Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

:siren: Keep this thread free of ******* politics/culture-war ********. It *****. I have had a large number of posts tell me, via PMs or on Mumble that they have stopped reading the BF1 thread because they were tired of that **** coming up all the time. Other threads in Games have had a moratorium on such discussions because it made those threads **** ***. If we cared what some ****** on reddit or youtube thought about this game I would go there. But because we don't give a **** we read the thread on SA so if said thread on SA is going to have that **** in it anyway, we're not going to read it. :siren:

Battlefield Vila: This Old Haus is the new video game for you-are IBM Compatible PC, X-Bone or Playstation Quattro. In BFV, you play as one of the Waffen SS's elite home-improvement units tasked with conquering Europe so that you might fix old houses up to sell them at market price.

BFV standard edition will launch on all platforms on November 20, 2K18. Big expensive fancy-pants edition will launch earlier.

The open beta is currently available to everyone on all platforms until 9/11 :911:

Features:

Renovate houses:: Build barbed wire, tank traps, sandbags, bridges, and even fixed weapons.

Excessively customizable **** Handimen: Craft your own personal **** building contractor. The contractor you always wanted to be in real life but had too much self-respect to ever allow yourself to be. Be a white man in the Imperial Japanese Navy, just like Tom Cruise! Guns and vehicles also have a high level of visual customization. Just remember if you plan on cosplaying that Bob Vila is actually Cuban.

Extensive post-launch support and live service model: Inspired by Tom CLAMPy's Rainbow 6: Siege, Battlefield Vila will feature

Improved bullet penetration and destruction: These old fix-er-uppers have been damaged in ways un-possible with previous destruction tech

The Sturmtiger: Look at this ******* thing: https://i.imgur.com/Z3d566O.jpg imagine how easy this will make knocking down a wall to add on an expansion to your home!

Panzer: As seen in the hit Chinese Cartoon: Girls und Panzer (available now on Crunchyroll!).

Girls: As seen in the hit Chinese Cartoon: Girls und Panzer (available now on Crunchyroll!).

No-no-words filter: You can say Hitler but not ****. You can say gangrape but not just regular ****. Weird.

Single player mode: Will not actually let you do renovations, as such it will be trash.

Co-Op: Is back. Has slightly more promise this time around as DICE has made it sound like it's gonna be a less railroaded experience than BF3's.

No premium or paid ***!: Instead of paying $100 for two games, spend $60 on two games! Let the whales pay for all the new maps and guns by buying peg-legs or hoodies to put on their ****.

Improved squad leader functionality: Squad leader can now call in supply drops or V1 missile strikes and spawn in special vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtlXNMSsBs

:siren: :siren: :siren: Goon Platoon and mumble: Play with goons in the Chugging the Stairs mumble server. We will have a platoon up for this game once that feature is added, previous BF games have not had it at launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfchadU8Ixo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8nIJw6Yssg

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

**** yeah, *****

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
women in battlefield v

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
phew, I got the post in there. I feel good. the game is pretty good so far

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

:siren: :siren: PLANE STUFF :siren: :siren:

Want to be a BFV cyberace? Want to inject pubbie (and goon) hatred straight into your veins? Spawn in a plane!

https://i.imgur.com/iC6RMGg.mp4

A warthunder-esque setup worked well for me in BF1 and the BFV alpha/beta:

quote:

Pitch Down/Up = W/S + Mouse Y Axis
Roll Left/Right = A/D
Throttle +/-= Shift/Ctrl.
Yaw = Mouse X axis + Q/E
REBIND YOUR EXIT KEY TO SOMETHING YOU WONT ACCIDENTALLY PRESS

Binding pitch up/down is the most important thing here. If you try to turn with a mouse in a dogfight, you will get out turned and shot down. The idea behind this setup is that you can do all of your maneuvers with your keyboard, while using your mouse for more precise gunnery. I've heard of others advocating just binding pitch up to spacebar. While this is better than the default setup, its not good enough. Pitch down is still useful for evasive maneuvers, especially against ground fire. It also helps adjust your aim on strafing runs.

When making strafing runs with a fighter, it helps to switch to cockpit view for improved accuracy. Spotting infantry is much more difficult without 3d spotting. Your best bet is to look for tracers around contested objectives, or for known AT gun emplacements. I find that switching back to 3rd person while pulling away from a strafing run and switching to the rear-view camera helps identify targets that I may have missed. Avoid spraying wildly or flying too slow. If the enemy knows you're coming, you become more likely to eat a panzerfaust while making a pass.

For bombers, fly and bomb in 3rd person. The 3rd person camera now has a bomb drop indicator, so precision bombing outside of the bomb sight view is now possible and preferred.

QUICK PLANE GUIDE:

If you're new, the fastest way to level a plane up is to just slam your head against the keyboard and pick Fjell Conquest over and over.

