Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

KoB posted:

Les Trolls Terribles

TURN OFF THE GAME GRUB, FUCKASS.
I NEED NOOKCLIPPERS, 61!

Side note, I dunno if it was mentioned here, but regarding the retjohn... Do we ever see John create a potentially unstable loop that's hand waved as narrative? His power might be pure time travel. Has anyone time traveled since arriving in this new universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Plom Bar posted:

I believe Dirk has overtaken both Vriska and Aranea for the title of Inadvertent Fucker of the Most poo poo.

He helped Caliborn build his robotic leg, that effectively allowed him to engineer his escape from his room after killing Calliope's dream self. He created the Auto-Responder, then elected to combine its essence with Equius, and then trapped both of those souls in Lil Cal with Caliborn, giving Lord English his muscled physique and incalculable intelligence. Add this to the time he got all the Alpha Kids, including himself, killed or injured through his excessive micromanagement of their actions, and I think it's safe to say that his attempts at helping the team has ultimately caused more damage than both of the Serkets combined.
God god he IS Suzaku. :stare:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Classtoise posted:

I NEED NOOKCLIPPERS, 61!

Side note, I dunno if it was mentioned here, but regarding the retjohn... Do we ever see John create a potentially unstable loop that's hand waved as narrative? His power might be pure time travel. Has anyone time traveled since arriving in this new universe?

the time he interrupted dave and grimbark jade's conversation, which we see like, three times following john's personal chronology

first we had the conversation play out with no john and end with dave saving the mayor from being kicked into lava
then we had john appear and interrupt the conversation
then we had the version were john appears and then john appears and stops himself from interrupting the conversation

if you go back now to the original conversation between jade and dave you'll see john appear in the background and then another version of john appear to stop himself
in the original version of that page that went up, he wasn't there. I don't remember what it looked like between the time when john interrupted the conversation and he retconned himself into not interrupting

i guess you could argue that it's not an unstable loop in that john retconning himself there isn't necessarily dependent on him knowing he was retconning dave and jade's conversation and is just john being john

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Classtoise posted:

I NEED NOOKCLIPPERS, 61!

I had a whole effortpost about this that got overshadowed by the update, but I think Gamzee and LE are the only people who have time traveled since Cascade, apart from John's shenanigans.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Plom Bar posted:

I believe Dirk has overtaken both Vriska and Aranea for the title of Inadvertent Fucker of the Most poo poo.

He helped Caliborn build his robotic leg, that effectively allowed him to engineer his escape from his room after killing Calliope's dream self. He created the Auto-Responder, then elected to combine its essence with Equius, and then trapped both of those souls in Lil Cal with Caliborn, giving Lord English his muscled physique and incalculable intelligence. Add this to the time he got all the Alpha Kids, including himself, killed or injured through his excessive micromanagement of their actions, and I think it's safe to say that his attempts at helping the team has ultimately caused more damage than both of the Serkets combined.

You are absolutely right overall. However, when you say "got all the Alpha Kids killed or injured", are you referring to Dirk:Synchronize? That elaborate sequence was necessary to get all the Alpha Kids into the same timestream.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Grouchio posted:

God god he IS Suzaku. :stare:

And he sucks just as much as Suzaku does. If not more. At least Suzaku wasn't obsessed with lovely puppets filled with souls of the damned. Also was a lovely guardian to the Beta kids.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Spidertrolls are best trolls from plot perspective, Shoutynubs is best troll from a reading 20000 words of Pesterchum perspective.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

Spidertrolls are best trolls from plot perspective, Shoutynubs is best troll from a reading 20000 words of Pesterchum perspective.

And Horsetrolls are best trolls from a relevance perspective yes yes I understand now

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have a favor to ask. Do any of the icon experts around here feel like snipping the "yap yap yap" panel into an icon for me? I'm on a Chromebook and can't find any tools that handle animations appropriately.

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008286

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have a favor to ask. Do any of the icon experts around here feel like snipping the "yap yap yap" panel into an icon for me? I'm on a Chromebook and can't find any tools that handle animations appropriately.

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008286
I dunno about icons but here it is avatar-sized

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I dunno about icons but here it is avatar-sized.

Perfect; thank you so much. I tend to use "icon" and "avatar" interchangeably, demonstrating that my mind is stuck a decade or more back.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

That's a fine avatar.

Also just reread the entire muppet babies saw crossover fanfic and feel I am the better for it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I forgot how much I loved this

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Blackheart posted:

I forgot how much I loved this

Yeah, the mayor is pretty much the best.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

particularly rapid unintelligible patter

Jade and Dave, if you don't Basingstoke at once, I shall be seriously angry.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Arsenic Lupin posted:

You are absolutely right overall. However, when you say "got all the Alpha Kids killed or injured", are you referring to Dirk:Synchronize? That elaborate sequence was necessary to get all the Alpha Kids into the same timestream.

I'm referring to the cataclysm immediately preceding Dirk: Synchronize that made it necessary. You have to reach kind of far back in the story to see it, but all the others were in the precarious situations that killed them because of Dirk's machinations to control everyone's actions as the "unseen leader" behind Jane that he fancied himself being.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Plom Bar posted:

I'm referring to the cataclysm immediately preceding Dirk: Synchronize that made it necessary. You have to reach kind of far back in the story to see it, but all the others were in the precarious situations that killed them because of Dirk's machinations to control everyone's actions as the "unseen leader" behind Jane that he fancied himself being.

