Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is it really a surprise, though?

It was doomed from the start, he loves space and history but hates sand.

Help my [33W] am pregnant with twins and my husband [27m] has gotten insanely jealous and is setting down absolutes about what male friends I can spend time with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Danaru posted:

Dont date sectoids you Advent sympathizer

Snakewoman, imo.

E: on further review, the eating sand implies Chryssalid.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Barudak posted:

Help my [33W] am pregnant with twins and my husband [27m] has gotten insanely jealous and is setting down absolutes about what male friends I can spend time with.

I murdered a bunch of children and then my wife and I also pledged my lifelong allegiance to a fascist dictator, AITA?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

:unsmith:

AITA for helping my daughter hide her secret from our family?

quote:

I'm from Iraq, and ever since the war ended I only ever wanted just a normal life. I was young and being a soldier under the regime really made me realize how lucky I was to even make it out and life the way I do now. I know american soldiers can get ptsd, but fighting agaisnt the technologically advanced force on earth gave me super mega ptsd. War isn't especially fun from the losing side, everything feels like it's falling apart and no one has your back, in the end I made it out alive but the scars stay for ever.

After the war I moved with my wife, settled down and had our daughter. At that time during the war and in my youth I was brainwashed into many things, and the fanatacsism I once had was not there anymore. I just wanted to work, love my wife and take care of my daughter. I no longer care who people sleep with or who is their partner. I went through something I don't want other people to experience so why would I do the same to others who have another set of experience.

My wife and her family sadly, still are homophobic, it's not something that we talk about but I know that if my daughter were to come out to them then she would suffer and run away from us. My daughter did come out to me, but I told her she should not tell her mom or family because they would treat her bad and it would cause a break up.

just like in Iraq I didn't want my girl to be attacked from all sides, overwhelmed by family hatred and invalidity, no support. My daughter loves her mom, yet I know her mom won't love her if she knows.

My daughter is now grown, she is now going to study and has a job. on her birthday I gave her a bit of more cash to she can move, this started a big fight with me and my wife because she thinks my daughter studying is a waste of time and money.

During this, I told my wife what is what, I told her that our daughter is who she is and that it is time for her to find her path. We got into a big fight and ultimately now we are getting divorced. I knew this would happen and that now there might no longer be no family gatherings. I just wanted my daughter to have a family.

edit: I didn't out my daughter against her wishes, she told me to tell her mom. My daughter really loves her mom and she is terrified of being disowned or hearing bad words from her mom. My wife during our fight called her (without her being there) many bad words towards lesbians to my daughter so trust me my daughter knew that would happen, she just didn't to hear it.

quote:

I met her girl friend in her graduation and it was great, It was sad that we had to secretly do it without letting other members of our family know, it was just us three and my daughter says ''hey dad before mom comes, she is my gf'' and we talked for a minute. I was so happy for her to have someone.

All my life has been around war, my father was a veteran and fought against Iran, and ever since I was a kid it was all about following codes and strict discipline. they tell you who you can love, who you can't and for once in my life I was happy that someone especially my daughter can live how she wants, love who she wants and even work what she wants which is big, I never seen a woman work what she wants at least in my family.

they missed out on a girl who achieved many firsts in our family just because she is a lesbian and that breaks my heart a lil bit. My daughter she was 17 said she wanted to join the marines (US), and even I still love her if she does lol we do joke about it and you are right she is my family and it's all I need.

I moved from Iraq so she could be herself and it's sad that my family never understood that. I told my wife ''back when we were young i seen kids get killed for being gay, that could have been your daughter had we stayed'' and all she said is ''good''.

after that I knew it was over, I deal with my own demons and im tired. I want to play video games anyway

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I murdered a bunch of children and then my wife and I also pledged my lifelong allegiance to a fascist dictator, AITA?

I missed the quoted post and for a hot second thought this was a joke about Today's Political Climate.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

DorkusMalorkus posted:

My (46M) son and daughter (19M/19F) don't know they're siblings. Son came into my home and took daughter away to help my former teacher (60M), a terrorist extremist. AITA for being mad and not clearing things up?

Hi Reddit, I know it sounds weird but hear me out...

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Straight White Shark posted:

AITA? I imprisoned my lover in hell for eternity because she left me by suicide. The gods had destroyed everything she knew and loved to punish her for allowing me to have her but I don't think that's my fault.

wasnt that his son? or am i miss remembering sandman

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

snergle posted:

wasnt that his son? or am i miss remembering sandman

Post is about his ex-girlfriend Nada, his son Orpheus he killed (at Orpheus's own request, it's complicated)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for calling my brother an “insecure, testicle grabbing, chauvinist man-baby” over his comments about my wife’s makeup?

quote:

That’s the actual quote. I’m still pissed as hell but maybe I went too far here.