Britisher:
  • Spitfire Mk Va: Best air superiority fighter on the allied team. Make sure you take the 8x .303 specialization. This significantly improves your damage.
  • Spitfire Mk Vb: A more ground attack oriented Spitfire, with 2x .50 cal and x8 rocket specializations. It gets the improved control surfaces, but doesnt quite melt enemy planes like the Mk Va.
  • Blenheims: They bomb stuff. The second Blenheim gets a paradrop specialization that allows your teammates to spawn and instantly drop from your bomber. This is an extremely good specialization for operations, or for Hamada conquest.
  • Mosquito: Not worth taking. While it is the fastest aircraft in the game, with a powerful armament and a modest bomb load, taking a Spitfire or a Blenheim is a better choice. The Mosquito will lose in a dogfight against a BF109. If you want to bomb, fly a Blenheim. The extra speed doesnt make up for the lack of maneuverability, even with the improved maneuverability specialization, nor does it make up for the lack of a defensive gunner. Battlefield's aircraft meta places an emphasis on maneuverability over speed, being 10% faster than a 109 doesnt matter if they can always keep you in their sights and keep you from repairing. British rocket loadouts are also not worth using over bombs.
Luftwaffe:
  • Bf 109-G2: A good fighter. Take the radar upgrade if you're new to flying and need help keeping track of enemy aircraft in turn fights. Both 109s get the Wfr Gr 21 rocket specialization. These are incredibly strong, overpowered even. They have a sort of proximity fuse against enemy aircraft, so they will detonate and damage enemy planes even if you dont get a direct hit. Two direct or near-direct hits will instantly destroy a Spitfire, and will critically damage a Blenheim to the point where a quick MG burst will finish it off. These rockets are your best friend if you're having issues with enemy bomber seat-swappers. They can also be used against ground targets, and are very lethal against infantry. They can do ~30 damage or so against tanks. I've had success taking out halftracks with them as well.
  • Bf 109-G6: The best fighter in the game in terms of damage and specialization tree. Take the minengeschoss upgrade over anything else. It turns your nose MG151 into the most effective fighter weapon in the game. It will chew through a Spitfire before over heating. This upgrade also gives the MG151 splash damage, so you can kill multiple infantry per strafing run without being perfectly accurate. I've even shot a pilot out of a Spitfire with the splash damage. The G6 also gets the same rockets as the G2. Combining the rockets with minengeschoss shells turns the G6 into the most lethal fighter in the game. If you're having trouble with enemy fighters, you can take an improved maneuverability specialization instead of the rockets.
    Example of why the G6 is broken: https://streamable.com/41zpq
  • Ju-88: Take the 1000kg bombs and go commit your war crimes. Enjoy it before it gets patched.
  • Stukas: I find them to be flawed, similar to the Mosquito. They don't carry a payload large enough to warrant taking over a Ju-88. Nor are they more durable or capable of holding their own against enemy fighters.

REMEMBER: ALWAYS PRIORITIZE ENEMY FIGHTERS. You can always take your time with killing an enemy bomber, but if you ignore a fighter, or let them get away, they will repair and come back to shoot you down. As a fighter, your priority should be this: Enemy fighters > soft AA emplacements > Bombers.

If you have any questions about fighters, you can find me in the goon discord for this game. Alternatively, if you have any questions about bombers, you can ask Generation Internet in discord or in the thread.

And Remember:

Symetrique fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 22, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

I cannot wait for the after the launch downloadable content, that precious ***.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
makes me lol that Firestorm is probably going to be deluxe and origin access premier only

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

eonwe posted:

makes me lol that Firestorm is probably going to be deluxe and origin access premier only

I dont know why they'd limit it, surely they would have more people willing to buy cosmetics if they werent forced to buy Deluxe/Premier.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

My friend once bruised his knee real bad. It was weird to see a ********* like that.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

List of BFV game changes cause it gets asked a lot and it's a long list:

quote:

-Game has campaign, a co-op mode, and PvP.
-All content like maps/modes/weapons will be free releases. Cosmetics can be bought with real money or earned in-game.
-You make a character and put little costume bits on them (though people were saying some customization might be Battle Royale-only)
-Progression is now get gun>use gun>get stuff to put on it. There's a "customization" section for non-stat affecting stuff like camos, scopes, and mods, and an "upgrade" tree that has nodes that make the gun shoot better. Gadgets and weapons are locked behind class rank, then need to be purchased with this game's version of War Bonds.
-You're dropped straight into a squad without a full compliment of ammo. You can see where squadmates are about to spawn.
-There's a killstreak-style system where your squad picks up points. The points can then be spent on things like airstrikes, smoke barrages, special vehicles only your squad can use, etc.
-Health will only regen up 30 points. No more full auto-regen. You get healed by pouches which people can throw to you, you can get out of boxes, or you can self-heal if you picked up an ammo pouch earlier (hold 5 on PC).
-3D spotting has gotten reworked. Hitting Q/Spot can mark spots on the ground, or mark enemies on the mini-map (the mark does not follow enemy movement). Enemies can be 3D spotted in the traditional sense by recon gadgets and if they are fully suppressed, they'll get marked by a little hard-to-see crosshair for like a half second.
-You can build fortifications. It's not like Fortnite though, you can't build whatever you want, all of it is predetermined like rebuilding walls, putting down gun/AA emplacements, or putting down sandbags. If you remember Enemy Territory, it's kinda like that with the ghost outline of what you build. Support builds faster than the other classes.
-You pick up ammo and meds by interacting with them from "stations" that are in spawns, or get it from traditional support/medic packs. When enemies die, they drop ammo pouches for you to scarf up (you just walk over them). The old AoE ammo/health crates are switched out for crates where you have to physically grab pouches out of.
-When your health hits 0, you go into a downed mode. It's a quick timer and you can't be revived when it hits zero. Anyone can revive squadmates but it's an animation that takes a while to do it the basic way. Medics can do it faster and can also revive outside of their squad (non-Medics can only revive squadmates). Teammates can drag you around when you're down. You can speed up or slow down your bleed-out and shout for help when downed.
-When you die, you see a 3rd person view of your different squadmates and can choose to spawn on that person. It looks a bit more intuitive since you don't have to watch a swoop-in transition. You know what you're spawning into. Revives now happen where bodies fall, instead of where they're killed.
-Squads are all 4-man again.
-Suppression is only visual and audio, no weapon changes to it.
-Cone of fire is gone. Weapons have predictable recoil and accuracy
-Bullet penetration happens with more powerful weapons.
-Going prone no longer puts you in "lazy susan" mode. You've got a full range of movement like in Siege. You can crouch-sprint (finally).
-Operations is a more branching affair. They take place across "days" and different modes. An attacking team losing a map doesn't mean the operation will end. Performance in various days of the operations will affect things like spawn/resources for later days.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Plan Z posted:

