Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
So I finished the story today, what do I do now?

I see a lot of goons are triple digit rank, Im only 61 ... do I really just blow my NRG on whatever events going on in the vortex and arena ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Farm events, farm TMRs, do arena whenever, it gives the most stat pots.

Rank exp comes naturally and isn't worth grinding for.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

suuma posted:

Right yea I wasnt suggesting grinding for ranks just wondering what people do once the story is done since obviously youre all doing something since you keep ranking up.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i rank up almost exclusively from raids and earth shrine

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

How many Ignorance should you run for the op Rikku LB build, 3x or 4x?

I'm thinking 3x with Prodigy Goggles and Override should be enough to get her there. That's generating 8+100% so 16 yeah? Theoretically that's enough to have her LB up every turn, or am I missing something?

Based on my observation with Bartz and the moogle spear, the "increase LB fill rate" effects only apply to LB crystals, they do not affect the automatic "increase LB gauge per turn" ability. So that build will only guarantee Rikku's LB every other turn.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

suuma posted:

Disagree only on one condition. If we get another 1/2 nrg story event soon I say grind the poo poo out of rank. It was well worth it for me for getting extra value out of my refreshes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So anyone else who uses Nox to macro, has the game been crashing an absurd amount lately?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

So anyone else who uses Nox to macro, has the game been crashing an absurd amount lately?

I've only run it once for the macro since the newest update (yesterday afternoon), but I didn't have any crashes. :thunk:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

Not crashing, but I was getting a ton of connection error popups earlier.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
is it worth farming 4 aqua blades and 2 bowie knives or does that poo poo just get pointless? im using the TMR rankings thing and those have high marks.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I'd only bother getting Aqua blades if you have a tidus and no genji glove or dual wield, but if you have no other high priority TMRs.. you might as well get it.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Nuebot posted:

It has been for me.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

beergod posted:

is it worth farming 4 aqua blades and 2 bowie knives or does that poo poo just get pointless? im using the TMR rankings thing and those have high marks.

Hard no.

Like, you'll look back at this post one day and think of how silly it sounds. Really, you need Dual Weild of some sort for all your top DPS (if they don't have it already like Luneth). Do not get more than that, especially of those inferior versions. Ranks should be Aqua blade > Bowie > Dual Wield > Gilgamesh TM (although some fringe cases prefer DW to the Gauntlet).

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

beergod posted:

Sources of dual wield are ranked really high (although with all the caveats Aqua Blade has I question it's value) but Onion Knight has built in dual wield, Wilhelm won't use it, and most Vertias of the Flame gives him Fixed Dice which is a two handed weapon and can't be dual wielded. A Bowie Knife might not be bad for Veritas of the Flame, but I don't know how he's built and used at all except maybe with Fixed Dice which is a two handed weapon and can't be dual wielded.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gaaaaaaaah! Rode a Gilgamesh ringer in for a win today, said "I'll take it off autoattack and try a limit break now" and on THAT TURN he countered Gilg to death. It's just a 10% moogle but man that stings.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I haven't been this hyped for a banner since Orlandeau's first one. I dunno why but I really want an Ayaka. I am prepared to be disappointed.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I haven't been this hyped for a banner since Orlandeau's first one. I dunno why but I really want an Ayaka. I am prepared to be disappointed.

I'm pretty hyped for this banner as well, though I don't really care about Ayaka beyond her usefulness as a healer. I want to pick up at least three Sylvias, then I'll get to work on grinding out L&A #5-9, then I'll have some jank Ashe strategies.

I'm also looking forward to getting that better fire katana.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I just realized that with separate equipment pools for Arena and PvE I can give Goddess' Protection to both Shutdown Rem and my 100% Evade Fohlen. So that's pretty neat, more utility for that guy. If I sub in good elemental-proof armor not much is gonna be able to take him down.

I've also had all on-banner half-prices this week. Mercedes and Exdeaths galore.

Let's see if this trend continues.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I'm pretty hyped for this banner as well, though I don't really care about Ayaka beyond her usefulness as a healer. I want to pick up at least three Sylvias, then I'll get to work on grinding out L&A #5-9, then I'll have some jank Ashe strategies.

I'm also looking forward to getting that better fire katana.

I feel exactly like you about Kamui(?) and Sylvia. I also feel less bad because I know I can put those TMRs into good use on my futile chase. That fire katana is gonna be pretty sick for FV owners.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

Sources of dual wield are ranked really high (although with all the caveats Aqua Blade has I question it's value) but Onion Knight has built in dual wield, Wilhelm won't use it, and most Vertias of the Flame gives him Fixed Dice which is a two handed weapon and can't be dual wielded. A Bowie Knife might not be bad for Veritas of the Flame, but I don't know how he's built and used at all except maybe with Fixed Dice which is a two handed weapon and can't be dual wielded.

So you're saying I should farm my Setzer TMR for VoF?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Forest event should be gone within the hour so get your runs in while you can.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Queen on my daily. Almost got Ayaka with one pull. Not sad to see a second Queen as her TM is great, better than a 5th Dark Fina or a 4th Olive.

