. Enjoy!

Really enjoying the game, great work! Love the music as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlurked
Jan 20, 2006

Set phasers to HURT!

Yodzilla posted:

The game looks fun! Too bad I'm terrible at anything requiring twitch reflexes. Or just reflexes :v:. I immediately had to load https://soundcloud.com/com-truise after watching the trailer so extra 10 points.

Bold move on offering a paid version. We are in a similar conundrum about what to do with iPad pricing this time around and we will probably price match it with the PC version. Same game, same price. Definitely launching in Steam has completely changed our perspective.