Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally finished AAI2-4, and it's been thoroughly enjoyable watching Sebastian get owned by a whip and then by being repeatedly called a dumbshit by his dad.

That said, it feels that it ended prematurely (and indeed De Killer's call strongly implies case 5 will cover some of the rest), but even then it feels like Blaise was found guilty on basically hearsay. "This doll's non-timestamped recording mentions a tattoo... and you have tattoo! QED" It just felt far less robust than previous cases, even if all AAI cases have basically been Edgeworth going "it is YOU who is the fucker in this scenario" and them being dragged off in chains.

On the plus side it's nice to see Courtney finally doing the entirely predictable volte-face (hello DS lower screen silhouettes), so now I'm assuming Sebastian gets his redemption arc in case 5? Either way :rip: schlubby Zheng Fa president, we hardly knew ye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

Finally finished AAI2-4, and it's been thoroughly enjoyable watching Sebastian get owned by a whip and then by being repeatedly called a dumbshit by his dad.

That said, it feels that it ended prematurely (and indeed De Killer's call strongly implies case 5 will cover some of the rest), but even then it feels like Blaise was found guilty on basically hearsay. "This doll's non-timestamped recording mentions a tattoo... and you have tattoo! QED" It just felt far less robust than previous cases, even if all AAI cases have basically been Edgeworth going "it is YOU who is the fucker in this scenario" and them being dragged off in chains.

On the plus side it's nice to see Courtney finally doing the entirely predictable volte-face (hello DS lower screen silhouettes), so now I'm assuming Sebastian gets his redemption arc in case 5? Either way :rip: schlubby Zheng Fa president, we hardly knew ye.

ED: dumb spoiler from another case aaagh

Merilan fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 9, 2019

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

You just posted spoilers about the case they (presumably) haven't played yet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was wondering about that...

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Wait, crap, did I? I thought that was all case 4 from what you're saying, god my memory sucks. I am really really sorry. :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TGS starts in three days

It has been nearly a year since the "unmissable" panel

Capcom

You can make things right

You know what to do

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

TGS starts in three days

Capcom

You know what to do

Athena Cykes, Ace Attorney.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

TGS starts in three days

Capcom

You know what to do

Phoenix Wright, Coming to Smash!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

chumbler posted:

Athena Cykes, Ace Attorney.

:pray:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

TGS starts in three days

Capcom

You know what to do

Another live action movie

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Ace Attorney trilogy coming to your TI series graphing calculator.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/1167004384594513920

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

THEY CAN STILL ANNOUNCE IT

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
It's okay. Six games plus a boatload of spin-offs is a good haul for a niche series. And there's always the chance they might reboot it or do a sequel in 10 years or so.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I've been replaying the early games as well (I only played them for the first time recently but I've developed a slight obsession I guess). Redoing Turnabout Big Top isn't so bad when you've already done it once, although I still think my favourite bit is when Ben and Trilo are doing their bit at the witness stand and are interrupted by Franziska's whip with him yelling "PAIN" and then later "MORE PAIN." Something about the visual presentation makes it way funnier than something so basic should be.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

It's okay. Six games plus a boatload of spin-offs is a good haul for a niche series. And there's always the chance they might reboot it or do a sequel in 10 years or so.

Gritty reboot where Phoenix (scar over one eye) goes for his first day on the job with morning stubble and a hangover, having to physically shoot down people trying to make points before they can attach handcuffs to his old friend, Laurence "Blood Wolf" Butz.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

There’s also a preponderance of dead hooker jokes.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
A reboot set in America except the US localization has to change every single American flag, hamburger and American monument with a German equivalent.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

A reboot set in America except the US localization has to change every single American flag, hamburger and American monument with a German equivalent.

Fenix Recht standing in front of a swastika flag, preparing to defend Goebbels.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No no the game is set in America but it takes place in Amerikansai and they desparately try to make it more japanese.

Eat your onigiri, apollo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eat your bratwurst, Apollo.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Every instance of "café" is changed to "bar" and Godot get drunker with every case

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

Every instance of "café" is changed to "bar" and Godot get drunker with every case

Not gonna lie, this would unironically make his character so much better.

Most you need to change from the original series is during (AA3 finale spoilers) blood tears at the very end it zooms out to show he pissed himself too.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

OBJECTION! ...You fuckin... gently caress you, Wright. Trite. gently caress you, Tripe. Fuckin... Kitten! She's DEAD!

Wait, you think I killed your cat? Is that what this is about?

gently caress YOU!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well now I'm reading that as Rick and I wish I wasn't.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'M LEGAL RIIIIIICK

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
phoenix wright but it's the same except everyone is bald

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Regalingualius posted:

There’s also a preponderance of dead hooker jokes.
Prostitute vs. Hooker is the new stepladder joke.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ace Attorney 7 by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio and it's just Judgment but with court

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Waffleman_ posted:

Ace Attorney 7 by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio and it's just Judgment but with court

No joke, playing Judgment made me realize I still haven't played an AA game yet.

A couple of months later, I just finished Apollo Justice and I'm about to start AAI now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kamurocho, one of the most happening districts of LA.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Phoenix once defended Majima in court according to Project X Zone 2.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Objection!

Kiryu has never killed anyone.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Dr Pepper posted:

Phoenix once defended Majima in court according to Project X Zone 2.

To get super nerdy about it my sister and I determined this happened between cases 1-3 and 1-4 of since Yakuza 6 takes place around Christmas 2016.

I’m putting all my hopes in the lack of Ace Attorney game news is because it’s taking longer to produce a new game given the level of animation possible after DGS 1 and 2.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

If they hadn't already said the next entry is in the works, and released the trilogy on everything recently, I could be convinced the series was on an indefinitely long hiatus right now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The series lost its badge after being set-up. It will return after seven years with a new, polarising protagonist.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would also imagine it might be taking a while because the series is going to be multiplatform now, which would be part of why they did the Trilogy release.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Also it’s the first time they are developing for HD on large screens to begin with, instead of HD on small screens (phone) or remasters.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
So Athena trilogy with Franziska and Gumshoe when

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

New ace attorney investigations with Franziska when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tesseraction posted:

The series lost its badge after being set-up. It will return after seven years with a new, polarising protagonist.

Apollo begins collecting orphans for his law agency, continuing the circle.