Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Tyreek Hill and his ilk deserve to be vilified but you know what pisses me off more than our passive acceptance of people like Big Ben and others in sport? People who still celebrate John Lennon as some sort of symbol of peace.

That motherfucker kicked the poo poo out of all kinds of pregnant women. If you want to get away with domestic abuse and still be treated like a hero, don't play sports, just shoot up some h and write trite songs about world peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is as good a time as any to tell you to stop adding me on Facebook. I have zero desire to have pictures of a dude with the face of a nutsack and the wit of a 15 year old litter up my poo poo
Take it to PMs you mentally ill child

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But how will we know how much better he is then u.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Why are you adding mentally ill children on facebook repeatedly? How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Er, yeah that seems like a PM type thing to address.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i eat pieces of poo poo like you for breakfast

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

TheChirurgeon posted:

I mean we've had injuries, but I think they're more noticeable because the team has had very poor depth, especially on the defensive side of the ball. When your best CB is only above average, then the guy behind him is probably pretty bad and losing him hurts a lot more, even if the dropoff isn't as big as it might be if he were a potential HoFer.

Claibourne has gotten a pretty bad rap--most CBs take a few years to develop into competent starters and playing in a Rob Ryan defense is a losing proposition no matter how talented you are. I no longer feel like he was a bust, but I wouldn't have traded up for him (or anyone, really). It seems a lot worse when you consider that the upside to getting someone like Kirkpatrick and staying put at 14 would have been getting someone like Alshon Jeffrey (who the pick was actually used on after the Rams traded it to the Bears), Mychal Kendricks, or Bobby Wagner in the 2nd round with the 45th pick.

True true. I really hope we can pickup a few good one's in the draft this year, but I feel like I have been saying that for multiple drafts now.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I'm glad the year of Fraud Exposure also includes goons

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is as good a time as any to tell you to stop adding me on Facebook. I have zero desire to have pictures of a dude with the face of a nutsack and the wit of a 15 year old litter up my poo poo

Hey man my wit is at least old enough to drive

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Now now children, you're all special in your own way

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Am I crazy or is there a gif of Vince Wilfork sliding on the ground like a whale

Please link me no questions asked tia

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Reminder that Wilfork was on the cover of ESPN's body issue

Or was it not the cover and he was just in it? Can't remember

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:nms::nms:

\/\/ done!

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 11, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NWS and NMS that poo poo jesus

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Am I crazy or is there a gif of Vince Wilfork sliding on the ground like a whale

Please link me no questions asked tia

Yeah it happened, but I can't remember which game and don't have my gif folder available at work.

Best I've got is the time he dropped into zone and killed poor Donald Jones on a shallow underneath route:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7sQVQdgj8

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

seiferguy posted:

I used q-tips for my ears a lot when I was a kid. Seriously, don't use them. It's basically akin to loading a civil war era cannon.

I use the handle end of my nail clippers to scrape out earwax.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chances are you have a friend who stabbed someone
It's me. Growing up in poverty is tough, bruh.

FizFashizzle posted:

swapping stewart for fournette does nothing to improve the team.

I don't give a poo poo how good he is; he's not going anywhere with those offensive tackles.
I was just pointing what I believe to be the point of the speculation though I did it poorly so apologies.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Manziel gonna be at the SB

For $79 you get a selfie and a handwritten 4 word inscription

Someone do that and ask for him to write Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis four times.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Intruder posted:

NWS and NMS that poo poo jesus

Nothing nms or nws about that man's beautiful body

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

Yeah it happened, but I can't remember which game and don't have my gif folder available at work.

Best I've got is the time he dropped into zone and killed poor Donald Jones on a shallow underneath route:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7sQVQdgj8

He dead

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Chris James 2 posted:

Manziel gonna be at the SB

For $79 you get a selfie and a handwritten 4 word inscription

Kid: Hey Johnny! Could you sign my cast?
JFF: Sure, kid.
Different guy: Wait, they sell tequila shots at the Super Bowl?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hahahaha

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Does he have "esquire" as part of his Facebook name?

nerve posted:

Nothing nms or nws about that man's beautiful body

:agreed:

They need to do a 4k slow motion shot of Wilfork running.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No one cares about who is adding who on facebook god bless

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Does he have "esquire" as part of his Facebook name?

:agreed:

They need to do a 4k slow motion shot of Wilfork running.

They don't, actually

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I would like to see.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

fyallm posted:

True true. I really hope we can pickup a few good one's in the draft this year, but I feel like I have been saying that for multiple drafts now.

I *think* the general strategy will be to negotiate a new contract for Romo where the team converts the bulk of his 2017 salary to playing time incentives, which would become NLTBE* incentives with Dallas, no longer counting toward the cap. That would remove about $13M from his 2017 cap hit, but would count as LTBE incentives for whatever new team he joined. Then ideally, the team works out a trade that goes through on June 1st, which would put $10.7M in dead money on the books in 2017 and another $8.9M on the books in 2018. But over both of those years, Dak Prescott will cost next to nothing, leaving room to sign both the team's rookies and maybe 1-2 mid-level free agents. If the bulk of draft picks are on defense and Jaylon Smith comes back and plays well, we could be looking at an even stronger team next year.

This could also be accomplished with a simple Post June 1st cut, but that's less advantageous, albeit easier to accomplish. The big challenge with a trade is that Dallas has to get under the cap before the first league year to trade Romo, so they have to renegotiate his contract prior to that point for things to work. But getting Romo off the books makes a lot of room for signing other guys.