List of BFV game changes cause it gets asked a lot and it's a long list:

gently caress i want to like it. but it just feels like bf4 with cod combat/arcade stuff. i loved 1 because it felt like you were part of a greater whole in some big charge/teamwork. now it just feels like maybe squads do teamwork but the maps feel overly big and empty and you don't have big fights. maybe the final will fix this but idk.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Holy ****. What did they do to you semi-auto rifles? You're awful!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

eonwe posted:

i think thats a ****up on their website. if you go to https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy#pre-order-battlefield-ps4 you can see that battle royale is available for all editions. EA could be planning on fu*king with just the pc crowd, idk

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Imo, Battlefieldvee is the Groverhaus of the series

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Mordja posted:

Imo, Battlefieldvee is the Groverhaus of the series

So I'll be enjoying it for years to come?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its well designed and a joy to look at?

Trizzdog
May 5, 2014
Original Proprietor of Space Dank

eonwe posted:

I checked that link given in the previous thread ( https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy ) and it shows 3 check marks in that category, which going by what I know about access premier and the previous "null dashes" in the chart, means that all versions get it?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

eonwe posted:

women in battlefield v

:eyepop:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Golly

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

eonwe posted:

women in battlefield v

Hey ladies on the battlefield I'm callin out to ya!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I hear the beta is pretty good.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

eonwe posted:

women in battlefield v

Are v good. Battlefield V good.

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Hey ladies on the battlefield I'm callin out to ya!

I've been surprisingly lucky and have had squads that do actually acknowledge medic calls for revives.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

It's weird how much enjoyment I'm getting out of the monocular. It honestly feels like one of those CoD missions where you just mark people for a dude to kill.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I thought "Battlefield? That tired old thing? I might as well play the beta to try a modern game on my new monitor"

and I think they just sold me on it

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Game is fun.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Gonna play dat beta tomorrow.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is the german VO broken right now? I'm not getting any of the "flag captured/lost" messages I get as british.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
In case some didnt notice support are the only class that can build or see certain fortification options.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only played one match, but I found one big problem, when I hit 3 for ammo or medi pack, it just switched to main weapon a lot of the time. Yes the cooldown was not on. It was super annoying.

Though I did get enough sniper kills to hear the sniper start count. Crouch running is amazing though.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

V has come to.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
are they still doing a battle royale for this one

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

The REAL Goobusters posted:

are they still doing a battle royale for this one

They sure are

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It's too bad they won't patch the beta, it's gonna be a week of getting sniped by rapid-fire STGs. Apparently you can tap fire quicker than it's supposed to shoot and half the players are assault now. The other half are snipers XD

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Once you call for a drop of a tank/etc in the squad leader radio, how do you actually trigger it?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Hitler ruled **** Germany.

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009

Paul MaudDib posted:

Once you call for a drop of a tank/etc in the squad leader radio, how do you actually trigger it?

It'll get added to your deployment screen next time you spawn. If you click on one of your team's untakeable spawn points (the flag ones) there should be a brown/orange symbol to click on to get it to spawn.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Flag spawns make no sense. They seem to be choosing what half of the map you want to spawn in instead of at which flag. Sometimes you'll pick one of the two base spawn points and end up spawning where the other one's icon was. It's awful when spawning on a flag sometimes drops you right in the zone and another time you need to run for 10 seconds straight to get in the zone, across a hell street.

On the bright side I joined a rotterdam that was 500-650 and we turned it around to 40-0, so I still haven't played a game that wasn't close

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Maybe with women in the game we'll finally see if love can bloom on the Battlefield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

Digirat posted:

Flag spawns make no sense

To be fair this is how it was in bf1 as well, it'd just put in a vague area somewhat near the spawn point.