My brother and I are both late 30s. We get along fine most of the time, but my brother doesn’t do well in a lot of social situations. He says things that are inappropriate, gets overly opinionated, yells a lot etc. He just doesn’t seem to understand tact or when to let things go in a casual conversation.

Our wives are best friends. They talk almost everyday on FaceTime.

My wife is an ex model/actress (local) and very good with makeup. She’s in her mid 30’s, we have 3 kids and she doesn’t wear much makeup anymore - but she got some as a gift for Christmas and decided she wanted to get more. Apparently she’s been buying cheap stuff and she wanted to splurge on some good poo poo.

Anyway, she’s been testing it all out over the last month, buying more here and there and doing these crazy eyeshadow things - honestly I don’t know what I’m talking about. She looks great all the time. She’s gorgeous without makeup. She’s really talented with it though and she’s having a lot of fun. I tease her a little since she works from home and she’s wearing pajamas but her makeup looks like she’s at a nightclub. I think it’s cute and funny.

My brother thinks she’s doing it because she’s cheating or she wants to cheat. He called me this morning to say he’s concerned because he’s seen her on FaceTime and he’s decided she must be posting pictures or sending pics to some dude or multiple dudes. I tried to blow it off and explain that it wasn’t that way, but he got more aggressive about it so I ended up yelling at him and shouting the insecure testicle man baby thing.

He’s being ridiculous and needs to mind his own business. But I think I might be the rear end in a top hat for blowing up and name calling when he’s probably well intentioned.

I want to add too (my mom and brother both asked, maybe other people will): No, I haven’t asked my wife why she’s recently starting wearing more makeup and I’m not going to because I think asking is loving rude.

She’s spending her money on stuff for her face and it’s a creative hobby. I’m not going to be the dick that ruins someone’s creative outlet by asking them to justify it or by insinuating there’s a sinister motive behind it. It makes her happy so I assume that’s why she’s doing it. Asking why is dumb and insulting in my opinion.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA for being unsupportive of my "alien" girlfriend?

having pica makes you an alien? oh poo poo my dog loves eatting sand ants and wood. am i in the movie the thing!?

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling my brother an “insecure, testicle grabbing, chauvinist man-baby” over his comments about my wife’s makeup?

Nice to see an example of a poster who isn't annoyed with or embarrassed by their partner's style.

It's a little creepy that this guy's brother would see his sister-in-law over video chat and decide that she looked too good to be faithful though. I want to ask how someone reaches their late 30s without learning that fashion and makeup are actual hobbies that some folks enjoy, but I guess I already know the answer to that one...

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Curious what other people's opinion on this might be, but I've always felt that if someone starts insisting your significant other must be cheating on you, and their evidence isn't something that at least involves socializing with another person, then it's in your own best interest to stomp that down hard. Someone just starts trying to poison your marriage for no goddam reason deserves to get torn a new one over it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I get that he's emphasising that he hasn't asked her why she's switched to wearing more makeup because he doesn't believe she has some kind of ulterior motive but tbh it would be fine and probably pretty cool to ask why just bc it's nice to take an interest in your partner's interests and find out more about why they're a source of enjoyment.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for leaving my daughter behind on a trip that she paid for

:stonk:

New Super Metis posted:

:unsmith:

AITA for helping my daughter hide her secret from our family?

I hope this one's real. the guy is banged up and definitely needs therapy but he's doing his best to be loving and his daughter loves him for it :unsmith:

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 19, 2021

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

snergle posted:

having pica makes you an alien? oh poo poo my dog loves eatting sand ants and wood. am i in the movie the thing!?

pretty sure you're actually in the movie "they live"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Dear Care and Feeding,

