Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

reading the reddit thread on star marine is so delicious. What's particularly great is that on top of the news about the cancellation, Chris Roberts' contempt for the backers was openly exposed, and people who don't even care about Star Marine are weirded out by it. And the posts discussing how disconcerting it is are being massively upvoted.

Is Chris Roberts going to let popular criticism of his attitude go by without a response? I really, really doubt it. :fap:
Man, he's been gilded 4 times now- I've never seen that happen.

Emergent lucidity on a popular Star Citizen thread -- en masse no less -- is highly disorienting. I want to believe this is a turning point of some kind-- yet it's hard to believe that, given that they seem most comfortable in a state of cognitive dissonance.

I guess we watch the funding tracker over the next few days and weeks and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
hehehehe

http://www.somethingawful.com/video-game-article/space-marine-setback/

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Barnsy posted:

Why do they have 3 huge flatscreens??
Maybe Sandi claimed them as spoils from the defeated Austin office. Like she did her co-host duties.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

I endorse this product and/or service.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Barnsy posted:

Why do they have 3 huge flatscreens??

lol you have $105 million dollars and you wouldnt buy three big tv's?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

a good week for the star citizen thread.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

reading the reddit thread on star marine is so delicious. What's particularly great is that on top of the news about the cancellation, Chris Roberts' contempt for the backers was openly exposed, and people who don't even care about Star Marine are weirded out by it. And the posts discussing how disconcerting it is are being massively upvoted.

Is Chris Roberts going to let popular criticism of his attitude go by without a response? I really, really doubt it. :fap:

quote:

Did you ever hear about the MMO Blizzard worked on for 7 years and then cancelled outright? BECAUSE IT WASN'T UP TO THEIR STANDARD. Chris has higher standards, that much is clear.

stop

please

im dying

edit: and i wasnt even looking at who posted it, but its our crazy boy lethality that said that.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

:vince:

G0RF fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 27, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Batman! Noooo!

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Can someone make a lowtax subreddit please?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

looks like someones mad they couldn't play their 4500 dollar spaceship game

maybe you didnt DREAM enough Lowtax

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

fuctifino posted:

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner

Sandi has a new thing listed on her resume site called 'Lagos 2035'. There is nothing on IMDB, and hardly any mention of it on google. The most detailed description I got was from the site of one of the other actors: http://www.dinawilson.com/

Wasn't that the time when Sandi 'I never take a day off' Gardiner was sporting that fake tattoo on her neck? Wasn't November a busy time for CIG? Weren't there months worth of CS tickets to respond to, and JPG ships to market?

Here's a bit more on that. I kinda wanted here more about this despite Sandi Gardner's involvement, since bringing up the Nigerian city of Lagos in the future is a great way to pique my interest.

quote:

Casting "Lagos 235," a speculative TV show with a strong emphasis on ethnically-diverse actors and representation. Filmmaker states: "This is created in conjunction with world-famous artist Alex McDowell and the World Building Institute." Synopsis: The world has changed. An environmental and economic disaster has reshaped the landscape of the entire world. Lagos, Nigeria has become Rome--the African Gotham. Water is running out. Crime is on the rise. And drama is at an all-time high. "Blade Runner" reborn in the heart of Africa.

Sounds a little compelling. Alex McDowell didn't immediately ring any bells but he's the production designer involved in stuff like Fight Club, Minority Report, The Crow, and Watchmen, so it sounds like something he's probably trying to get a director or production credit on. Apparently, the audition dates were November 21-23.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Good

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

How many of these were actually in your DM's?

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

jeffk's interpretation of star citizen is my dream spacegame :allears:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

I had a lot of fun writing this and hope I covered the personality of every SC zealot.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Those comments were perfect

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

I had a lot of fun writing this and hope I covered the personality of every SC zealot.

I could tell you enjoyed this one, it came out in the article

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When I read the doxxing part I actually burst out laughing

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Today was a good day.

What's the origin of "the brown sea", the color of their forums?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Someone please post the article on reddit.

I want to see them rant and rave like madmen as they complain about being portrayed as ranting raving madmen.

e: I'd post it, but it would get downvoted in seconds (i've been shitposting there all day).

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 27, 2016

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Kavak posted:

Today was a good day.

:poop emoji:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

What a horrible, horrible week for Star Citizen. I can't get enough.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Eonwe posted:

I could tell you enjoyed this one, it came out in the article
I wrote the entire thing in under 45 minutes, which is impressive since I'm so rusty and haven't published an article in like a decade. I literally jumped out of bed and ran to my computer when I got the idea to write a SC article that focused more on the insane fans than the game itself. Sorry if I'm blabbing too much, but it just felt great to let loose and write, like back in 2002.

And yes, somebody please put it on Reddit.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Fried Watermelon posted:

Guaranteed that the SQ42 is just going to be an interactive movie and the PU will be locked on a 16 player max with maybe a trading system that is literally a web based database. Collect resources from 16 player game, this goes into the persistent database, and then they have their persistent universe!

Press "OK" to download Excel '98.

29 GB remaining...

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I'm the idiot that didn't know the comments were the article.

It's that good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kavak posted:

Today was a good day.

the original goon backers unironically thought that they were better than the RSI posters and used that term to describe their forums

they werent

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42vtjb/star_citizen_trouble_in_paradise/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

stop

please

im dying

edit: and i wasnt even looking at who posted it, but its our crazy boy lethality that said that.
Actual quotes from Blizzard as to why they cancelled Titan:

"So we set out to make the most ambitious thing that you could possibly imagine. And it didn't come together."

"The discipline of knowing when to quit is important,"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is beautiful :)

LOL at the effort-post by a whale defending the game.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

only 3 comments so far and every single one is :five: out of :five:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

I wrote the entire thing in under 45 minutes, which is impressive since I'm so rusty and haven't published an article in like a decade. I literally jumped out of bed and ran to my computer when I got the idea to write a SC article that focused more on the insane fans than the game itself. Sorry if I'm blabbing too much, but it just felt great to let loose and write, like back in 2002.

And yes, somebody please put it on Reddit.

Nah that's awesome, I really should read the front page more

I was reading fashion swat and Leonard j crabs stuff before I even registered

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

How did you get the comments from the article in this reddit post

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

somethingawful is satire right?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/42v5mu/are_all_the_backers_upset_with_cig_right_now/

I tried to make this troll post in r/dereksmart earlier but literally every response was sincere. I thought I was being really obvious.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

somethingawful is satire right?

Somethingawful is so played out. A group of people that tried to ironically devolve to subhuman standards only to be surpassed by 4chan, a group of actual subhumans.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I dont know what they think SA is but I like making fun of terrible internet poo poo

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
This poster raises good points about the handling of Star Marine.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6290259/#Comment_6290259

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6290644/#Comment_6290644

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6290728/#Comment_6290728

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

fuctifino posted:

Somethingawful is so played out. A group of people that tried to ironically devolve to subhuman standards only to be surpassed by 4chan, a group of actual subhumans.

Some of us have paid up to $20 to post here. What losers we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

G0RF posted:

Alright gents, this is a bloody long Effort Post that remains, despite considerable time spent, incomplete. But I figured it would be worth putting some of the key Star Marine dates into a single hyperlinked timeline. Forgive me in advance for minor errors. I know most of this isn't news to the Regulars here; my hope is to enlighten the casual visitors, particularly those who are skeptical of our skepticism. I may be overestimating the power of deductive reasoning here.

If so, drat you hopelessly irrational nerds! :argh:

Okay, here we go!

---

GORF out![/i]

Gorf, you definitely have a future as a true crime journalist. Well done!

• Locked thread