Wasn't a lot of that actually AR's doing, and Dirk was unaware of it? I'm sure I remember that being a thing.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Actias posted:

Jade and Dave, if you don't Basingstoke at once, I shall be seriously angry.

:f5h::love:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

This is going to bug me, so what does Basingstoke mean when used as a verb?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

The tagline under my avatar is the chorus of a song from the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta "Ruddigore". In that operetta, two characters, Mad Margaret and Sir Roderick Despard Murgatroyd, agree that whenever Sir Despard says "Basingstoke", it is a signal for Mad Margaret to calm her tits. (Not in that precise language.)

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 23, 2015

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

AriadneThread posted:

if you go back now to the original conversation between jade and dave you'll see john appear in the background and then another version of john appear to stop himself
in the original version of that page that went up, he wasn't there. I don't remember what it looked like between the time when john interrupted the conversation and he retconned himself into not interrupting

i guess you could argue that it's not an unstable loop in that john retconning himself there isn't necessarily dependent on him knowing he was retconning dave and jade's conversation and is just john being john

The update with John interrupting Dave and Jade's chat went up at the same time as John interrupting John interrupting Dave and Jade's chat.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lord Justice posted:

Lil Cal's Worldline:

Technically created in the Scratch, as he was "duplicated" when the meteor containing Dirk was sent to the B1 and B2 universes. Dirk then held onto him for 16 years in the B2 universe, and lost him in the ocean. Cal was there for millenia until he was retrieved at some point, and ended up with Caliborn. Caliborn then has it in the battle where LE is created. Cal is filled with the LE soul, and moved into the Outer Ring by Roxy. At some point later, he is moved by Gamzee's Chucklevoodoos into Dave's dream room. He falls out of the window onto AR, and is moved to the meteor where John is conducting his ectobiology. He's placed with Dirk, and split at this point. In the B1 universe, Cal was held onto by Bro for 30 some years, and was eventually damaged in the sword fight with Dave and Bro on the roof. Bro repaired him, and used him in the fight with Bec Noir, where Bro was killed and Noir took Cal as a trophy. Jack then carried Cal to the A2 universe, and threw Cal onto an Aradiabot, who traveled back in time and crash landed on Alternia, heavily damaging Cal. Aradia gave Cal to Kanaya, who repaired him. He was then used in the creation of Doc Scratch, and ended up with Gamzee. Gamzee then carried Cal into the Alpha kids session, where he was given to the Jack Noir of that session. Caliborn then posseses Jack through Cal, causing Jack to remove Cal's eyes and become Jack English. This is pretty much the end of Cal, as it is presumed it was destroyed when Jack broke out of his cell. Only his eyes remain, which are on Jack English.

thanks for summarizing because i forgot most of this.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
well who would have guessed the addition of vriska would make events actually go smoother

also the bit where vriska and terezi are laughing at dave, karkat and the mayor looks like the halfway panel in one of the furry transformation comics that gets posted in the weird fanart thread every so often

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 23, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Best part of all of this is no horrible awful Terezi/Gamzee thing.

Hooray! Vriska is the best!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Vriska is now responsible for the creation of lord english.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Well then! Looks like the ghost Vriska we've been following still exists! I guess that timeline still exists, but just is no longer the canon one, maybe?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
my big takeaway is that jane needs to work out

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
hussie needed to get a bunch of different artists to help in that flash because hes physically unable to draw people being happy and living worthwhile lives

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Man, this whole thing is so sugary it's almost irritating.

Action Shakespeare posted:

hussie needed to get a bunch of different artists to help in that flash because hes physically unable to draw people being happy and living worthwhile lives

This has to be it, because this:

Is the artstyle of someone I've seen on tumblr, I am sure of it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Action Shakespeare posted:

happiness and fulfillment are boring and unrealistic

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Good news: Vriska being back made everything better! Yaaaaaay!

Bad news: Lord English is still already here, and in fact you kinda helped create him!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

This has to be it, because this:

Is the artstyle of someone I've seen on tumblr, I am sure of it.
Ikimaru.

I am now wondering whether Dave/Karkat is about to be an official canon thing, or whether it's just "best friends forever".

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The latest news update actually has all of the art credits right in there! (They're also on the credits page, of course.)

And, in case you were wondering, https://instagram.com/thevriskaserket/

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hey, they finally used that song.

Dollars to donuts this is meant to be a contrast to how lovely a time Jade had being alone except for chess people and reptiles.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Well then! Looks like the ghost Vriska we've been following still exists! I guess that timeline still exists, but just is no longer the canon one, maybe?

seems to confirm that retjohnned deaths still happened in the same way that scratched dead people are still around as ghosts. So in theory there's a ghost of everyone that died in game over loving around the dream bubbles.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The most important foreshadowing Followed through with:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pro: Rose may not have become a lush.

Con: She may have not hooked up with Kanaya.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Color Printer posted:

Good news: Vriska being back made everything better! Yaaaaaay!

Bad news: Lord English is still already here, and in fact you kinda helped create him!

Maybe it had to be done, for one reason or another? I didn't see John in any of those scenes so maybe they still believe that certain events must happen to keep their timeline as the alpha timeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

So Gamzee never prototyped any of the Alpha kids' sprites. (See: Vriska showing up with Tavros' head to avert Dirk's using AR). Wonder who else the sprites will be. Man, I have a big dumb grin on my face. Seeing the meteor as happytown is such fun.

e:
Gamzee bitching to Kurloz and Meulin about Vriska

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 23, 2015