*Not Likely To Be Earned

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I was just wondering if I could beat Vince Wilfork's 40 time, so I looked it up.

5.08 seconds. Nah, probably not. Big boy could move.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

TheChirurgeon posted:

I *think* the general strategy will be to negotiate a new contract for Romo where the team converts the bulk of his 2017 salary to playing time incentives, which would become NLTBE* incentives with Dallas, no longer counting toward the cap. That would remove about $13M from his 2017 cap hit, but would count as LTBE incentives for whatever new team he joined. Then ideally, the team works out a trade that goes through on June 1st, which would put $10.7M in dead money on the books in 2017 and another $8.9M on the books in 2018. But over both of those years, Dak Prescott will cost next to nothing, leaving room to sign both the team's rookies and maybe 1-2 mid-level free agents. If the bulk of draft picks are on defense and Jaylon Smith comes back and plays well, we could be looking at an even stronger team next year.

This could also be accomplished with a simple Post June 1st cut, but that's less advantageous, albeit easier to accomplish. The big challenge with a trade is that Dallas has to get under the cap before the first league year to trade Romo, so they have to renegotiate his contract prior to that point for things to work. But getting Romo off the books makes a lot of room for signing other guys.

*Not Likely To Be Earned

I could see multiple teams being interested, but knowing that we need him gone I think they wait for the post June 1st cut....

And man I really don't know about Jaylon Smith.... So many reports going from he will never play again, to he is already ready for 2017 season...

EDIT: Do you see us taking a CB with the first pick? I think alot will be gone by our time, would love to get Adoree Jackson, but I would settle for a Jalen Tabor...

fyallm fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 11, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

intruder will you be my facebook friend? my first name is currently set to ratt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sorry, my posting about butt stuff is really starting to take off and I can't be associated with your kind

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fishing with the fam posted:

I was just wondering if I could beat Vince Wilfork's 40 time, so I looked it up.

5.08 seconds. Nah, probably not. Big boy could move.

Considering how many tight ends bust out a 4.9-5.0 that's amazing

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

fyallm posted:

I could see multiple teams being interested, but knowing that we need him gone I think they wait for the post June 1st cut....

And man I really don't know about Jaylon Smith.... So many reports going from he will never play again, to he is already ready for 2017 season...

EDIT: Do you see us taking a CB with the first pick? I think alot will be gone by our time, would love to get Adoree Jackson, but I would settle for a Jalen Tabor...

It's hard to say how the trade of Romo will work out. It's very possible he could be traded before June 1st, and the Cowboys will just eat his full dead money hit this year. That may be more likely than a team waiting to trade for him until after June 1st. With regard to his contract, it's advantageous financially to trade for him instead of waiting for free agency because 1. you don't have to bid against anyone else financially (and you know some idiot team is willing to give him a 5-year deal), and 2. If you trade for him, his contract is completely non-guaranteed at that point, making it easy to cut him after 1 or 2 years with no consequences as they relate to dead money and an easy path to restructuring.

I'm hopeful Jaylon Smith will play next year. It was certainly a gamble taking him, but the Cowboys' team doctor was also responsible for performing his surgery, so I doubt they believed he'd never play again at that point (and reports suggesting as such were giving worst-case scenarios). The most recent reports suggest he could have played in this year's playoffs with a brace (supposedly he's running 4.5s right now), but the Cowboys chose not to activate him and play it safe. Given where the team is with regard to the playoffs, I think we'll see him playing next year, though I have no idea how his play will be affected or whether his knee is 100%, or if this is mostly optimistic bullshit.

I have no idea if we'll take a CB with the first pick. There are a number of needs on offense and defense and it will depend on who is available at the pick. Claibourne, Church, Wilcox, and Terrell McClain are all UFAs next year, so it's entirely possible that we'll look at a Safety or DT. Top Safeties tend to go lower--late 1st/early 2nd round, so it may behoove us to pick up a top safety instead of a CB. Similarly, Leary is also a UFA next year and Free is aging and will be a UFA in 2018, so RT is also a potential position we'd look at. Similarly, CB may be less of a priority if we can improve the pass rush, reducing the amount of time our Secondary is exposed.

With regard to the strengths of each position class, you'll have to ask one of the more college/draft-focused goons. I typically don't start paying attention to the draft until the combine, and don't tend to think about prospects before that. I don't know if this is a strong/weak year for CBs/Ss/LBs/DTs/DEs/whatever. I think Doltos knows more about that poo poo?

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 11, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Remember when he called out a fellow airline passenger for being "passive aggressive"?

yeah it was funny, lacking self-awareness must suck

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Amy Pole Her posted:

omg!! Dolfan stop we are just messing with you

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
wtf is going on?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I don't know. Can we go back to food chat?

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Tyreek Hill and his ilk deserve to be vilified but you know what pisses me off more than our passive acceptance of people like Big Ben and others in sport? People who still celebrate John Lennon as some sort of symbol of peace.

That motherfucker kicked the poo poo out of all kinds of pregnant women. If you want to get away with domestic abuse and still be treated like a hero, don't play sports, just shoot up some h and write trite songs about world peace.

Is it already time for the annual "It is Impossible to Ethically Consume Media" PSA?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chromatic posted:

Kid: Hey Johnny! Could you sign my cast?
JFF: Sure, kid.
Different guy: Wait, they sell tequila shots at the Super Bowl?

this is a beautiful post

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please move on from this feud thanks, even if it's in jest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Intruder posted: