Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Designer notes for Y3S2 balance changes:

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-330860-16/

IQ confirmed losing her frags. gently caress I knew they were going to do it. She's "too good" and getting picked even with Valkyrie and Echo are banned so gotta make her weaker!
Castle getting a "big time rework" in the distant future
Dokki losing claymore

bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Designer notes for Y3S2 balance changes:

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-330860-16/

IQ confirmed losing her frags. gently caress I knew they were going to do it. She's "too good" and getting picked even with Valkyrie and Echo are banned so gotta make her weaker!
Castle getting a "big time rework" in the distant future
Dokki losing claymore

bummer

Look at that pickrate/win delta. Confirmed sledge :perfect:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I can't believe the changes made to Jackal have actually bumped him up from being the worst attacker.

lol at simultaneously identifying IQ as "a 3 Speed Operator with a very strong rifle" but refusing to do anything about that to instead tinker with her gadgets a bit

Wooper fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 18, 2018

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

quote:

BLACKBEARD
Increase MK17 damage from 42 to 49
Reduce SR-25 damage from 72 to 61
Reduce the hit points on the Rifle Shield from 60 to 50
30% reduction in movement speed penalty when the Rifle Shield is equipped (He will move faster)
Blackbeard is in a good place in terms of power, so we do not want to make him stronger. We want to make him a bit more appealing and comfortable though, so these changes are aimed towards that. We also have seen that the SR-25 is favored, and want to make the choice between the SR-25 and MK17 a bit more difficult.
And by a bit more difficult they mean pick the MK17 100% of the time...

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

tjones posted:

I'm ADHD and slam pick Ash rush every round. I need something to do for the remaining 2:45 of the round while my team mates hold weird angles on the opposite side of the map until the last fifteen seconds.

You could always

Touch
Your
Genitals

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Wooper posted:

I can't believe the changes made to Jackal have actually bumped him up from being the worst attacker.

lol at simultaneously identifying IQ as "a 3 Speed Operator with a very strong rifle" but refusing to do anything about that to instead tinker with her gadgets a bit

She has two really strong rifles, both the Aug and the Commando absolutely rule

tjones
May 13, 2005

Penpal posted:

You could always

Touch
Your
Genitals

I would hate to ruin my RGB backlit custom mechanical cherry pro mx super gp switch macro key pro gaming elite (tm) keyboard.

I don't understand taking the frags away from IQ. If you're heading in that direction you might as well remove Pulse's C4 too. I think the Dok and barb changes are good.

Maestro is absolutely overpowered in bomb at the moment. Ubisoft is smoking crack.

I'll say it again, make Castle's barricades completely seal off the doorway.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sledge should be able to burst through walls right when he sledges them like the Kool-Aid Man.
Let him brace his sledgehammer like a lance and just run around through walls.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

tjones posted:

I don't understand taking the frags away from IQ. If you're heading in that direction you might as well remove Pulse's C4 too. I think the Dok and barb changes are good.

It's 100% Pro League motivated, she's picked a ton.

There's so much they could do. They could make Mute jammers actually jam her device. They could make it run on battery and have it recharge. They could make it harder to see the "real" world through the screen so she was more vulnerable. Instead they did it the laziest way possible.

The best part is they've announced they're going to be making 'drastic' changes to her in the future. Great.

BTW they're working on making Frost's traps "less binary" so take that as you will

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 18, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I'm going to miss those Finka laserbeams

No further changes to shield operators

seems like a typical midseason update, I love when eSports leaks into my shooters like lead into Flint's water

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

BTW they're working on making Frost's traps "less binary" so take that as you will

gently caress you. gently caress this. gently caress everything.

not actually mad at you

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Can't wait for "Frost traps now do 50 damage, but she gets twice as many of them and also their model is half the size."

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Uuuuuuuuuuuggggggguhhhhhhhhhh

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Just a reminder that the lead gameplay designer on Rainbow Six Siege was the old lead gameplay designer of For Honor and For Honor was an absolute steaming mess on release and for the first 9 months, they literally had to rework and patch every single character. High level play was literally not viable outside of 3 characters and revolved around spamming a couple of moves. It was one of the worst games I'd ever seen, from a game design perspective.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

But they already down instead of killing you, frost traps are one of the things in the game that have always seemed like they're in a really good place.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

It's 100% Pro League motivated, she's picked a ton.

There's so much they could do. They could make Mute jammers actually jam her device. They could make it run on battery and have it recharge. They could make it harder to see the "real" world through the screen so she was more vulnerable. Instead they did it the laziest way possible.

The best part is they've announced they're going to be making 'drastic' changes to her in the future. Great.

