Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah the dude said they are adding

a) glint to all gun scopes over 2x
b) different degrees of glint based on the scope's magnification
c) an improved glint effect

Curious on how it's going to shake out....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
If u use something other than irons than u a bitch end of story

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There's other stuff coming too regarding killcam and damage log....

https://twitter.com/drunkkz3/status/1074665999809605632?s=21

Confirming Flare Gun radius expanding from 5m to 6m!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah the dude said they are adding

a) glint to all gun scopes over 2x
b) different degrees of glint based on the scope's magnification
c) an improved glint effect

Curious on how it's going to shake out....

Here's a hint: poorly. Streamers and reddit love two things, complaining and sniping, so I don't see this shaking out well.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Klisejo posted:

Confirming Flare Gun radius expanding from 5m to 6m!

If they just made the flare circle start from being shot instead of the top of its arc it would be vastly better.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

The 3x have any “spread” either when moving.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Glenn Quebec posted:

I usually use irons, but whenever I use scopes, I only scope in after I've used the spotting scope and found a cluster of enemies hanging out. Works like a charm so long as you don't aim down the scope for more than 2 seconds and move around once you've engaged a couple of times.

Most pubbies don't do this, so I'm completely okay with whatever changes they bring to scope glare.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Handsome Ralph posted:

I usually use irons, but whenever I use scopes, I only scope in after I've used the spotting scope and found a cluster of enemies hanging out. Works like a charm so long as you don't aim down the scope for more than 2 seconds and move around once you've engaged a couple of times.

Most pubbies don't do this, so I'm completely okay with whatever changes they bring to scope glare.

Hey I do this too, and it works really well AND you get lots of points for spotting assists! It rules!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
That seems about right. Yesterday I finally find the first gun that I actually like using, M1A1 with a 3x, just in time for them to add glare. Perfection.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm glad all the slopes are getting glint, less people using them the better

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Iron sights just feel better. Feels ridicolous whole army have scopes.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Glenn Quebec posted:

you're one of the good ones glenn

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

George H.W. oval office posted:

If they just made the flare circle start from being shot instead of the top of its arc it would be vastly better.

Remove all flare coding currently in BFV.

Insert all flare coding from BF1, especially the part where you hit some rear end in a top hat on the other end of the map and get free points and kills.

Game improved.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Shima Honnou posted:

Remove all flare coding currently in BFV.

Insert all flare coding from BF1, especially the part where you hit some rear end in a top hat on the other end of the map and get free points and kills.

Game improved.

Assignment - Get 10 flare kills while capturing an Objective.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm glad all the slopes are getting glint, less people using them the better

Agreed, scope glint for all and increased glint for longer range ones sounds like a great change.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

numptyboy posted:

Agreed, scope glint for all and increased glint for longer range ones sounds like a great change.

This won't change the fact that suppressing snipers doesnt do a loving thing and they can just take you out instantly.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Give me the Martini Henry w. ironsights unchanged from BF1, sweet spot and all, and I'll main recon for that sweet sweet railgun again

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
So glad that I went back a page and saw that TTK revert.

Although if I was to guess, the issue they are having with getting people to buy the game is probably more to do with them releasing the game five months before their BR mode is ready when CoD released their game in a "complete" state and when BR games are the current hotness.

Or not, maybe it is new players are dying too fast before they even buy the game.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
The problem apparently isnt people not buying the game but bad people not playing the game. Which means they wont buy cosmetics in the future.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Target Practice posted:

This won't change the fact that suppressing snipers doesnt do a loving thing and they can just take you out instantly.

Exactly. Now you know where he is even earlier and will be even more annoyed that you pelt him in the chest 6 times for 64 damage while he has all the time in the world to slowly aim at your head and 1-shot you because he doesn't even flinch from body shots.

I mean you even get suppression points yet it does jack poo poo to the suppressed...
Suppression with a flinch effect is the only "hard counter" against a sniper. So give us some.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Man I want them to dump that stupid battle royale mode out as quickly as possible so they'll learn that people really into those games stick with the main contenders rather than buy a Battlefield game for it.

Shame the thing will take development time from things that matter but remember their last attempt with BF1 that was a dumpster fire?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The consensus I've seen reached a few times in pubbie chat is they are willing to keep bad TTK as long as :females: are also removed.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Man I want them to dump that stupid battle royale mode out as quickly as possible so they'll learn that people really into those games stick with the main contenders rather than buy a Battlefield game for it.

Shame the thing will take development time from things that matter but remember their last attempt with BF1 that was a dumpster fire?

The hottest BR game in the world is already available at an unbeatable price, it's extra dumb to even waste time on this poo poo.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

The hottest BR game in the world is already available at an unbeatable price, it's extra dumb to even waste time on this poo poo.

The hottest BR game is the one where you shoot anyone who asks you to play a BR game at any price.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
okay the MG42 is the loving bees knees.