I was in my third trimester during quarantine in the middle of a typically hot Florida summer. My two boys have developed a habit (which I’m guilty of starting), and I’m not sure how to break it. Our backyard is bordered by tall natural foliage, and as far as I know, neighbors can’t spy on us. So all summer on our property, my 3- and 4-year old sons and I morphed into wild critters in the backyard while my husband was gone long hours as an essential worker. The bathroom inside is on the opposite side of the house and quite far from the backyard. I was often too tired and hot to waddle all the way there, so instead I’d just pee in the backyard. Of course Thing 1 and Thing 2 followed suit, and at the time I didn’t really care, even though the younger also pooped in the yard a couple times. (I did properly dispose of it.) The problem now is that five months later they are still hellbent on peeing outdoors whenever the opportunity strikes. In some situations this was unavoidable, like parks in our neighborhood that opened post-quarantine yet still took three months to also open their public bathrooms. (I allowed them to pee discreetly in the shrubbery.) They have no problem using the toilet inside the house and inside public places. But if we are out on a walk or at the park or in a friend’s backyard, one of them will inevitably say “pee in grass!” And if I try to run them off to the nearest bathroom, a big tantrum will ensue, twice resulting in pee-soaked shorts. During one park visit, my younger one walked off the playground and squatted down to poop, and I just managed to scoop him up and run all three of the kids to the park bathroom, but it was so stressful I was on the verge of a meltdown. I know it’s a problem, but with a newborn I haven’t had the energy to tackle these tantrums and break the habit. This month they will start back at day care (yay!), but I’m terrified I’ll get a call about one or both of them using the playground as a toilet and terrifying other kids with their nudity. I’m tired, overwhelmed, and don’t know what to do.

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

ilmucche posted:

I hope this one's real. the guy is banged up and definitely needs therapy but he's doing his best to be loving and his daughter loves him for it :unsmith:

I just want to give him a big hug. He's even got a sense of humour about his daughter talking about joining the US Marines. He's trying so hard with very few resources.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

there wolf posted:

Curious what other people's opinion on this might be, but I've always felt that if someone starts insisting your significant other must be cheating on you, and their evidence isn't something that at least involves socializing with another person, then it's in your own best interest to stomp that down hard. Someone just starts trying to poison your marriage for no goddam reason deserves to get torn a new one over it.

Agreed, and I also got the impression when someone makes toxic accusations out of the blue like that it’s often a projection of some kind by the accuser. Either gross brother is the one considering cheating, or he’s jealous of his wife’s close friendship with his SiL and trying to poison that.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for taking away my step daughters college fund?

quote:

I married my wife Lyn eight years. We both came with a child of our own and each other’s partner was active in their lives and good parents. My son, Adam, is with us 50% of the time while her daughter, Pam, is with us 60% of the time.

Our children respect one another’s spouses and get along however my son does tend to have it a bit easier because his mother earns as much as me so we are able to provide more for him. I don’t leave Pam wanting or needing however there is a difference in things.

One of the differences is cars. My son drives a nicer vehicle then Pam because my ex and I split the cost. My wife did not help with that, and I did not help her and her husband with her current car.

Last weekend was Pam’s 18 birthday and she wanted to go out with her friends (Covid is not an issue here) but wasn’t able to line it all up correctly due to vehicle space, and asked Adam if she could use his car to solve the issue and so she could “travel in style.”

My son said no and that was that until it wasn’t. She took his car (stole in his and my opinion) and refused to come back. My son sent her and my wife a text for proof “come back in 1/2 an hour or I call the cops... no joke and no negotiation.” My wife wasn’t happy with her daughter or my son.

About 20 minutes later we get a call that she’s been in an accident. She’s fine but the car is done. Pam blamed Adam because of his threat she rushed home. He laughed and told her the threat was because of her grand theft auto.

My ex called the next day and laid it out flat. She’s pressing charges unless my wife (and thus me) fix it. I agree with her. It’s Pam’s fault, and she needs to fix it.

My wife is freaking out because Pam is 18, and frankly I get it. Her life would take a huge blow at the age of 18 with a felony on her record. I told my wife I wasn’t paying for it. Not happening. I already paid for it as far as I’m concerned.

The only alternative is Pam’s college savings, after you factor in the loss, clean up fees, and cost of a new car there might be 5% left.

Pam, my wife, and her ex husband are upset to say the least. They think she’s losing her future because of one mistake, and that she should not have to pay to replace a brand new car, and that Adam can fake with a nice used car. I think their thought process is a joke and they need to pay up.

Adam had given them will this weekend to transfer the money or he’s calling the cops and I know his mom will sue for the money so they’re just making it harder on themselves. They think I’m the AH for not solving the issue by not paying for it myself and calming my son down..

Edit*

Well as of 9:00 A.M. my ex is filing a police report, contacting the insurance company, and filing paper work to move forward with a suit.

The owner of the building she hit is pressing charges and pursing legal action from what my ex told me.

I think Pam really messed up and this is something she’s going to regret at 40 years old.
Consequences??? Consequences as a direct result of actions??? Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Consequences??? Consequences as a direct result of actions??? Don't you think that's a bit harsh?
It's strange, but something about the vagueness of everything makes me think the OP and ex are being assholes here. Like, I'm not sure why they can't just file the insurance claim as if they lent the car and have Pam pay the extra premiums and any associated costs. Pam is still an entitled rear end in a top hat, but it feels like they're contriving to make the consequences extra harsh and punitive on purpose.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It's strange, but something about the vagueness of everything makes me think the OP and ex are being assholes here. Like, I'm not sure why they can't just file the insurance claim as if they lent the car and have Pam pay the extra premiums and any associated costs. Pam is still an entitled rear end in a top hat, but it feels like they're contriving to make the consequences extra harsh and punitive on purpose.

They didn't lend her the car though, she stole it from her stepbrother.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

:thunk:

why the gently caress would they go out on a limb for someone who first stole their car, then tried to shirk responsibility of stealing the car, and then showed zero remorse?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

No way would I trust someone that would jack my car to cover the extra premiums for however many years it takes. Nor would I commit insurance fraud for them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What is vague about stealing and totalling a car

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
either way, that marriage is finito

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Can someone with experience with insurance chime in? My understanding is that it should be:

1) She wrecked the car, no police report. Her insurance as driver covers it. Therefore her premiums go up.
2) She wrecked the car, police report that she stole it. Her insurance isn't going to cover theft during a felony. She's out all the money.

Why wouldn't she just report it as an accident while driving?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Hughlander posted:

Can someone with experience with insurance chime in? My understanding is that it should be:

1) She wrecked the car, no police report. Her insurance as driver covers it. Therefore her premiums go up.
2) She wrecked the car, police report that she stole it. Her insurance isn't going to cover theft during a felony. She's out all the money.

Why wouldn't she just report it as an accident while driving?

Why would her insurance cover a car not on its policy?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

OP keeps changing what country they're in in the comments but depending on where you are I'm p sure insurance will only cover agreed-upon combinations of driver and vehicle, you can't just steal whatever shitbox with no brakes and send it off an overpass without adding it to the policy first and expect them to make it whole

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Because it's very unlikely Pam is insured for the car. So they can say 'yeah we lent the car to an uninsured driver' and get hosed by the police and the insurance company. Or say she stole the car, which she did, and maybe the insurance will pay out.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Not only that, but in some countries driving without at least third party insurance is illegal.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sisal Two-Step posted:

The amount of people in that thread who are 100% clueless on how insurance works is just amazing.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Since I went through the comments to find this I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: the daughter was not insured to drive this vehicle. This is a thing in some states. It's also a thing in most of those states that her insurance would become the primary in this case. We can forget the "taking without permission" part and just say "great, we'll make a claim with her insurance and they'll replace the car." And they will. Then they'll sue Pam/the policyholder for their costs.

Pick a different jurisdiction/scenario and, without a lot of lying and maybe even not then, there is no reality in which an insurance company is going to take the hit for this. It will be subrogated. Somebody's suing somebody else involved.

Also, she ran into a building. Even if she was insured on the car do you know what that's gonna do to the father/kids insurance costs with that kinds of loss claim?

Motronic fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 19, 2021

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Alcohol involved maybe?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I swear this is nowhere near the first story of a spoiled kid turning 18, stealing their sibling's car and immediately totalling it and going 'Whoops, oh well.'

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
My(21F) boyfriend's mother(52F) has been sabotaging our relationship... She just revealed that it was because she though I would make a better match with her older son, my boyfriend's(23M) brother(25M)

quote:

I know, I know the title's a bit confusing and wtf-ish, but English isn't my first language so read on:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 2 years. About a year and a half into the relationship, I was introduced to his family. I met his mother, father and older brother. His older brother and I were very alike, we both studied in the same field, so we became really good friends. His father seemed approving of us, but his mother was a complete psycho from day one.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt, assuming she was protective of her younger son, but it was pretty sinister. She would find ways to subtly make me look bad, emphasize my every flaw and she was the cause of many arguments, which she probably intentionally did. She would tell my boyfriend rumors and untrue things about me and I had enough. My boyfriend told her to stop multiple times, but most of it was when he was away so I had to deal with it.

After a small text-message argument, I decided to call her and end this game of cat-and-mouse once and for all. I told her to tell me what she had in her mind right now, or to leave me alone forever. She told me that she wanted me to not be with her younger son, and that she wanted me to be with her older son (my boyfriend's brother) because we were "a superior match".

She started talking about her son, my boyfriend's brother, trying to be a match maker.... What? I'm literally her son's girlfriend and she's trying to make me break up with her son TO DATE HER OTHER SON. Not only can't I comprehend her logic, but I can't think of what to do.

Should I tell my boyfriend his mother's crazy agenda? I feel like that would be very hurtful, but would it be more hurtful if I just never told him? What should I do?

Please give me some advice regarding this situation. Thank you.

quote:

Update: Wow, thanks for all the advice. I checked and it was locked so I had to post an update separately

My boyfriend and I had a discussion (I told him what she said). He believed me because he said that growing up, his brother was the family favorite so while he was disappointed he wasn't too surprised. Apparently his mother has betrayed him for his brother many times before, which is horrifying and sad. He called his mother, who at first denied everything but then told the truth, and we are not going to see them for a long time, maybe forever. It was a BIG phone call and she really showed her true colors there (she is completely insane). He said that this was the last straw and that his brother and mother was too toxic for him, and me.

We changed the locks and cut all contacts from his side of the family, but he kept his father's contact and his father is pretty much our inside man. His father told us that apparently his older brother took an interest in me and his mother wanted her "little boy to have everything", which is insulting to my boyfriend because his mother literally chose someone over him and to me because I'm just a "Thing" he wants. Either way, more evidence to why cutting contact is beneficial for all.

Thank you for all of your advice, my boyfriend read everything here too and he upvoted all of you guys for some karma points for everyone. Thanks again

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Motronic posted:

Also, she ran into a building. Even if she was insured on the car do you know what that's gonna do to the father/kids insurance costs with that kinds of loss claim?

:hmbol: No loving way, I assumed she hit another car since she blamed trying to rush home for it

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Danaru posted:

:hmbol: No loving way, I assumed she hit another car since she blamed trying to rush home for it

she rushed into a home :shrug:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Why would her insurance cover a car not on its policy?

My insurance covers me no matter what I drive. Check your policy.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

OP keeps changing what country they're in in the comments

In the realm of reasonable for anonymity? The handful of countries where you could truly just do whatever without any COVID measures is what, NZ?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I think it's an rear end in a top hat move to buy your kid a flash car as it has a 100% percent chance to turn them into an rear end in a top hat. Get in your second hand Ford Fiesta and be happy. :colbert:

Step-daughter wouldn't have learned anything at college anyway, so the money is better spent teaching her a lesson in responsibility. If she actually learns it, she can go to community college and learn a decent trade. Buy her own Ford Fiesta that way.

Ford Fiestas for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I swear this is nowhere near the first story of a spoiled kid turning 18, stealing their sibling's car and immediately totalling it and going 'Whoops, oh well.'

This one?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for pressing charges?

My cousin turned 18 recently. She’s in high school.

She doesn’t have a car, and during her birthday weekend, thought her parents were going to buy her one. They didn’t get her one and she was pretty upset. I should note that I’m not very close with my cousin. Or the rest of my extended family for that matter. I only heard about this through the grapevine from my dad. Anyway

My cousin texts me on the Friday before her birthday asking if she can take my car (I just leased a new Ford escape) to the mall and then for an out of town road trip with her friends over the weekend. I tell her no.

She begs and pleads with me. I tell her no again. My car is for me to drive and for me only. If she wants her own car she can save up and buy one. She calls me a bitch and says that I ruined her birthday and that she’s embarrassed because her friends think she got a car for her birthday and she doesn’t have one. I don’t respond to her and think nothing of it.

The weekend comes and I sleep in very late on that Saturday, waking up at 1:00 pm (don’t judge lol). Even though my car is parked in my driveway and my gate is closed, I come to realize that someone egged and TP’d my car. With many, many eggs and 5-6 rolls of TP. And since the weather was warm outside, the raw egg baked into my car, along with the dried up toilet paper, destroying the paint.

Since I have security cameras around my house, I decide to go back and watch. At around nine thirtyish that morning, I see my cousin and a bunch of her stupid friends vandalizing my car. I’m surprise she didn’t smash the windows and poke holes in the tires too.

To save my post from the 3000 character limit, I obviously pressed charges and my cousin is in legal trouble. Her and her parents are pissed off at me for pressing charges, her parents telling me that she’s “just a kid” and that she’s been through a lot of ‘emotional stress’ doing virtual schooling for this past year and that I should take that into consideration, and that I should be ashamed of myself for pressing legal charges against my baby cousin, that I’m almost 30 and dont I remember what I was like at that age? (I do remember, and I wasn’t stupid enough to egg anyone’s car) and can’t she work something out with me like doing chores around my house for money if I drop the charges... that she’s young, that she doesn’t need a felony on her record, etc. and that it was just a prank. Right after I press charges, my cousin was calling and texting me over and over saying that this could’ve been avoided had I let her take my car.

Am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation?

I need to add that my cousin already has a felony on her record, a DUI. She’s not remorseful of anything.

Also, my aunt and uncle will not pay me for the damages. They just want me to drop the charges and pay for everything myself like nothing happened. They are cheap.