Now that I have an additional 60 or so hours ontop of when I first said this, I still think they should change Mute's jammers should be more effective. Don't need to go overboard but definitely increase the range for some of it's utilities. A dokks call should be wasted if you're in the same side of a room of a jammer etc. Jammers only affecting a what 2 ft circle? seems really pathetic

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lohli posted:

But they already down instead of killing you, frost traps are one of the things in the game that have always seemed like they're in a really good place.

Nope, gotta ruin it! Balanced them wrong, as a joke.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I wouldn't mind being able to self-recover from Frost traps. Should take a long time and be noisy though.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnDuK7J0q3E

I made another tiny video, where I dunk a rushing blitz and monty, fight a flashbang with a C4, and apologize right now for the loud boys in discord

that crew is not my normal crew and they are kinda annoying

one guy later on was playing music from his phone.... and singing.... I mean jesus. They only play casual tho and I'm pretty much moved over to ranked

placed Gold 1 bb (but am now at gold 2)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Instead of downing you they will prevent you from moving and do damage over time until you pull them apart with F, sort of like a Gu mine, but she will get more of them.
I'm calling it right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New operator leak

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
imo the most interesting thing about the update is that the speed reduction effect from barbed wire is getting buffed which is obviously directly related to the finka/smoke changes but also generally just cool

there aren't any outright :nallears: changes except IQ losing frags but they seem to at least have an actual reason for all of this with glaz/twitch dps finally becoming more normalized

glaz players might have reason to complain since the is the closest thing we have to a pure sniper but lol @ having sympathy for AWP-types

Twitch players have been using the famas as a crutch for way too long and it has only become more apparent since they gutted her taser ammo since the rifle now has had way more uptime as a result lmao

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
37 isn't low enough for the FAMAS, you could literally drop it to SMG damage and it would still be one of if not the best assault rifles in the game, just because it's a 1000rpm gun with fairly low recoil.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I said come in! posted:

New operator leak

Barkbeard

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The nonstop pup-pup of stainless steel.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I wouldn't mind being able to self-recover from Frost traps. Should take a long time and be noisy though.

This is a cool idea

Orv
May 4, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

The nonstop pup-pup of stainless steel.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The Bananana posted:

This is a cool idea

Actually not really cause Frostmat killcams are the best killcams and this way we won't get them.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Kikas posted:

Actually not really cause Frostmat killcams are the best killcams and this way we won't get them.

*snap* UUUAARGGH *thud*

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Again, giving a lot of props to the sound design of Siege, that meaty *KLUNK* of the Frostmat is one of the most satisfying sounds in the game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Make Frost traps do 50 damage and make them invisible.

Make everyone Kapkan.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So having finally given up on playing Casual (by myself at least; with friends it's a bit more bearable) and started playing more Ranked and I'm having way more fun with it.

That also led to this awesome play tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY0iRtRrnLw

I already have iffy aim, but man, my heart was pounding and I was super nervous so I miss Jackal more than I should have. I turned it around though and sadly we still lost the game since we were down a man and eventually the other team won out. We did go to full overtime at least.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Frost is probably my most played defender, but man, I'd stop playing her in a heartbeat if the traps weren't so dangerous. I don't really like her weapons so the only way I get the jollies is the solid knowledge that if someone makes a mistake, they are actually going to feel it rather than getting a slap on the wrist.

There's a special kind of brain worm pleasure that comes from someone picking ash and speeding through the building and getting killed without firing a bullet, or glaz who spends 3 minutes and 50 seconds outside the building, only to die immediately when he finally bothers to rappel into a window.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I really don't understand the way they approach balancing in this game. They seem content to just look at The Numbers, single out whoever's being picked most and give them an entirely arbitrary nerf that has nothing to do with why they're actually over-picked in the first place, like the initial Ela non-nerf or the change to Vigil's cloak. The exception being Ash for some reason, who's in a good place? It's hard to avoid the feeling that they just watch the Pro League instead of playing their own game.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Frost is OP. Don't believe me? It's all in the numbers.

Number one: that's terror.
Number two: that's terror.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gato posted:

they just watch the Pro League instead of playing their own game.

Not gonna lie that's my impression lately. Which is super annoying to me at least because I cannot give a fuuuuck about pro league

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Making frost traps less "binary" is 100% them wanting to turn them into gu mines.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Frost traps are like perfect wtf

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Frost traps are like perfect wtf

But they make the Ash mains sad when they charge straight into one 0.00035 seconds after the round started. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Putting frost traps in the lift shaft on Tower is the only way that map is bearable.