My current dilemma is whether I want longer belts, or whether I want the insane 1200rpm for maximum buzzsaw. I think the MG42 fires fast enough already, but you can delete dudes with a quick pulse anyway and it'd be cool to see that more.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
Flip flopping on the TTK shows that they have no idea WTF. Which is totally understandable. They're' a small indie developer and this is the first game of it's kind. If they had massive studio resources and had been working on games like this for a 15+ years, that would really be embarrassing.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I just killed 5 people as squad leader with a rocket that I called in, and the assignment didn't pop. I'm so tired of this glitchy bullshit.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Recoome posted:

My current dilemma is whether I want longer belts, or whether I want the insane 1200rpm for maximum buzzsaw. I think the MG42 fires fast enough already, but you can delete dudes with a quick pulse anyway and it'd be cool to see that more.

Make it the opposite of the MG-38 so you have an excuse to use both.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just logged into the game and got a Ribeyrolles 1918 AR? :confused: Anyone else get it? I don't recall ever seeing it before.

Also still not a goddamn BAR or any other actually common WW2 rifle. Can we get away from this bullshit already?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Trust me you will get the BAR and like two other versions of it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Recoome posted:

Longer belts. Honestly, it fires fast enough already, and when you get a really good spot going, the last thing you want to do is reload every 5-6 bursts.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

Seriously, It's such a waste of time. I've been waiting for years to come back to this setting and they are devoting resources to a skeleton game mode of a over saturated genre where the best versions are free or near free on both console and PC.

And I bet my stupid old imaginary internet hats they won't support the game mode after they drop it and it will be empty in three months or less after it comes out.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Glenn Quebec posted:

yes

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Naturally Selected posted:

Just logged into the game and got a Ribeyrolles 1918 AR? :confused: Anyone else get it? I don't recall ever seeing it before.

Also still not a goddamn BAR or any other actually common WW2 rifle. Can we get away from this bullshit already?

Yeah, some friends and I just got it too. I think it's the surprise holiday gift that EA posted about today.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Recoome posted:

My thoughts, I'm not a great player but I have hosed around with the MMGs quite a bit:

Spec the MG-34 with Flashless and the Ammo Belt and the accuracy mods. You can shoot about 30 rounds before it starts to overheat, and the RoF is very decent and leaves no muzzle flash (*although you still leave tracers*). This is good on maps like Devastation or shooting from the foliage in Arras.

Alternatively, spec the VGO for Recoil control, Flashless and Fire Rate and Chrome Lining, you now have a gun that shoots as fast as the base MG-42, is more accurate, and no muzzle flash - so works a lot like the MG-34 + the MG-42 had a baby and can burst at a higher RoF for longer. Downsides: 60 rounds instead of 100, takes a bit to reload.

Either one of these works as the MMG you want to use in open areas to cover your squad as they advance or hold an objective with a large field of fire and not get instantly deleted when 3 guys see your muzzle flash and open up on you.

Spec the MG-42 for ammo belt, heat dissipation. The first and fourth picks are freebies based on your playstyle. This is the gun you use when you want to hold a corridor or other small FOV position and you don't give a gently caress who knows it. Challenge me bitch - I will end you. The reason I don't talk about the other spec is that the MG-42 with the higher RoF is fun as hell but burns the entire belt in less than three seconds so it's not good at being an actual MMG, it's actually kind of a weird proto-RNG shotgun where you can zap people within 6m just by throwing a zillion bullets at them from the hip. BRRAAAAAPP.

So you now have an MMG that's a murder machine at covering tight areas and one that's a bit safer at covering large areas although I want to stress that the MMG Dream is covering one of the side halls on Aerodrome i.e. a tiny FoV field of fire when dudes get funneled into your bullets (second best is when you flank a squad from a slightly elevated position, go prone, and gun them all down). MMGs work when you have solid cover on either side and can watch a narrow area from where opponents can appear; they quickly lose effectiveness the more ground you have to cover and the more exposed you are.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 11, 2019

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

They added The Ribeyrolles 1918. It's bad because it's a low ROF assault rifle with only 25 rounds. But it has a bipod, which I guess is supposed to be a good thing?

At least assault can now experience the pleasures of jamming a bipod onto your gooch and lettin' rip on people who think you're a corpse

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Looks like they're putting a lot of faith in their ability to fix the bipod issues.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
scope glint on everything is actually going to be a win for snipers, as now you aren't going to be able to tell that nerd who might clip you a few times from the threatening dude

also it'll dunk supports into the ground

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Supports can only equip up to 1.5 zoom and the 1.5 is an iron sight so it’d be pretty weird for that to have glint.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Fart Car '97 posted:

At least assault can now experience the pleasures of jamming a bipod onto your gooch and lettin' rip on people who think you're a corpse

GOTY Feature, coming to a class near you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Supports can only equip up to 1.5 zoom and the 1.5 is an iron sight so it’d be pretty weird for that to have glint.

LMGs have a 3x scope.

And yeah, snipers are going to be a supreme hard counter to support now.