Alright, pulling for Ayaka. Here we go...
25 tickets:

Eight
India
Jean
Kamui
Kamui

Maria
Yuri
Krile
Lani
Terra

Gold...Soleil
Yuri
Gold... Ilias
Gold... Shine
Freya

Yuri
Golbez
Rainbow!.... AYAKA!
Arc
Sara

Kuja
Kamui
Kamui
Jack
Rakshasa

10+1 ticket #1...all garbage no banner units

10+1 ticket #2...Another Shine, my second Victoria, the rest was garbage

Ex 4* ticket... Garnet (awesome)

EX 5* ticket....Rem #2, solid TM at least

Bought $50 worth of lapis I didn't use so that's nice. 3 new rainbows to grind.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 6, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Welp, it's official. I'm over 500 rare gacha pulls without a Zidane.

Pulled multiples of both the new 3*s so I continue to have every non-limited 3* in the game except Zidane. Got an Emperor, that's cool I guess. No Silvia, two Goken.

Welp.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

No Sylvia frustration 11 pull: 2 Golds, Werei #2 and Refia.

I guess this is going to be another banner where I don't pull any of the golds until the last day or maybe like Veritas of the Spear Mastery, until a month later.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

121 pulls including four guaranteed 4*, no rainbows. two sylvia and four goku but who cares. its been at least 200 pulls since my last rainbow which was queen.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

I guess this is going to be another banner where I don't pull any of the golds until the last day or maybe like Veritas of the Spear Mastery, until a month later.

I'd say I feel bad for you. But you got three rainbows today. So bugger off. :(

I just realized the last time I got a banner rainbow was NOCTIS.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

aww man, no tmr 4*? that sucks, i guess you'll have to console yourself with three rainbows including the chase unit. my condolences

Dana Crysalis posted:

i have never pulled a banner rainbow

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I pulled Noctis. Is he any good and would he work with Wilhelm, OK, and VoF?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my 5* rate has to be hovering somewhere between .05 and .10%

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Welp, 11 pull and daily and unsurprisingly no Ayaka.

I will continue trucking on not giving money to Gumi and holding out false hope that the unspecified future gift is one or more 5* tickets.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
The only banner rainbow I've ever pulled was White Knight Noel last Christmas. Compared to 6 or 7 off-banner rainbows. Having some good luck with those coin flips!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'll quote my reaction on Discord.

OH MY loving GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES YES MOTHERFUCKING YES!!!
HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT IT FINALLY loving HAPPENED

It took over 500 pulls but that nightmare is finally over! :woop: I can actually enjoy the game now. God the possibilities, my head is swimming. I CAN USE ORLANDEAU!!!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

BGrifter posted:

It took over 500 pulls but that nightmare is finally over! :woop: I can actually enjoy the game now. God the possibilities, my head is swimming. I CAN USE ORLANDEAU!!!

You could use him before. :confused:

Dual Wield is a best-in-slot thing, but it doesn't make or break already absurd units like him or DV. Orlandeau is fantastic without DW, now he's just twice as fantastic.

Personal tally, 25 tickets and an 11-pull later:
No rainbows, but 2x Silvia and 1x Goken, along with a Werei and a bunch of other less interesting poo poo.
I think I'm legally unable to bitch at all, given that I have the entire banner except for the chaser.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

50 tickets and one 10 *+1 and all I get is one Ayaka. Heck yeah

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dana Crysalis posted:

Oh absolutely, gently caress me. I've pulled Onion Knight, Orlandeau and Ayaka.

Take solace that I've paid between $500-$1000 into this game over the course of a year and am not some lucky F2P guy. So there's some level of karmic balancing here.

BGrifter posted:

I'll quote my reaction on Discord.

OH MY loving GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES YES MOTHERFUCKING YES!!!
HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT IT FINALLY loving HAPPENED

That's a good feeling getting that first DW. Congrats, and welcome to the game.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 6, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you still got the banner 5* in a sixth the pulls i made while getting no rainbows in 200-??? pulls

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Oh absolutely, gently caress me. I've pulled Onion Knight, Orlandeau and Ayaka.

Take solace that I've paid between $500-$1000 into this game over the course of a year and am not some lucky F2P guy. So there's some level of karmic balancing here.

I've spent over 600 and have none of those, sooooooo, no, you're not helping.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

If we're jerking off about our pulls and money spent I've gotten two off-banner orlandeus and I've spent like, maybe a hundred bucks total on various bundles?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

If we're jerking off about our pulls and money spent I've gotten two off-banner orlandeus and I've spent like, maybe a hundred bucks total on various bundles?

This is why the EX points system exists, you guys know. :v: It's more or less a 1:1 measure of how much dosh you've blown on the game since it rolled out.

For example, I'm depressed that I've spent $70 on a game that I spend half of my time mad at, when that amount of money didn't get me a drat thing :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

This is why the EX points system exists, you guys know. :v: It's more or less a 1:1 measure of how much dosh you've blown on the game since it rolled out.

For example, I'm depressed that I've spent $70 on a game that I spend half of my time mad at, when that amount of money didn't get me a drat thing :negative:

EX Points didn't exist back when the cool halloween bundles and stuff were around I think.

• Locked thread